It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trayvon Martin Shooter Told Cops Teenager Went For His Gun

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1
I think whats interesting is the only reason this story is being talked about is because obama said if he had a son it would look like a black person.

NO. This was on Talk Radio before it was on ATS or Obama said anything.

I was listening to discussions on this for a week before it was on ATS or Obama said anything.

BTW - - this is what Obama actually said:

“When I think about this boy, I think about my own kids,” Obama said. “And I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this and that everybody pulls together, federal, state and local to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened.”

edit on 27-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
While the debate goes on I'm just looking at the manipulation in the news. Trayvon is referred to as a child. Actually at 17 that 'child' with parents permission could enlist in the army. So say someone at 17 does enlist...would the headlines read 'child sent to Afghanistan' ? In other circles Trayvon would be referred to as a young man.

Who's at fault and who's not is mute...for me anyway. How can I know, I wasn't there. Mistakes made all the way around but ya know, # happens. I'm more interested in why MSM is promoting this story with the obvious emotional hooks. I'm more interested in why Bama has chimed in. It's certainly not for votes. Votes don't determine an election (think Diebold). But if the intention is to start race riots which effectively subverts attentions away from other things going on then it all makes sense.

And mission accomplished...tensions are heating up, threats are being made and the rest of the viewing public is engaged in debate over right/wrong.

World twirls eh?

~is still a rose

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Is there a possibility that Trayvon was listening to an MP3 player? I can't imagine a teen going out without one. I think that is highly likely and perhaps he didn't hear a word from Zimmerman until confronted by an angry man who felt he was being ignored. Do you think it is possible that Martin thought he was being attacked by a man with a gun in his hand? I think it is a strong possibility.

One side of the coin analysis of the 911 tapes:
wearetrayvonmartin.wordpress.com...

Zimmerman never stopped running after Trayvon…even when the dispatcher told him not to. You can hear Zimmerman taking out his gun and taking off the safety. You can hear it. Zimmerman started removing the safety from his gun and preparing his cartridge. LISTEN to the 2:38-2:40 mark. LISTEN CLOSELY to the 2:58-3:14 mark.

edit on 3/27/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This is what it all comes down to. If Z manages to get off, Riots will take place, and a bunch of people will end up getting killed because some people will not be happy with the rulings of the courts. This is my question…Once people get killed; will the pro T people here defend those who got killed because of it, or will you find it justified? It’s sad that a life was lost here, but I guarantee that many more will be lost if Z gets off.

More and more facts are coming forward on what kind of person this T guy was. The MSM has this kids looking like he fell from heaven to save the world from tyranny. It’s ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by arosebyanyothername
I'm more interested in why Bama has chimed in. It's certainly not for votes.

Obama has been chastised by the black community for not speaking up on other incidents.

This incident was about a child - - he is a father - - he can relate it to being a parent - - not a black parent - - any parent.

IMO

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
More and more facts are coming forward on what kind of person this T guy was. The MSM has this kids looking like he fell from heaven to save the world from tyranny. It’s ridiculous.

Who/what Tayvon is/was - - - is not relevant.

Tayvon is not on trial for his character. Actually - - he can't speak at all. He's dead.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
You would think that ATS members here might be a little weary on what the MSM has to say about T. unfortunately not. I keep forgetting there’s sheeple here as well....

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Propulsion

Who/what Tayvon is/was - - - is not relevant.

Tayvon is not on trial for his character. Actually - - he can't speak at all. He's dead.

Well, a lot more people are going to be dead when Z gets off. I can only hope you defend them just as much as you do T.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Is there a possibility that Trayvon was listening to an MP3 player? I can't imagine a teen going out without one. I think that is highly likely and perhaps he didn't hear a word from Zimmerman until confronted by an angry man who felt he was being ignored. Do you think it is possible that Martin thought he was being attacked by a man with a gun in his hand? I think it is a strong possibility.

One side of the coin analysis of the 911 tapes:
wearetrayvonmartin.wordpress.com...

Zimmerman never stopped running after Trayvon…even when the dispatcher told him not to. You can hear Zimmerman taking out his gun and taking off the safety. You can hear it. Zimmerman started removing the safety from his gun and preparing his cartridge. LISTEN to the 2:38-2:40 mark. LISTEN CLOSELY to the 2:58-3:14 mark.

edit on 3/27/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

Thanks for posting this. I thought that's what I heard at the 2:43 mark. You can clearly hear it as he says his last name.

