It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trayvon Martin Shooter Told Cops Teenager Went For His Gun

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan

Originally posted by BIGPoJo

Please watch the video in the link, it has some FACTS for a change. For people who don't know, Trayvon was 6' 200 lbs. He could have seriously injured or killed Zimmerman if he not have acted in self defense. To put it into perspective, I have seen a 5' 150 person break another adult's jaw in one hit. Imagine being pounded on the ground over and over again. What would you do if you had a gun at your disposal?

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

that does not mean Martin started the fight, the self defense # is BULLCRAP.
If Zimmerman wants to be a little neighborhood bully, then 17 year olds shouldn't be able to put him in his place.

Zimmerman harassed him, Zimmerman shot him. He should be in jail. good night.

Zimmerman questioned him.....Martin attacked him...Martin went for his gun....Zimmerman shot him.

Bully.....no
Wise....no
Right to profile given recent burglaries....yes

What right did Zimmerman have to question him? Being a self appointed member of a neighborhood watch program does not give you legal authority. Zimmerman was supposed to be carrying a concealed weapon so how was Martin supposed to go for a gun that he shouldn't have been able to see?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
update zimmerman has been recieving death
threats this is sick zimmerman death threats
Thats right folks lynch mob is out in full swing!
This is america INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Well sure there is, lil treyvon was trying
to kill zimmerman!!! He had every right
to use his gun on someone trying to kill him.
If treyvon was on top of your wife beating her face in
and you did not know if he had a gun or not
you would scream for help help and wait for the police
show up 15 min. later?
As she lays there dead.
YOU WOULD SHOOT him and if you wouldn't
your a coward.
If zimmerman did not have a gun how could
he protect himself while watching the neighbor
and some armed thugs are breaking into a house?
Wait for the police IF they see you they will kill you.
He needed a gun for a situation like this.
edit on 26-3-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

He needed a gun for a situation he put himself in? The kid was walking down the street not breaking in anywhere so Zimmerman had no right whatsoever to stop him at all.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

It was a lynch mob when he chased and harrased that infant he shot,that was really sick of zimmerman to do,and God will have no mercy on his soul...The devil shall be waiting.

Zimmerman went all out huh,he created the ultimate sin,lol.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Guess Zimmerman forgot that huh? He had no problem looking at Martin like he was guilty.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Guess Zimmerman forgot that huh? He had no problem looking at Martin like he was guilty.

Well it is reported he is with friends
and they are heavily armed.
Seeing how things turned out for
treyvon, I would be careful messing
with zimmerman he sure can shoot,
and i'm sure his buddies can too.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Well it is reported he is with friends
and they are heavily armed.
Seeing how things turned out for
treyvon, I would be careful messing
with zimmerman he sure can shoot,
and i'm sure his buddies can too.

HE cant hide forever, and forever they will look for him...thats the funny thing,one day they will find him AND find him they will.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Why is it so difficult for people to withhold their judgments until they know all the facts? Seriously, how can you know who was right or wrong, what was legal or illegal, if you only have bits and pieces of the full story? My goodness people.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenmacher

You better read up on the law, before you end up in the morgue also.

I don't give a **** what the law says, and I don't really care if I end up in a morgue.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

This just doesn't make any sense. Trevyor Martin was on his way home with a can of coke & some candy, he wasn't out looking for trouble he actually called a friend on the phone saying someone was following him. Zimmerman on the other hand was out looking for something, yes that was his job but he would have been pumped up at least a bit.

You mean to tell me the guy who just wants to go home is the one who suddenly attacks Zimmerman from behind while he's walking back to his truck? Really? When his path back home was all clear & he was free to go? For no reason??

It doesn't make any sense.

