It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the ATS military supporters?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

We're here. As a matter of fact, some of us (including me) are IN the US Military, we just choose to not engage against some of the flagrant stupidity and hate displayed here by our counterparts who've never done anything more than work a 9 to 5 and sit on their couch.

No point.

You can't change them. Just ignore them.

Cheers!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

You are not obviously old enough to have witnessed Viet Nam. I do not agree with the current conflicts, and have advised all 4 of my sons to avoid them, I am a proud veteran.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I frequently disagree with our policy makers but have nothing but the highest regard for our troops. The most highly trained, professional soldiers in the world.
Lots of friends in the Army, the Navy, and the Guard. Great guys with good families.
Terrible what this administration is doing to your benefits.

Watch your @$$ and get back home in one piece.

Peace.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

Originally posted by Jagermeister
Then you come home and sit homeless on the street because the VA doesn't give a damn and neither do the people once you're all used up.

Thank you for illustrating exactly the point of this thread and many of the replies with that statement.
Sailors, Soldiers, Airmen, Guardsmen and Marines deserve better than that.

Actually the VA does give a damn, was just recently accepted in a VA program, and I left the service in 1990.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Kuddos to you, this is the kind of attitude that makes us vets a bit different than most.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Prior 5 year active duty and current Army Reserve Sergeant, radio check - over.

I usually disregard comments from anti-military ATS members bud.. IMO most of them wouldn't join even if the war WAS being fought for the right reasons. Dig in deep to your new career and make your own decision.. yours will be the valid one that counts, others can just keep reading Alex Jones and CNN/FOX.. good luck.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo
Prior 5 year active duty and current Army Reserve Sergeant, radio check - over.

I usually disregard comments from anti-military ATS members bud.. IMO most of them wouldn't join even if the war WAS being fought for the right reasons. Dig in deep to your new career and make your own decision.. yours will be the valid one that counts, others can just keep reading Alex Jones and CNN/FOX.. good luck.

To the OP, this person has it right, I did 7 years, they can be the best years of your life. Those that haven't experienced it, have no background from which to post. Military service can be honorable service. God Speed OP, return to your loved ones safely.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
Former NAVY 2nd class Petty Officer checking in. DC2.

HM3 reporting in. Cheers!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Op,

Once you are actually in the military, go through boot, camp, get deployed, watch your friends get deployed, and essentially get a "look behind the veil" your opinions will change. Not necessarily in a bad way, but after I joined ( I am now out) I have many mixed feelings. I am very against war, I do not like what the government is doing, but I do care about my friends and family in the military. But i the same time I was no longer to take any more BS since I some how felt like a lacky. It is hard to explain, but I am sure at some point you will understand me.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
After reading this thread its nice to see a lot of people on here are supporters of the military, I.E. the Vets and the soldiers currently doing the fighting and dieing

I also see a few people who well "hate" them.

People can talk tough all they want when there sitting at a computer, the things is none of them understand what its like to go through the training, realizing that the friends you make will take a bullet for you and you would take one for them.

1 poster said that most of the people have IQs under 70, well id like to say that is one of the most intolerant things ive ever read. Most of the men and women I have met while being in for the short time ive been in for so far have been college grads, or very intelligent people who didnt know what they wanted to do when they graduated high school.

I honestly believe that serving in the military is one of the best things you could ever do with your life. You gain a lot of insight. You realize you can do things that you never though you could of accomplished before. Hell graduating Parris Island and becoming a Marine made me realize there is nothing in this world I cannot accomplish if I set my mind to it.

Im not going to try to change the minds of the few people I have seen who just "hate" us because well there is no changing them. But if this is something you are truley thinking of doing I wish you the best of luck and I wish your family the best of luck because it is not something you will do alone.

Take that picture to heart ladies and gentlemen.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by leelo

Op,

Once you are actually in the military, go through boot, camp, get deployed, watch your friends get deployed, and essentially get a "look behind the veil" your opinions will change. Not necessarily in a bad way, but after I joined ( I am now out) I have many mixed feelings. I am very against war, I do not like what the government is doing, but I do care about my friends and family in the military. But i the same time I was no longer to take any more BS since I some how felt like a lacky. It is hard to explain, but I am sure at some point you will understand me.

You my brother have probably the best advice to the OP that I have seen. My service is dated, as I am sure the many other supporter's is. One comment I saw earlier, You will get out of it, what you put into it.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

I would agree with you, I taught in the AF during the 80's, most of the folks I dealt with had IQ's above 140.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I am probably the biggest military supporter here on ATS. So I'm here, me

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by leelo

Op,

I understand exactly what you are saying. My view of the world changed after seeing 'behind the veil' and also am very against war and the actions of our government. Dec 2013 I'm finally done, if we leave Iran alone I might make it that far.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Sorry I can't support the military nor the individuals mindlessly joining it thinking they are serving their country when they are nothing but enforcers for banksters and corporate elite interests... Do I think our country should have a military? Of course I do but it should not be used to secure resources for politically connected corporations and banksters and the mindless supporters continue to enable these traitors to use our young people as cannon fodder .

