It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids fingerprinted at school!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by semperkill

If it is done to register the child for Missing Persons issue, I dont really see the problem. I suggest GPS the childs phone. If this is some kind of program being done for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children- Please dont worry! It is just a safeguard to protect our children! Just be aware that technology is changing and there are decret ways being done to all of us to get ready for the RFID. This is something in the new health Care Bill suppose to be implemented by 2014..to so call improve our access to healthcare..just be aware and research this ok. PS- there is a GPS Watch you can buy youre child..its somewhere on-line..I think thats a good idea.
edit on 5-5-2012 by Apollo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I was fingerprinted in the 1st and 3rd grade....in Iowa and Virginia. I'm 37

This is not a big deal.

edit on 5-5-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Finally a positive post about this, good stuff i hadn't thought of this angle at all!

S for you!

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I've been fingerprinted 3 times in the last 2 years for various reasons, but I am an adult and can give my consent

fingerprinting children without the parents consent is worrisome if not outright illegal

curious to see others input to any precedent

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Yeah,I mean both my kids participated in the program.
They also get a photo ID card too.
Usually around first or second grade.
Most kids at that age don't have cell phones.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

You can not finger prints kids without consent from the parent or guardian.
Thats why the school sends a note home the sign.
Maybe the op missed the note.
It happens all the time,I get a last minute...dad you have got to sign this note for the field trip!

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I was going to say that I am in my 40's and I was fingerprinted in school when I was in 8th grade. It was something my parents had to agree to and it was in case I went missing ect....
I dont know about other states but that was here in New Jersey.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by apoc36

We had the same thing around that time period too. I was in high school at the time and the only way they wouldn't fingerprint if the parents signed a form that they didn't want their child to participate. We never were told what it was for.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperkill
Im so pissed right now. Just looked at the school schedule that was given out on Friday May 5th. One thing stood out. County school fingerprinting schedule. They scheduled 2 days One on May 2nd and the other on May 17th. I asked my son if he was fingerprinted he is 5 and didnt really understand. I then asked him if he ever had ink put on his fingers. He said no but on wednsday he had to make a butterfly on a blank piece of paper with his hands. He said that the teacher asked him what his name and birthday was. He asked her why she wants to know its already written on the bottom of the paper. I asked him to show me this paper since on fridays he always bring everything home. I mean everything. Not much "artwork" is going on.
To me this is akin to when the kids have tours of police station and the officer "shows them" how they fingerprint.
My daughter "she is older" told me that the teacher said all the older kids were to be fingerprinted later in the month. WTF! Is anyone is going this. Is this a normal school activity?

Because you received the school schedule 4 days late with regard to the first date this was being done, leaving zero window of opportunity to contact the school and get more information, or try to exempt your child, you may have a case against them. The guardian/parent(s) legally needs to be notified in a timely manner if such procedures are scheduled, in order to have the opportunity to deny permission.
I wonder how many kids were left that hadn't undergone this procedure on that first May 2nd date? The second, later, date is only their deliberate attempt to cover their *sses.
Reach out, and contact other parents to get an idea of if this is true. If it is, try to gather as many of the parents who feel as violated as you do, and send a petition to the school board. Contact the principal. Getting local media coverage will help,too. Above all, make a noise. Defend your rights.
And good luck to you.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

Im in NC

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Wow. I remember going to the police station when I was young with school and they were "showing" us how they took fingerprints. Most of the kids "played the game" but I felt weird about it so I didn't. It seems collecting fingerprints is some sort of sly game played by a certain group of people.

There are companies that use finger scanners so you can "clock on" for work now too. The company you work for doesn't control the database for these system, it is a third party that provides the service. Who those people are is anyone's guess.

I had to do a police check for my current job too. I get the impression from it that the police are also trying to manipulate employers to get their potential employees to supply their fingerprints in order to gain employment. Have a look at this:

Now, given that I have no criminal history, how would supplying my fingerprints be considered "positive identification" considering they don't (apparently) already have them on file?

Those in power are trying every trick in the book to collect fingerprints.
edit on 5/5/12 by NuclearPaul because: typo

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I was thinking that for a second. I asked my wife. So a couple of weeks ago we both had to sign a consent form for a trip.....and so did the kid. I think from now on anything that comes home from school will be photocopied and archived. Im still trying to figure out why the state of NC would fingerprint my children (and others) if the Federal Government already has their prints on file.
Lot of strange stuff going on. I am keeping my eyes open and reading everything i can get my hands on. I am reading between the lines and behind them but this one caught me off guard. I mean those are my kids and i just want to protect them...From what you say? From EVERYTHING!

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

kids got phones. Kids got Federal IDs Kids. A missing persons data base is BS. Im thinking this has to do with states asserting their rights from the fed in some way. I know that sounds crazy but tricking kids into giving up their paw prints just doesnt make sense. As far as RFID goes. Sorry but youll soon have no choice inthat matter. No one will

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I think the school district should have notified (you) the parents that they were planning on finger-printing the students. Is this mandatory? Who is performing the fingerprinting? What do they plan on doing with all these fingerprints?

Ten years ago, I would have said very little about this, however, in these times of military tribunals, The Patriot Act, The National Defense Authorization Act, spying on American citizens, detaining of American citizens, and the rest of FASCISM that is infection this country, this bothers me greatly!

I would call the superintendent of the school district and let your voice be heard!

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Anything that happens to my kids WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE is a big deal. The way this was done was sneaky. So im sorry to disagree it was a big deal.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by QueSeraSera

I was going to protest with my luck there will be a senator or someone under the protection of the secret service and ill get sent to jail for ten years! yeah ill take action. I guess i just was a bit outraged and needed to get it out.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Locking it all up and going to bed. Monday will be a very interesting day for me and for the jerlk or jerk offs who did this.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperkill
reply to post by QueSeraSera

I was going to protest with my luck there will be a senator or someone under the protection of the secret service and ill get sent to jail for ten years! yeah ill take action. I guess i just was a bit outraged and needed to get it out.

If you don't stand up, they will stand against you with increasing impunity. This basic cultural reluctance is what they're counting on, just sayin'.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by semperkill

When I was a kid years ago, I was in a catholic elementary school. Yes, the school had the police come in, talk about safety, and fingerprinted all the students. That was well over 14 years ago. It was one of the few things I do remember from that time period of my life.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I stated much earlier in this thread that getting kids prints does not stop crime. I didnt know then that MANY of you were printed years ago. Didi it stop crime No. Did it give corporate employers more data on you Yes.

OP. For the sake of your kids Complain!!! its got nothing to do with crime.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join