It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the ATS military supporters?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Support? What is support? In this case, I guess it would be uplifting men and women who made the sacrifice to do something that they deemed honorable. These men and women have joined the armed services to do their duty to their God and their country. Does it always seem like they're doing the right thing? No. But when people only focus on the negative, of course it won't. What most people don't understand is that every member of the military is no more human than themselves. They go through the same hardships as anyone else. Not to mention, they really don't get paid all that well. Sure, they get a lot of benefits to help them out in life, more than the average person. But that's because they have given up more than anyone on the outside realize. I'm not trying to sew the seeds of "us vs. them/civilians vs. military," but it naturally happens on its own. Sure, this crap in Afghanistan and Iraq could have easily been avoided, to a degree. It's not all sunshine and farts over there, you know. Judge not the members of the military, lest you want the same in return. And know that the support you can give to the military is the same you should also be giving to cops, firemen, teachers (in some cases), and anyone else who puts their lives on the line for their job. We are not above anyone else. We make sacrifices as does everyone else. We are human just like you. When we are cursed for the job we chose, it hurts us in more ways than one. And for those who do not listen to reason, when the time comes that you need us, we will be there. And you will be thanking whatever deity you believe in that we are.
edit on 5/1/12 by Echo3Foxtrot because: Hotdogs with hairy televisions and blinky cats.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
reply to post by Jagermeister

TSA sexuallly assaults us protecting us against DEM DER brown peoples!

The TSA is not the Military.

all you can do is sit there and scream hoorah

HOORAH is a Marine thing. HOOYAH is the Navys as you were responding to a Navy Vet. Just wanted to help you get a few facts straight. And yes I am proud to be a Marine even if I don't agree with our current foreign policy, so flame away at will. I actually enjoy it.

It is not my intention to flame you or the Navy vet. It is my intention to wake people up to the fact that you are not serving your country by joining the military. You are serving private interests that have nothing to do with keeping America safe. If the goal was to keep Americans safe you would be stationed on our border where there's a blood thirsty drug cartel. Instead, our border is wide open and you're over there... for what?

Here is Fox News reporting US Soldiers growing opium in Afghanistan:

So why do we have the largest prison population in the world? Because the soldiers grow it, ship it into the US where people use it then get locked away in a privately owned prison cage until they're used to work for 10 cents a day (slave labor) doing jobs that I'm sure the American people would just love to be able to have. And if that wasn't enough to prove my point:

Afghanistan drug production up 150% since 2001

Do you ever wake up and ask yourself why you're risking your life fighting a war that is strictly against muslim populations? Is it really such a coincidence that our most trusted ally in the world is Israel and our population is fighting nothing but muslim nations? Is this really defending America or is it more of a 2000 year old crusade?

All I want you to do is ask yourself these questions. Ask yourself why your Government is giving you experimental vaccines before you deploy? Why is the military funding Ron Paul over their current commander in chief? Why doesn't the "commander in chief" or these useless politians that sit in Washington all day calling for blood suit up themselves and go fight their crusade? Instead they send our children.

Let Israel fight it's own damn war.

You took an oath to uphold and protect the Constitution of the United States not to fight holy wars for a foreign company or gather resources for big business. I'm asking you to wake up.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
Support? What is support? In this case, I guess it would be uplifting men and women who made the sacrifice to do something that they deemed honorable. These men and women have joined the armed services to do their duty to their God and their country. Does it always seem like they're doing the right thing? No. But when people only focus on the negative, of course it won't. What most people don't understand is that every member of the military is no more human than themselves. They go through the same hardships as anyone else. Not to mention, they really don't get paid all that well. Sure, they get a lot of benefits to help them out in life, more than the average person. But that's because they have given up more than anyone on the outside realize. I'm not trying to sew the seeds of "us vs. them/civilians vs. military," but it naturally happens on its own. Sure, this crap in Afghanistan and Iraq could have easily been avoided, to a degree. It's not all sunshine and farts over there, you know. Judge not the members of the military, lest you want the same in return. And know that the support you can give to the military is the same you should also be giving to cops, firemen, teachers (in some cases), and anyone else who puts their lives on the line for their job. We are not above anyone else. We make sacrifices as does everyone else. We are human just like you. When we are cursed for the job we chose, it hurts us in more ways than one. And for those who do not listen to reason, when the time comes that you need us, we will be there. And you will be thanking whatever deity you believe in that we are.
edit on 5/1/12 by Echo3Foxtrot because: Hotdogs with hairy televisions and blinky cats.

