It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Is Massing Troops On Iran's Northern Border And Waiting For A Western Attack Read more: h

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
All part of the 'great game' that has been going on since the early 1800's, the land stays the same, the players change, the odds change, the prizes change, but, the same old game.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

WASHINGTON – The Russian military anticipates that an attack will occur on Iran by the summer and has developed an action plan to move Russian troops through neighboring Georgia to stage in Armenia, which borders on the Islamic republic, according to informed Russian sources.

"Iran is our neighbor," Rogozin said. "If Iran is involved in any military action, it's a direct threat to our security." Rogozin now is the deputy Russian prime minister and is regarded as anti-Western. He oversees Russia's defense sector.

www.businessinsider.com...

What if Russia decided Mexican Terrorists bombed Moscow sites and they wanted to respond by deploying 5000 troops in Mexico to clear out a few Cartels as a retaliation, it would turn into a huge international event and possibly large scale war.

We know what happened when ICMB's were deployed during the Kennedy years in Cuba. Potentially the end-of-the-word if the Russian PM reacted and gave the Russian Subs to go ahead on US Ships who were dropping depth charges... Something as simple as that.

With all the US/UN/NATO Troops in the Middle East and Russia standing it's ground near Iran. Anything could happen
edit on 9-4-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

Before coming here I went to CNN.com for the news. Then, after reading this I went back to CNN and found nothing on this. Why wouldn't CNN report this????

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I honestly hate that both Russia and the United States are playing with fire, cause eventually, one of us (maybe both) will get burned, and the citizens will be the ones suffering because we have pyschopaths running our countries....Lets back away from the middle East region and stop F****** with eachother, cause soon it could turn very ugly...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Truth be told, Russia is building up its military there, because it doesn't want a bunch of refugees fleeing into Russia. They'll shoot them down. Russia has the same Muslim problem as the rest of the world. One only needs to look at the Beslan school massacre to know that the Russians won't mind picking them off as they run.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by solongandgoodnight
reply to post by CALGARIAN

i honestly hope we see how serious russia is over this iran situation and leave them alone. something's are worth dying for, i.e. my children and so forth, but the military industrial complex is not on my list. i will NOT die for there blood thirsty cause.

We (the U.S.) don't belong over there! Let Russia jump into bed with those frikkin lunatics. Guarantee they're gonna regret it. They're all a bunch of loonies, and I want no part of them. If we just leave them alone they WILL kill themselves.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky1
reply to post by Evanzsayz

LOL!

Ignorance upon ignorance.

Israel would wipe the floor with Russia.

It wouldn't even be funny.

The only thing Israel would have to fear from Russia is a nuclear attack. But Russia isn't interested in self-destruction. They're not that stupid.

But those Allah lovin' idiots WOULD use nuclear weapons.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I consider this post and the referenced source article total tabloid crap. The link is to businessinsider.com, which if anyone goes there to see it, credits the article to G2 Bulletin, a Joseph Farah (as in WND) site,. G2 captions the article

TROUBLE IN THE MIDDLE EAST
Russia expecting attack on Iran by summer
Plans to move troops to protect interests, possibly assist Islamic enclave

The G2 link to full article did not work for me.

In the businessinsider full text I saw no mention of MASSING TROOPS but rather 'developed an action PLAN to move Russian troops' and 'has prepared an action PLAN in the event of an attack on Iran.'

At this point 50 flags tells me there are 50 very negligent and very gullible people on ATS. I suspect there are many more than that.

edit on 10-4-2012 by oghamxx because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2012 by oghamxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I wish peopole would quit saying China owns us. China owns only 12% of our debt. Yeah that's a lot, but it's not the amount some people seem to think. And it's not in the best interest of China to watch us sink...because I guarandamntee you that if we sunk the Chinese governement would be in bigger trouble than us. Their population puts up with them for now...they won't if their economy sinks as well as ours. It's a global economy now and it's one big giant house of cards...the only ones with anything to fear from that are dictators and communists. As has history as proved, Democracy's will still be standing during and after economic collapse. The commies and dictators usually don't fare quite so well.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Russia Pwns. and Im not even russian

~ Love is an art

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

LOL!

The only thing Israel would have to fear from Russia is a nuclear attack. But Russia isn't interested in self-destruction. They're not that stupid.

so far ...only the US has used nukes against human live...........

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar

Breaking: I am hearing Turkey is now massing troops on syrian border.

This is going to get ugly very fast.

