It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trayvon Martin Shooter Told Cops Teenager Went For His Gun

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan

Originally posted by BIGPoJo

Please watch the video in the link, it has some FACTS for a change. For people who don't know, Trayvon was 6' 200 lbs. He could have seriously injured or killed Zimmerman if he not have acted in self defense. To put it into perspective, I have seen a 5' 150 person break another adult's jaw in one hit. Imagine being pounded on the ground over and over again. What would you do if you had a gun at your disposal?

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

that does not mean Martin started the fight, the self defense # is BULLCRAP.
If Zimmerman wants to be a little neighborhood bully, then 17 year olds shouldn't be able to put him in his place.

Zimmerman harassed him, Zimmerman shot him. He should be in jail. good night.

Zimmerman questioned him.....Martin attacked him...Martin went for his gun....Zimmerman shot him.

Bully.....no
Wise....no
Right to profile given recent burglaries....yes

No his job is not to play police officer, it's amazing how some of you don't understand this.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

No I would not find someone walking with a hood on in the rain at 7:15 at night suspicious. This wasnt 2 am in the morning.. (i might if i was a no life busy body)

Very few criminals operate that early in the night as far as breaking and entering goes.
edit on 26-3-2012 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
reply to post by hawkiye

Say you move into my neighborhood next week.

Your teenage son or daughter are out jogging around 7:15 at night or doing whatever. I think they look suspicious. You have no problem with me following them while armed the whole time then stopping them and asking them what are they doing in my neighborhood. I dont notice you...

Their are tons of people out in my sub division now, some i wouldn't notice.. Is it cool for me to run outside and tell them they look suspicions and ask what are they doing in this neighborhood.

If you would have zero problems with me doing that I guess Zimmerman carry's no blame.

If you do isnt that hypocritical

If they are jogging, then why would they be suspicious? Zimmerman thought Martin's actions were suspicious and he had probable cause to investigate due to recent burglaries by young black men. So, if someone fits the profile, don't you think it warrants a little extra investigation in a gated community that can make up their own rules?

And if Florida law allows him to carry a firearm, who are you to say he shouldn't. Tell me, sir, if you were assigned to a neighborhood watch program and had training on how to use a firearm and it was legal to carry in your state, do you think you would? I would if it were me.

Your job in neighborhood watch is to notify POLICE about suspicious people. you DO NOT GO HARASS THEM.
probable cause to investigate? No it's probable cause to CALL THE POLICE.
edit on 26-3-2012 by CoolStoryMan because: (no reason given)

I agree Zimmerman was not wise in his actions, but that gives Martin the right to assault Zimmerman. Martin could have walked away as well. He didn't. Personally, I would have called it in and waited for police. Zimmerman was afraid that this guy would get away, given the recent burglaries in the community and probably felt he was helping. But, I don't know. We'll find out in time.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Please watch the video in the link, it has some FACTS for a change. For people who don't know, Trayvon was 6' 200 lbs. He could have seriously injured or killed Zimmerman if he not have acted in self defense. To put it into perspective, I have seen a 5' 150 person break another adult's jaw in one hit. Imagine being pounded on the ground over and over again. What would you do if you had a gun at your disposal?

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

that does not mean Martin started the fight, the self defense # is BULLCRAP.
If Zimmerman wants to be a little neighborhood bully, then 17 year olds shouldn't be able to put him in his place.

Zimmerman harassed him, Zimmerman shot him. He should be in jail. good night.

Zimmerman questioned him.....Martin attacked him...Martin went for his gun....Zimmerman shot him.

Bully.....no
Wise....no
Right to profile given recent burglaries....yes

No his job is not to play police officer, it's amazing how some of you don't understand this.

Oh, I understand it fine. I'm not one though to absolve Martin of any wrong doing, given the eye witness accounts of what happened.

And, if he's on a neighborhood watch program, then it is his job to be the eyes and ears that police would have to be if they were in the area.
edit on 26-3-2012 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

No I would not find someone walking with a hood on in the rain at 7:15 at night suspicious. This wasnt 2 am in the morning.. (i might if i was a no life busy body)

Very few criminals operate that early in the night as far as breaking and entering goes.

