It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God exists because .....

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by jmdewey60

We don't die because we "owe" anyone anything.

It is a naturally occurring phenomenon.
If it is such a "naturally occurring phenomenon" then why are we afraid of it?

so logical!
we're afraid to die because we owe that death, to "god".
to which god do we owe in this case? Which one of the 3800 and more identified imaginary friends? This is important as we should be careful to owe our death to the right one.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

It's easier for me this way.

Considering your circumstances, it's easy to see how it would be tough for you to be a happy believer.
I feel sorry for your loss, and sad to hear about that.
I hope you can find comfort in the thought that you could be joined back with those people you care about and I think that is what everybody wants. Life is tough, and I attribute it to existence period, and I have gotten away from the idea of their being an evil god who is to blame for it all, and that there just isn't any other universe, by the definition of what a universe is, and whoever, or whatever did make it, understood this was the best universe it could come up with, and decided to take the good with the bad, and made with it, when it came about, beings (or, "God") who exist for the purpose of giving us comfort in our times of need. This may not have been conveyed to you in the best manner possible through the institution tasked with giving you that information but I hope you are taking advantage of what is available to you at this time.
edit on 20-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverSleepingEyes

or "evil" ,that depends on what you want to realize here on Earth,I guess.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

My death most probably will come because I act and terminate my life.
Better as a natural thing that comes naturally,with no fear of the next life in Heaven for eternity.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

......we all owe Him a Life and a Death.

This is a Fact.

Rich or poor ,kings or queens ,pharaohs, good or bad, believers or nonbelievers we all owe a death.

Even for only the fact that life is limited and we must think of this reality.

Many of us say that they are not afraid of near-death.Still I think the facts are different.

The only fact here is that you never learned the correct meaning of the word.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

God exsts because....

I said so...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

This is a Fact.

Rich or poor ,kings or queens ,pharaohs, good or bad, believers or nonbelievers we all owe a death.

Many of us say that they are not afraid of near-death.Still I think the facts are different.

edit on 20-3-2012 by diamondsmith because: ]I don't think so, they(you) try before but they(you) never learn...sorry no chance..ever.

I don't think so, they(you) try before but they(you) never learn...sorry no chance..ever.
edit on 20-3-2012 by diamondsmith because: ]I don't think so, they(you) try before but they(you) never learn...sorry no chance..ever.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

ha! make the sound,and if you do it properly,it will freak you out the first time! afterwords you will feel what just happened.
its sublime and your whole body vibrates,or resonates for a while after and brings you a little closer to the almighty!
peace

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

This is a Fact.

I don't think so, they(you) try before but they(you) never learn...sorry no chance..ever.

I do think so and if you think a fact is something that cannot be proven I'm afraid you're just so wrong that it's actually scary.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

or "evil" ,that depends on what you want to realize here on Earth,I guess.

"evil" is a qualification, a mental product without existence outside that mental space.
as such, if might of course refer to phenomena in that outside existence.

from the way you quote me, people might deduce that i actually subscribe to the statement that "we're afraid to die because we owe that death, to "god"". As this is not the case (my original statement leaves no doubt about that) I like to stress this and express my feelings of regret that you didn't quote my in a way that would leave the intended meaning intact.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

evil" is a qualification, a mental product without existence outside that mental space. as such, if might of course refer to phenomena in that outside existence.
I thought that is someone's imaginary friend.......

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

My death most probably will come because I act and terminate my life.
Better as a natural thing that comes naturally,with no fear of the next life in Heaven for eternity.

says who?
it is my life.
i am entitled to end it if that pleases me

and i don't go for the heaven-stuff so why should i care about that?
basically we can dwell upon it until we turn green, the fact of the matter is
that we'll know what emotional state we're in when death comes along, when indeed death comes along
the rest is mere words without real meaning, except for its potential comforting aspect: if we tell ourselves fairy tales maybe that eases our minds
i prefer not to engage in such games

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

evil" is a qualification, a mental product without existence outside that mental space. as such, if might of course refer to phenomena in that outside existence.
I thought that is someone's imaginary friend.......

i hope that you don't mind me refraining from this useless conversation,
as i have the feeling we're basically speaking another language?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Which one of the 3800 and more identified imaginary friends
They began to be fewer and fewer here I wonder why......

defeated?

This sure must be the reason!!

edit on 20-3-2012 by diamondsmith because: certainly

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

as i have the feeling we're basically speaking another language
as I have the feeling that might be possible.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

the fact of the matter is
that we'll know what emotional state we're in when death comes along, when indeed death comes along
the rest is mere words without real meaning, except for its potential comforting aspect:

Thats the idea behind scripture... understanding testamonials from people that have experienced death or at least understand it from a spiritual perspective. Death is a terrifying thing for most people... knowing that life does not cease to exist after death brings the spirit peace... Thus enabling said spirit to "get on with the rest of his life" so to speak....

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

I do think so
Thinking is one and doing is other,sorry again.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

says who? it is my life. i am entitled to end it if that pleases me
That is the capital sin.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
If gods exist and it is obvious, why is everyone not on the same page with this? And if they do exist but it isn't obvious...why isn't it?
edit on 20-3-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
"Let the one who is doing harm continue to do harm; let the one who is vile continue to be vile; let the one who is righteous continue to live righteously; let the one who is holy continue to be holy." -Revelation 22:11

I think that the best place to learn about God is from the bible, both old and new testaments are worth reading if one is seeking understanding.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: *sigh*

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join