Zimmerman is not being entirely truthful here, something else happened that night that he is leaving out. He's painting himself out to be a complete innocent who was jumped & viciously attacked with no provocation. I don't buy that one bit.

ps. And if he's leaving it out, you can bet your bottom dollar it hurts his case.
edit on 27-3-2012 by marker3221 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman

Originally posted by Regenmacher

Martin could of called 911 as well, but failed to do so.
edit on 27-3-2012 by Regenmacher because: (no reason given)

And Zimmerman should have heeded to the advice of the dispatcher not to approach, and failed to do so. He decided to take everything into his own hands, and this is the outcome. And had Zimmerman not followed him as he did, then maybe Trayvon would have kept on walking out of there.

Exactly where did you read he failed to heed advice? Show me your crime scene map and time stamp of the cell call.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by Regenmacher

You better read up on the law, before you end up in the morgue also.

I don't give a **** what the law says, and I don't really care if I end up in a morgue.

Have a look here:
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 27-3-2012 by Regenmacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Seriously some of you are just over complicating this. Let's apply some common sense. Okay, there had been a number of robberies in the neighborhood. Now in regards to Zimmerman. If he had seen Trayvon and thought something might be up. He should have left his weapon elsewhere or better concealed it from view if he was that worried about being attacked in approaching him. In my opinion the logical thing would have been to ask Trayvon if he needed assistance? To ask if he was having trouble finding an address and needed directions. To show concern, rather than a sense of confrontation. Unfortunately without witnesses who were close enough to hear any conversation between the two. We don't know for sure, other than for Zimmerman's account.

I'm sorry but if the kid had any common sense and situational awareness. If you are walking around a neighborhood or street at night. You should be aware enough to realize people may see your actions as worrying. Especially if your not known in that area. I feel his attire, is not an excuse. But if he was wearing darker colored clothes which can be hard to identify. Then I can understand how Zimmerman may have profiled him as a prowler, in his mind. That doesn't mean I'm implying you need to wear high-vis at night, but you need to be willing to put yourself in both individuals shoes.

The biggest issue I feel would've been paranoia on the parts of both individuals. It seems in that community, in that region. Regardless of appearance or ethnicity. If someone approaches you at night, most people must expect they are going to be assaulted, violated or intimidated in some way. That's the bigger issue in all this.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Here's probably what happened...

First you have a guy who is (in the worst case) a busy-body do-gooder cop-wanna-be, or, (in the
best case) a concerned denizen of a small community who felt it was his duty to help stop crime in
his neighborhood----Given his many calls to 911, I'm leaning toward cop-wanna-be who really
wanted to stop crime in his neighborhood.

Second you have a young strong athletic football player who "probably" smoked marijuana, was not
above petty theft and had been suspended for graffiti vandalism.

Both guys seem pretty normal. So here's what happened IMO.

Zimmerman follows Trayvon. He calls the cops to report a suspicious person. The operator gives
Zimmerman the stock, safe, answer he has always been given, "...back-off, we are on the way.".
This frustrates Zimmerman who has heard this answer before, so he decides to confront Trayvon.

Trayvon has probably seen Zimmerman watching and following him. They probably have exchanged
suspicious glances. The tension mounts as Zimmerman gets bolder and drives up closer to Trayvon.

Trayvon stops, Zimmerman stops the car. Zimmerman opens the door, steps out.

"What are doing around, here?"

"What do you mean, what am I doing? It ain't none of your damn business. What are you doing?"

They exchange more angry words, They get closer. They get angrier. Somebody crosses the line.
Either Trayvon throws a punch, or Zimmerman shows the gun and Trayvon reacts aggressively
out of fear. They fight. Trayvon gets the best of Zimmerman, and Zimmerman uses his gun.

----------

Now...I don't know if it happened this way or not, only Zimmerman knows, but it seems likely something like this happened.

My opinion is this, if Zimmerman got out of his car and confronted Trayvon, he bears criminal
responsibility for the killing, because regardless of intent, he initiated the contact that escalated
into a murder. He is responsible.

If Trayvon decided to approach Zimmerman and initiated contact, then Zimmerman should have stayed
in his vehicle and waited for the police...even if Trayvon punched him through the window.