Like I said, Zimmerman felt he had cause given the recent burglaries. People get burglarized at all hours...not just 2 am in the morning.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

Your teenage son or daughter are out jogging around 7:15 at night or doing whatever. I think they look suspicious. You have no problem with me following them while armed the whole time then stopping them and asking them what are they doing in my neighborhood. I dont notice you...

Their are tons of people out in my sub division now, some i wouldn't notice.. Is it cool for me to run outside and tell them they look suspicions and ask what are they doing in this neighborhood.

If you would have zero problems with me doing that I guess Zimmerman carry's no blame.

I would have no problem with someone calling police on my kids in your scenario. What evidence do you have the Zimmerman stopped him? Zimmerman was following him and he called the police like he is supposed to. My kids would not assault you like Martin did Zimmerman and my kids would also be armed too.

Again what crime did Zimmerman commit? Martin committed assault and was killed in self defense.

The whole thing is truly sad.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

If they are jogging, then why would they be suspicious? Zimmerman thought Martin's actions were suspicious and he had probable cause to investigate due to recent burglaries by young black men. So, if someone fits the profile, don't you think it warrants a little extra investigation in a gated community that can make up their own rules?

And if Florida law allows him to carry a firearm, who are you to say he shouldn't. Tell me, sir, if you were assigned to a neighborhood watch program and had training on how to use a firearm and it was legal to carry in your state, do you think you would? I would if it were me.

Your job in neighborhood watch is to notify POLICE about suspicious people. you DO NOT GO HARASS THEM.
probable cause to investigate? No it's probable cause to CALL THE POLICE.
edit on 26-3-2012 by CoolStoryMan because: (no reason given)

I agree Zimmerman was not wise in his actions, but that gives Martin the right to assault Zimmerman. Martin could have walked away as well. He didn't. Personally, I would have called it in and waited for police. Zimmerman was afraid that this guy would get away, given the recent burglaries in the community and probably felt he was helping. But, I don't know. We'll find out in time.

first of all, we don't know what Zimmerman said to Martin, second, Martin is a minor, so why the F is this guy putting himself in this situation? Zimmermans role is not to antagonize, or play detective, it's to notify police of suspicious activity and nothing more

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

He did. He called 911.

He should have left it at that.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

People get charged for doing dumb stuff sometimes.

Zimmerman at 28 years old and supposedly mature and wise enough to carry around a gun should have had better decision making skills. He should have logically thought things through and stepped back and let the police arrive to do their job..

Its very possible the kid went on him, its jut sad that if Zimmerman had not of played cop no altercation would have happened.

Thats where Mr Zimmerman messed up.

And its up to the courts to decide if this ignorant move is punishable or not.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

People get charged for doing dumb stuff sometimes.

ZImmerman at 28 years old and supposedly mature and wise enough to carry around a gun should have had better decision making skills. He should have logically thought things through stepped back and let the police arrive to do their job..

Thats where Mr Zimmerman messed up.

I agree totally with this. My problem in these threads is that folks are so eager to jump on the hype that the MSM has made this out to be. I wish the facts were such that Martin wasn't killed, but that's not what happened. Now, the tough job is going to be reviewing the facts and determine if Zimmerman was right or wrong in his actions. And Zimmerman is going to have a hard time getting a fair trial in my opinion given the media circus this has become. Everyone, no matter what you think of them, is entitled to a fair trial.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

And I agree with you on that. The media has always done this same crap. Jesse Jackson, AL Sharpton and the msm need to stay out of it and let the courts decide the outcome. Forget the race issue and trying to flare up tensions. .

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
At what point did Zimmerman in a legal sense have justification to load his gun with bullets, step outside and catch
Trayvon?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Yeah Zimmerman should not have followed him however he did not break any law by doing so.

That is debatable.

Zimmerman took the law into his own hands. Which is never OK.

Zimmerman took the law into his own hands under the "label" Neighborhood Watch.

Zimmerman created and escalated the situation which caused the death of another person.

Zimmerman created a situation where Tayvon felt the need to "Stand His Ground".

Zimmerman created a situation - - which probably falls under Manslaughter.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Yeah Zimmerman should not have followed him however he did not break any law by doing so.

That is debatable.