They are just reacting to skirmishes near their borders. The US would do the same if violence spilled over unto their borders, or you would think they would do the same.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I think it is legitimate position that Russia, and China have caught on to the seemingly strange goals of the Nato/Elites/Zionists in the middle east. The goal seems to be using armed rebels for overthrowing regimes; like in Lybia for instance.

Here is an article illustrating the more sane position by Russia and China opposing the Arab Spring lunacy.

Moscow and Beijing have expressed anger and disappointment over the way Nato had acted in Libya. Both believed the use of military force there was beyond the legal mandate of resolution 1973. President Dmitry Medvedev opposed the use of force in Libya and he is determined not to allow that to happen in Syria. But there is more to the Russian position that meets the eye. America's intervention in Iraq has changed the dynamics of Middle East politics. America's influence in Iraq is waning and under Prime Minister Nouri Al Maliki Baghdad has maintained a special rapport with Iran. A new anti-US, Shiite axis is forming which extends from Tehran through Baghdad and all the way to Damascus and even to Beirut. It is an alliance that Moscow is interested in, for now. Russia's influence in the region has declined since the demise of the Soviet Union. Still Moscow was able to keep a close relationship with the Islamic Republic, helping Tehran to build its nuclear reactor and providing much needed military assistance. But as a result of closer ties between US President Barack Obama and Medvedev, Moscow has stopped the delivery of S-300 surface-to-air missiles to Iran.

Syria Battleground

It sets an important precedent in international relations, and is perhaps the clearest sign of declining US power in the Middle East. For the first time since the end of the Cold War, Russia and China have effectively thwarted the United States and its allies from pursuing its interests in a fiery Middle Eastern flashpoint, Syria. The Russian-Chinese double veto at the UN Security Council - the last in February - signalled to the West that the two powers were drawing a red line on Syria. Notably, China's second veto on Syria was only its eighth in history, highlighting the importance of the matter to Beijing. The message was clear: UN-sponsored regime change, military intervention, or arming of Syrian rebels - as seen in Libya - would never pass.

Russia China
edit on 10-4-2012 by jim3981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv

LOL!

Well the weapons needed to be tested on someone...... Unfortunately the Japanese were the tested subjects...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
this has been brewing for a while it was bound to happen sooner or later and as it looks like syria has not stuck to there agreement which we all knew they wouldnt syria first then iran get ya bug out bag ready and prepare to dig in people its around the corner

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by spav5
I am not sure what Russia's motives are(maybe just the oil)..but I am glad that ONE of the big boys is willing to stand up against the sociopathic war machine that is taking countries and elected leaders down like dominoes.

Peace

How times have changed ..a few decades ago Russia were the devil reincarnated ....now we are secretly backing them to keep the NWO elitists in line ...the plot thickens

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Damn straight. Shut the Japs up pretty quick now didn't it?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

We (the U.S.) don't belong over there! Let Russia jump into bed with those frikkin lunatics. Guarantee they're gonna regret it. They're all a bunch of loonies, and I want no part of them. If we just leave them alone they WILL kill themselves.

Bet you think the USA won the war two in Europe because you got your history from hollywood.

Hate to put this to you but many people in europe feel a lot safer because Russia is standing up to the criminals that have taken control of your country from Israel.

These place the USA is bombing all over the place for israel want no part of you so stop bombing them, problom over and do spare me the crap about a man in a cave running a plan to make building fall over on 9/11 because i'm not buying it.

Russia has oil, freinds, able workforce and little debt so you tell me just who these "frikkin lunatics" you are talk about are and today people are more free in Russia than they are in the good old USA where they keep banning news stations from the rest of the world.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

move Russian troops through neighboring Georgia to stage in Armenia

through Georgia ? I don't buy it.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Seriously They are worried about Mexicans as Terrorist? Most have trouble getting into the US much less traveling half way around the world...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Regardless of your politics or whether the article is genuine enough for you, one cannot argue that there are definitely motives for BRIC to be involved if something does occur in Iran. I can't help but wonder what kind of conflict is going to take place should the world line-up with the U.S. against the BRIC over a pile of dust and dirt and rock in the middle east that has had it's very existence so manipulated by the world forces for so many years.

A couple of interesting factors to consider when thinking about the situation....

the U.S. has had another credit downgrade
North Korea is blustering about sending another rocket up, to which South Korea claims they will see it as an act of aggression (as does the Phillipines)

Makes for nervous days and nights :/

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join