It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the ATS military supporters?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
I know you exist, I have seen your posts. But many times I just see the stars pop up on the posts of other members who support the military.

The anti-military crowd here on ATS is always very obvious. Not a thread goes by speaking about the military members, the War on Terror, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Iran, North Korea, (the list goes on) where they do not come by and let their feelings known, to an almost predictable degree.

It almost is as if they can not resist another military thread to come out and and shout their opinions and how much they disagree. I've even seen some downright hateful comments from them multiple times.

But its the pro-military members, the supporters, the active duty, prior service, future service that I want to hear from. The friends and families of sailors, soldiers, airmen, marines, and guardsmen who love and support their fighting men and women that I want to see.

I placed this in the War on Terrorism forum because the War on Terrorism, in my mind, has created the divide between the pro and anti crowds to a degree that t me has not been seen since the years following the conflict in Vietnam. Many of those men had no choice to travel and fight as they were drafted, but the men and women now fighting overseas have all made the hard, hard decision to put their life n the line.

A few people here might remember from my previous posts that I have enlisted in the United States Army, have not served yet, just awaiting my ship date to training, which is approaching rapidly. That might be the reason for this thread, but its something that I have wondered since my very first days just reading ATS, long before I ever became a contributing member.

In my actual day to day life, outside of ATS, every single person who knows of my decision has been nothing but supportive, some even going out of their way to congratulate me, wish me luck and thank me for stepping to the plate where so many others will not.

But here on ATS, it seems that the pendulum swings so far in the other direction.

So I ask, ATS members, where are the supporters. Let your voice be heard.

HERE!!! and in the USN PROUD TO SERVE!!!!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Overall, I am very supportive of the US armed forces. Made up of a broad spectrum of the US society, it is probably the one arm of the government that is most reflective of the US as a whole, both the good and the bad.

I am not always thrilled with it's civillian leadership, who lately seem to be pushing our troops around the map like a game of "Axis and Allies", but to support what appears to often be corporate interests or interests that aren't always the direct security interests of the United States.

And while a civillian, I have a very good understanding of how the armed forces work and operate (and how they don't typically work and operate) due to the following.

Military Family.

It's always been my interest, and over the last 20 years I have read enough military history, operational manuals, reports, etc...to probably get a masters or PhD in military science/history. At 22 I once had a converstation with a general officers and he said had he not known better he would have thought I was also a general officer.

I have a degree in Political Science, emphasis in International Relations and Security.

I also was in Army ROTC. I was released due to a medical condition before completion/commissioning, but got to crawl through the mud with the best of them. It would have been my chosen career had a waiver been granted.

I spent my teen and early twenties as a Civil Air Patrol Cadet. Spending most of my summers training on USAF and National Guard basis. I even got to go to the International Air Cadet Program in Belgium in Germany, and stayed on both US and foreign bases, meeting my cadet counterparts in other countries cadet programs.

So I received a very broad education on the military that most don't get unless they enlist. And therefore, I am very supportive, by and large, of our personnel and services.
edit on 1-5-2012 by SrWingCommander because: clarification.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

I want to know exactly how someone is "anti military"? Is it because we don't support the illegal and unconstitutional holy wars pushed and backed by Israel? Oh did I go too far? Does that make me anti semitic because I questioned the Zionists? Or is there seperation between Jewish people and those that want to fight a 2000 year old holy war against brown people? Frankly, I'm amazed more people can't see the obvious lie that is "American patriotism". Explain to me how we're defending our country fighting a war half way across the world?

Don't ask questions. Just support war against brown people because the Government says so. If you don't it means you hate our military and are somehow unamerican. How about we look at the real anti americans that play politics in our country while they boast their allegiance and dual citizenship to Israel? Oh no! Can't do that! That means you support Hitler!

What a joke.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Where are all the Teacher supporters, The social worker supporters, The Doctor and Nurses supporters?

Why must we put those in the military on a pedestal?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Did you ever get the feeling you haven't done enough?Why do wounded US soldiers seldom runaway,but still want to fight?
How many impossible shots or acts have you seen?
These things are inspiring to me not the killing but why and how as defined by the man.A few only deal with it on a limited level.We see their worst in news papers.Professionals don't get seen on TV.The job they do isn't really thrilling to watch it's done without much talk quickly,fast and controlled.It wouldn't make good entertainment.
Scared kids can be vicious from any country in war.America is no different in that regard.We do however try our level best not to harm innocents.Eastern hostile forces seldom have such restraint.They are opportunists who grasp at technology but rely on medieval tactics and would wish to do so everywhere to maintain control as opposed to those faustian animals who now run the world.
Warriors fight these as they can,not to cause death but to stop evils. Assassins knowingly kill for exactly what they want.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Just curious, when do you stop supporting? Where do you draw the line. This is a fictitious scenario. If bound by an oath, would you kill your own?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

We are seldom outspoken, not for fear of reprisal, just that our beliefs are dear and close to our heart, and we choose not to let them be unabashedly berated by those who disagree. God bless you in your endeavors, and God speed.
edit on 1-5-2012 by onthedownlow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Just curious, when do you stop supporting? Where do you draw the line. This is a fictitious scenario. If bound by an oath, would you kill your own?

I suppose the line is subjective to each individual.

You see many people here in this thread that are of the mindset where they are supportive of the troops themselves, but skeptical about the 10 year long war. I can respect that wholeheartedly.