SO.....Zimmerman is guilty of some degree of a murder charge for Trayvon's death. He is culpable
because his actions and his actions alone led to the killing. At the very least, had he not followed
Trayvon, Trayvon would still be alive, and those of us STILL too ignorant to see beyond the color
of someone's skin wouldn't have to be debating whether or not Latino is Caucasian...and a mother
wouldn't be grieving her dead son.

edit on 27-3-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

lmao STOP trolling guy.

The most simple way to put it is that Zim caused ALL of this. I'm not taking sides, but come on.
Even if Tray was a stone cold killer, you don't take the law into your own hands. Do your job, call
the police, and wait till they get there.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

Originally posted by dthwraith
In the soon to follow riots I hope all the blacks remember to attack any random mexican they see. Leave us whites outta this one!!!

He is half-white and Hispanic, so both side will get it. He has more white in him then Spanish, because a Spanish person would of never did that ,...its the white that’s in his blood that made him do it.

Wow....
Racist much?
In the whites blood? Really?
So now hispanics dont commit crimes?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

It was a lynch mob when he chased and harrased that infant he shot,that was really sick of zimmerman to do,and God will have no mercy on his soul...The devil shall be waiting.

Zimmerman went all out huh,he created the ultimate sin,lol.

So now Trayvon was an infant? Who was chased? Thats one hell of an infant at 6' and 180lbs, I feel sorry for his mom giving birth.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomXisntXFree

This racial profiling arguement is BS, look at the stats, if the majority of the crimes are being committed by a specific group. Why would you waste your time looking at groups that are not commiting the bulk of the crimes. Profiling is done everyday at 100's of airports around the world, are they looking for old jewish women, or perhaps norweigns with a lisp, certainly not.

The bottom line is that in most communities the majority of crimes are committed by a small minority of individuals which happen to be young black males, period end of story. If you dislike the reality of this, then I would suggest you go into those communities and help turn these kids around, if not send them gift baskets to your local and state prisons because that's where they will be.

As far as the neighborhood watch, it is a great idea and I participate in mine also, the local police here in Florida where I live do not have the manpower to patrol my upper class neighborhood. Did you realize that most criminals want to steal from people who own something not from the hood. Zimmerman may or may not have shown good judgement, all of the evidence has not been fully disclosed however such great patriots as Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Van Johnson and the New Black Panthers which recently stated the do not abide by "White mans Law" are further victimizing this situation with their anger filled rhetoric.

No matter what the investigation reveals, I am most certain that civil unrest will occur AKA rodney King and our fearless president will do nothing but allow this situation as others to escalate so he can wrestle control away and who would want to change presidents among all this civil and world unrest.

I recently purchased several new guns and a rather large supply of ammo and food stocks to rideout what I feel will be a very violent event upcoming in our future. Better to be prepared and never need these things, than be caught off guard.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
This thread needs some facts. Real facts. Not emotional rants. Here are the facts:

FACT: What Zimmerman was doing was not a smart thing. He is probably to blame for this happening.

FACT: At the same time, Zimmerman did nothing illegal. He should not be charged with anything.

FACT: Stop saying Treyvon was just walking home from getting some candy and soda. This is not a fact. You will never know this. Only Treyvon will ever know what he was doing out on the street that night.

FACT: Treyvon was not a kid. Stop calling him a child. He was a minor, but definitely not a "child."

FACT: Treyvon could have handled the situation better to prevent his death. If I was walking out on the street late at night and someone pulled up to me in a car asking what I was doing, I would probably tell them what I was doing. Not assault them because I was scared.

FACT: Both Zimmerman AND Treyvon are responsible for Treyvon's death. They both could have handled the situation better. At the same time, Zimmerman did nothing illegal.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

LMAO----- lynch mob ????? INFANT ??????? Are you serious, please do not bring God into this equation, You seem to have an attitude which is part of problem, not the solution.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join