It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Christians lie about Jesus Resurrection? Jesus did not die by Crucifiction!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

Actually its quite obvious that would eventually happen.... the weight of the body would pull on his shoulders and eventually cause them to dislocate...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

Arms stretched out to the side have the same effect... to a healthy person...

The shoulder sockets were pulled out of joint. They nailed one hand or wrist down, tied a rope around that nailed hand or wrist to the crossbeam, then a couple men wrapped a rope around the wrist of the other arm and pulled the arms out of their sockets. If you remember my practical example I said not to spread your arms out to the side, I said to spread them out as far as you possibly could, having the shoulder out of socket would be even more strenuous.

It pays to read friend.

Oh, and by the way, that's another fulfilled prophecy from the crucifixion from the OT. (Psalm 22)

Ask him how he knows Jesus arms were desocketed. He'll eventually have to say he was there.

That's what the Persians and Romans did to open up the chest as far as possible. (Inhale position) And it was fulfilled prophecy (Psalm 22)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I see that the thread on if Jesus died by Crucification has become a lecture on medical dessication and autopsy.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by NOTurTypical

This still could have been accomplished with his arms over head.... Consider "the rack" and its purpose...

I read everything my friend... doesn't mean i have to agree though

Technically... it was a POLE... made from a tree...

No, they cut the tree down, cut 1/4 of it off for the crossbeam, cut the branches from the trunk, affixed the crossbeam to the "pole" part if you will and hoisted the condemned person up. You tell me how they held a condemned person up considering gravity, till they could nail them to a tree.

This is getting absurd, and I didn't think a few threads ago it could get any more absurd. You're right, I have an issue with assuming things.

Assuming people's IQ is as high as mine. (151)

Heheh.... clearly you have an issue stroking your own ego as well...

The POLE or stake would have held him up after his wrists were nailed to the pole.... Theres nothing absurd about it... And again... theres NOTHING that says a crossbeam was used...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Could we get more bloody medical, please? While we are at it: The metacarpial destruction, the brain loosing all control on bodily functions...
Pleeaase!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by starheart
reply to post by Akragon

I see that the thread on if Jesus died by Crucification has become a lecture on medical dessication and autopsy.

And people still don't read and retain the info for legitimate logical conclusions. One person tried to dismiss a world renowned Pathologist with over 15,000 autopsies under his belt with the opinions to the contrary from a Pediatric Gastroenterologist who is a Jesus-hating Jew.

That's like going to a foot surgeon for brain surgery.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Actually its quite obvious that would eventually happen.... the weight of the body would pull on his shoulders and eventually cause them to dislocate...

Well, that is not what he said was it? He said they nailed one hand, then put a rope on the other hand to nail the second hand.

That IQ must be -151. Notice the Negative Sign. imho

Some texts tell that Jesus was only a couple feet off the ground, so even the hoisting up is not really necessary. It is really easy to just tie a person's hands together, while standing on a box and nail the top. I don't think the Romans are going to be doing all that hoisting and lifting, when it wasn't needed.

Most of the story is all dramatized.

edit on 10-4-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Fantasy Land

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Come one! The guy is dead! Why do we have to ponder if his arms dislocated or not??!
Sickening.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

This still could have been accomplished with his arms over head.... Consider "the rack" and its purpose...

I read everything my friend... doesn't mean i have to agree though

Technically... it was a POLE... made from a tree...

No, they cut the tree down, cut 1/4 of it off for the crossbeam, cut the branches from the trunk, affixed the crossbeam to the "pole" part if you will and hoisted the condemned person up. You tell me how they held a condemned person up considering gravity, till they could nail them to a tree.

This is getting absurd, and I didn't think a few threads ago it could get any more absurd. You're right, I have an issue with assuming things.

Assuming people's IQ is as high as mine. (151)

Heheh.... clearly you have an issue stroking your own ego as well...

It's not a lie.

You missed the point, I assume often times that things that seem elementary for me might not be so for someone else. 140+ IQs are not commonplace, and I do often forget that. It's still frustrating nontheless.

The POLE or stake would have held him up after his wrists were nailed to the pole.... Theres nothing absurd about it... And again... theres NOTHING that says a crossbeam was used...

And how would they have held a kicking and fighting man up to nail his arms in that position?

They also didn't mention where the nails came from, they also didn't mention the names of the guards, they also didn't mention the tree being cut down, they also didn't mention.....

See where I am going with this?

edit on 10-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
Come one! The guy is dead! Why do we have to ponder if his arms dislocated or not??!
Sickening.

Because the resurrection is impossible to rationally deny based on the evidence and logical conclusions. The only way to avoid that is to invent some freaking scenario where He didn't die. Now they are free to ignore the facts of the resurrection.

That's why.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Sickening.

How do you know that he was dead?

Most all that overdramatized stuff is the Christians trying to envoke sympathy to sell the story.
edit on 10-4-2012 by MagnumOpus because: And it is just a story

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Some texts tell that Jesus was only a couple feet off the ground.

Mostly all crucified people were, so people could walk by them and look them in the eyes, spit on them, punch them in the face, et cetra. Plus a shorter "POLE" would be easier for a scourged person to carry or drag through town.

Less "POLE" = less weight.

I'm going to start calling the cut down tree a "POLE" now to piss Akragon off I think.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

''dead'' meaning ''the physical body born in 33 BC has stopped functionning''. He could ressucitate after, but he has to die first to ressucitate.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Sickening.

Most all that overdramatized stuff is the Christians trying to envoke sympathy to sell the story.

The Praetorian guard would never have let Joseph of Aramathea have the body for burial if not. It would have been all their heads, literally.

Pretty good insurance policy for them to make 115% sure.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

''dead'' meaning ''the physical body born in 33 BC has stopped functionning''. He could ressucitate after, but he has to die first to ressucitate.

Resurrect.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Sickening.

As opposed to inventing 10,001 scenarios to avoid answering for the facts of the cross or the resurrection?

Gotcha.

We had to invent a new word to describe the horror of the cross. "Excruciating", which literally means "of the cross".

"Excruciating pain" means literally "pain of the cross" or "Cross-like pain".

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Right.
Atheists physicists...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

What is the difference between ressucitate, and ressurect? I always thought that it was ressucitate.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

You missed the point, I assume often times that things that seem elementary for me might not be so for someone else. 140+ IQs are not commonplace, and I do often forget that. It's still frustrating nontheless.

I also have quite a high IQ but you know that measurement means nothing right? Theres several different measurements for intelligence.... none of which are accurate... so its pointless to even bother posting it other then to try to prove you're correct because... you have a high IQ

I've met people who have an IQ well into the 180s and beyond... and they turn out to be a simple morons after a brief discussion...

And how would they have held a kicking and fighting man up to nail his arms in that position?

And now your ego has got the best of you....

The bible says he went quietly and accepted his fate.... not kicking and screaming... not to mention the fact that he was exhausted from the previous activity...

You're letting your IQ blind you from your logic

edit on 10-4-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Sickening.

Because the resurrection is impossible to rationally deny based on the evidence and logical conclusions. The only way to avoid that is to invent some freaking scenario where He didn't die. Now they are free to ignore the facts of the resurrection.

That's why.

The IQ just went to zero for no sign of Critical Thinking. Most all these pole hanging speak to the persons living for 3 days and they broke the legs to kill them off even then.

Jesus was up there for 6 hours.

The logical conclusion is that he came down live.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join