It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trayvon Martin Shooter Told Cops Teenager Went For His Gun

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
reply to post by manna2

I know Zimmerman said he was "acting suspicious" but that statement in itself is speculative. If a witness claimed he was looking at houses, it, too, would be a very subjective statement. How was he looking at them, in what context? I'm not even sure what that means. I look at houses all the time when I go for walks. Was he paused in front of them, studying something about them? Just like the "acting suspicious" statement, it would need some clarification to have any real meaning.

Only Trayvon knows what Trayvon was doing that night and he can't give a statement. Anything anyone else says is speculation. The only absolute knowns about what he was doing was that he was walking down the street at night, it was raining, and he was unarmed. Heck, maybe he was scoping out potential homes to rob. Maybe he wasn't. I don't know and neither does anyone else. There's too much stuff being spouted and the waters are so muddy. If we just stick to what is absolutely known, it makes it easier to think more clearly about the situation.

It doesn't matter Zimmerman called the police like he was supposed to so they could handle it Treyvon attacked him before they got there and lost his life for it. They only one who committed a crime that night was Treyvon by assaulting Zimmerman. Yeah Zimmerman following him was not a good idea however it was not illegal. Why didn't Treyvon call the police if he was being followed? He chose to assault Zimmerman instead and was killed for it.

"He said this man was watching him, so he put his hoodie on. He said he lost the man," Martin's friend said. "I asked Trayvon to run, and he said he was going to walk fast. I told him to run, but he said he was not going to run."

Eventually, he would run, said the girl, thinking that he'd managed to escape. But suddenly the strange man was back, cornering Martin.

"Trayvon said, 'What are you following me for,' and the man said, 'What are you doing here.' Next thing I hear is somebody pushing, and somebody pushed Trayvon because the head set just fell. I called him again, and he didn't answer the phone."

Source

According to Martin's girlfriend who was on the phone with him during the incident Zimmerman started the altercation and physical confrontation by initially pushing Martin.
edit on 27/3/2012 by Believer101 because: forgot url.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by Domo1

dispatchers work for the police department, don't they? my mistake if they don't.

that he was being followed...i thought was firmly established...

i remember walking behind a woman that had a can of mace in her hand after dark many years ago i'd just gotten of the train from work and was walking home, i assume her story was the same...after seeing the mace, i fell back, not wanting to initiate an unfortunate event.

i'm scary to some people...if i got sprayed...who's fault is it?

i suppose a life is worth a stereo or television set...to zimmerman. those are the types of things criminals steal from homes?

the man is psychotic and needs a time out.

if a bank is being robbed...you'd be fired for not following the robbers instructions. why? because nothing they take will equal the amount of lost life.

but in florida...a human life is worth a broken window or door and electronics.

dispatchers are not sworn police officers and are thus CIVILIANS, which means they have no actual authority to tell you anything.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101

reply to post by manna2

I know Zimmerman said he was "acting suspicious" but that statement in itself is speculative. If a witness claimed he was looking at houses, it, too, would be a very subjective statement. How was he looking at them, in what context? I'm not even sure what that means. I look at houses all the time when I go for walks. Was he paused in front of them, studying something about them? Just like the "acting suspicious" statement, it would need some clarification to have any real meaning.

Only Trayvon knows what Trayvon was doing that night and he can't give a statement. Anything anyone else says is speculation. The only absolute knowns about what he was doing was that he was walking down the street at night, it was raining, and he was unarmed. Heck, maybe he was scoping out potential homes to rob. Maybe he wasn't. I don't know and neither does anyone else. There's too much stuff being spouted and the waters are so muddy. If we just stick to what is absolutely known, it makes it easier to think more clearly about the situation.

It doesn't matter Zimmerman called the police like he was supposed to so they could handle it Treyvon attacked him before they got there and lost his life for it. They only one who committed a crime that night was Treyvon by assaulting Zimmerman. Yeah Zimmerman following him was not a good idea however it was not illegal. Why didn't Treyvon call the police if he was being followed? He chose to assault Zimmerman instead and was killed for it.

"He said this man was watching him, so he put his hoodie on. He said he lost the man," Martin's friend said. "I asked Trayvon to run, and he said he was going to walk fast. I told him to run, but he said he was not going to run."

