It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Is Massing Troops On Iran's Northern Border And Waiting For A Western Attack Read more: h

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I see all of this culminating in the utter ruin of Israel. It is sad for the people there, but their government is evil beyond description.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I don't believe that Russia wants to mix it up directly with the US.

However, I do believe that Russia would assist Iran with supplies and equipment. Also it would be a great place for them to test some of their advanced weapons systems.

Just my 2 cents

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by swoopaloop

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

What if Russia decided Mexican Terrorists bombed Moscow sites and they wanted to respond by deploying 5000 troops in Mexico to clear out a few Cartels as a retaliation, it would turn into a huge international event and possibly large scale war.

edit on 9-4-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

THIS... makes no sense.
edit on 10-4-2012 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

made perfect sense to me man.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by LightBright
Like saber rattling with Iran is going to help him win the election.

If Russia and the USA go at each other it will be deadly and revealing. I think that what is publicly view-able in chemistry, biology, and applied physics especially is stunted by decades due to national security. I have to admit a morbid curiosity about what the industrial military complex has up its sleeve.

I can't help but feel that we are all gossiping about what is essentially pro-wrestling on the grand scale, and that the powers behind the powers that be are putting on a show or at least pushing the timing on breaking points for their benefit.
edit on 10-4-2012 by LightBright because: (no reason given)

Didn't they make a movie about this? I think it's called - Wag The Dog -

starring Robert De Niro.

It's all about diverting attention.

And creating a false reality to market to the public. We've seen CNN do this on numerous occasions with their fake 'remotes' done in a studio, and with that middle eastern dude wanting a mattress between live reports.

CNN got blasted by Newt during the debate in South Carolina.

Nobody is watching CNN. Look at the numbers. Everyone is running to Fox News.

---------
NBC is mired in their own EditGate.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
There is one problem with this theory.

In all other major wars, the Bankers financed both sides and built the war up for profit and to further the goals of a small group of incredibly powerful, incredibly wealthy old men. Russia is NOT in the pocket of the Bankers and is directly opposed to the idea of a Central Bank, and the ideology of doing what these men in power (we all know what they are called) are about.

So while Russia DOES have the military power, wealth, and people power to do exactly what is purposed, they don't have the Bankers pulling strings so I simply don't think it will happen.

My two cents.

Who do you think financed the Russian revolution?
Russia, is rocking the same boat as the rest I'm afraid.
And that's how the cookie crumbles, the world's a stage.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Very interesting, how credible is this source? I only ask because there's been a lot of misinformation lately concerning Russia's military, regarding Syria and now Iran. I couldn't find any source other than this one and the MSM isn't talking about it yet so for now I'm a bit skeptical. Wouldn't be surprised if it was true though, they (Russia) have every right to protect their interests.
edit on 10-4-2012 by concernedcitizen519 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Just to be clear, China holds a about 8% of our debt. The most of any foreign nation. You know who owns most of the debt in the US? The American people holding governments bonds. Practically everyone with a retirement account owns a piece of US debt.

And hyperinflation is already on its way thanks to Obama. $5 for a loaf of bread is right around the corner if that fool gets another term. BUt Mitt Romney probably won't do much better.

The US needs somebody who understands economics...like Ron Paul.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
All the warmongers are salivating at this! Millions will be killed this time if Russia gets involved, I hope they're not still salivating when they wake up with nuclear fallout in their backyards, and their children are either sick or dead.

Mentally ill warmongers are.
edit on 10-4-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Iran....No problem........ Russia and China??? Now we are dealing with a major situation.......... Nobody wants this conflict, there would literally be only losers from a Russia/USA war...... They need to both stop pumping their chests and realize that this situation is much bigger than their BS egos....... I just wish my country would pull back and stop being the worlds police... If dictators and psychopaths want to destroy their own land and people, then let them deal with it... And when a natural disaster hits your part of the world please dont ask for any hand outs or help from the United States...Its time for USA to look out for USA and only USA...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass
All the warmongers are salivating at this! Millions will be killed this time if Russia gets involved, I hope they're not still salivating when they wake up with nuclear fallout in their backyards, and their children are either sick or dead.

Mentally ill warmongers are.
edit on 10-4-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

I think they are just waiting to take Georgia back and China is waiting to take Taiwan if US gets bogged down.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Its just the balance of power. Everyone needs that.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Russia has a legal right to deploy its troops in Iran if war occurs there. This right was set between Iran and the USSR.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smack
I see all of this culminating in the utter ruin of Israel. It is sad for the people there, but their government is evil beyond description.

Explain, in detail, for example why they are worse than North Korea.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It's amazing to me how the news this year sounds more and more like the news bulletins during the movie "Threads".

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
But unfortunetely for the world, pro Israel- (Zionist) scum have infiltrated the entire American adminstration- from politcs to the people who plan American foreign policy- America will stand by Israel like a brother.

There's too much corruption, Zionists have bought their way in too far, why else would America send 1/3 of her entire foreign aid to Israel and never question Israel's crimes?

100% Correct and i don't care about being called anti-sec for pointing out that all the big players from Greenspan to Ben-Bernank are Jewish and blood money from Israel fills the pockets of most politicans much like drugs money and the MAFIA.

US-Libery and 9/11 both still both ring loud in my ears and if you want a lesson on taking Russia on then cast your minds back to Georgia and see how quick the USA got it's ass kicked back in to touch.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Turkey massing troops on Syrian border - link Al Jazeera and so seems legitimate and is this any surprise as Syrian soldiers fired into Turkey yesterday.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Originally posted by Smack

Explain, in detail, for example why they are worse than North Korea.

er..uh..no? I don't owe you anything. If you don't know why, then you should have been paying attention for the last 50+ years.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Good. The West does not need to bomb Iran.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Massing troops in Armenia?
Has anyone looked at the terrain and logistics of this border?
Gyumri Armenia does have a base with a runway a little over 2 miles long.
The next southern runway is in Syunik and is about 6000 feet long and is about 90 miles away as the crow flies.
Between the two airfields are mountains, valleys and long switchbacks.
The two highways between Syunik and the Iranian border city Narooz, is either M-2 or H-46( to H-48 to M-2).
Each route travels through valleys and switch backs. Both are not good options considering how coalition forces handled Iraq's military, crossing the Kuwaiti border.
The highway systems continue to be problematic throughout northern Iran, and the Russian targets would end up akin to fish, being shot in a barrel.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to [url= by CALGARIAN[/url]

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet but we're talking about the Russian Defense forces. It'l mostly be armor, artillery and anti-air, maybe even a few fighters to scramble if need be. We're not talking about a Russian invasion force with all the toys.

Them being a defensive force also means reactive not proactive. Sort of like the setup we have in the Koreas at the DMZ.

Personally the only reason I think Russia is even doing this over Georgia and that recently retaken stretch of land.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join