It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul and Abortion " My thoughts" Please contribute

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
Yo-

I think that there might be some confusion going on here, as far as your understanding of the word "viable"

Early on in a pregnancy, the embryo is certainly not viable, it cannot survive outside of it's host. In these cases, abortion is sometimes a solution to remove the parasite from the host.

But, no matter what happens, there is a set time limit on when a woman can have an abortion. After a while, the fetus does become viable, and then, abortions aren't usually allowed and in most cases are illegal unless its an extreme circumstance.

No matter what, abortion is a difficult subject, it's not something chosen easily by any woman. I am pro choice myself. But, when I found that my (now ex) wife was pregnant, we talked about it. We are both pro choice, and we chose to have the child, and it was the best decision we made. I have a 9 year old boy whom I love very much and I am glad we made the choice to have him. I couldn't imagine a world without him now.

But it was a choice that we made together, we discussed it, and that was the choice we made. See, people who are pro choice aren't always going to abort a child, it's called pro choice for a reason. It was our decision to make, and it shouldn't be left up to the government to make that choice for us.

This is where Paul's campaign of personal liberty fails. It's not personal liberty if by virtue of being born a woman, you loose the personal liberty to have control over your own body.

The only reason it's a difficult subject is because we allow the murdering of our unborn brothers and sisters, and here we are fighting over if it's right or wrong to kill our brothers and sisters.

Do unto others as you would have the do unto you. Golden Rule think about it

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by yoyoyoyo

There was very little about Ron Paul in your opening post ...
The title led me to believe this was something else ...

Originally posted by AaronWilson
Male masturbation then should be illegal. Every drop of semen is a potentially wasted life.

The difference is that it is NOT life whereas a preborn child IS life.
Although the bible would agree with you and not me. Google ONANISM.

Why not say the pill birthcontrol is murder?

The pill is an abortificant. Sometimes it stops conception, and other times it causes abortion which
the woman doesn't even know about and thinks it's just menstration. It kills.

In the end it doesn't really matter what a POTUS thinks about abortion. If he or she is prolife or proabortion, they won't be able to change the laws either way. Trying to overturn Roe v Wade would be like trying to catch smoke. You just can't do it. So in the end, the POTUS is allowed to have his or her own viewpoint like the rest of us .. but it shouldn't be a campaign issue one way or the other. IMHO

Roe Vs Wade is one of the worst things are country passed as a law.

Anyone that thinks other wise needs to talk to their inner self and post why it's not... Selfishness is rooted in evil.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Honest rape! Are you kidding me? Who are you going to put in place to make that decision, to judge the woman who claims rape, you?

What if a married woman is raped and can't be sure who the father is?

It shouldn't matter whether or not a woman was raped. She, and only she, should be who decides if her body will welcome or reject a child. An unwanted child IS an uninvited, parasitic curse, not a blessing, no matter how you skew it.

While you're talking about evil and god, let's take a look at the god of the bible.

Parasitic curse? Come now, do you honestly believe an evil act constitutes another evil act?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Avalessa

Your right not everyone is christian so when I say worshipping the devil.. I really mean embracing evil...

Do you believe in good and evil, Or is that just another fallacy in your mind?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Vixen~

No, I have no #ing clue what the numbers look like, please enlighten me further.

These stats should broaden your perspective a bit:

www.johnstonsarchive.net...

My question is who are you to dictate to others what is or isn't the right decision for them?

I'm a man with a voice who wholeheartedly believes that abortion is murder. I'm speaking out against murder. What's so wrong with that? Would you be upset at all if I were speaking out against rape?

If you don't want your girlfriend or wife to get pregnant, then YOU should that the extra precaution of using protection or abstaining altogether.

Agreed. But what if she gets pregnant anyway? If she decides to have the baby against my will, then what happened to my choice? Does anyone give a rat's azz whether or not I can afford a baby?
What if I want the baby and she doesn't? You're saying that its okay to kill my child and I don't even have a say in the matter?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by froglegs79

Originally posted by yoyoyoyo
reply to post by windword

Women should take pregnancy as a blessing and not a curse. I wish I could create a life, but I cant. Only women can. .

I have not read all the post so not sure if anyone else has asked this... in the OP it is stated that you have had an abortion, but you made the above statement.

if someone else has asked this and it has been answer don't worry about answering me i will get to it as I read the thread.

Good find!

What say you OP, YOYOYOYO,? Did you deceive us, by presenting yourself as a woman, when you are really a bitter man with vagina envy?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

You don't believe in needless suffering, but you believe in killing unborn children that otherwise would become adult's like you and I?

Isn't that needless suffering for the unborn, Who are you to say it isn't? Do you know they don't suffer?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by froglegs79

Originally posted by yoyoyoyo
reply to post by windword

Women should take pregnancy as a blessing and not a curse. I wish I could create a life, but I cant. Only women can. .

I have not read all the post so not sure if anyone else has asked this... in the OP it is stated that you have had an abortion, but you made the above statement.

if someone else has asked this and it has been answer don't worry about answering me i will get to it as I read the thread.

Good find!

What say you OP, YOYOYOYO,? Did you deceive us, by presenting yourself as a woman, when you are really a bitter man with vagina envy?

Yes I have vagina envy, I love it. I'm in no way bitter just up set with the status quo of women killing our unborn brothers and sisters solely for the purpose of their self-preservation.

