It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trayvon Martin Shooter Told Cops Teenager Went For His Gun

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Trayvon Martin Shooter Told Cops Teenager Went For His Gun

abcnews.go.com

George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch crime captain who shot dead 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, originally told police in a written statement that Martin knocked him down with a punch to the nose, repeatedly slammed his head on the ground and tried to take his gun, a police source told ABC News.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Please watch the video in the link, it has some FACTS for a change. For people who don't know, Trayvon was 6' 200 lbs. He could have seriously injured or killed Zimmerman if he not have acted in self defense. To put it into perspective, I have seen a 5' 150 person break another adult's jaw in one hit. Imagine being pounded on the ground over and over again. What would you do if you had a gun at your disposal?

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+22 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Before this takes a turn, I want to be sure to mention that at ANY size, if someone has a gun and YOU dont, you will ALWAYS go for the gun, its not gangster... its common sense.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Please, Please quit doing this.....

People already have their minds made up on this case, don't confuse them with the facts.

If it was a white person as the shooter I am sure I know how this case would turn out but being he was a Latino guy I am watching to see how it turns out.

For the record, reading what I have I side with the shooter. Also I have been where he is and know what it's he is going through.

+26 more 
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Zimmerman should not have followed him. He followed him because he profiled Martin. Following him resulted into scaring a kid doing nothing wrong. Zimmerman shot him because he was getting his *** beat by a scared kid defending himself from a man with a gun.

Zimmerman was looking for trouble and now he most certainly has it. Enough said.

edit on 26-3-2012 by FreedomXisntXFree because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
link   
Reply to post by BIGPoJo

You're missing the whole point of this incident, how would you like it if I followed you in my car, and then attempt to agitate you into attacking me, and then I shoot you when i am losing the fight, then I claim self-defense after i shot you?

edit on 26-3-2012 by MikeBoss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Now he's 200 lbs? I thought he was 140 or 170? Too much information being thrown around and it's just muddying the water.

I go with the poster who said Z should not have followed him, period. Everything else is just muck.

+27 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeBoss

Following someone is not illegal. Asking them what they are doing is not illegal. Carrying a gun was not illegal in this case. If Trayvon attacked Zimmerman and was beating him on the ground, smashing his head he was the aggressor and the shooting was justifiable. If he went for his gun the shooting was justifiable. I think Zimmerman is an idiot, but there is no law against that.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Why'd zimmermen have a gun in the first place hes neighborhood watch, not a police officer. Whats he think he can pull it out on somebody and their not going to react?

Along with the neighboorhood watch debate he shouldve remained in his vehicle and phoned police if worried because he is NOT a cop. Getting out of the vehicle and pursuing him was a mistake so technically he engaged the confrontation and should be charged with murder.
edit on 26-3-2012 by Brandon88 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeBoss
Reply to post by BIGPoJo

You're missing the whole point of this incident, how would you like it if I followed you in my car, and then attempt to agitate you into attacking me, and then I shoot you when i am losing the fight, then I claim self-defense after i shot you?

edit on 26-3-2012 by MikeBoss because: (no reason given)

No, you are missing the whole point. If Trayvon struck first, he was the physical aggressor and Zimmerman had every right to defend himself from being harmed. Following someone is not touching them.

That being said, nobody but Zimmerman and Martin know exactly what happened. Anyone else is just speculating and working off of emotions and not facts.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Stalking is not illegal? Carry a gun is not illegal, but shooting it at someone that you started the fight with is criminal, not self-defense bs.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon88
Why'd zimmermen have a gun in the first place hes neighborhood watch, not a police officer. Whats he think he can pull it out on somebody and their not going to react?

Why do you wear shoes? He had a gun because it was lawful for him to have one, and he wanted to carry one. Seriously, you anti-gun nuts are gonna get us all killed.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

You're right everything you described isn't illegal. But racial profiling is. In this case Zimmerman isn't a cop. So literally everything he did was "out of his jurisdiction".

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
So lemme get this straight...teenager walking down the street, minding his own business, gets confronted by older dude who had been following him, dude has a gun. Poor kid probably thought he was about to get abducted or worse. Who WOULDN'T go for the gun!? Zimmerman is still the first aggressor.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Zimmerman brought this whole incident on to himself, he should've just call the cop and stayed in his car, none of this whole crap would happen.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Im not anti gun but giving them to trigger happy imbeciles I have a problem with.

Race isnt even a factor in this, the problem lies with zimmerman murdering a unarmed child with no solid evidence except for the things he caused himself.
edit on 26-3-2012 by Brandon88 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Brandon88

He didn't just pull the gun on Trayvon. Trayvon attacked him (allegedly). Its gotten to the point where I don' know what to believe. The media has really mucked this up and even if Zimmerman is guilty it will get thrown out of court. No way he can have a fair trial, especially with our idiot POTUS talking about the case.

link   
What I am curious about, is how is the guy following the other, not seen as the original aggressor? If I was being followed, and I reacted out of fear then I would be in the right.

If this kid was alive he would be able to tell everyone how he felt while he was being followed, but sadly thats not the case. Obviously this guy had a vigilante mindset, and wasn't afraid to show it.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandon88

That is the reason I believe in gun laws. To protect yourself from the stupid people that managed to lawfully get one.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

The pictures the media is using are from when Mr. Martin was 13. I have teenagers and I know how much they grow over 4 years. Their size was nearly equal with Mr. Martin having the height advantage I believe. The media would have you believe that Mr. Martin was how he appears in those pictures. Small, weak and innocent looking. Not the case. Mr. Zimmerman is not as big as he was in those photos either.Its simple manipulation by the news to make it more sinister than what it was. I dont believe he should have followed Mr. Martin and I also dont think Mr. Martin should have chose to fight with Mr. Zimmerman. Had Mr. Zimmerman listened to the dispatcher or Mr. Martin had called the police to report a stalker or ran away this whole situation could have been avoided. Too bad bravado and pride got in the way.....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join