Football players make millions of dollars a year. Just Bieber makes millions a year. And the people that risk their life on a daily basis make just above min wage. The military has benefits that help them out in life more than the average person? That's really not saying much. The average prisoner has better health care than the average person and they get 3 hots and a cot on top of it. From the time you are born in this country you are treated like an absolute slave. You are taught to listen to authority (grade school) until you turn 18 and enter the college scam where you pay everything you have and then some for a worthless piece of paper that only 1 in 2 graduates will ever even use for a job that 50 years ago some immigrant that didn't even speak got right off the boat. The alternative? Work of Burger King making $5 an hour or go be a lab rat in the military until you get your leg blown off. Then you come home and sit homeless on the street because the VA doesn't give a damn and neither do the people once you're all used up.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jagermeister
Then you come home and sit homeless on the street because the VA doesn't give a damn and neither do the people once you're all used up.

Thank you for illustrating exactly the point of this thread and many of the replies with that statement.
Sailors, Soldiers, Airmen, Guardsmen and Marines deserve better than that.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

Then you come home and sit homeless on the street because the VA doesn't give a damn and neither do the people once you're all used up.

Thank you for illustrating exactly the point of this thread and many of the replies with that statement.
Sailors, Soldiers, Airmen, Guardsmen and Marines deserve better than that.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but you're right. And they do deserve better. It's a shame that people are blind to reality and refuse to stand up and speak out.

Soldiers don't want blind respect and admiration. You want to support the troops? Get them the hell out of this war. And help them get the care and attention they deserve when they do go to the VA.

People are not anti american or anti military because they don't support war. Americans need to understand that.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Football players make millions of dollars a year. Just Bieber makes millions a year. And the people that risk their life on a daily basis make just above min wage. The military has benefits that help them out in life more than the average person? That's really not saying much. The average prisoner has better health care than the average person and they get 3 hots and a cot on top of it. From the time you are born in this country you are treated like an absolute slave. You are taught to listen to authority (grade school) until you turn 18 and enter the college scam where you pay everything you have and then some for a worthless piece of paper that only 1 in 2 graduates will ever even use for a job that 50 years ago some immigrant that didn't even speak got right off the boat. The alternative? Work of Burger King making $5 an hour or go be a lab rat in the military until you get your leg blown off. Then you come home and sit homeless on the street because the VA doesn't give a damn and neither do the people once you're all used up.

Yeah, when I got out I was homeless on the street. Wondering if one day my luck will turn around because the VA doesn't care about me at all and wouldn't answer any of my calls for help.

Wait a second. The VA is paying for my schooling AND giving me a monthly housing allowance. When I broke my thumb, the VA hospital took care of me because I didn't have health insurance at the time. Didn't even have to pay for my meds. The VA also helped me make it through a rough patch in my life dealing with PTSD. Oh, oh, and they also pay me disability for health problems attained while serving. If anything, the VA has taken better care of me than any other service that helps people. I had to spend all day calling the unemployment office. Every time I have to contact the VA office, I talk to someone almost immediately. I don't know where you get your information from. The VA reaches out, but really you have to help yourself. What I mean by that is that with all the help that the VA makes available, if you don't take the initiative to take them up on that, you'll end up homeless and depressed wondering where you went wrong.
edit on 5/1/12 by Echo3Foxtrot because: Herpin' a Derp on the derpy derpness.

edit on 5/1/12 by Echo3Foxtrot because: Hoopy doopy dang ol' foopy.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Yeah i think war can be justified, but has to be a great reason,

for invading another country.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jagermeister

I actuallyagree with just about all of that. I am no longer active but I still support the ones who are. I know there are bad apples and even some who have joined for the wrong reasons. I wish they would all come home. I hope that change comes soon and that one day the military will be looked on with pride again. Don't get me wrong. I understand many of the reasons why we are disliked. But often times those reasons are skewed just as some reasons for support. Maybe one day we'll get things figured out but I think that day is a long way off.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

the VA has taken better care of me than any other service that helps people

I'm glad the VA has been so helpfull to you. My experience has been a different story. I am beginning to volunteer at the local VA med center next week so I hope to change that. I have been takin care of financially as far as disability compensation but medical treatment and treatment for PTSD has been a different story. They also screwed up my school benefits twice causing me to miss two semesters now. I believe we have a huge problem in the VA right now and it is only going to get worse.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Whoa. That's weird. I guess I could be wrong then. I've had no issues with them at all. The medical help isn't exactly the best, but hey, it's free. In fact, they're taking care of my mother who can't afford her medicine. Yeah, she's a vet. And a two time, two time cancer surviving champion.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

ATS Military supporter here. I myself am an Army vet, married to a navy vet.

We're here.

We're just stealthy.

As you pointed out.

Cobra Kai!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot

Whoa. That's weird. I guess I could be wrong then. I've had no issues with them at all. The medical help isn't exactly the best, but hey, it's free. In fact, they're taking care of my mother who can't afford her medicine. Yeah, she's a vet. And a two time, two time cancer surviving champion.

I think it is probably hit or miss depending on your facility. Mine is so overcrowded it is just impossible to get everything right. That is why I am going to volunteer there. Any help I can give will be a step forward.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Yeah, that's better than most people would do. Everyone else would just sit around and complain about how bad it is.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I'm assuming that you are speaking to Americans?