Which law school did you learn that from? Manslaughter will not hold up in court especially when the rest of the evidence comes out. You have the right to defend your life under any circumstances, period. Martin was not defending his life, Zimmerman was.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

That is debatable.

I agree

You're assuming that this guy was on a power trip and used this as an outlet. Can you make that justification accurately without knowing him? Neighborhood watches are a good thing as long as you let the police do their job. He didn't.

Zimmerman created and escalated the situation which caused the death of another person.

Yes, the scenario started with him. But, if the eyewitness accounts are accurate, then it was Martin who escalated the situation by assaulting Zimmerman....repeatedly.

But Zimmerman disengaged and walked back to his vehicle. It was Martin who then approached him. And, if someone goes for my weapon, then who needs to stand their ground?

I bet he's charged with involuntary manslaughter.
edit on 26-3-2012 by Freenrgy2 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by game over man
At what point did Zimmerman in a legal sense have justification to load his gun with bullets, step outside and catch
Trayvon?

Whoa there fella.

You make it sound like this was premeditated murder.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

That is debatable.

Which law school did you learn that from? Manslaughter will not hold up in court especially when the rest of the evidence comes out. You have the right to defend your life under any circumstances, period. Martin was not defending his life, Zimmerman was.

Really? You create a situation that results in the accidental death of another is Involuntary or possibly aggravated Manslaughter.

Tayvon was walking down the street. What is he guilty of? Nothing.

Zimmerman created a situation that put Tayvon in the position of Stand Your Ground - - defending his life.

Zimmerman was the aggressor that created the situation for any action that followed.

edit on 26-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

That is debatable.

What law was Zimmermen taking into his own hands? He had every right to report suspicious people to the police the police encourage it. That is what neighborhood watches do. He called the police and reported it and then followed the guy so he would not lose him. There is no evidence Zimmerman threatened him or attacked him in any way so there is no basis for "Stand your ground" by Martin. Zimmerman did not create or escalate any situation. I have followed suspicious people and even chased down burglars in my own neighborhood. Martin created the situation that got him killed by assaulting Zimmerman. It is not illegal to follow or even question someone whether you like it or not.

Tell me what law did Zimmerman break? It may not have been the wisest move however there is no basis for manslaughter Zimmerman was simply defending himself against assault. Had martin not assaulted him the cops would have arrived and all would be fine today. If Martin was such and upstanding kid who was just scared why did he not call the police himself? he took the time to call his girl friend and tell her he was being followed. Zimmerman did call the police proving he was just trying to watch out for his neighborhood and not looking for a fight.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

You're assuming that this guy was on a power trip and used this as an outlet. Can you make that justification accurately without knowing him? Neighborhood watches are a good thing as long as you let the police do their job. He didn't.

True he didn't. I personally do not think Zimmerman is a bad guy. I don't really think he is on a power trip either. I do think he is/was overzealous in his fascination with law enforcement. I think he is personally suffering from this unfortunate incident - - - that he is at least - - - partly responsible for. He was in college studying for some kind of law enforcement. I guess it all comes down to what is allowed to be used in court.

But Zimmerman disengaged and walked back to his vehicle.

But he should never have been out of his car.

I bet he's charged with involuntary manslaughter.

That would be my guess. He certainly should not be charged with murder IMO.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
ALL HEARSAY just like treyvons mom said it *sounded* like
my son. SHE WAS NOT THERE, the g/f was not there,
the key eye witness the OP is speaking of WAS.
9-11 tapes, the eye witness testimony which is not hearsay
because they were their watching it, which lines up
with zimmermans story, that it is zimmerman screaming
for help and the eye witness saw treyvon beating
the # out of zimmerman, thats when the shot was fired
after treyvon already attacked zimmerman had him on his
back and in fear for his life screaming for help.
Zimmerman was acting in self defense. STOP
believing the MSM and all the hearsay
and stop with the han whitey rhetoric makes me
sick people have done a modern day lynchmob
and the black panthers got a bounty on zimmerman
proving they want to hang whitey.. Dangerous road
you zimmerman deniers are going down
He went for ZIMMERMANS gun!?!!?
Op nail hit on the head, ZIMMERMAN acted
in self defense. The MSM trying to start a race war

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>