It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Is Massing Troops On Iran's Northern Border And Waiting For A Western Attack Read more: h

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

WASHINGTON – The Russian military anticipates that an attack will occur on Iran by the summer and has developed an action plan to move Russian troops through neighboring Georgia to stage in Armenia, which borders on the Islamic republic, according to informed Russian sources.

"Iran is our neighbor," Rogozin said. "If Iran is involved in any military action, it's a direct threat to our security." Rogozin now is the deputy Russian prime minister and is regarded as anti-Western. He oversees Russia's defense sector.

www.businessinsider.com...

What if Russia decided Mexican Terrorists bombed Moscow sites and they wanted to respond by deploying 5000 troops in Mexico to clear out a few Cartels as a retaliation, it would turn into a huge international event and possibly large scale war.

We know what happened when ICMB's were deployed during the Kennedy years in Cuba. Potentially the end-of-the-word if the Russian PM reacted and gave the Russian Subs to go ahead on US Ships who were dropping depth charges... Something as simple as that.

With all the US/UN/NATO Troops in the Middle East and Russia standing it's ground near Iran. Anything could happen
edit on 9-4-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Thank You for posting this and I hope more stories follow. I've felt like the lone voice in the darkness more than once over the past months in trying to point out that Russia isn't kidding...they are NOT a 3rd world nation we can kick in the chops...and they are willing to fight us. Quite possibly..FIGHT US...over Iran. The Coast of Iran can basically SEE the Coast of the Russian Federation.

Your example is apt...because I don't think many people have really thought outside of the Persian Gulf. That isn't even the area I care about....not really. As you note, there is a whole world on the NORTH side of this war Theater that wasn't there in Iraq and isn't there in Afghanistan. A whole world of trouble.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
this could get big real fast depending on Israel/US's move!

i noticed the YT videos about this keep coming down, just like the RT ban

guess MSM is keeping it supressed in order to spotlight Trayvon/Zimmerman until the Iran FF is pulled off..

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
No Matter The Swagger, America would have to an ace in the hole if it is going to make Iran an Issue. One does not just forget that Russia is a nuclear power to rival the U.S. Their wealth didn't get siphoned all away from them, in their fall of communism, it remained in the hands of the military. They also have had 23 years out of the public eye(sore) to exploit technology that America has not.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

What if Russia decided Mexican Terrorists bombed Moscow sites and they wanted to respond by deploying 5000 troops in Mexico to clear out a few Cartels as a retaliation, it would turn into a huge international event and possibly large scale war.

THIS... makes no sense.
edit on 10-4-2012 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You certainly haven't been alone... But who listens to a voice of reason when there's flag-wavin' to be done? Russia and China both are concerned parties here. Anyone pushing for US and Israeli intervention in Iran is pushing for their own destruction. (likely along with the rest of us).

I can't help but think of an episode of Bones (I think) where a guy on a flight was trying to open the outside door of a passenger plane in flight, and a bunch of other passengers beat him to death. The moral would be "Don't try to open the door." And really, all the rest of the folk on the plane must be ready to stop the door from being opened. (Though it is very unlikely for a passenger on a commercial flight to actually have the strength to push open the door while in flight... You get the idea.)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I am not sure what Russia's motives are(maybe just the oil)..but I am glad that ONE of the big boys is willing to stand up against the sociopathic war machine that is taking countries and elected leaders down like dominoes.

Peace

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I see it as more of a "Cold War" scenario being played out, with Iran being divided amongst the warring factions once a cease fire is worked out.

The point of the "Cease Fire" has already been arranged. Or so they think.

The warring factions have not thought this one through.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I think the Cold War aspect of it would be remarkably short. As soon as a foreign power invades Iran, it becomes an issue for Russia's territorial security, and a threat to China's oil. They would both retaliate.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

i assumed was pointing out that at least Russia hasn't stooped as low as America's trying to pull of the iran hiring cartel men from Mexico of all places (pure US/zion PROPAGANDA) to take down saudi allies of Israel/CIA, lol:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10-4-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
So whats the big deal here?

Seriously?

Russia has just as much right to enforcing its own sphere on control as the US/NATO do.

Just a bummer now that both theirs spheres of control seem to coincide.

Georgia is finished.....The West will cut their losses with them.

In a way, I cant wait for Putin to officially take the reigns and reinforce Russia's borders and interests.

Nato knows it is not ready to deal with Russia yet.....so will cut their losses with the caucauses where it can to concentrate on Iran.

