It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trayvon Martin Shooter Told Cops Teenager Went For His Gun

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Funshinez

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by MikeBoss

Following someone is not illegal. Asking them what they are doing is not illegal. Carrying a gun was not illegal in this case. If Trayvon attacked Zimmerman and was beating him on the ground, smashing his head he was the aggressor and the shooting was justifiable. If he went for his gun the shooting was justifiable. I think Zimmerman is an idiot, but there is no law against that.

Just because something is technically legal doesn't mean it's proper to do that thing.

Who cares about proper, we're not talking about proper here. We're talking about legal, should Zimmerman be in jail or not. If everything he did was legal but not PROPER, then the answer is NO.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Trayvon should'nt be dead . He was MURDERED. Zimmerman was'nt even neighborhood watch. You can look at him and tell something is'nt right upstairs. A life was lost. Forever. It's still a hate crime. Florida is a RACIST STATE. Justify that.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
There is bigger issue here. It lays with the Florida law. Whoever legislated and convince others to approve such law MUST be held accountable.

It seems that now I can simply MURDER anyone UNARMED I don't like in Florida or states that have such laws, with a gun and claim 'the other guy was reaching for my gun, so it is my right to murder him'. More so done in the night when most folks are sleeping and witness tales dubious at best.

WIth regards to Tray's case, the murderer had NO evidence that Tray was burglar nor had Tray attacked with any burglary tool. All this murderer with a gun in plain clothes saw was only a black kid out at night, followed Tray and made Tray suspicious of this murderer's motives, enought for Tray to confront him courageously as any man who felt threatened would similarly do so.

If this murderer walks free, then Florida had just signalled to the americans, if not the world, that murder carries no penalty there. Human hunting season has open in Florida
edit on 27-3-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by game over man

A concealed carry permit gives you the right to carry a LOADED firearm on your person as long as it is CONCEALED from view. Zimmerman has a concealed carry permit. This is Florida, not Washington or any other state of that nature that infringes on peoples rights to keep and bare arms.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Oannes

If you can judge a man by his looks and know what he is thinking, his mental state or his capabilities, then you should be selling your talent to the government. And that comment makes YOU sound RACIST. Sorry, but thats just the facts.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT
This thread needs some facts. Real facts. Not emotional rants. Here are the facts:

FACT: What Zimmerman was doing was not a smart thing. He is probably to blame for this happening.

FACT: At the same time, Zimmerman did nothing illegal. He should not be charged with anything.

FACT: Stop saying Treyvon was just walking home from getting some candy and soda. This is not a fact. You will never know this. Only Treyvon will ever know what he was doing out on the street that night.

FACT: Treyvon was not a kid. Stop calling him a child. He was a minor, but definitely not a "child."

FACT: Treyvon could have handled the situation better to prevent his death. If I was walking out on the street late at night and someone pulled up to me in a car asking what I was doing, I would probably tell them what I was doing. Not assault them because I was scared.

FACT: Both Zimmerman AND Treyvon are responsible for Treyvon's death. They both could have handled the situation better. At the same time, Zimmerman did nothing illegal.

1.Thats an opinion.
2."Should not". Also, there isnt really an official statement that says nothing he did was illegal. They havent "found out" anything. Yet.
3.Doesn't matter where he was walking regardless.
4.Does it make a difference? Someone getting shot is well....Someone getting shot.
5.Ignorant statement to make. Also not a fact.
BTW, I see your on Zims side as you stated he did nothign illegal twice.

Zim is an idiot and a wanna-be-cop (that backfired majorly), and Tray is a "NoLimit(Insert N word here)". Thats what his twitter Username was before
his family and friends figured out his password and erased all the dirt on him about being a drug dealer. (Supposedly)

All my friends get mad at me for not sensationalizing this ridiculous story. Just because I'm black doesn't mean I'm going to take sides. Lets see where this goes...I'm looking for facts. What I said is most likely false anyway, but I'll continue reading into it until I get bored.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
All you idiots jumping to conclusions and yelling bloody murder are directly contributing to the coming riots and further separation of the races.

Just please stop being ignorant morons. Or go buy a shirt that says "Dumb Ass Cracker" on it.

Always with the conclusions. Happened with the Human Wings Videos just like it is happening with this. Then when the true story comes out whoever was yelling bloody murder has no cojones or accountability to what he/she might have stirred up with their hateful opinions.

You people pushing this thing deserve everything you get as a result. Just like those ignorant New Black Panthers who are going against the Martin family's wishes just for attention.

Be the solution not the problem.

It's easy to say people just try it. "I don't know what happened because I wasn't there"

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Trayvon was currently suspended from school for drug possession. He had a juvenile record. Zimmerman claims that Trayvon punched him in the face and then repeatedly bashed his head into the sidewalk and witnesses are backing that up. So why on earth is there all of this outrage that a violent drug user with a criminal record was shot while attempting to murder somebody? Really I just don't get it. I suspected that the liberal media was hiding something about this kid the first time I heard this story on the first day. Why on earth is every media outlet using pictures of him when he was 10 to 14? What is wrong with the pictures of him when he was 17? Did he look like a thug in all of his pictures?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by godfather420
All you idiots jumping to conclusions and yelling bloody murder are directly contributing to the coming riots and further separation of the races.

Just please stop being ignorant morons. Or go buy a shirt that says "Dumb Ass Cracker" on it.