There are others who disagree with the war and therefore the actors, being the military members, do not get their support. I also respect that.

For me, I will never turn my back on the members of the armed forces as a whole, but individual members who commit atrocities, well they do not have my support/respect.

This is a very subjective and very, very touchy subject here on ATS. I, for one, will not deride someone else for their opinion, unlike many of the replies you can see in this thread.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Spc. White , A 2-150th FA Bn. To all current and former service members. At ease! To all of you civy rainbow bright colored pieces of grabastic horse dung! ATTEN-TION! PRESENT ARMS!................ORDER ARMS! desmissed pogies.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
OP i'm in the same boat as you, I leave for Fort Benning in 13 days. Can't wait. I'm nervous though lol.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjjigga
OP i'm in the same boat as you, I leave for Fort Benning in 13 days. Can't wait. I'm nervous though lol.

Best of luck my friend.
Are you going for 11B OSUT?

If not what is your MOS?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

It brings to mind the old adage "Everyone loves their soldiers, until they stop fighting & come home."

29INFDIV

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'm not against the military, what I AM against, however, is all this "Support Our Troops" propaganda that I see everywhere. Bumper stickers, pop culture, store signs, even other people regurgitating those three words like robots.

It's brainwashing, pure and simple. For the past 10 years we have seen and heard those three words countless times per day, and now it's no surprise everyone tears up and fist pumps every time they hear about or see a soldier.

Old time soldiers joined to serve and protect their country. Modern soldiers join the military for a job, and because Call of Duty got boring. Why do you think it's almost impossible to get an infantry position in the military? It's because everyone that joins wants the Rambo job.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
I'm not against the military, what I AM against, however, is all this "Support Our Troops" propaganda that I see everywhere. Bumper stickers, pop culture, store signs, even other people regurgitating those three words like robots.

It's brainwashing, pure and simple. For the past 10 years we have seen and heard those three words countless times per day, and now it's no surprise everyone tears up and fist pumps every time they hear about or see a soldier.

Old time soldiers joined to serve and protect their country. Modern soldiers join the military for a job, and because Call of Duty got boring. Why do you think it's almost impossible to get an infantry position in the military? It's because everyone that joins wants the Rambo job.

The best part is people "support our troops" until they come home and sit on the street homeless. Then they step over them on their way to church - have to be a good Christian and all.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Former US Navy, FC1(SW), 1984 - 1994, Persian Gulf Vet.

Go Navy!

Wife, former Army. Father in law, former Marine. Father and Mother, former Navy.

My oldest son leaves for the Air Force next month.

All of us were proud to serve our country. All of us cheerfully smile at even the most hateful loud mouth US citizens, because we choose to go where we did, so they wouldn't have to.

Good luck OP, and remember this:

You get out of the military what you put in. Give it a 110%.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
Former US Navy, FC1(SW), 1984 - 1994, Persian Gulf Vet.

Go Navy!

Wife, former Army. Father in law, former Marine. Father and Mother, former Navy.

My oldest son leaves for the Air Force next month.

All of us were proud to serve our country. All of us cheerfully smile at even the most hateful loud mouth US citizens, because we choose to go where we did, so they wouldn't have to.

Good luck OP, and remember this:

You get out of the military what you put in. Give it a 110%.

So you're proud that you, your wife and now your son were used as guinea pigs, forced to take experimental vaccines and are stuck in an endless holy war for an "ally" (that is really by definition nothing more than a parasite) that doesn't give a damn about you or your family? Is that the 110% you get out of it when you come home without a leg or worse - in a body bag? Bring out the grill honey let's fire up them dogs and celebrate our make believe freedom while the military walks the streets of America and the TSA sexuallly assaults us protecting us against DEM DER brown peoples!

Still cheerfully smiling? My grandfather served in ww2. My uncle in Vietnam. My family has served it's dues to the fake patriotic bullcrap that you so gleefully cling to. These people have ruined my entire family and all you can do is sit there and scream hoorah as our country falls apart from the inside out.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
you want to see who really supports our troops?......the ones that care about them when they ARE NOT getting their ass shot at.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
you want to see who really supports our troops?......the ones that care about them when they ARE NOT getting their ass shot at.

Or the ones that actually want to get them the hell out of that warzone and back home where they belong. Stop fighting Israel's holy war and bring our troops home. Put them on OUR border instead of Afghanistan's. Let's nation build America instead of the middle east.

Common sense ----> window

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jagermeister

Originally posted by jimmyx

Or the ones that actually want to get them the hell out of that warzone and back home where they belong. Stop fighting Israel's holy war and bring our troops home. Put them on OUR border instead of Afghanistan's. Let's nation build America instead of the middle east.

Common sense ----> window

you're absolutely right. as far as i'm concerned, our troops are being used as "big oil" mercenaries, paid with taxpayer dollars, at the same time we are subsidizing "big oil" with tax breaks paid with taxpayer dollars.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jagermeister

TSA sexuallly assaults us protecting us against DEM DER brown peoples!

The TSA is not the Military.

all you can do is sit there and scream hoorah

HOORAH is a Marine thing. HOOYAH is the Navys as you were responding to a Navy Vet. Just wanted to help you get a few facts straight. And yes I am proud to be a Marine even if I don't agree with our current foreign policy, so flame away at will. I actually enjoy it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join