It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trayvon Martin Shooter Told Cops Teenager Went For His Gun

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion

More and more facts are coming forward on what kind of person this T guy was. The MSM has this kids looking like he fell from heaven to save the world from tyranny. It’s ridiculous.

Yup, here's one out today.

New details deepen Trayvon Martin controversy

www.cbsnews.com...

MSM needs to read ATS to get the scoop.

edit on 3/27/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Yah it's Zimmerman's fault because he is a member of the neighborhood watch, watching a criminal? Trayvon was an idiot for attacking a guy with a gun.

One person is a neighborhood watchman, one is a criminal, and you take the side of the criminal? Go figure. It's sad the kid died, but when you walk down the path he chose in life, sometimes you get killed. Being a 'gangsta' does not pay.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
No matter what comes out.

Nothing changes the fact Zimmerman created the situation - - that resulted in death of a 17 year old.

Even if Tayvon attacked Zimmerman - - - out of fear for his own life - - - he seems to have proven that by being dead.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Before this takes a turn, I want to be sure to mention that at ANY size, if someone has a gun and YOU dont, you will ALWAYS go for the gun, its not gangster... its common sense.

Peace, NRE.

Wrong. You put your hands up and don't resist, IF you want to live. If you are two thugs in Harlem, that's one thing, but in this situation, going for his gun was clearly a stupid thing to do...he's dead.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
No one wants riot to happen.

But at least the community, espacially in Florida, must make sense of what happened to fellow american citizens.

The basic facts of the case was that a 17 year old child, still only a child for he would never have been approved to join the army to carry a weapon, was UNARMED but MURDERED by a man in plainclothes carrying a gun in the dark night.

Worse is when the murderer made claims that 'Tray went for his gun' - an incomprehensible SPIN on reality to justify his murder in the absence of direct witness, let alone any human right on an armed man firing upon an unarmed child.

Regardless of what Tray had been doing, all the murderer saw was a black kid walking in the night and decided to trial him, making Tray suspicious enough to confront him UNARMED on what's going on as a natural human response, but ended him being murdered by a plainclothes man with a gun.

It is irrelevant if Tray was a burglar, or a 9 ft 600pound giant. He was just another person, a FREE american, out on the streets at night, a night not under curfew status,in a state of peace. YET, he was murdered by the killer, whom knew NOTHING about Tray, but yet sought fit to murder him in for his UNARMED confrontation.

My post have nothing to do with racial issues, for what had happened to that black kid could have happen to anyone - white, yellow, red, etc in the hands of an animal or in the least a man with no control over his responsibilities and actions, or even the 2nd amendment rule, for I will still support gun ownership. A gun does not kill, but it is the person holding it that kills. A gun is a power over unarmed others, BUT with that power comes RESPONSILITIES to others.

The murderer had shown no responsibility or remorse in gunning down Tray, and had even used lame excuses such as 'reaching out for his gun' to justify the murder. Worse with fools trying to downplay the issue, even here, and makes me wonder if they are runing dogs from their master the reprehensible anti-human Koch brothers and A.L.E.C.

Best the Florida State gov make a stand today, and hopefully, not one that claims the murderer is right and will walk free. Anything less than that would mean human hunting season has just open in the state of Florida and anyone is free to murder anyone else so long as they can say the words ' the other guy was reaching for my gun'.

Can you please stop referring to Mr. Zimmerman as a murderer? He has not yet been tried and convicted so labeling him as a murderer is a bit premature, unless of course you relish in displaying your ignorance of legal terminology. This incident happened about a month ago and despite all the publicity it has received, Mr. Zimmerman has not yet been arrested. This in itself should tell you which version the evidence corroborates. Do yourself a favor and reserve your judgement until all the facts have been presented.
edit on 27-3-2012 by PotKettle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Do you actually think Trayvon feared for his life? A 17 year old "gangsta?" One think about teenagers, they think they're infallible. What history does Zimmerman have that would make you think he threatened Trayvon? None. Since when does keeping an eye on a suspicious person, a person who IS suspicious and probably prides themselves in being suspicious (the kid got suspended 3 times, you think he respects rules/authority?) a crime? I would gladly have Zimmerman patrolling my neighborhood to keep kids people from breaking into my car or home.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by MikeBoss

Following someone is not illegal. Asking them what they are doing is not illegal. Carrying a gun was not illegal in this case. If Trayvon attacked Zimmerman and was beating him on the ground, smashing his head he was the aggressor and the shooting was justifiable. If he went for his gun the shooting was justifiable. I think Zimmerman is an idiot, but there is no law against that.