Always with the conclusions. Happened with the Human Wings Videos just like it is happening with this. Then when the true story comes out whoever was yelling bloody murder has no cojones or accountability to what he/she might have stirred up with their hateful opinions.

You people pushing this thing deserve everything you get as a result. Just like those ignorant New Black Panthers who are going against the Martin family's wishes just for attention.

Be the solution not the problem.

It's easy to say people just try it. "I don't know what happened because I wasn't there"

You are part of the problem when you deny the basic facts and label those who disagree with you as 'idiots' and a whole lot of other unsavory names.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988
Trayvon was currently suspended from school for drug possession. He had a juvenile record. Zimmerman claims that Trayvon punched him in the face and then repeatedly bashed his head into the sidewalk and witnesses are backing that up. So why on earth is there all of this outrage that a violent drug user with a criminal record was shot while attempting to murder somebody? Really I just don't get it. I suspected that the liberal media was hiding something about this kid the first time I heard this story on the first day. Why on earth is every media outlet using pictures of him when he was 10 to 14? What is wrong with the pictures of him when he was 17? Did he look like a thug in all of his pictures?

The Eff are you talking about? Everything you cited has what to do with the murder that took place? How did Zimmerman know any of those details?

Why did you just cite Trayvon as a "violent drug user" when there is no proof of such? If anything Zimmerman has the reported "violent" background.

What is looking like a thug? The thugs I know wear either expensive suits or police uniforms, which did Trayvonn have on?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

No common sense would be not to fight in the first place ever, second if you see the person has the gun you gtfo of there.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

##snipped##

I do not choose a side because I don't want to be a part of the Jump-To-Conclusion-Oops-It-Didn't-Happen-The-Way-I-Thought bandwagon. Please tell me the side I have chosen because I do not even know. All I know is a whole bunch of stupid people who just wanna claim they were first to know are taking sides before they even know the full story and starting a coast to coast outrage over mostly speculation.

edit on Tue Mar 27 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by coop039

We dont know if he saw the gun before the fight or not. Most likely during the skuffle it became visable. He wasnt walking around with a western holster with a colt on his side. He was a concealed carrier.

Thinking about how things happen on the street, if someone you don't know asks who you are and what you're doing, you usually ignore them or tell them to *** off and mind their own business.

My guess is that Zimmerman approached Martin in a hostile fashion, made threats, and possibly ordered him to leave without knowing that Martin was legitimately there. Martin told him to **** off and quit following him. Zimmerman was enraged by some punk dare usurp his "authority" as a self appointed neighborhood watch captain, and brandished his weapon to intimidate Martin to comply. Martin was then forced into a situation in which he had to choose to stand his own ground in self defense, or risk injury/death from this unknown, armed stalker/assailant.

Zimmerman had the right to ask Martin why he was there, but he lacked the authority to force compliance. If Martin had ignored him, the correct thing to do would have been to wait for the police to show up and sort it out under proper authority. Zimmerman made several errors that night which led to Martins death. He should be held accountable for it.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Also can somone post a link to where it actually shows Trayvon was suspended, a drug dealer, and all the other allegations against him? Im not taking any sides to this. Just want all the facts.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

Oh really? Tell me more about how you were there that night and witnessed everything.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayFlores
reply to post by game over man

A concealed carry permit gives you the right to carry a LOADED firearm on your person as long as it is CONCEALED from view. Zimmerman has a concealed carry permit. This is Florida, not Washington or any other state of that nature that infringes on peoples rights to keep and bare arms.

I had a CCW in Florida for many years, and have a current Washington CPL. You may be surprised to find that a CPL is much easier to get in Washington than a CCW was in Florida. Washington is a "shall issue" state, and as long as you're not barred from owning a firearm due to criminal history or mental incapacity you're guaranteed the right to have and carry a concealed weapon.

Having a CCW in Florida simply authorizes you to carry a concealed weapon. It's not a license to question others, nor is it allowed for the weapon to be used to intimidate others.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by parkwoods21
reply to post by ~Vixen~

Oh really? Tell me more about how you were there that night and witnessed everything.

Quit being a troll. If you disagree with my guess, please state why.

No I wasn't there that night. I was at home 5 miles away from the crime scene. You?

edit on 3/27/2012 by ~Vixen~ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988

Zimmerman should never have gotten out of his car and confronted Tayvon.

Its that simple.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

IMHO. If Florida had "Open Carry Laws" none of this would have ever happened. Being forced in Florida to obtain a "conceal carry permit" is just a way to generate revenue. Open Carry by Zimmerman would have shown all he was armed. It would have made one think twice about a confrontation. It is a great deterent to being a victim of a crime.

Here in N.C. we have Open Carry. Unless a business has signage on it's store front, Stateing NO WEAPONS ALLOWED or the like. I am free to walk on in and shop. The store owner nor employee's have zero say whatso ever. Trust me, I have put this to the test on more than one occasion. Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart etc etc etc.

Ive been stopped and told I can't enter. I simply walk them to the store front, hand them a pocket edition of the statutes, ask them where there NO WEAPONS SIGN is and go about my way. Ive had the police called on me while in store. They approached me questioned as to why I was at store. Asked me if my firearm was legal, checked my I.D. and told the store manager the exact same thing I told him.

I still shop there, they still have no sign. I still carry. Ever walked into a Walmart with a Glock 40cal on your hip? You get some looks. Ever went to a job estimate in a bad neighborhood? Ever been robbed? Ever been a victim of violent crime? If you say no to all of those, don't even ask why I open carry.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join