But teasing the hornets nest, the outcome can be unpredictable.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia

Russia has just as much right to enforcing its own sphere on control as the US/NATO do.

its good to see someone (Russia) has targeted defense's (Iran's) back!

or whatever they are looking to get out of this, its their nextdoor obviously not USA nor israels since israel is a forced US installation.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Agree... That's why the the US hasn't invaded. The US has tried to get china and Russia to stand down and help make Iran cave.... Russia and china will do no such thing

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CrikeyMagnet

My point exactly.

Diplomacy is failing utterly in this case, which leads to believe it was originally meant to fail....by all involved.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
The russian bear has hungered for some coastal property down thataway....i wonder of Obama and Putin made a 50/50 split on Iran, and they plan to squeeze the place from both sides...
Sort of saying "well if you start to take some then ill have to start to roll myself some too......"
Russia has no love for Iran.....They are having a #storm of bombings by russian muslims already.....
They are pragmatic enough to make a deal for what they can grab of Iran.........so who can say?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

This is like the classic (and modern) board game called RISK.

Very imaginative speculation. It's good to pre-wargame. If the Russians sent troops into Iran, then the US might divert troops in Afghanistan into Iran. This would be very sticky. Keep in mind that although not in theater, North Korea would surely tag-team with Iran to keep the US on its toes in the Pacific, surely making vast threats to South Korea, Japan and anyone in range. This could be the start of a new Cold War (that might have some flashpoints). Could we be reliving the same plays from classic Cold War playbooks? It seems like every time we humans are on the verge of actually returning to the moon to establish permanent bases/outposts, or planning to actually send ourselves to Mars and other worlds (in person), we get embroiled in WAR. Instead of spending billions on exploration, colonization and discovery... we spend that money on WAR.

Are we truly ready to move on to the stars? From the looks of it, we will destroy ourselves before we ever become a Type I civilization.

It is as if there is a greater intelligence playing us like a real-time strategy video game. And that game's title is:

"THERE WILL BE WAR."

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

And the wonderful thing is...the Russian don't talk a lot, so no one knows their real intentions and they just do what they need to do without having to rally the support of other countries. They just go at it alone.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Again western media, play a Russian card (commie card) to gather people into wanting war. The FEAR GAME.

The Russian defence minister is absolutely correct, in his assumptions that an attack on Iran, is a threat to Russia. He is correct, on ALL accounts.

However, his motives are not to *attack* the US, nor Israel. Although, and this is just to inform you people about reality ... the longer you allow US and Israel to play this game, the closer you get to people deciding you need to lose. This logic, should be evident, even to a child.

If the US attacks Iran, there will be movement of Iranian people to the northern border, and they will seek refuge in the Russian republic, and possibly causing Russian intervention, with guerilla forces trying to work out of Russia.. The movement Russia is making, is for the purpose of "closing" this gap.

What is wrong with you guys, don't you have a brain of your own? Can't you even see the obvious???

IF either Russia or China, EVER wanted the US or Israel dead ... the US and Israel ... would BE dead, plain and simple. Russia and China, are their "non-de-facto" allies ... after all, it's the US that GAVE these guys their military capability ... and whatever else, is wishful thinking, and not reality. And just to give this logic, a FINAL kick into your mentality. What is the US doing in Afghanistan, if not "fulfilling" what Russia failed to do in the 80's?

Has it ever OCCURRED to you, that these guys do NOT disagree on dividing the world among them ... but only in HOW to accomplish it?

Has it EVER occurred to you, that ALL of these nations, use the 5 star devil worshippers star, in their flags? (except for Israel, that uses the 6 star)

edit on 10/4/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Breaking: I am hearing Turkey is now massing troops on syrian border.

This is going to get ugly very fast.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The problem lies in the fact they state they would move troops through Georgia, when? After an Iran strike or in preparation of? Because if they try before hand that's an act of war on a foreign nation. Even after an Iran strike who are they to move troops and armor through another country who does not want them there. Who are they to run roughshod over another country to get to Iran?

That would make them no better, and they would be seen as the aggressor so by all means roll your armor through Georgia and see what happens. The only way this goes through is if Georgia makes some sort of provocation then Russia will justify crushing Georgia then move troops into Iran. That alone should let you know the door was left open for them meaning this really is all orchestrated.

Other than that scenario all the "good for Russia standing up for whats right" people are no more than hypocrites.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join