It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trayvon Martin Shooter Told Cops Teenager Went For His Gun

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeBoss
Reply to post by BIGPoJo

You're missing the whole point of this incident, how would you like it if I followed you in my car, and then attempt to agitate you into attacking me, and then I shoot you when i am losing the fight, then I claim self-defense after i shot you?

edit on 26-3-2012 by MikeBoss because: (no reason given)

Were you there?

No, then wait until all the facts are in before claiming that you can pass judgement on either person involved.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
A lot of assumptions and no evidence to back it up.

Enough said.

The same can be said for Zimmerman on the night of the shooting. And for his supporters now.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Stalking is not illegal? Carry a gun is not illegal, but shooting it at someone that you started the fight with is criminal, not self-defense bs.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Do you know the facts?

If not, please refrain from posting based solely on emotional judgement.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

in the mid 1990s, the Morse Avenue 'L' stop in Chicago...was a wild, drug user infested block and a half in every direction. after dark in that neighborhood, i wasn't going to push my luck that charm would convince someone to not mace me.

Oh good point.

crackheads are also are amazingly charming people if they want to be.

Very true.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
A lot of assumptions and no evidence to back it up.

Enough said.

The same can be said for Zimmerman on the night of the shooting. And for his supporters now.

Give me a break. Not defending either person. Waiting until the facts...ALL the facts are in. I think it is ethically unfair to take a side in this based on your own racial beliefs. And, that seems to be what predicates the majority of the responses in these threads. 90+% of the responses are based solely on emotional or racial beliefs. Most are people just regurgitating what the MSM has put out and we all know how trustworthy and non-manipulative they are, right?

Come on....deny ignorance.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon88
Why'd zimmermen have a gun in the first place hes neighborhood watch, not a police officer. Whats he think he can pull it out on somebody and their not going to react?

Along with the neighboorhood watch debate he shouldve remained in his vehicle and phoned police if worried because he is NOT a cop. Getting out of the vehicle and pursuing him was a mistake so technically he engaged the confrontation and should be charged with murder.
edit on 26-3-2012 by Brandon88 because: (no reason given)

I totally agree. However maybe Manslaughter if not murder.
I'd like to get more facts.
Personally I think this should definitely go to trial.

This is not a cut and dry case.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

you seem to be running on nothing but assumptions to fit a story in your own mind.
The kid was respectful or disrespectful to an adult?
Lets start there.
How in the world can you or I know?
One is a known neighbor in a gated community.
The other is walking in the rain looking at houses.
The known neighbor is looking out for his neighbors.
The other is looking at his neighbors houses.
Those are the known facts.

So I ask, was the young man being respectful or not?
If there was disrespect (we do not know yet) then the situation goes down hill from there.
I have been confronted by neighbors before who were looking out for other neighjbors homes.
Respect and courtesy goes a long way.
What makes me feel this respect was absent?
Were there direct questions and succinct answers between the two?
Dang, it's like peoples minds are stuck and rationalizing through these events stops at skin color and is nothing but fuel for assumptions to be used as facts just to vent.
It's tragic the young man is dead.
It's even more tragic that people are using this to foment racial hate and fall for the race baiting. I know thugs and I know wannabe actors pretending to be thugs.
The latter are the victims of their own stupidity most of the time. I do not know if martin was a thug or a wannabe but it sounds like he was acting out the part at times.
The outrage should be at the new black panthers offering a "dead or alive" bounty on zimmerman and spike lee giving out his address and phone number.
That stuff is premeditated

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
Trayvon had every right to launch an attack on Mr Zimmerman. After all, he was FOLLOWING him and SPEAKING to him, so of course he should expect to be punched and his head slammed on the ground. I'm sure the prosecution will prove that Zimmerman was also "mean-mugging" Trayvon which everyone knows provokes a rightful assault. If Mr Zimmerman would have just allowed Trayvon to break his skull open in his own neighborhood, none of this would have happened.

According to your logic and other people, I have the right to attack anyone that is following me, looking at me, and or talking to me. I guess I should go to the mall and attack people to protect myself. I guess I should attack anyone that knocks on my door. I guess I should hit my wife when she asks me what is for dinner, according to your logic.

Zimmerman has the right and authority as a natural citizen to observe and question ANYONE'S behavior if he finds it suspicious. No one has the right to preemptively attack someone until they have been attacked. It does not matter if the person is following you or asking you questions.

I personally believe that Martin witnessed Zimmerman on the phone with the cops and decided to retaliate for Zimmerman snitching him out. There is a reason Zimmerman is not in jail and not charged, because he was not at fault. The facts will come out soon and everyone will have to take a long look in the mirror.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

Originally posted by dthwraith
In the soon to follow riots I hope all the blacks remember to attack any random mexican they see. Leave us whites outta this one!!!

He is half-white and Hispanic, so both side will get it. He has more white in him then Spanish, because a Spanish person would of never did that ,...its the white that’s in his blood that made him do it.

This is an interesting RACIST comment.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Reply to post by BIGPoJo

You're missing the whole point of this incident, how would you like it if I followed you in my car, and then attempt to agitate you into attacking me, and then I shoot you when i am losing the fight, then I claim self-defense after i shot you?

edit on 26-3-2012 by MikeBoss because: (no reason given)

How is it you know more details than even the Police or Media. Did you watch it happen? Just curious? If you did go to the Police.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by manna2

you seem to be running on nothing but assumptions to fit a story in your own mind. The kid was respectful or disrespectful to an adult? Lets start there. How in the world can you or I know? One is a known neighbor in a gated community. The other is walking in the rain. The known neighbor is looking out for his neighbors. The other is walking down the street. Those are the known facts.