Sorry but the police told Zimmerman to NOT follow this kid..When he chose to follow him anyway he became the aggressor plain and simple..He cant claim self defense when HE went after the kid...Its a crime he is not in jail..

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocAdama
reply to post by Annee

What history does Zimmerman have that would make you think he threatened Trayvon? None.

Zimmerman has a record of domestic abuse.
Zimmerman has harassed black children as young as 8.
Zimmerman used racial epithets while referring to black people.
Zimmerman had a gun.
Zimmerman continued to pursue the the child even after having been told not to.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

putting Tayvon in the position of defense and Stand Your Ground.

I bet Zimmerman didn't use a polite approach either. But is that an excuse for TM to start beating his ass? He could say "mind your own business" and walk away.
edit on 27-3-2012 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocAdama
reply to post by Annee

Yah it's Zimmerman's fault because he is a member of the neighborhood watch, watching a criminal? Trayvon was an idiot for attacking a guy with a gun.

One person is a neighborhood watchman, one is a criminal, and you take the side of the criminal? Go figure. It's sad the kid died, but when you walk down the path he chose in life, sometimes you get killed. Being a 'gangsta' does not pay.

A neighbourhood watchman does an important job, BUT is NOT a policeman. He ASSIST in police cases, not take matters into his own hand. The murderer had taken such and acting out of his jurisdiction by trailing a FREE AMERICAN CITIZEN, despite even orders not to do so.

Tray had done NOTHING to justify what the murderer had done. Tray was a FREE AMERICAN CITIZEN walking at night, NOT a crime in the THEN peaceful state of Florida. The murderer knew NOTHING of who and what Tray was, is irrelevant, and even he knew, there is NO JUSTIFICATION to commit SUMMARY EXECUTION upon another FREE AMERICAN CITIZEN without a fair trial, which Tray had not even been given.

There can be NO justification over what the murderer had done. IT is nothing more than COLD BLOODED MURDER. Plain and simple. The BASIC facts stand. Anything else at this point of time is pure gloss and spin. Murder is murder, AND IT WILL NEVER BE CONDONE, regardless if committed by white, black, yellow, red, etc.

I am glad fellow humanity took a stand now to support such views. Best the Florida State gov comes clean, and do what it must to reassure the confidence of the entire nation.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
where i grew up if some one is following you trying to confront you, i dont wait for them to make the first move as the "aggressor".

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by Annee

You do not lose your rights, unless you throw the FIRST punch....or make physical contact FIRST.

You do not lose your rights to self defense for following or talking to someone because you ignore someone else's advice.....

Are you a lawyer?

Zimmerman created the situation - did not stay in his car - escalated the situation by pursuing - - - putting Tayvon in the position of defense and Stand Your Ground.

Zimmerman created the situation for Tayvon to fear for his life.

Vigilantism is not something law enforcement supports. If you take law into your own hands and someone is seriously injured (or dead) because of your actions - - - you are in deep doo doo.

I'm trying to stick to LOGIC - - not fueled by emotion or taking sides.