Eventually, he would run, said the girl, thinking that he'd managed to escape. But suddenly the strange man was back, cornering Martin.

"Trayvon said, 'What are you following me for,' and the man said, 'What are you doing here.' Next thing I hear is somebody pushing, and somebody pushed Trayvon because the head set just fell. I called him again, and he didn't answer the phone."

Source

According to Martin's girlfriend who was on the phone with him during the incident Zimmerman started the altercation and physical confrontation by initially pushing Martin.

Stop misconstruing the evidence, no where does his girlfriend state Zimmerman pushed Martin first, his girlfriend HEARD a push, that's it. There's just as much or better chance that it was Martin who pushed first not Zimmerman.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan

Originally posted by BIGPoJo

Please watch the video in the link, it has some FACTS for a change. For people who don't know, Trayvon was 6' 200 lbs. He could have seriously injured or killed Zimmerman if he not have acted in self defense. To put it into perspective, I have seen a 5' 150 person break another adult's jaw in one hit. Imagine being pounded on the ground over and over again. What would you do if you had a gun at your disposal?

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

that does not mean Martin started the fight, the self defense # is BULLCRAP.
If Zimmerman wants to be a little neighborhood bully, then 17 year olds shouldn't be able to put him in his place.

Zimmerman harassed him, Zimmerman shot him. He should be in jail. good night.

Zimmerman questioned him.....Martin attacked him...Martin went for his gun....Zimmerman shot him.

Bully.....no
Wise....no
Right to profile given recent burglaries....yes

What right did Zimmerman have to question him? Being a self appointed member of a neighborhood watch program does not give you legal authority. Zimmerman was supposed to be carrying a concealed weapon so how was Martin supposed to go for a gun that he shouldn't have been able to see?

What right? The same right that every human being has in the United States of America. You are by law allowed to walk up to ANYONE in the street and ask them a question. There is literally no law against that. And no matter how agitated someone else is they have no right to ever assault you for doing so, which is why Zimmerman is not arrested and Martin's death as tragic as it is, is fully justified.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by rufusdrak

reply to post by manna2

Source

Stop misconstruing the evidence, no where does his girlfriend state Zimmerman pushed Martin first, his girlfriend HEARD a push, that's it. There's just as much or better chance that it was Martin who pushed first not Zimmerman.

Here, I'll make it easier to read for you:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by popsmayhem
update zimmerman has been recieving death
threats this is sick zimmerman death threats
Thats right folks lynch mob is out in full swing!
This is america INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY

Guess Zimmerman forgot that huh? He had no problem looking at Martin like he was guilty.

Well it is reported he is with friends
and they are heavily armed.
Seeing how things turned out for
treyvon, I would be careful messing
with zimmerman he sure can shoot,
and i'm sure his buddies can too.

HE cant hide forever, and forever they will look for him...thats the funny thing,one day they will find him AND find him they will.

No they won't. Just like Casey Anthony went into hiding after her trial, no one is looking for her anymore, the attention span of the american public is not that great. Remember that guy Kony from a week back?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by rufusdrak

reply to post by manna2

Source

Here, I'll make it easier to read for you:

Exactly, you are understanding it wrong, learn some reading comprehension. "The next thing I hear is somebody pushing". Notice how she said SOMEBODY? It's because she doesn't know who is doing the pushing. THEN somebody pushed Trayvon. Obviously after the INITIAL push, somebody pushed him and his headset fell, that subsequent push is not important because the INITIAL push is all that matters in establishing the initial ASSAULT that occurred. Yet she does not know who did the initial push as she obviously states.
Like I said please learn to comprehend what you're reading.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomXisntXFree
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Zimmerman should not have followed him. He followed him because he profiled Martin. Following him resulted into scaring a kid doing nothing wrong. Zimmerman shot him because he was getting his *** beat by a scared kid defending himself from a man with a gun.