I fixed that for you. Known facts are not speculation.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo

Please watch the video in the link, it has some FACTS for a change. For people who don't know, Trayvon was 6' 200 lbs. He could have seriously injured or killed Zimmerman if he not have acted in self defense. To put it into perspective, I have seen a 5' 150 person break another adult's jaw in one hit. Imagine being pounded on the ground over and over again. What would you do if you had a gun at your disposal?

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Ahh soooo If someone is following you at night you arent going to fight back? Zimmerman had no reason to follow the kid other than "he looked suspicious!" If some one is following me around my neighborhood at night I am going to turn around and greet them with a fist in the mouth. And if I see they have a gun Im going to go for it so they dont shoot me first!
How did Trayvon know Zimmerman wasnt trying to kill him??
Im sick of these sterotypes! I dress almost exactly like that kid, A big hoodie and A fitted cap.. And I have tattoos, And guess what!? I walk around at night! Its what I do! Are you saying I deserve to be killed because of those things?
You people and your half brained arguments are soo annoying I just chalk it up to trolling!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
reply to post by manna2

you seem to be running on nothing but assumptions to fit a story in your own mind. The kid was respectful or disrespectful to an adult? Lets start there. How in the world can you or I know? One is a known neighbor in a gated community. The other is walking in the rain. The known neighbor is looking out for his neighbors. The other is walking down the street. Those are the known facts.

I fixed that for you. Known facts are not speculation.

sooooo, you attempt to correct me to fit your speculations?
Sorry, I addressed what is stated and known.
If it offends your agenda, oh well.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
People should not kill people.

I found it sad to read about this African American kid getting killed by some white dude who despite having a Jewish name turned out to be a Latino Hispanic person acting like an Albanian !?

People should not kill people.
edit on 26-3-2012 by gypsychology909 because: filled out

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by manna2

No, I removed your speculation. I didn't add anything. "looking at houses" is speculation, not fact. He was walking in the rain. He was walking down the street. It was not known if he was walking down the street "looking at houses" or walking in the rain "looking at houses".

edit on 26-3-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ryckE

Using your logic, if Zimmerman would NOT have shot him what do you think would have happened? Martin would have likely been sent to jail for assault or worse.

If you end up in situation like you mention and attack a person, you will go to prison. You need to look deep inside and try to figure out why you are so angry. That anger will cause you to have a lack of impulse control and you will end up attacking the wrong person one day.

EDIT - Also, Zimmerman said that Martin was ACTING suspicious not that he LOOKED suspicious. Get your facts straight.

Listen carefully to this 911 call then get back to this thread.
edit on 26-3-2012 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ryckE
Ahh soooo If someone is following you at night you arent going to fight back? Zimmerman had no reason to follow the kid other than "he looked suspicious!"

And Zimmerman was told not to pursue - - to "stand down" by the dispatcher and wait for the police.

As far as I'm concerned - - Zimmerman lost all rights when he continued to pursue.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Where did you get that information "continue to pursue"? According to witnesses and police the story is different. Read this article.

articles.orlandosentinel.com...

EDIT

Zimmerman told them he lost sight of Trayvon and was walking back to his SUV when Trayvon approached him from the left rear, and they exchanged words. Trayvon asked Zimmerman if he had a problem. Zimmerman said no and reached for his cell phone, he told police. Trayvon then said, "Well, you do now" or something similar and punched Zimmerman in the nose, according to the account he gave police. Zimmerman fell to the ground and Trayvon got on top of him and began slamming his head into the sidewalk, he told police. Zimmerman began yelling for help. Several witnesses heard those cries, and there has been a dispute about whether they came from Zimmerman or Trayvon.

One witness, who has since talked to local television news reporters, told police he saw Zimmerman on the ground with Trayvon on top, pounding him — and was unequivocal that it was Zimmerman who was crying for help.

Kind of hard to rationalize national outcry for someone who attacked a concerned citizen, especially after Zimmerman was no longer looking for Martin and was on his way back to his vehicle. Justify that, please.
edit on 26-3-2012 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I know I now feel emboldened to beat the crap out of anyone that I think is following me, profiles me, or says something I don't like. I'm glad most of the people here on ATS have my back! Since I'm in Maryland, where it is almost impossible to get a conceal carry permit, I don't have to worry about my punching bag blasting me!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Walking thru a neighborhood is not illegal either...nor is wearing a hoody...nor is "acting suspicious"...I have not made up my mind however it seems the PTB have...they did not aresst him...they don't appera to have done much or nothing...I blame them not Zimmerman...the man deserves a trial and so does Trayvon but he will never get one.

Some people have distorted facts...that Trayvon was a drug dealer...there is no evidence of that...he was suspended according to his parents because a baggie with drug residue was found in his backpack...he has no record adult or otherwise according to police. Some many numbers about how much he weighed are being thrown arond the only numbers I have seen in print said 140 and 6'0.

The bottom line as you stated that if Zimmerman have never followed him and waited for police to do what they do this most likely never would have happened...I do not believe anyone on a neighborhood watch program should not carry a weapon and the national program also states this. I think that Zimmerman who does have a record as an adult for assualt and domestic violence has some more explaining to do and should have been charged and let a jury decide...the police are not suppose to be judge and jury and it seems they have done just that and its a shame.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join