It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul and Abortion " My thoughts" Please contribute

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by yoyoyoyo
reply to post by macaronicaesar

Hey well maybe if you we're asexual we wouldn't care but it takes two to tango I mean unless your godzilla.

Another useless comment. Keep fighting the good fight from your higher moral ground. I'm out, this topic isn't worth discussing.

Do you support war or Capital punishment? Of course you do, like the rest of the hypocrites.
edit on 9-4-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morpheas
I think after six weeks it should be illegal.
Should not be covered by insurance.

Thanks for your comment, I don't appreciate my tax dollars going to this satanic ritual of killing babies either.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

reply to post by windword

Women should take pregnancy as a blessing and not a curse. I wish I could create a life, but I cant. Only women can. .

I have not read all the post so not sure if anyone else has asked this... in the OP it is stated that you have had an abortion, but you made the above statement.

if someone else has asked this and it has been answer don't worry about answering me i will get to it as I read the thread.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Ya I would agree if women weren't the creator of life... You act like we're saying women need to stay constipated and die from never using the restroom.

All I'm saying is these women need to stop putting us on the map for the most abortions world wide and supported by our government.

And I believe women should have just as much right's as anyone else. Including their unborn child. Does that make sense? I mean who's a women to say when and when not a life is viable. She's playing God, And when we play God we usually sin.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
Life is sacred....

But who chooses what life is sacred?

How about a puppy? ...Sacred

How about a chicken? ...Are you kidding? ...KILL IT...EAT IT!

How about a gnat? ...A pest...KILL IT!

A cancer cell?....KILL KILL KILL

What about a harmless garden snake? ...No time to check to see if it's poisonous...KILL IT!

What about a baby?....what kind of baby?....a chicken baby....KILL IT...EAT IT!

What about a human baby? ...I dunno, what trimester? Was the mother a slut, a rape victim? Incest?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

So what is it? Is ALL life sacred?

...Or is it just the life that YOU deem sacred?

...And by the way, who are you again?

*you can begin quoting your religious texts now*

Thanks for your thoughts. Shows our ignorance.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I believe human life begins at conception. I also think it is not wrong to kill a human foetus until higher brain cortex develops, in 5th month of pregnancy at the earliest. In the same way, braindead humans do not deserve a right to life.

But late-term abortion should be banned unless required to protect the health or life of the mother.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by paleorchid13

I believe abortion is turning women against themselves. How could a women kill something she helped created for only her self-preservation. Especially when there's no medical complications.

It's pure selfishness. Did your parents do it? Obviously not for you, Follow your parents lead and just have the damn kid.

It's hard, but as you grow and as they grow I bet you'll realize you made the right choice.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Nathan_Orin

My friend, Life is not hell.

One of those children that weren't born might have saved your life if he was here or your families life.

We are actively worshipping a demon when we kill our unborn. Look at the history it's been an occult practice since the beginning of recorded history.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I am gay
i jus had 2 boyfriends
I don't remember mention any religious thing, i'm an atheist. And my country is secular, no laws are directly guided by religion .
Anyway, about the adoption issue i think: If a child from straight parents may or not be gay, why should a child from a gay couple be this or that?
I belive that what is important in a child's life is education and love, not the gender of those who love them.

Best regards
Amiba

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by selfharmonise

The only reason it creates so much conflict is because it is wrong, and people still fight for it to be right.

I have a personal experience with abortion and it's aftermath. I was glad to share and glad others have been sharing as well. it's becoming a fruitful discussion when many thought it would bear no fruit.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Life is sacred. Intelligence is sacred. Preserving the life of the highest known level of intelligence is sacred.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by yoyoyoyo

I think it's great that you decided to stand up for what you believe in, despite the fact that it's not currently politically correct to do so.

And, kudos to you for standing up to yourself here on ATS, too.

The only significant grammatical errors I can find are when you say "Your" but really mean "You're" (you are).

Other than that, I think you got your message and meanings across.

We live in a society where selfishness is lauded. That's the crux of the matter. It is a sad thing to see.

I can say with conviction that I think abortion is murder. Having seen the chopped off limbs and bashed head of an aborted child, there is no question in my mind. The excuse, "It's my body, I should be able to do what I want to it." just doesn't float because it's not the woman's body that is being dismembered without anesthesia, it is the child's body. The excuse, "Women should have the same rights as men." just doesn't float because men go to prison for killing unborn children.

