It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you like or hate pitbulls?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Letter to Dog Fancy magazine:

Q. How can you tell if a dog is a Pit Bull?

A. Look for key identifiers like a low forehead, barrel chest, bandy legs and an aggressive stance, as well as there usually being a thick chain around the neck. If those features are present, chances are that the dog they have with them is a Pit Bull.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

Freaking Priceless!!! Love that! Your jokes are great..

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I've had 1 pit bull and so did my inlaws, if taken care of and treated well they're the sweetest most loyal dogs ever. They're even gentle with kids, my younger ones would try to ride both dogs and they did nothing but lick them.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

LoL!!! You have now described most of my neighborhood LOL!!!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
You know, it's really irritating that people continue to blame animals for how they're trained.

Get your head out of your ***.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
To me, a pit bull or rottweiler says a lot about the character of its' owner. I've never encountered anyone who owned those breeds of dog, who didn't seem to have a fairly similar personality and level of intelligence themselves.

I hate dogs in general terms, to tell the truth; and it feels good to admit it. They are emotionally codependent, unhygienic, often hyperactive, and are also often among the least intelligent members of the animal kingdom. I truthfully feel more affectionate towards arachnids as an overall species family, than I do the canines.

I feel particularly bitter resentment over the fact that, while a potential mass extinction event is currently ongoing, a species family as thoroughly unworthy and undeserving as the canines may well be one of the few to survive, purely because of their degree of human domestication.

Going back to the subject of rotts and pit bulls specifically, these are dogs which were bred specifically for the purpose of being vicious. I don't feel that it should be done inhumanely, but I do feel that for the safety of both humanity and most of the other species which these breeds come into contact with, these breeds should be rendered entirely extinct.
edit on 7-5-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The only thing I can say is there are thousands of videos on various websites showing pit bull attacks on small animals and people and I don't find any other videos of other breeds acting the same way. Can anyone explain this? I used to love pit bulls and used to believe it was all about the training until the trail of evidence mounted as I viewed video after video of another pit bull attack unprovoked. I believe pit bulls are the most violent psychopathic breed to ever walk the earth.
edit on 7-5-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

To me, a pit bull or rottweiler says a lot about the character of its' owner. I've never encountered anyone who owned those breeds of dog, who didn't seem to have a fairly similar personality and level of intelligence themselves.

I think Thomas Edison, President Roosevelt, Helen Keller, President Wilson and a huge list of others would beg to differ. So would the 'Dog Whisperer'.

I adopted a pitbull because I knew he would have a harder time finding a happy loving home than the other dogs at the shelter. He was an amazing dog, extremely gentle, very sweet and the only dog I ever trusted completely around children. There's a reason they were called the 'nanny dog' back in the day. I certainly was't trying to look like a tough guy when I adopted that boy.

Not all pitbulls are the muscle bound behemoths with cropped ears and large chain collars. In my area (which is rather affluent) pitbulls are very popular, and not for looking tough. People have realized that pitbulls are great dogs, and very often misunderstood.

I've known a lot of pitbulls and have yet to have a bad experience with one. Remember that they are the most popular dog breed in America, so it makes sense that there are more injuries or deaths from the breed.

I guess I'll just take it as a compliment that you judge a dog owner based on the breed. I have a border collie so I suppose I get high marks for intelligence. Thanks. I would suggest you read up on the human/canine relationship throughout history. It has been argued that we would not be anywhere near where we are today without dogs to help us hunt and herd. They have played a big part in our evolution.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Oh no...if we are judged by the breed of dog we own...
Ok I own an old fat lazy pug who is half blind.
actually that makes sense, Im old, lazy, kinda gettin fat, wearing glasses cause I'm losing my sight OH NO!!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
My tail of 'Banned It' .....
I always had a dog in my life, they always seemed to find me. Our family dog, Trixie, had died and we didn't have a family dog. I told my son if he finds a dog to let me know about it , but under no circumstances could it be a pit bull.
About 6 months later, one day after work he brought home this 2 month old pit bull. He denied it was a pit bull and we went around about it , cuz I know what a pit bull looks like. His name was Bandit and he didn't have his ears or tail cut. He is one of those tan and white ones.I told my son to get it out of the house, no way was we gonna have a pit bull, he said he couldn't give it back , Bandit was BANNED from the town and he would be put down. Some couple, at the RV park my son worked at, got a ticket for having a pit bull in city limits and they had to get rid of it and they gave it to my son.
Well, that was 3 years ago. Bandit has been a good dog and friend. I never would have kept Bandit if we had neighbors close by( closest neighbor 1+ mile away) or if there were children around.
Bandit seems like every other family dog we have ever had, but I KNOW he could do so much more damage IF he ever decided to bite.
I would never go out of my way to get a pit bull. It seems Bandit picked me like all my other dogs did.I use to be ONE OF THOSE people that trashed pit bulls and their owners saying.... Pit bulls are born killers and the owners were ignorant fools. Maybe I'm a fool but Bandit been a good dog and what more can you expect from a dog.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by SGTSECRET
Posted this before, and will continue to do so every time someone brings up pitbulls being nothing but ferocious mean looking animals. He's so ferocious he snuggles with Pixie the chihuahua...scary huh?

