It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Christians lie about Jesus Resurrection? Jesus did not die by Crucifiction!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
reply to post by MagnumOpus

I see.
Jesus ''hagning on the tree''? What's that?!

Some of the original Greek texts only speak to Jesus being nailed to a tree, and that meaning hands overhead.

So, it dismisses the breathing issues.

Many of the NT sources stem from Greek language origin.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus

I see.

Some of the original Greek texts only speak to Jesus being nailed to a tree, and that meaning hands overhead.

Actually i recently saw a documentary that stated... "even if his arms were over his head, breathing would have been even harder"

Apparently IF his arms were stretched out on the "cross-beam" breathing would have been easier, and thus prolonged his torture....

His death would have been much faster if his arms were over his head...

They even tested the theory by tieing the Host of the program up on a cross for demonstration purposes... he didn't last 2 mins... And the person they originally were testing this crucifxion thing on only lasted 5 mins...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Hum.
So? Where were his arms?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Actually i still vote for "over his head"... theres nothing in the bible that states a cross beam was used...

Either way i don't think it changes the fact that he died...

Though i must question Christians on one thing.... they consider him God in the flesh....

IF this was the case (which it wasn't but that isn't the point)... And as it says "all things are possible with God"...

Wouldn't that in itself make his survival possible?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well, wasn't he supposed to die for our sins? If God let him live our sins would have stayed alot longer...
I guess??

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Well, wasn't he supposed to die for our sins? If God let him live our sins would have stayed alot longer...
I guess??

That is the chistian perspective...

I don't like to dwell on his death... I believe he LIVED so as to show us how to be perfect... and without sin...

He came back from death to show us that life exists beyond this earthly body

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yeah...
Totally agree.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus

I see.

Really, so when a person cuts down a tree it stops being a tree?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Actually i recently saw a documentary that stated... "even if his arms were over his head, breathing would have been even harder"

What the flying F Akragon???

You spent the time to watch an entire documentary and I gave you a 1 minute practical example you could have tried in the confines of your own room.

Astounding. Utterly and unequivocally astounding.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Uhhh...
I don't know. How was the original version? Did the translation went wrong??

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I'm laughing now.
You would have nailed Akrgon?

That's an idea.
Just kidding. I get your point.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I guess??

Let's ignore that's exactly what Jesus in numerous places said He would do, and why He came "to this hour". Let's forget when Peter tried to talk Jesus out of the cross He rebuked him, called him "satan" and said he was "offensive" to Him. Let's forget all that, but then tell everyone they only need to read and believe what Jesus says in the Bible.

Makes sense, makes perfect freaking sense.

edit on 10-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

What the flying F Akragon???

You spent the time to watch an entire documentary and I gave you a 1 minute practical example you could have tried in the confines of your own room.

Astounding. Utterly and unequivocally astounding.

Honestly... considering i work in health care... don't you think i already knew what position makes it easier to breath? Myself being completely "phyisically fit" your experiment would have proved nothing...on the other hand IF i was beaten and whipped etc etc etc... things would have been different.

Either position makes little difference to a healthy person.... and arms over your head help you breath... Arms stretched out to the side have the same effect... to a healthy person...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Uhhh...
I don't know. How was the original version? Did the translation went wrong??

Think of all the literary devices we could use for someone murdering someone with a gun, now consider if at that time they also have a few different ways to say the same thing.

This is getting silly. Romans cut the tree down, they didn't spend hours debarking, planing, sanding, and applying stain and varnish for something they would nail condemned slaves and barbarians to.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Makes sense to me.
So the cross could be refered to as a ''tree''...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Arms stretched out to the side have the same effect... to a healthy person...

The shoulder sockets were pulled out of joint. They nailed one hand or wrist down, tied a rope around that nailed hand or wrist to the crossbeam, then a couple men wrapped a rope around the wrist of the other arm and pulled the arms out of their sockets. If you remember my practical example I said not to spread your arms out to the side, I said to spread them out as far as you possibly could, having the shoulder out of socket would be even more strenuous.

It pays to read friend.

Oh, and by the way, that's another fulfilled prophecy from the crucifixion from the OT. (Psalm 22)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Makes sense to me.
So the cross could be refered to as a ''tree''...

Not "could be"..

It WAS a tree.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

This still could have been accomplished with his arms over head.... Consider "the rack" and its purpose...

I read everything my friend... doesn't mean i have to agree though

Technically... it was a POLE... made from a tree...

edit on 10-4-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

Arms stretched out to the side have the same effect... to a healthy person...

The shoulder sockets were pulled out of joint. They nailed one hand or wrist down, tied a rope around that nailed hand or wrist to the crossbeam, then a couple men wrapped a rope around the wrist of the other arm and pulled the arms out of their sockets. If you remember my practical example I said not to spread your arms out to the side, I said to spread them out as far as you possibly could, having the shoulder out of socket would be even more strenuous.

It pays to read friend.

Oh, and by the way, that's another fulfilled prophecy from the crucifixion from the OT. (Psalm 22)

Ask him how he knows Jesus arms were desocketed. He'll eventually have to say he was there.

Most of this Jesus is Lord stuff got stated with the Essene's celestial games on the 3-stars being when a King was to be born. Then they kept going deeper and most claimed he was the Lord before the hanging on the tree. So, they didn't need any miracles for Jesus to be considered god.

edit on 10-4-2012 by MagnumOpus because: He got stuck in the Song---were you there when they hung the lord on a tree.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

This still could have been accomplished with his arms over head.... Consider "the rack" and its purpose...

I read everything my friend... doesn't mean i have to agree though

Technically... it was a POLE... made from a tree...

No, they cut the tree down, cut 1/4 of it off for the crossbeam, cut the branches from the trunk, affixed the crossbeam to the "pole" part if you will and hoisted the condemned person up. You tell me how they held a condemned person up considering gravity, till they could nail them to a tree.

This is getting absurd, and I didn't think a few threads ago it could get any more absurd. You're right, I have an issue with assuming things.

Assuming people's IQ is as high as mine. (151)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join