And when did I say I was a women? Vagina envy never even heard of that... I love all. That's why I'm sticking up for my brothers / sisters born and unborn.

Way to be immature saying I have vagina envy.

I'll be back later to respond to more comments, Thank you everyone even if you disagree with me.

and God Bless you all, Even though some of you don't believe. BBL w/ more reply's

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

All stuff like this does is hurt Ron Paul.
Ron Paul is pro contraception, pro day after pill, and pro abortion under circumstances of rape.

Other republicans would have you believe the day after pill is abortion ( i don't consider it so). However I am pro choice and pro Paul. To me it is still about the girl's personal liberty. She has the choice of taking drugs, and drinking and smoking while pregnant. We all are in control of our choices. I do think abortion is selfish, but not murder necessarily. Any more than unplugging Shaivo was murder.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

One question OP are you in support of capitol punishment?
edit on 9-4-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gram1point0

Honest rape! Are you kidding me? Who are you going to put in place to make that decision, to judge the woman who claims rape, you?

What if a married woman is raped and can't be sure who the father is?

It shouldn't matter whether or not a woman was raped. She, and only she, should be who decides if her body will welcome or reject a child. An unwanted child IS an uninvited, parasitic curse, not a blessing, no matter how you skew it.

While you're talking about evil and god, let's take a look at the god of the bible.

Parasitic curse? Come now, do you honestly believe an evil act constitutes another evil act?

Abortion isn't an evil act.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

How can you have mixed feelings about the morning after pill? It is the same exact thing as birth control. There is no abortion in the morning after pill.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Agreed. But what if she gets pregnant anyway? If she decides to have the baby against my will, then what happened to my choice? Does anyone give a rat's azz whether or not I can afford a baby?
What if I want the baby and she doesn't? You're saying that its okay to kill my child and I don't even have a say in the matter?

Your your argument is that if you don't have control over what a woman decides to do with her body, abortion is evil and should be illegal.

Do you think you should be able to force her to have your child? Further, should you force my child to have a baby that you had nothing to do with, because ....
why?

EDIT When science is able to reverse the birth process, for men to conceive and give birth, then your say will be important to me.
edit on 9-4-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
We have 7 billion people, nearly all are not special and are examples of abject mediocrity whose existence does nothing to further our species.

The most populated countries have a terrible time providing even clean water for their population.

Why make more of what can't be supported?

We are not special. There is no soul. There is no god.

Quit making mediocre examples of humanity, our species is suffering for it.

Derek

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I am going to be honest, as a Paul supporter you should be trying to win people over not chase them away. Please refrain from posting "well thought out" writing for Paul in the future.

Funny that think progress is where you decided to post it though.

You should have been aiming at educating them that unlike all the other GOP candidates under Ron Paul abortion won't be banned (can you yourself handle that) and that he supports contraception, day after pill, and abortion in certain circumstances. Also it will be up to states so abortion will still exist in places.

That is what you should have saidl.
edit on 9-4-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

Originally posted by ~Vixen~

No, I have no #ing clue what the numbers look like, please enlighten me further.

These stats should broaden your perspective a bit:

www.johnstonsarchive.net...

My question is who are you to dictate to others what is or isn't the right decision for them?

I'm a man with a voice who wholeheartedly believes that abortion is murder. I'm speaking out against murder. What's so wrong with that? Would you be upset at all if I were speaking out against rape?

If you don't want your girlfriend or wife to get pregnant, then YOU should that the extra precaution of using protection or abstaining altogether.

Exactly what are you trying to prove to me? Are you trying to convince me that I shouldn't have an abortion? I thought the statement that I was against abortion was pretty clear, but obviously you think that I need to be further "enlightened" probably to convert me to the pro life side as well.

You dare paint me as some cold blooded baby killing advocate, but I'll tell you I didn't pursue a career as a doctor to kill, I did it to preserve, and I'm deeply offended by such an insinuation.

Your circumstances are unique to your situation, and I don't believe that it's your place to pass judgement on women whose lives you don't know. Your may feel justified in passing moral judgement on women who undergo abortion procedures, but until you've stood in their shoes, that's NOT your decision to make.

If you're irresponsible and your wife becomes pregnant unexpectedly, how you deal with that is strictly between you two and whatever god you believe in. Should you have a say? ABSOLUTELY. But the final decision is still hers.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This seems the greyest of areas...
however... here goes..

Im for ron paul. Im proChoice. Im very proBirthControl.
Im anti-'Using abortion as birthControl'.
As for the God issue/aspect/argument/etc., I believe those born are meant to be born.
Those who aren't born, no matter how it happens, weren't. I believe it's not simply a matter of right or wrong, opinion or morals, murder or mercy. There's much more to it than that.
I believe in God, btw..
edit on 9-4-2012 by gemdog because: Added info

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Bone75

Your your argument is that if you don't have control over what a woman decides to do with her body, abortion is evil and should be illegal.

Nice spin, but you're looking at this from a completely sexist and ignorant point of view. We're talking about killing babies here. Your right to kill my child is evil and should be illegal. I could care less what a woman does with her body until the moment she becomes pregnant.

Do you think you should be able to force her to have your child?

Yes I do. She can force me to become a father can't she?

Further, should you force my child to have a baby that you had nothing to do with, because ....
why?

Because abortion is murder.
edit on 9-4-2012 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join