It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trayvon Martin Shooter Told Cops Teenager Went For His Gun

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by MikeBoss

Following someone is not illegal. Asking them what they are doing is not illegal. Carrying a gun was not illegal in this case. If Trayvon attacked Zimmerman and was beating him on the ground, smashing his head he was the aggressor and the shooting was justifiable. If he went for his gun the shooting was justifiable. I think Zimmerman is an idiot, but there is no law against that.

That is true but there is civil court and that will be a whole other matter.....

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I don't look at this case as a race war. I look at it as protecting our 2nd Amendment rights. It's an overweight man who is not trained in hand to hand combat or martial arts. He could have used mace or pepper spray, or a taser.

Did he bring handcuffs? He used a gun to kill Trayvon. Lazy American using a gun. People should realize this is a lazy overweight American using a gun to solve a problem.

Horrible.

Now the racism is prevalent in American because of the response from the media and the response American people, all about race.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
ALL HEARSAY just like treyvons mom said it *sounded* like
my son. SHE WAS NOT THERE, the g/f was not there,
the key eye witness the OP is speaking of WAS.
9-11 tapes, the eye witness testimony which is not hearsay
because they were their watching it, which lines up
with zimmermans story, that it is zimmerman screaming
for help and the eye witness saw treyvon beating
the # out of zimmerman, thats when the shot was fired
after treyvon already attacked zimmerman had him on his
back and in fear for his life screaming for help.
Zimmerman was acting in self defense. STOP
believing the MSM and all the hearsay
and stop with the han whitey rhetoric makes me
sick people have done a modern day lynchmob
and the black panthers got a bounty on zimmerman
proving they want to hang whitey.. Dangerous road
you zimmerman deniers are going down
He went for ZIMMERMANS gun!?!!?
Op nail hit on the head, ZIMMERMAN acted
in self defense. The MSM trying to start a race war

dude are you george zimmerman??? lol

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut

dude are you george zimmerman??? lol

Loll, I thought the same thing, this person is vigorously campaigning for this killer as if he is running for president or something.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
These hang zimmerman folks got another
thing coming buddy. The bounty the
black panthers have on his head, they
better bring 10 men because zimmermans
A pretty damn good shot.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I'm not going to comment on this case till we know all the facts. I'm pretty sure there are many things about this case that we don't know, and may never find out about. I think the media is playing a dangerous game here with Zimmerman... But we don't know what happened!

I do think Zimerman was/is an idiot for following the kid, but you can't hang anyone for being an idiot!!

So I will refrain from judgement till we find out what happened.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Well sure there is, lil treyvon was trying
to kill zimmerman!!! He had every right
to use his gun on someone trying to kill him.
If treyvon was on top of your wife beating her face in
and you did not know if he had a gun or not
you would scream for help help and wait for the police
show up 15 min. later?
As she lays there dead.
YOU WOULD SHOOT him and if you wouldn't
your a coward.
If zimmerman did not have a gun how could
he protect himself while watching the neighbor
and some armed thugs are breaking into a house?
Wait for the police IF they see you they will kill you.
He needed a gun for a situation like this.
edit on 26-3-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Is the eye witness in the neighborhood watch too?Also how do they link young black kids to the recent burglaries?Just asking...........

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
WHY are there so many god damn threads on this?

WHO CARES? Seriously.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by wildapache

It's unfortunate that this has turned out this way,and people forget a 17year old unarmed kid got shot by a 28 year armed self proclaim neighborhood watch captain.Now they say Treyvon came back to kick his ass.Ok let me putting this way:In order for that kid to come back and confront him,he had to notice the douche bag walking behind him,then it would take a little longer for him to be convinced he is being followed.If you ask me,that's a long way to follow someone and don't expect altercation.And for God's sake,what the hell is he doing following the kid if he can't take a swing?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

It's incredible you trot around here, proclaiming Zimmerman innocent.
what is he innocent of? it's a fact he shot a child.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
As far as I'm concerned - - Zimmerman lost all rights when he continued to pursue.

...and just where did you read he continued to pursue. You have crime scene map and deduced the distance from the time Zimmerman called and said he meet the police at his truck? No. You have eyewitness testimony? No

Quit making up bs...

The Sentinel, citing unidentified authorities, said that is the account Zimmerman gave to police, and much of it has been corroborated by witnesses.

Zimmerman has not spoken publicly about what happened, but on that night, Feb. 26, and in later meetings, he described and re-enacted for police what he says happened.