I think for the most part we all support the military. Some of us just don't support what the military is used for. In short our foreign policy is questioned more than our military. At least I hope so. It wouldn't be fair to not support those who put their lives on the line so we can have this discourse. I personally support our men and women in the military. I may question their leaders and our government's motives at times but I will always respect and support the military.
edit on 1-5-2012 by acuna because: cleaning up my sorry grammar

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I support anyone willing to sacrifice their time with their families and lives to represent the United States. Past, present and future.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I support nobody, and rightly so
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I support the troops - always have, always will... Lot's of my family gave of themselves for our country's freedom... going back to the revolutionary war ---

I think most people are against the US Foreign Policy. We shouldn't be invading 3rd world countries on the other side of the world. We should be securing our borders and making sure everyone here is PRO-America. It seems most in Washington are not.... R and D combined.

i support Ron Paul. He supports the troops. He supports the veterans... Romney doesn't care about the troops - Obama doesn't care about them unless he can get a point on gallup or rasmussen (like his current campaign stop in Afghanistan)

I am a veteran - air assault infantry from Desert Storm. My father, Korea, My grandfather WW2, both GGfathers WW1... as i said my name goes back a long way in US history.... I do not support the war on terror as it is making citizens terrorists and has destroyed our dollar. Our troops are committing suicide at unprecedented rates... they are being medicated and most people in America thinks we need to invade Iran.

Sad day for America-- but we reep what we sow and when we gave up on God as a society, he gave up on us.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
I know you exist, I have seen your posts. But many times I just see the stars pop up on the posts of other members who support the military.

The anti-military crowd here on ATS is always very obvious. Not a thread goes by speaking about the military members, the War on Terror, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Iran, North Korea, (the list goes on) where they do not come by and let their feelings known, to an almost predictable degree.

It almost is as if they can not resist another military thread to come out and and shout their opinions and how much they disagree. I've even seen some downright hateful comments from them multiple times.

But its the pro-military members, the supporters, the active duty, prior service, future service that I want to hear from. The friends and families of sailors, soldiers, airmen, marines, and guardsmen who love and support their fighting men and women that I want to see.

I placed this in the War on Terrorism forum because the War on Terrorism, in my mind, has created the divide between the pro and anti crowds to a degree that t me has not been seen since the years following the conflict in Vietnam. Many of those men had no choice to travel and fight as they were drafted, but the men and women now fighting overseas have all made the hard, hard decision to put their life n the line.

A few people here might remember from my previous posts that I have enlisted in the United States Army, have not served yet, just awaiting my ship date to training, which is approaching rapidly. That might be the reason for this thread, but its something that I have wondered since my very first days just reading ATS, long before I ever became a contributing member.

In my actual day to day life, outside of ATS, every single person who knows of my decision has been nothing but supportive, some even going out of their way to congratulate me, wish me luck and thank me for stepping to the plate where so many others will not.

But here on ATS, it seems that the pendulum swings so far in the other direction.

So I ask, ATS members, where are the supporters. Let your voice be heard.

Criticism of the military is usually restricted to the generals, chiefs of staff and POTUS.
It is, more often than not, a criticism of military policy and not usually directed at the footslogging private who is sooner or later going to get his/her head blown off.
And remember that these same generals etc. all started out as footslogging privates who were either 1) smart enough to not get their heads blown off or 2) just cowardly and did not venture into warzones.
Remember back to a time when the 50 year old general was a footslogger 30 years ago. What war did he fight in 1982?
Get my drift?

edit on 1-5-2012 by Sailor Sam because: spelling

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Couple of West Pacs under my belt, was there at the onset of the War on Terror, saw about half of the world before I was twenty, met some of the finest people this country has to offer, and was at sea when 9-11 happened. The best experience I have ever had. As for the current conflicts and controversy surrounding them? I will not fault the armed forces, because they are there under orders by the civilian leadership. As volunteers they have put good faith in our elected leaders, and more or less us. We elect the leaders that are sending our men and women into combat. All of us from your average taxpaying civilian to the politician have to think long and hard before sending our best and brightest into harms way. Once the toothpaste is out of the tube? You can't put it back in! I digress, and that is for another time.

I support the armed forces as a whole, and would support them regardless of my personal views on a particular foreign policy decision where their manpower and resources would be relied upon. Furthermore, I got a lot of family who have served in the Marines, Army, and Navy. Although no Air Force? That is an odd one? I say to the soldiers, sailors, airman, and marines in Afghanistan. Do your duty, look out for your buddy next to you, and serve with honor and dignity. Let the politicians bicker back and forth in the legislature, and let the anti-war crowd bang their pots and pans while howling at the moon. As far as I am concerned, until they serve in forward deployed unit or leave their families for months on end to provide national security or engage the enemy? Their moans, groans, and complaints are going to fall on deaf ears. To cut a long story short. I support the troops!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

USMC LCPL reporting

YUT

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join