Hmmm, mixed message here. They ARE ferocious looking, but that doesn't imply they are. I just don't see them as pretty.

What I did notice was that a few years back (ten to fifteen years ago) there was a string of pitbull attacks reported on the news, and then PITBULL BOOM, everybody started getting them.

So, what made you decide on getting a pitbull instead of, say, an Irish Setter?

No mixed message at all. I said 'someone brings up pitbulls being nothing but ferocious mean looking animals.' Never said I thought they were either one of those things...actually posted pictures to show the complete opposite, cute and cuddly. As for your question about 'why a pitbull,' he actually belongs to my wife, who raised him. He didn't meet me until he was a year old, I was just some new stranger showing up and never got attacked/bit. So no, the pit was not my choice, the chihuahua was

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

No the people that tend to OWN pit bulls are violent psychopath's most of the time. In other words complete gang banger, affliction wearing, IDIOTS!

I grew up with German Shepard's, great dogs, my last one had to be put down due to getting hit by a tractor out on the family farm (broke both back legs and crushed his hips RIP Renegade) I went a number of years without a dog at all. About 4 years ago some friends of mine rescued a blue nose Pit Bull, the dog looked terrible when I first met her, hair matted, dirty and had patches missing, very skinny, and skiddish like she had been beaten.

The first weekend they brought the dog out to the lake I bonded with the dog like no other. She went from being timid to playing fetch, and having a good time. A few weeks after that my friend called and said she wasn't eating and starting to act aggressive towards their other pets. I agreed to take her in, when I pulled up to the house she perked right up, bolted out of the door and jumped right in my truck. I guess maybe it was just meant to be, after having her for a month she went from weighing 45lbs to just under 70lbs, her coat filled in and got nice and shiney.

I had her for about a year and a half and she got pregnant by a friends pit bull. She had a litter of puppies then I had her fixed. I ended up keeping one of the puppies, he was the biggest dufus looking little guy lol(now he weighs 140lbs). So now I have a pair of pits. I will say this, while they are both well mannered, they are extremely territorial. When I walk them they don't even pay any attention to other dogs or people. Ring my doorbell or walk in my yard and those two raise hell. In the 17 years I've lived in my house, I've been robbed twice, since I've had these dogs, no way. I have no doubt if anyone came in my house uninvited or while I wasn't home or asleep they would be torn to pieces. I have no problem with that, my kid is grown, and I live with just the dogs. My friends and family know not to just walk in my house and I never let them around kids. Not that I don't trust the dogs, but all it takes is 1 wrong ear pull, or something else and it could get bad quick, that could be any dog though.

TO me these dogs are lovable, loyal companions, to others they are unruly beasts. I do however treat them like a loaded gun, I muzzle them in public, kind of like keeping the safety on my handgun when I carry it. Like others have said, any dog can bite, but the way a Pit locks on and shakes makes them deadly, a lot of fools tend to not respect that. I never considered myself a 'pit bull' guy, I can defend myself lol. I love these dogs, but I also respect how their nature is what it is, as such I do what I can to keep people around me safe and the dogs safe also.

My girl loves the water

My boy feeling my pain on a hungover Sunday

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I don't like them because they look like they would eat me for lunch.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
pitbull make horrible gaurd dogs. maybe an alarm dog but not a gaurd dog. a stranger can go up to a pitbull and pet him. i see pitbulls nthey bark at me but i know the breed really well so i walk up to them n theybecome really friendly. pitbulls are not violent or aggressive dogs, they are however extremely crazy. i have 1 and i can see him ripping a baby apart. but with that said i've seen him get on his belly and lick babies on the face. they get excited and lose control. thats really all it is. people just need to be around their pitbulls when children are near.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
i love pitbulls..the olny problem is the people who own these dogs do not know how to properly train one..most of time when pits are out of control they are trained to be mean and violent from birth by hoodlums and scumbags..pits are one of the most loyal dogs you can have.i hope people on here realize ITS NOT THE dogs fault it is the owners!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

every pitbull i have met has been sweet and kind. They are good looking dogs as well. the problem is the idiotic people who raise them improperly. any other dog raised that way would act the same as the way pitbulls are portrayed in the media.

you just don't hear about them...not sensational enough....

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I've seen purse dogs with more aggression then some pittbulls. All jokes aside one of the most loyal and smartest dogs I've ever had. They're more then just animals they're trustful companions and very emotional just like humans.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join