According to his version of events, the Sentinel said, he had turned around and was walking back to his SUV when Martin approached him from behind, the two exchanged words and then Martin punched him in the nose, sending him to the ground, and began beating him. Zimmerman, 28, told police he shot the teenager in self-defense.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
source

edit on 27-3-2012 by Regenmacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildapache
.....self proclaim neighborhood watch captain.

This is yet another instance of made up of bs....

Zimmerman, who was captain of the neighborhood watch and licensed to carry a gun, made 46 calls to police since 2004, according to department records.

"If you've been the victim of a crime within the community, after calling the police, please contact our captain, George Zimmerman ... so we can be aware and help address the issue with other residents," the newsletter said. It added that the neighborhood watch group was looking for more participants at its monthly meetings.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
source

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
That fat ass should be locked up in prison, you have no right to follow someone just because you feel they are suspicious. Then to confront him he got his ass beat and was scared and pulled his gun and shot the kid dead. Zimmerman you a piece of sh*t.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
That fat ass should be locked up in prison, you have no right to follow someone just because you feel they are suspicious. Then to confront him he got his ass beat and was scared and pulled his gun and shot the kid dead. Zimmerman you a piece of sh*t.

You better read up on the law, before you end up in the morgue also.

It's illegal to assault anyone for following you and you'd be a real fool to assault anyone with a sidearm, who just got off the phone with emergency services.

Martin could of called 911 as well, but failed to do so.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by kosmicjack

So lemme get this straight...teenager walking down the street, minding his own business, gets confronted by older dude who had been following him, dude has a gun. Poor kid probably thought he was about to get abducted or worse. Who WOULDN'T go for the gun!? Zimmerman is still the first aggressor.

Zimmerman was an idiot to confront the kid. Again that's not illegal. I have seen nothing to indicate the gun was in plain sight until after Trayvon allegedly attacked Zimmerman. Zimmerman may very well not be the first physical aggressor, and that's the real issue. I don't think he was. I don't think people call the police if they are intending to shoot someone in cold blood/start a fist fight. I think Trayvon reacted poorly and tragically to Zimmermans idiotic (but legal) actions, and Trayvons actions got him killed. I believe that is why he wasn't charged with a crime.

As I have said in two other threads, and then I'm letting it die:

Zimmerman is an irresponsible gun owner. He is too fearful and reactionary. He may even have prejudice, who knows. The point is, his big mistake that night was packing his gun out of fear and following Trayvon. According to the 911 call, he said, "These a## get away all the time". Sounds to me like Zimmerman was determined to get SOMEONE that night, right then, no matter what, going as far as not heeding to the advice of the dispatch to not approach. Doesn't matter if the action was legal, it's a matter of using your head, and not misusing your gun. If Zimmerman had not been hell bent on catching Trayvon, he'd be alive today. IMO Zimmerman set off this firestorm, and it ended tragically.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher

Martin could of called 911 as well, but failed to do so.

And Zimmerman should have heeded to the advice of the dispatcher not to approach, and failed to do so. He decided to take everything into his own hands, and this is the outcome. And had Zimmerman not followed him as he did, then maybe Trayvon would have kept on walking out of there.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

A dispatcher saying 'We don't need you to do that.' is NOT an instruction, and certainly not from actual law enforcement

It was ADVICE that should have been HEEDED by a dispatch who has been trained to handle emergencies or crimes in progress. Just because dispatch is not law enforcement does not discredit them in anyway, since they take the calls and give instructions. They told Zimmerman not to follow for a reason.

As for Zimmerman going to prison, he won't be safe there either. They would have to segregate him.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
reply to post by Annee

Where did you get that information "continue to pursue"? According to witnesses and police the story is different. Read this article.

Zimmerman got out of his car.

Zimmerman was pursuing on foot. He was taking the law into his own hands.

Again - - Zimmerman created the situation - - he escalated the situation.

I've been part of a Neighborhood watch. You are to observe only. You are never to get out of your car.

If Zimmerman had followed correct protocol for Neighborhood watch - - - a kid would not be dead.

^ a thousand times, this.

And with that I'm done commenting on all Trayvon threads, as it's repetitive now. I'm looking forward to the trial and hope to see justice served. At least Zimmerman will be given a fair trial, which is more than what he gave to Trayvon for what he thought was suspicious activity.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

edit on 27-3-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join