Zimmerman was looking for trouble and now he most certainly has it. Enough said.

edit on 26-3-2012 by FreedomXisntXFree because: (no reason given)

I'm sorry but thats incorrect

You DO NOT fight someone because you're scared,

You fight some one because you are forced to, or have no other choice in these situations, or are not scared of them and angry with them, he wasn't forced to fight anybody he made that decision alone, probably because he fancied his chances against 5ft 8 zimmerman

Trayvon had the choice to run away or carry on walking or just talk to him while walking away and not fighting him,

But he did not,

He confronted Mr zimmerman and attacked him instead,

You do one or the other, there is no in-between its fight or flight, i think we can all agree, zimmerman following him was the first wrong move and secondly was trayvon confronting him and attacking him,

The rest of what you say is correct tho

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It's just sad how many people here don't have even the most mundane grasp of our legal systems and how our rights work.

It doesn't matter of Zimmerman even so much as punched Martin in the face prior to shooting him. It doesn't matter if Zimmerman followed him, literally almost nothing anyone is talking about matters legally in Zimmerman being legally cleared and innocent. The ONLY thing that matters is who assaulted who first, because in establishing that we are able to know whether Zimmerman was within his rights to defend himself. If Trayvon is the one that assaulted Zimmerman then obviously Zimmerman is fully justified via Florida's stand your ground law to shoot and kill him.
Just as the previous poster has posted even Trayvon Martin's own girlfriend does not know who did the initial assault all she heard was an exchange of words and then a scuffle, but she does not know who STARTED the scuffle which is the only part that matters. She can never know that because being on the phone she would never be able to tell who hit whom first etc.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfTheLight

Originally posted by FreedomXisntXFree
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Zimmerman should not have followed him. He followed him because he profiled Martin. Following him resulted into scaring a kid doing nothing wrong. Zimmerman shot him because he was getting his *** beat by a scared kid defending himself from a man with a gun.

Zimmerman was looking for trouble and now he most certainly has it. Enough said.

edit on 26-3-2012 by FreedomXisntXFree because: (no reason given)

I'm sorry but thats incorrect

You DO NOT fight someone because you're scared,

You fight some one because you are forced to, or have no other choice in these situations, or are not scared of them and angry with them, he wasn't forced to fight anybody he made that decision alone, probably because he fancied his chances against 5ft 8 zimmerman

Trayvon had the choice to run away or carry on walking or just talk to him while walking away and not fighting him,

But he did not,

He confronted Mr zimmerman and attacked him instead,

You do one or the other, there is no in-between its fight or flight, i think we can all agree, zimmerman following him was the first wrong move and secondly was trayvon confronting him and attacking him,

The rest of what you say is correct tho

Exactly, Trayvon Martin's own girlfriend has said in a statement that she told him to "run" and he said that he would not, probably preferring to show his street machismo instead. And that same macho attitude is what got him killed. Truth is both Zimmerman AND Martin made some very IDIOTIC gungho decisions that night which is what led to Martin's death, unfortunately all the decisions Zimmerman made were within his legal rights and as such he is an innocent man and will not be charged.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Brandon88

He had a gun because of a little thing called the 2nd Amendment. He has right to protect himself as per his 2nd Amendment rights. A series of recent breakins in that gated community, he was the neighborhood watchman.

Trayvon did not live in this gated community. He was there staying with father because of school suspension for having "weed" and now we learn he had womens jewelry in back pack also. What a slap in the face of all the ones saying he MURDERED an innocent boy. If we find some of that jewelry came from the homes in that community that were broken into. MSM also say's he had "burglar tool" in back pack.

That sure as hell don't sound like innocence to me. Does it to any of you? MSM driving a race fueled frenzy. Black Panthers with wanted posters, Rev Al, JJ, all the main players in the black community whipped up into a firestorm of protest. Trust me somewhere in all this the "gun controll" folks will take over.

It is the MSM driving this. Even after updated pics available, MSM still showing the "innocent pics" I also noticed that CNN when they show the two on screen at same time, Trayvons pic is allways small, while Zimmermans is made larger. MIND GAMES FOR THE SHEEPLE NATION. CNN, FOX all of you. The innocent thing aint working any more. We see how your spinning this, when more blood is shed, it will be on the hands of the MSM for driving this frenzy.....