I've grown up around guns, and shot plenty. I know what that sound is. Glad to know I'm not the only one who caught that.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Before this takes a turn, I want to be sure to mention that at ANY size, if someone has a gun and YOU dont, you will ALWAYS go for the gun, its not gangster... its common sense.

Peace, NRE.

Actually that's wrong. According to police the best corse of action when faced with an armed aggressor is to run away in a zig zag pattern as fast as you can.

Zimmerman wasn't being aggressive though. It's his job to observe and report, whether he's armed or not.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

That explains why his magazine was full.. The round in the chamber went off, but the weapon did not cycle due to being obstructed in some way. If you grab onto a handgun its slide will not chamber a new round.

U
edit on 27-3-2012 by USarmyFL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by arosebyanyothername
I'm more interested in why Bama has chimed in. It's certainly not for votes.

Obama has been chastised by the black community for not speaking up on other incidents.

This incident was about a child - - he is a father - - he can relate it to being a parent - - not a black parent - - any parent.

IMO

According to legal definition (as I read it) a child is under the age of 14. Before the age of majority he/she is a minor. If a 'child' commits a crime at 17 he can be tried as an adult. A 'child' with parents permission can join the army and be sent to war.

I find it so interesting that ppl are still using the word child. MSM has done us proud. Still the haze to view this purely from an emotional reaction stance.

Bama responding to the black community chastisement...seriously? When has he shown that he gives a flying you know what? He can relate as a parent??? What about the 'child' that was killed by drones "killed Muhammad Haqqani, a son of guerrilla leader Jalaluddin Haqqani." Ah, here we have son of, not 'child'. And further, where is Bama on relating as a parent? Kill the father, kill the child? Oops...I mean son.

Well, for many the story is bought hook/line/sinker. Child killed by bad white guy. When I saw Z as white Hispanic another red flag...

lezgetreal.com...

The press has labeled George Zimmerman a “white Hispanic.” It is a misnomer. His mother is Peruvian, but we have no idea where she fits on the Latin American spectrum of ethnic and racial identities. His father is Jewish. He was born in the United States Zimmerman should not be labeled as any particular race. The use of the term “white Hispanic” by the press in the Zimmerman-Martin case is an attempt to fit it neatly into the racial context of a hate crime.

The manipulation by MSM is being missed by many.

Sheeple effectively rounded up and herded in desired direction. Now, on to the further invasion of Africa, stay tuned. Do not take your eyes off the viewing screen...you are getting sleepy, very very sleepy.

~is still a rose

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Are riots brewing up right now?

We know what happened once before in LA.... could it be about to happen again?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Are riots brewing up right now?

We know what happened once before in LA.... could it be about to happen again?

Yes, I would tell you a story but it has been deemed off topic.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
There is bigger issue here. It lays with the Florida law. Whoever legislated and convince others to approve such law MUST be held accountable.

It seems that now I can simply MURDER anyone UNARMED I don't like in Florida or states that have such laws, with a gun and claim 'the other guy was reaching for my gun, so it is my right to murder him'. More so done in the night when most folks are sleeping and witness tales dubious at best.

WIth regards to Tray's case, the murderer had NO evidence that Tray was burglar nor had Tray attacked with any burglary tool. All this murderer with a gun in plain clothes saw was only a black kid out at night, followed Tray and made Tray suspicious of this murderer's motives, enought for Tray to confront him courageously as any man who felt threatened would similarly do so.

If this murderer walks free, then Florida had just signalled to the americans, if not the world, that murder carries no penalty there. Human hunting season has open in Florida
edit on 27-3-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

Provided that you can come up with a witness and facial injuries to corroborate your version of said account to the police, then yes human hunting season has indeed begun.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You do not lose your rights, unless you throw the FIRST punch....or make physical contact FIRST.

You do not lose your rights to self defense for following or talking to someone because you ignore someone else's advice.....

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
No one wants riot to happen.

But at least the community, espacially in Florida, must make sense of what happened to fellow american citizens.

The basic facts of the case was that a 17 year old child, still only a child for he would never have been approved to join the army to carry a weapon, was UNARMED but MURDERED by a man in plainclothes carrying a gun in the dark night.