And, what if the unborn child is a girl? She'll never get the chance to even experience life or any type of equality. I guess, though, that she has achieved equality in that she is just as unwanted, murdered, and dead as the male children who are aborted.

The excuse, "What if it was a rape?" is still not justifiable in my opinion. The child did not rape the woman. Honestly, the chance of a rape resulting in a pregnancy is extremely slim, though it does happen. All I can say is that I have counseled young women who have been raped... and they are afraid to even get checked out by a doctor who is a stranger, let alone be probed and prodded.

The excuse, "What if it will save the mother?" is not justifiable in my opinion. First off, the chance of this being an accurate statement is so infinitesimally small that it should not even be considered an excuse. But, perhaps it is because I would choose for the child to live over myself. I've had a chance to live, I really could die at peace knowing that my child would have a chance at a good life.

The excuse,"Well, the child's just going to have a miserable life anyway." is not justifiable in any way, shape, or form. A lot of people do not find love until adulthood. A lot of people have awful childhoods but grow up to be exceptional, hard-working, inventive, progressive people who better the world. How many geniuses have been aborted? How many fantastic fathers have been adopted? How many brilliant artists have been aborted? The future excellence of these children is completely denied because their conception is inconvenient.

I fully support birth control methods that prevent pregnancy. If you're not pregnant, you won't be tempted to get an abortion.The fact of the matter is, people (male and female) need to be educated on various methods of birth control before they become pregnant.

Now, obviously, it would be great if people would step up and educate their children in a loving, informational, and supportive manner. Unfortunately, this is not a likely scenario. As an alternative, children need support in the community and people to talk to without judgement and places to go where they won't feel pressured into making indelible, adult choices with their young minds.But, we've lost community to fear... most of us don't even know our neighbors.

I do not consider myself a "Pro-Lifer". I am anti-abortion. Having spoken with and counseled child molesters and murderers who exhibit no remorse and think their crimes are hilarious, I can say with conviction that I think capitol punishment is the only way to end the cycle in some cases.

I have no clue what gay marriage has to do with this topic, but I will also say that I fully support gay marriage and adoption. I don't get what the big deal is - if two people love each other and want to have a family, why stop them? How could it ever be a bad thing for a child to be adopted by loving parents, even if they happen to be same-gender parents?

I would adopt all erstwhile aborted babies if I could. But, I'm not rich yet, so I will do what I can to support the folks who would like to adopt or are willing to put their unborn children up for adoption in hopes of a good life for the child.

Also, I am not religious in any way.

I just think children are important and should be treated and respected as if they are important.

Take care,
ottobot
edit on 4/9/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quibbler
I don't understand how people saying "abortion is murder" and "all life is sacred" always consider pregnancies from a rape to be acceptable terms for abortion, it's a huge contradiction. A life is a life is a life is a life.
What makes that child less of a life than all the other fetuses out there? Is the fact that it was "forced" into existence that makes it less worthy? Less worthy than those two teenagers that were just fooling around and didn't think to wear a condom? Two teens who are very much not ready for the responsibility for parenthood? They didn't want the kid either.

I know a while back in an abortion thread I took the stance of pro-life, but I've thought about it long and hard and rationalized, and I'm now pro-choice.

Ok so let's murder our unborn brothers and sisters, so these "teens" can go do it X more times and put us in a constant unborn infant genocide that's only worshipping pagan god's from the start of recorded history. While our government supports it which makes us all illicit to the crime.

Ya that's where we are.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by rival

What about war, sanctioned by the people, that kills innocent people?

How about when it's sanctioned by a religious authority?

Killing someone is wrong no matter what the basis.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Vixen~
I'm weird...

As a mother, grandmother and medical doctor I don't agree with the concept of abortion, I wouldn't consider having one myself, and I'd be reluctant to perform one unless a woman's life was in jeopardy, however I support a woman's right to make that decision for herself based on her individual circumstances. It's not my right to dictate morals to others, regardless of my personal beliefs.

My big problem is how the religious nutters are continually working to erode women's rights. I can understand their deep conviction to life, but they pass the line of acceptability by trying to restrict birth control options in addition to abortion restrictions. Why can't they get it through their heads that if you don't want people to have abortions, the best choice is to allow them the education and resources to not get pregnant in the first place?