IMHO. When this all shakes out and if we find that Zimmerman acted in self defence and it ends. I would bet all I own and all I will ever have to the fact there will not be an apology from any one in the black community. But some one some where in the black community will find a way to proffit off of it. Guranteeded.
edit on 27-3-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: I wasnt done.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
reply to post by Brandon88

He had a gun because of a little thing called the 2nd Amendment. He has right to protect himself as per his 2nd Amendment rights. A series of recent breakins in that gated community, he was the neighborhood watchman.

Trayvon did not live in this gated community. He was there staying with father because of school suspension for having "weed" and now we learn he had womens jewelry in back pack also. What a slap in the face of all the ones saying he MURDERED an innocent boy. If we find some of that jewelry came from the homes in that community that were broken into. MSM also say's he had "burglar tool" in back pack.

That sure as hell don't sound like innocence to me. Does it to any of you? MSM driving a race fueled frenzy. Black Panthers with wanted posters, Rev Al, JJ, all the main players in the black community whipped up into a firestorm of protest. Trust me somewhere in all this the "gun controll" folks will take over.

IMHO. When this all shakes out and if we find that Zimmerman acted in self defence and it ends. I would bet all I own and all I will ever have to the fact there will not be an apology from any one in the black community. But some one some where in the black community will find a way to proffit off of it. Guranteeded.

Funny how slowly the truth is coming out. First we see the innocent 7th grade graduation photos of Martin now we know what he really lookd like. Next we find out he was on 8 day suspension but people claimed it was for "tardiness"
now we find out it was because the school found weed on him, etc, etc...it continues and continues.

Why should that matter some people claim? Well why should Zimmerman's run in with the law matter then? Why are some dragging Zimmerman through the mud for his encounter in 2001 or 2004 or whatever it was with police? If that's fair game then so is Martin's checkered past.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rufusdrak

EXACTLY. MSM paints a innocent picture, when the truth is far from innocent.. And the fact his family is OURAGED that the damn truth about their son comes out. More like pissed that the innocence blanket has been pull back to expose the real Trayvon Martin.. " The truth will set you free". I am allmost sure this is not the last we learn about the lack of innocence of Trayvon Martin.

edit on 27-3-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfTheLight
You DO NOT fight someone because you're scared, . .

What?

Do you lack understanding of how much adrenaline your body produces when you are scared.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

You chase me down with a gun, if I get the jump on you, I'm going for that gun.

All of this is 100% Zimmerman's fault. Prosecute him.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeatherofMaat
reply to post by BIGPoJo

You chase me down with a gun, if I get the jump on you, I'm going for that gun.

All of this is 100% Zimmerman's fault. Prosecute him.

Exactly!

It is a terrible tragedy that should not have happened.

And it would not have happened if Zimmerman hadn't confronted Tayvon - - - which is against Neighborhood Watch protocol.

No matter how you look at it - - - Zimmerman created the situation and escalated the situation by getting out of his car.

link   
reply to post by Annee

Proper term is " Fight or Flight" Looks as if Trayvon chose the fight.

link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by MikeBoss

Following someone is not illegal. Asking them what they are doing is not illegal. Carrying a gun was not illegal in this case. If Trayvon attacked Zimmerman and was beating him on the ground, smashing his head he was the aggressor and the shooting was justifiable. If he went for his gun the shooting was justifiable. I think Zimmerman is an idiot, but there is no law against that.

Just because something is technically legal doesn't mean it's proper to do that thing.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
First of all, if you know you`re getting stalked and you see the mofo with a gun, what would you do? I would of kicked his ass grab the gun and tell him to take everything off him, then you dismantle the gun and throw it out period. The guy should be charged of 2nd degree murder with attacking charges.
edit on 27-3-2012 by Fight4Cancer because: spelling

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fight4Cancer
First of all, if you know you`re getting stalked and you see the mofo with a gun, what would you do? I would of kicked his ass grab the gun and tell him to take everything off him, then you dismantle the gun and throw it out period. The guy should be charged of 2nd degree murder with attacking charges.
edit on 27-3-2012 by Fight4Cancer because: spelling

We dont know if he saw the gun before the fight or not. Most likely during the skuffle it became visable. He wasnt walking around with a western holster with a colt on his side. He was a concealed carrier.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join