It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul and Abortion " My thoughts" Please contribute

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Amiba

I see. It's cool. Still wondering if you would support a gay couple adopting a child, because you mentioned religion in your post.

Along with other things, I find pro-lifers are often anti-gay marriage/equal rights.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AphexTwins

Freedom to kill our unborn offspring, Who gave us that freedom. A demon? I'm going to repost the video in a minute for you non believers. As it is eye opening.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Abortion is destroying our society and killing more than all the human wars combined. It's purely evil and selfish.

They are having us kill our children to have "freedom" but really all we're doing is worshipping evil by killing our unborn brothers and sisters... IMO

Watch the video I'm going to post one minute.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by brigand

Damn pretty real, But I would say rape should be up to the women. Unless she raped the man you know.

Seriously thought that is a touchy topic with abortion and this is where it blurs the line. O we can kill the baby if it was a rape incident.

Well you know what I'd think rape w/ abortion would account for under 1% of all abortions.

So really all that argument is a pro-abortion argument. Just making all the pro-choicers feel good about murdering an innocent unborn baby.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Turq1

Thanks for replying to this numb-skull...

We can all be dim-witted at times so it's not really an insult.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by yoyoyoyo
reply to post by AaronWilson

YO it takes more than semen to create a baby. I thought that was obvious. I'm talking about when an actual baby is conceived, when the sperm hits the egg.

it takes more that a parasite to make a human.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

If you look on his issues on his website. He does talk about it.

Here's what comes up for the first link when you type "ron paul abortion" in google.

Protect All Human Life - Ron Paul

"However, a rational evaluation of abortion must be built upon one single question: When exactly does human life begin? At conception, at birth or somewhere in between?

Not even the most radical feminist would find it okay to tear apart a recently-born baby just because it is not wanted by its mother. All other considerations aside, the only reason many individuals can support abortion with a good conscience is because they believe it’s not murder… and that unborn babies do not count as human beings."

"Ron Paul has delivered more than 4,000 babies. He believes that human life starts at conception, and that casual elimination of the unborn leads to a careless attitude towards all life."

"“I am strongly pro-life. I think one of the most disastrous rulings of this century was Roe versus Wade. I do believe in the slippery slope theory. I believe that if people are careless and casual about life at the beginning of life, we will be careless and casual about life at the end. Abortion leads to euthanasia. I believe that.”

"“As an O.B. doctor of thirty years, and having delivered 4,000 babies, I can assure you life begins at conception. I am legally responsible for the unborn, no matter what I do, so there’s a legal life there. The unborn has inheritance rights, and if there’s an injury or a killing, there is a legal entity. There is no doubt about it.”

“The first thing we have to do is get the federal government out of it. We don’t need a federal abortion police. That’s the last thing that we need. There has to be a criminal penalty for the person that’s committing that crime. And I think that is the abortionist. As for the punishment, I don’t think that should be up to the president to decide.”

"For many years, Ron Paul has been speaking up for babies’ rights. He passionately defends those who cannot speak for themselves because they haven’t been born yet.

"In order to “offset the effects of Roe v. Wade”, Paul voted in favor of the federal Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003. He has described partial birth abortion as a “barbaric procedure”.

At the same time, Ron Paul believes that the ninth and tenth amendments to the U.S. Constitution do not grant the federal government any authority to legalize or ban abortion. Instead, it is up to the individual states to prohibit abortion.

end

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

That's a good question, I bet he can't answer it.

Thanks for contributing.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Your a loser to talk about someone's economic situation when we're talking about abortion...

And when I say loser I mean losing your argument.

AND only the unfortunate are placed in a religious haze or in a war zone.
edit on 9-4-2012 by yoyoyoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by macaronicaesar
Good post, Dr Paul would never legislate against abortions, it's only his personal feelings towards an issue near and dear to him. He is right that it's the morality of the people that need to change, not the laws, this is such a non issue, I cringe every time I hear these fake pro-lifers go on about it.

“I am strongly pro-life. I think one of the most disastrous rulings of this century was Roe versus Wade. I do believe in the slippery slope theory. I believe that if people are careless and casual about life at the beginning of life, we will be careless and casual about life at the end. Abortion leads to euthanasia. I believe that.”

-------

“As an O.B. doctor of thirty years, and having delivered 4,000 babies, I can assure you life begins at conception. I am legally responsible for the unborn, no matter what I do, so there’s a legal life there. The unborn has inheritance rights, and if there’s an injury or a killing, there is a legal entity. There is no doubt about it.”

-------

“The first thing we have to do is get the federal government out of it. We don’t need a federal abortion police. That’s the last thing that we need. There has to be a criminal penalty for the person that’s committing that crime. And I think that is the abortionist. As for the punishment, I don’t think that should be up to the president to decide.”

Nothing about these quotes taken directly from RonPaul.com seem to indicate that he wouldn't help ban abortion the moment it came across his desk.

Then you obviously don't follow Dr Paul or know what he believes in. He believes the states should determine this and that the federal government has no business in our personal lives. He's right.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by redindigo

Thanks for sharing, I pray for us all. I commend your courage in sharing your experiences.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
reply to post by macaronicaesar

Exactly! I have met too many "pro-lifers" that want to crawl up every woman's womb and tell her what to do with it, but these same people are fully for the death penalty and wars in which people are killed and maimed.