What a right for women to kill their unborn, Sounds like a satanic ritual of initiation.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by narwahl

reply to post by LaborofLove

And I just want people to think twice. If not a 100 times before they do it. It's not the god damn movie theaters...

This is real Life and your considering ending a REAL LIFE. That's what people need to think about. In my mind.

Nobody thinks twice about abortion.
As you said this is real life.
Between "I am late" and buying a pregnancy test, peeing on the stick, waiting for the result, going to the doctor to get certainty that you are pregnant, telling the partner, putting all options on the table etc, etc etc up to the ultimate decision to have it or not to have it, a woman thinks a thousand times about this.

You know all women. I know there are some women that use abortion clinics as birth control.

So not all women think about this a 1000 times, Only the smart ones see the light and the trickery that's being played on them.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux

abortion is a "medical" procedure that involves ending another human beings life.

This line should end all arguments.

It's not natural.

That's what I thought, but the arguments keep rolling.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
Father of 5 here...
To be honest with you, if I were to have taken the responsible route (which most of the pro-choicers seem to cling to more than life itself), then my youngest child wouldn't be in this world now.

Thank God I didn't take the cowardly approach and encourage her mother to have an abortion, because it wouldn't have taken much to make it happen. After all, she put it on the table as an option...

My baby Arianna came THAT close to getting extinguished before she even got started... imagine that...
For my own selfishness, all I had to say was "Do it".

Its disgusting that me or anyone else has that option.

Thanks for sharing. May God bless you and everyone else. Even the non believers.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by begeegrace

Ya your right, It's writing jibbersh like you after being born...I'm glad your mother had you so you can think about what you typed. Especially that last sentence.

You should be sticking up for your fellow human being born or un-born.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by yoyoyoyo

Honest rape! Are you kidding me? Who are you going to put in place to make that decision, to judge the woman who claims rape, you?

What if a married woman is raped and can't be sure who the father is?

It shouldn't matter whether or not a woman was raped. She, and only she, should be who decides if her body will welcome or reject a child. An unwanted child IS an uninvited, parasitic curse, not a blessing, no matter how you skew it.

While you're talking about evil and god, let's take a look at the god of the bible.

www.evilbible.com...

GOD IS NOT PRO-LIFE

Hosea 9:11-16 Hosea prays for God’s intervention. “Ephraim shall bring forth his children to the murderer. Give them, 0 Lord: what wilt thou give? Give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. . .Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.”

Numbers 5:11-21 The description of a bizarre, brutal and abusive ritual to be performed on a wife SUSPECTED of adultery. This is considered to be an induced abortion to rid a woman of another man’s child.

Numbers 31:17 (Moses) “Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every women that hath known man by lying with him.” In other words: women that might be pregnant, which clearly is abortion for the fetus.

Hosea 13:16 God promises to dash to pieces the infants of Samaria and the “their women with child shall be ripped up”. Once again this god kills the unborn, including their pregnant mothers.

2 Kings 15:16 God allows the pregnant women of Tappuah (aka Tiphsah) to be “ripped open”. And the Christians have the audacity to say god is pro-life. How and the hell is it that Christians can read passages where God allows pregnant women to be murdered, yet still claim abortion is wrong?

BIBLICAL INFANTICIDE:

Judges 11:30-40 Jephthah killed his young daughter (his only child) by burning her alive as a burnt sacrifice to the lord for he commanded it.

Exodus 12:29 God killed, intentionally, every first-born child of every family in Egypt, simply because he was upset at the Pharaoh. And god caused the Pharaoh’s actions in the first place. Since when is it appropriate to murder children for their ruler’s forced action?

Exodus 20:9-10 God commands death for cursing out ones parents Joshua 8 God commanded the deaths of 12,000 men, women, and children of Ai. They were all slain in the ambush that was planned by god.

2 Kings 2:23-24 The prophet Elisha, was being picked on by some young boys from the city because of his bald head. The prophet turned around and cursed them in the Lords name. Then, two female bears came out of the woods and killed forty-two of them. You would think that God could understand that sometimes the youthful make childish jokes. Calling someone “bald head” is far from being worthy of death.

Leviticus 26:30 “And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.”

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join