For someone claiming to use logic your post does not not live up to your billing. Please explain using the facts of this case how you used logic to deduce that someone getting out of a car creates causes someone to "fear for his life." Also, please show me the Florida statute that states, "if you take law into your own hands and someone is seriously injured (or dead) because of your actions - - - you are in deep doo doo." Obviously, you a are a lawyer as your as vast knowledge of the law would indicate so you should be able to answer these simple questions.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FuturePeace

come on , a guy in a SUV in a nice neighbourhood. I'd figure Its going to be a nosey neighbour rather than someone who is going to attack me.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PotKettle
For someone claiming to use logic your post does not not live up to your billing. Please explain using the facts of this case how you used logic to deduce that someone getting out of a car creates causes someone to "fear for his life." Also, please show me the Florida statute that states, "if you take law into your own hands and someone is seriously injured (or dead) because of your actions - - - you are in deep doo doo." Obviously, you a are a lawyer as your as vast knowledge of the law would indicate so you should be able to answer these simple questions.

Where am I lacking logic?

I've stuck to one point. Zimmerman created the situation - did not stay in his car - escalated the situation by pursuing.

Vigilantism (taking law into your own hands) is not supported by law enforcement.

If someone is injured (or dead) because of taking law into your own hands and creating a situation for it to happen - - - you are in serious trouble.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarryNights

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by MikeBoss

Following someone is not illegal. Asking them what they are doing is not illegal. Carrying a gun was not illegal in this case. If Trayvon attacked Zimmerman and was beating him on the ground, smashing his head he was the aggressor and the shooting was justifiable. If he went for his gun the shooting was justifiable. I think Zimmerman is an idiot, but there is no law against that.

Sorry but the police told Zimmerman to NOT follow this kid..When he chose to follow him anyway he became the aggressor plain and simple..He cant claim self defense when HE went after the kid...Its a crime he is not in jail..

Actually, he can claim self defense as following someone is not against the law. And yes seeing as how you have already condemned Zimmerman without having seen all of the evidence, it is probably a good thing that you have little influence over our justice system.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Where am I lacking logic?

I've stuck to one point. Zimmerman created the situation - did not stay in his car - escalated the situation by pursuing.

Vigilantism (taking law into your own hands) is not supported by law enforcement.

If someone is injured (or dead) because of taking law into your own hands and creating a situation for it to happen - - - you are in serious trouble.

I asked you to explain your reasoning since you are the one who claiming to use logic. I did not ask you to regurgitate how you think the law should be applied. I did not realize that the simple act of getting out of a car could be deemed life threatening but then again perhaps I am not using logic.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by Annee

You do not lose your rights, unless you throw the FIRST punch....or make physical contact FIRST.

You do not lose your rights to self defense for following or talking to someone because you ignore someone else's advice.....

Are you a lawyer?

Zimmerman created the situation - did not stay in his car - escalated the situation by pursuing - - - putting Tayvon in the position of defense and Stand Your Ground.

Zimmerman created the situation for Tayvon to fear for his life.

Vigilantism is not something law enforcement supports. If you take law into your own hands and someone is seriously injured (or dead) because of your actions - - - you are in deep doo doo.

I'm trying to stick to LOGIC - - not fueled by emotion or taking sides.

On the 911 tapes Zimmerman did admit that trayvon was looking at him then started to run away so I think he did know he was causing a situation were Trayvon feared for his life.
edit on 27-3-2012 by avat178 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomXisntXFree
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Following him resulted into scaring a kid doing nothing wrong.

Haha, are you trolling or serious? I can't tell!
So a kid with a backpack full of marriage rings and other expensive jewelry isn't doing (or has done) something wrong? Despite him having break in tools like a screw driver...

I mean seriously, this little punk Trayvon was out creeping the neighborhood looking for some cash for drugs. (It's already proven he was a druggie) He wasn't some innocent kid "going home from school" (which he was suspended for), he was just another criminal prowling another neighborhood looking for some quick cash.

I will say that Zimmerman shouldn't have been following a potentially dangerous criminal, but coming here trying to make a thug look like an innocent child is idiotic.

Pic related.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PotKettle

All you have to do is ask yourself this: Does Trayvon get shot if he does not ATTACK Zimmerman? The answer is no. Trayvon did more than that, he took the fight to the ground and tried to bash his head in. If the call is between getting KO'd by a vicious thug and risk death or shooting someone, anyone interested in self preservation will choose the later.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
So what happens if this goes to trial and George is found innocent?...

Will the nation blow up, again?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join