Abortion is one of those topics with which one can be self-righteous and blow a lot of hot air about the "sanctity of life" and how every infant is a blessing from God, etc.....It's very safe, isn't it? Yet putting your money where your mouth is and helping mothers in poverty, helping children who live in ghettos and have to dodge gunfire as their daily exercise, or taking in foster children who were never wanted and have been abused and turned into mentally ill kids is never on their agenda.

Roe v. Wade was passed because too many girls and women were having back-alley abortions and dying from septicemia because of it. It was a public health measure to save at least one life out of two that are involved in an unwanted pregnancy.

I remember back in college riding my bike around town and seeing a bunch of protesters in front of a clinic, with signs that say "abortion is murder". I stopped and asked one of the protestors about it. She wasted about 10 minutes of my time acting like the Defender of The Innocent, telling me how it is murder and therefore wrong, and how all babies should be allowed to be born. I asked her if she was in favor of the death penalty and she said, "Of course!" I asked her if she was in favor of war and she said, "Yes".

I then asked her what she was doing to assist teens and young women with unwanted pregnancies. She gave me a deer-in-the-headlights look. I went on to explain that, most teens and young women have to have help with these unwanted pregnancies, and perhaps she could offer a room or two in her house for these girls to live in, and then when they have their babies, assist them with either getting on welfare, or helping them with paperwork to put their baby up for adoption.

I then got another 5 minutes of her excuses as to why she couldn't actually HELP, but she could waste a Saturday protesting.

I said, "So you're saying it's OK to kill somebody convicted of murder, or for a soldier to kill somebody innocent in a foreign land, but you think abortion is a sin......And yet, you can't do anything to help these girls who are in trouble?"

She said, "Well....yeah."

I looked at her with disgust and said, "I thought so", and pedaled away from her as she stood there angry because I exposed her hypocrisy.

So, OP, unless you are anti-death penalty, anti-war, and actively assisting pregnant women or unwanted, abused children, I see you as another hypocrite.

What a woman does is between herself and God. It is NONE of your business.

Excellent reply and I agree.

link   
reply to post by mee30

You're another Ass and unfortunately a member of the largest group. At no time did I say Ron Paul supported abortion, only your right..a woman's right to make that decision.

I tell you something even more true and sincerely from my heart; I have an on going prayer everyday that something simple will come about that requires basic common sense to survive and those who lack and can't use basic common sense for that one minute, drop dead...something like holding your breath for 60 seconds as you run through a cloud of poison gas or looking both way before you walk across the street. I know this is just a dream but our world could be a wonderful place without all the twits.

link   
reply to post by FreeNergy

It's up to you my friend, but let me ask you this. Do you plan on being with her forever? If so then why not have a child? Fight for his right , your parents fought for yours.

Also watch this video if you got a chance.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by redindigo

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Don't worry like you said we're going to the next plane. You made a difference by sharing your story. Thank You.

I'll pray for us all don't let your past get you down.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by macaronicaesar

Hey well maybe if you we're asexual we wouldn't care but it takes two to tango I mean unless your godzilla.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
"The article, published in the Journal of Medical Ethics, says newborn babies are not “actual persons” and do not have a “moral right to life”. The academics also argue that parents should be able to have their baby killed if it turns out to be disabled when it is born.

The journal’s editor, Prof Julian Savulescu, director of the Oxford Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics, said the article's authors had received death threats since publishing the article. He said those who made abusive and threatening posts about the study were “fanatics opposed to the very values of a liberal society”.

The article, entitled “After-birth abortion: Why should the baby live?”, was written by two of Prof Savulescu’s former associates, Alberto Giubilini and Francesca Minerva.

They argued: “The moral status of an infant is equivalent to that of a fetus in the sense that both lack those properties that justify the attribution of a right to life to an individual.”

Rather than being “actual persons”, newborns were “potential persons”. They explained: “Both a fetus and a newborn certainly are human beings and potential persons, but neither is a ‘person’ in the sense of ‘subject of a moral right to life’. "

www.telegraph.co.uk...

This is the future! Sorry I had to post the whole thing because this is where you are heading, you have to see that... This is why you have to stand up for the rights of a baby! Because next they're coming after the toddlers! It's got sod all to do with religion in my opinion.

Next we will have islamic law passed and all the pro-abortion people will be like great we can kill our children for shaming us when we please now.

At least thats what it sounds like.

Pro-Abortion is Pro-Ignorance.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by yoyoyoyo
reply to post by MidnightTide

Abortion is destroying our society and killing more than all the human wars combined. It's purely evil and selfish.

They are having us kill our children to have "freedom" but really all we're doing is worshipping evil by killing our unborn brothers and sisters... IMO

Watch the video I'm going to post one minute.

You are brainwashed, it's sad.

I can think of hundreds of things more important or that are destroying our society, unfit mothers is higher up the list than abortions.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by yoyoyoyo

"“I am strongly pro-life. I think one of the most disastrous rulings of this century was Roe versus Wade. I do believe in the slippery slope theory. I believe that if people are careless and casual about life at the beginning of life, we will be careless and casual about life at the end. Abortion leads to euthanasia. I believe that.”

Abortion leads to euthanasia? Then bring it on, as euthanasia is something I certainly support. As does 72 % of Americans.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Right honest rape...

Wasn't that what it was intentionally created for. Not the "medical" advancement that some of these pro-abortion supporters are saying...

Or was it to kill the unborn at such a rate, that infant genocide has peaked. I believe it's this and thats why I'm speaking out. We are worshipping evil when we do this.

It's plain and simple in my mind, Why not yours? Do you believe in good and evil? I guess that would be a good question.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join