It's time the America public grow up and call a spade a spade! Read and learn from one of the most decorated soldiers of all time Major General Smedley Butler and stop feeding and perpetuation the delusion that joining the military is honorable because you are defending your country, nothing could be further from the truth!

Smedley Butler on Interventionism

-- Excerpt from a speech delivered in 1933, by Major General Smedley Butler, USMC.
War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses.

I believe in adequate defense at the coastline and nothing else. If a nation comes over here to fight, then we'll fight. The trouble with America is that when the dollar only earns 6 percent over here, then it gets restless and goes overseas to get 100 percent. Then the flag follows the dollar and the soldiers follow the flag.

I wouldn't go to war again as I have done to protect some lousy investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

There isn't a trick in the racketeering bag that the military gang is blind to. It has its "finger men" to point out enemies, its "muscle men" to destroy enemies, its "brain men" to plan war preparations, and a "Big Boss" Super-Nationalistic-Capitalism.

It may seem odd for me, a military man to adopt such a comparison. Truthfulness compels me to. I spent thirty- three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country's most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle- man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.

I suspected I was just part of a racket at the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all the members of the military profession, I never had a thought of my own until I left the service. My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of higher-ups.
This is typical with everyone in the military service.

I helped make Mexico, especially Tampico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. The record of racketeering is long. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912 (where have I heard that name before?). I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested.

During those years, I had, as the boys in the back room would say, a swell racket. Looking back on it, I feel that I could have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.

www.fas.org...
warisaracket.org...

edit on 1-5-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Here I am.

I support the military for very personal reasons. They are my extended family, and like all families there are some crazy ones, some intelligent ones and some kind hearted and cold hearted ones.....just like people in general.

Maybe because when you strip away the uniforms and Kevlar they are just people.....flawed and weak, strong and smart, good and bad....there is no way after seeing everything I have seen in my 30 years of living a military life that I can say the military is good or bad......they are both. I may hate some of the things they do, but I also know all the good they bring into the world....call it a paradox, but it is what it is.

OP welcome, and if you ever need someone to talk to about all this, just PM me. If I can't give you answers, I will do my best to find someone who can get you the answers, and i am sure there are many other military ATSers that can and will help, cause that is what we do.

Don't let the people who are unsupportive get you down, don't ever let ANYONE get you down. You do what you think is right for you.

Have a safe journey and remember the military is what you make it....it can break you down or it can lift you up, but it's your choice. Brightest blessings, mija

edit on 1-5-2012 by Mijamija because: Grammar error

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I joined because I got enraged about Hamas killing my Marines in Beirut and since I was angry and liked to fight I was better off doing that for my country.I don't apologize for being a good warrior.It did scare the units I was in.
The VA is treating me really great here in Colorado.I'm finally realizing a dream of art school.There is no way I could ever afford this.I am grateful to receive this chance.
Yes I was experimented on,exposed to toxins and I have PTSD and COPD at 50% but better me than some loser with >70 IQ who stands up in a firefight and gets good men killed.
Its funny how the national authority fails to create its policies based on a soldier's agenda.So its ok to bi##ch about the stupid policies they deploy us with but if you can't understand or maybe you hate violence that is not a military issue,that's philosophy.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Amen brother.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Where are all the Teacher supporters, The social worker supporters, The Doctor and Nurses supporters?

Why must we put those in the military on a pedestal?

Many members of the military sign up KNOWING there is fighting going on, and KNOWING that there is a good chance they will be put in harms way. Many also sign up because they are proud of their country, and would like to be part of the force that will protect it. Don't even start with the whole 'they aren't fighting for our freedom' crap because I am already aware of this and have been in the middle of it. Whether the wars are right or wrong has nothing to do with it. So many people like to talk about how members of the military are so bad and brainwashed and multiple other negative things, but think about this...what if we DID get invaded somehow or WERE attacked sometime in the future? These same people talking down to todays soldiers would be begging for their help calling them brave and patriotic. Point is, you CAN support members of the military WITHOUT supporting the decisions of our current leadership.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRET

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Where are all the Teacher supporters, The social worker supporters, The Doctor and Nurses supporters?

Why must we put those in the military on a pedestal?

Many members of the military sign up KNOWING there is fighting going on, and KNOWING that there is a good chance they will be put in harms way. Many also sign up because they are proud of their country, and would like to be part of the force that will protect it. Don't even start with the whole 'they aren't fighting for our freedom' crap because I am already aware of this and have been in the middle of it. Whether the wars are right or wrong has nothing to do with it. So many people like to talk about how members of the military are so bad and brainwashed and multiple other negative things, but think about this...what if we DID get invaded somehow or WERE attacked sometime in the future? These same people talking down to todays soldiers would be begging for their help calling them brave and patriotic. Point is, you CAN support members of the military WITHOUT supporting the decisions of our current leadership.

This country will never be invaded for the same reason we weren't invaded after Pearl Harbor. The Americans are armed. You tell Billy Bob where and when the invasion takes place and Billy Bob gets his pick up truck. Americans don't beg. We might be fat, dumb and happy in our tv land but we're not cowards.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join