It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids fingerprinted at school!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mechcb

I couldn't help but notice your post with its response.

I was taught to take the word co-incidence out of my vocabulary and then look again at issues that interest me. I find that fingerprinting Children - without the express consent or even knowledge of their parents/guardians - is way out of line. The government do not own your Children - they ought to show more respect and at least inform the parents.

There is an underlying issue here and it is not addressing the case of missing Children - it is addressing the government and their need to CONTROL everyone and everything - thankfully they are failing. There is no co-incidence that Children are mandated by law to attend school and to be fingerprinted because a Teacher is directed as such . I am a Teacher and I would flat out refuse to fingerprint any Child unless I had a parent/guardian standing next to me while I took the fingerprints.

Much Peace...to all Children and the Childhoods that are being stolen from them...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I remember doing this multiple times as a kid. Granted I grew up in KC with a paranoid mother who was afraid of every Tom, Dick, and Harry that passed by, but nonetheless she made sure to get some sort of identification logged. Sure, some of you say "because it's for in case of a kidnapping" is complete BS but we were told that it was to identify our DEAD bodies. Fully and outright. So, yes, you're right that it wouldn't help people find a missing child but it does help identify one in the worst case scenario. Its part of the reason why state missing children organizations have you provide a recent photo of the child or take one right then and there. The reason we got multiple prints was for the simple fact that I bit my fingers a lot which caused scarring on my fingers obscuring the swirls of my fingerprints.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
you people are so brainwashed it is unbelievable. How on earth can you say this is okay?? first of all, if a child went missing or was abducted, how would fingerprints help recover that child?? except for maybe positively identifying the kid if they were found 10 years down the road, otherwise the parents could identify the child and vice versa just fine. A child goes missing, they have his/her's fingerprints on file; what are they going to do? start sweeping every wall, window, doorknob, pole, street corner for the child's prints?? That is simply ridiculous. You all who say this is no big deal are insane. It's one thing if the school personally notifies all parents and gets permission from them and the student's to fingerprint. It is a different thing entirely if they are downright TRICKING young students into unknowingly submitting their fingerprints into the system. How is that not legal? And no i don't believe a 'note home' suffices either, things like this the parents should be contacted directly about. If i were you i'd be outraged and seeking a lawyer. Also, call me "criminal - minded" or what have you, but any criminal with any sort of brain cells is going to wear gloves before partaking in a crime. That is why they take DNA samples for felonies, the person has a past of criminal offenses and you can't wear gloves over your DNA, and it helps convict and also get innocent people out of jail all the time. I find that a good practice. Fingerprints however are useless; ESPECIALLY in a situation where a perfectly well behaved student with no criminal past is being fingerprinted to be put on file, and if you think your 2nd grader being tricked into submitting their fingerprints into the system is perfectly A- okay. You are totally brainwashed. Seek some help.
'If it helps prevent crime and stop terrorism then i can't see how you can complain about it" - above poster.
Are you freaking serious? Good luck with that man
We sure did get Osama with fingerprints after all, right there on the magic passports.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Total Info Awareness logo contains Illuminati eye in the capstone and was on the darpa website at one time. This was when Admiral Poindexter wanted the program but Congress blocked it.

www.richardgingras.com...

The idea of it iwas to have a giant supercomputer database and it would link all the databases like the DMV and traffic records, health records, and anything else they could get away with.
Know this....that the Obam admin started building this with the health records and used Stimulus money to do it.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Reading about things like this makes me wonder if George Orwell was a seer

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
So far as I know, this has been standard practice for atleast the last fifteen years. When I was in elementary school they brought officers in to fingerprint us and what not. But if i am correct in my memory, the officers dont keep the records if the kids are young enough. They give them to the parents, but I dont know for absolute.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 0subsZero13

you people are so brainwashed it is unbelievable. How on earth can you say this is okay??

I'm genuinely curious as to what the negative aspect of this would be.

Not trying to sound condescending or sarcastic, I just really can't think of why there is a problem with getting a child's fingerprints.

The only thing people against it are saying is "Because it's my child, not the governments." (which I'm not arguing there, but still - what does that have to do with the local or state government having your children's fingerprints on file?)

&/Or

"Because the government is too invasive already, what's next soldiers sleeping in our houses?" Right...because we all know marijuana truly is a gateway drug....
(Okay...no more sarcasm. Honestly though, this is a faaaar reach from housing soldiers.)

Those that don't see it as such a big deal (the ones you say are brainwashed) have given their reasons, and while it is a grim reason - it's legitimate. In cases of abduction, it can be used to identify a child's body. And no, parents are not always able to ID a child if something has disfigured them.

So why should I be against it? Where is the harm? That they could possibly frame a child later in life - they can do that anyway, with or without fingerprints.

So what is it? Why/how could this legitimately be used against a child later (or at the present time) in life?

And as far as brainwashing goes - fear mongering and using scare tactics don't just come from big government to citizens. It goes both ways. Just because it's coming from an alternative source (not the MSM), doesn't mean it can't be fear mongering and brainwashing.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
It's for sure part of the complete digitalization of the world and the people in it. Check out NSA's new toy in Utah, combine it with face recognition, semantiv analysis of texts, recognition of objects on pictures etc. Skynet is @ the corner or maybe even already in the living room? We're about to be made just little wheels in a giant machine ... If you keep on thinking you really wonder how and why peopla act this way on other people ... or is there something more evil lurking underground?
I just recommend en.wikipedia.org... and ponerology.com... ... There need to be a mental resp. emotional check before you're allowed to higher jobs ... We cannot allow that literally ill people run down this world ...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jacktorrance

A simple and very real scenario that is an extension of this is having your kids micro-chipped to "help" us when they get "kidnapped". How often do children get kidnapped from school? Is it enough to justify removing your rights?

CJ

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Okay I understand that, but micro-chipping is another far leap from taking fingerprints.

It appears that some people in this thread believe that micro-chipping is a part of the new health care bill (which it isn't.) So that doesn't seem like a reasonable jump to me at this point.

But point taken.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
My child was fingerprinted for his own good. It is for a state missing child database. Apparently my wife gave consent when she registered them at this school. I asked for the consent form and was told it was sent to raleigh (nc capitol) I asked to see the fingerprints or a copy and i was told that they were sent to raleigh. I was told if i had a problem with this i could take the child out of the school system and put them in a private school. I have nothing else to say on this subject.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Ok, I've been told how I'm brainwashed and crazy for being ok with my son having his fingerprints on file..and there's been like-minded people that have given a certifiable pro to having it done. Can ANYONE give me a better reason against this other than "they're taking too much of our information". Because that's pretty weak. Don't get me wrong-I'm all against a lot the govt has going on. But aren't they to a point supposed to be there FOR us? I'm all against big govt having too much control. But that doesn't mean you need to take all control from them. Then, what's the point of even having them?

Say there's a kid that gets kidnapped, by pure luck has a chance to escape, runs out in traffic, gets hit by a car, and his face is done. There ya go-there's just one scenario where this could come in helpful. Can anyone give me even one logical scenario where it would NOT be in my favor? Please don't just jump to criticizing my example unless you have one of your own.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join