It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids fingerprinted at school!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Im so pissed right now. Just looked at the school schedule that was given out on Friday May 5th. One thing stood out. County school fingerprinting schedule. They scheduled 2 days One on May 2nd and the other on May 17th. I asked my son if he was fingerprinted he is 5 and didnt really understand. I then asked him if he ever had ink put on his fingers. He said no but on wednsday he had to make a butterfly on a blank piece of paper with his hands. He said that the teacher asked him what his name and birthday was. He asked her why she wants to know its already written on the bottom of the paper. I asked him to show me this paper since on fridays he always bring everything home. I mean everything. Not much "artwork" is going on.
To me this is akin to when the kids have tours of police station and the officer "shows them" how they fingerprint.
My daughter "she is older" told me that the teacher said all the older kids were to be fingerprinted later in the month. WTF! Is anyone is going this. Is this a normal school activity?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by semperkill

Spooky stuff happening, this is very strange indeed and I am taking you for your word here.
It is getting so crazy in the world where do we get off this spinning madness?
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
WOW that realy is a dirty trick.
Surely if you have not consented then this MUST be illegal??

Dont take this laying down, go see othe parents, go down the school in LARGE numbers and COMPLAIN

Tell the school you want the fingerprints of EVERY member of staff, see how THEY like it.
edit on 5-5-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Experience and wisdom tells me not to jump to conclusions... but it's hard to do so with this one.

If they are in fact 'fingerprinting' children, and keeping record of it... disgusting.

I remember when I was fingerprinted... I was brought in because of A TRAFFIC TICKET! This might sound rather childish(maybe wrong word) or what have you.... but I felt like, ahh man, can't even think of a way to describe it.

dehumanized

not just that... now, if my fingerprint some how shows up in an investigation, I'm right in the mix of things... even if I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. Innocent before proven guilty is a joke, and is not the rule of law.

But all in all... I'm leaning towards a new paradigm about all this... gaining strength each and every day.

These things matter, but only to a certain extent. When I say that I felt dehumanized, it was probably because it conflicted with my ego. Shedding that skin is the most fundamental undertaking in which a person can take part in. Let them have the rules, laws, and accusations...in the end I WILL HAVE EVERYTHING ELSE.

Which is FAR MORE THAN 'THEY' WILL EVER HAVE!

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
If the prints are being recorded, just for general data banks to hold?

All persons entering the sates have all ten fingers scanned so it does not surprise me to find out that on top of your photo for ID being taken, the gov wants prints, weight, tattoos or any anything else from their own citizens.

If it does in fact reduce crime or terrorism its really very hard to complain about it, from a personnel privacy stand point.

edit on 5-5-2012 by Biigs because: added word

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I ust dont understand why. Now the thing is that i was not told of it. The "schedule' was put out on friday. This month they were late! My issue is why are they fingerprinting kids. For what reason. What database. My kids because of my chosen profession are already in a government database. Why does the school need them.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I doubt theres a single jot of evidence that suggests having prnts reduces crime,

crims can wear gloves.

The same can be said for DNA. Courtesy of a BBC broadcast "A bank robber only needs to take sweepings from a buss and spread them around the crime scene" doing so introduces hundreds of DNA samples
edit on 5-5-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
So that is nothing. You go the hospital and they collect your DNA. And they can do that legally. Once that bleedy band aid is trashed you lose claim to it..Anything that is trashed teh owner loses claim to it. That has been going on for years

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

And even if there is, the off chance that it can reduce terrorism or whatever is no excuse for invading people's privacy. Fingerprinting and such things means that you are suspected a-priori of committing a crime either then or sometime in the future.

If that assumption is not there, then what purpose does it serve? Identification can be gained from you telling your name or showing an I.D. And in the case of a death, there can be somebody to identify the body. As to the "what if" game of you being murdered and thrown in a ditch...in that case, they will likely have to resort to dental records anyway.
edit on 5-5-2012 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This is actually nothing new. I remember when I was in second grade. I was fingerprinted in my school, they actually made it fun, lol with the cops talking to the students. All my classmates were fingerprinted and this was 28 years ago and I live in a small hick town in West Virginia.

They do this so they can have everyone's fingerprints on file. It makes it easier for them later in years to catch a criminal if they already have the persons prints on file.

I actually think its a good idea for them to do this. If your kid is going to become a criminal later in life then they already have his / her greedy little fingerprints.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
reply to post by Biigs

I doubt theres a single jot of evidence that suggests having prnts reduces crime,

crims can wear gloves.

I would have to agree....

People want privacy, the suppression of privacy will only lead to more crime that involves the hiding of one's identity... even if the origin of the hiding of identity isn't directly related to commiting a crime.

Suppression is the key towards agression...

Every 'answer' that we provide to keep people from hurting one another, only has the adverse effect...

This is why I created the following Thread:

Important Riddle for the World to Ponder: Riddle - The Two Guards,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Answer:

"If I asked the _other_ guard, which door would he indicate
leads to Paradise?" Take the door _opposite_ to what's indicated!
Regardless of whom you ask, they'll point to the wrong door.

we need to stop pretending like we have the right answers... because we don't.

Insanity: Einstiens definition.... what I said.. makes much sense if you parallel it with the actions we have taken towards one another throughout history.

Stop suppressing one another out of fear, and watch what happens... it would be the most amazing thing ever.

Every move of our lives is out of fear, and the pursuit of happiness. What if you work towards not acting on fear, and start acting towards what is conducive of happiness?

I tell you what...

Heaven on earth.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by apoc36

Suppose your a crim and your gonna do a robbery and you know thy got your prints what you gonna do?

WEAR GLOVES.

Cant you people think for yourselves!!!

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by apoc36

I mostly agree, but what if my print shows up at some crime scene after im there and have absolutly nothing to do with it.

They come and arrest me, and its up to me and my lawyers (i.e. money) to prove to them im innocent. just an example.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I guess we lack your criminal mind

Personnel privacy is one thing and catching bad guys another, but preventing bad guys doing bad things (or just punishing them) has to cross it somewhere and you simply cant argue against it without making yourself appear like a worried criminal!

It sucks dont get me wrong, im with you!

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

I guess we lack your criminal mind

If I was a crim I'd be in government

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I was fingerprinted in school around 2nd or 3rd grade (I'm 25), wasn't a big deal...

But now that I think about it..they also checked us for lice - do you think they took a DNA sample from my scalp?!??!
edit on 5-5-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This happened to my daughter before I pulled her out of public school.
It was part of an identity card given to parents, and if your child ever is missing, you have the ability to turn in the card to help them in the investigation....I don't know if this is what it is for in this case, but that was what happened to me.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

If they did they probably think your a louse

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by semperkill

May I ask what State you are in? I would call the school and ask them why they need fingerprints? They are already doing palm prints in the hospital er here in NC. They are also doin palm prints at the OBGYN here in NC. I dont like this myself!

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
There is a program for missing children.
Usually they send a note home asking for permission for your child to participate.
If your child was ever abducted,they use this info to either help find the child or to convict the person involved with the abduction.
The second part is if they never find your child but have finger prints.
edit on 5-5-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join