Worse is when the murderer made claims that 'Tray went for his gun' - an incomprehensible SPIN on reality to justify his murder in the absence of direct witness, let alone any human right on an armed man firing upon an unarmed child.

Regardless of what Tray had been doing, all the murderer saw was a black kid walking in the night and decided to trial him, making Tray suspicious enough to confront him UNARMED on what's going on as a natural human response, but ended him being murdered by a plainclothes man with a gun.

It is irrelevant if Tray was a burglar, or a 9 ft 600pound giant. He was just another person, a FREE american, out on the streets at night, a night not under curfew status,in a state of peace. YET, he was murdered by the killer, whom knew NOTHING about Tray, but yet sought fit to murder him in for his UNARMED confrontation.

My post have nothing to do with racial issues, for what had happened to that black kid could have happen to anyone - white, yellow, red, etc in the hands of an animal or in the least a man with no control over his responsibilities and actions, or even the 2nd amendment rule, for I will still support gun ownership. A gun does not kill, but it is the person holding it that kills. A gun is a power over unarmed others, BUT with that power comes RESPONSILITIES to others.

The murderer had shown no responsibility or remorse in gunning down Tray, and had even used lame excuses such as 'reaching out for his gun' to justify the murder. Worse with fools trying to downplay the issue, even here, and makes me wonder if they are runing dogs from their master the reprehensible anti-human Koch brothers and A.L.E.C.

Best the Florida State gov make a stand today, and hopefully, not one that claims the murderer is right and will walk free. Anything less than that would mean human hunting season has just open in the state of Florida and anyone is free to murder anyone else so long as they can say the words ' the other guy was reaching for my gun'.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
People seem to be unable to think through this logically, and most of those people have likely never been in a fight. Knee jerk liberals tend to condemn people for racism before thinking. Allow me to break it down:

Trayvon has a history of criminal activity, and was found carrying tools that can be used for B&E. Zimmerman called the cops dozens of times over the years, making me think he was very (overly) cautious and vigilant. Based upon these two facts it's likely that Zimmerman had seen Trayvon acting suspicious before, and thus decided to follow him to prevent him from causing mischief. This kid is not a saint - he's been suspended numerous times, abused drugs, and may/may not have punched a bus driver. Trayvon was also over 6 feet tall. Trayvon was shot, Zimmern had a broken nose and trauma to the back of his head.

How I think it unfolded:

Zimmerman follows Trayvon, Trayvon mouths off, Zimmerman responds, words are exchanged. One way or another (sucker punch or otherwise) Trayvon decks Zimmerman, breaking his nose. Zimmerman falls to the ground, Trayvon continues his assault. Trayvon mounts Zimmerman, throwing punches and trying to slam Zimmerman's head into the ground. For those of you that have not been in full contact martial arts or in a street fight, when you get caught with a punch, you get dizzy, start to see starbursts, and your mind gets cloudy. One of the easiest ways to knock somoene out in a street fight is to slam their head into the ground, bouncing the back of their head off the pavement, which is what it appears Trayvon did to Zimmerman. Zimmerman, starting to get woozy, seeing stars, knows he has a gun on his hip, and starts to worry "if I get KO'd, will this kid use my gun against me?" The answer is "maybe", and at that point he decides to fight for his life instead of be a victim, Zimmerman decides he'd rather shoot Trayvon than risk being shot with his own gun, he makes the decision and he shoots Trayvon.

It would have been nice if he just wounded Trayvon, but he didn't, he killed him. Is it still self defense? That's for a jury to decide, however in my eyes he was 100% justified.

Race is not a factor at all.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by Annee

You do not lose your rights, unless you throw the FIRST punch....or make physical contact FIRST.

You do not lose your rights to self defense for following or talking to someone because you ignore someone else's advice.....

Are you a lawyer?

Zimmerman created the situation - did not stay in his car - escalated the situation by pursuing - - - putting Tayvon in the position of defense and Stand Your Ground.

Zimmerman created the situation for Tayvon to fear for his life.

Vigilantism is not something law enforcement supports. If you take law into your own hands and someone is seriously injured (or dead) because of your actions - - - you are in deep doo doo.

I'm trying to stick to LOGIC - - not fueled by emotion or taking sides.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join