It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God exists because .....

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
so , Long story short you can't give me an answer that doesn't just revolve around "faith"?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

can i ask how you know he went directly to heaven without getting "faith" or something akin to that as an answer?

It was a person with faith,real faith and the story is long very very long.

As I quoted earlier:
Martin Luther, the founder of Protestantism, declared, "Reason is the Devil's whore."
That sums up the attitude of the Abrahamic faiths to logic and intelligence.
if you are going to debate people on God's existence at least be somewhat reasonable about it. Most of your answers simply include you and your "faith"... Could we have a few facts please? You saying he had faith does not explain the existence of heaven, hell, or god. It simply explains he had "faith", which is backed by know factual evidence simply your word, which i personally have no faith in.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
I think before you understand what God is... you have to understand what he is not... God is not some dude with a beard and a robe sitting in the clouds waiting to spike a lightening bolt at your ass if you sin
But it is a "he" right? If not, what is this thing exactly?

As i've said... i was once like you... I had no belief in God. Things change when you hit rock bottem... When theres no one to turn to... God will be there... I know this because i've experienced IT...
In what way was this god there? Isn't this one reason why people seek a god, because they feel they have no hope so they desire something greater than themselves to help them out?

God doesn't just jump out and say hello... like i said he is VERY subtle.... He will show you the evidence you need when you are ready like i said... Its up to you to recognize it...
Why is he subtle?

And like i said in the my first reply... It requires a certian state of mind to understand... Studying scripture helps tremondously in all honesty...
I only come up with questions when I read the bible, now that I have a new viewpoint.
edit on 20-3-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by drgrantdiz
so , Long story short you can't give me an answer that doesn't just revolve around "faith"?

I gave a lot of answers, maybe too many.

What kind of answer do you want.

Even if you will get your answer you will not believe,no matter the proof or evidence.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

The only answers you've given are more questions
edit on 20-3-2012 by Bigfoot12714 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Even if you will get your answer you will not believe,no matter the proof or evidence.

This sounds more suitable directed towards yourself. No matter how much evidence any of us present that your god is nonexistent you will continue to blindly fall back on your "faith". Do a little research of your own. Use your logical thinking skills ( if you have any). forget about "faith". The Jews have been "faithful" to god since their beginning and look where that has gotten them. countless wars, violence, trouble wherever the Jews go, the Holocaust. His own chosen people who have "faith" in him. Think for yourself; look at the facts and you will realise god is not real in your ideas of him. perhaps one of becoming but not of being.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Just to clarify, 'God' is actually a title for Satan, just to be clear. Our Creator does exist, and His Name is Yahuwah. And "Jesus" is a pagan hybrid name of Zeus and Jupiter. Our Messiah is Yahuwshuwah, a Hebrew.

Don't bother trying to prove existence of our Creator to close minded people. They don't want to believe it cause it would make them wrong, and thats their fear to be proven wrong. Just tell the truth, and whoever is chosen will accept it and believe it.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

Your theory is interesting, but you seem the most misinformed of all.. any facts behind what you have just stated?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

reply to post by satron

If someone knows that God does exist, I'd like to see the proof of it. That would be like the greatest discovery mankind could every find.
If you don't believe in Him now the proof that you want to see then will not be the evidence expected.

When does existence require belief?

It's one thing to believe in God, but it's another to say that God does IN FACT exist.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCelestialHuman

Believers in a God of Being (God of the abrahamic relgions) are making the claim that God existed prior to the universe, that he has always existed and that he created the universe out of nothing.

The key word here being believers where people will tell you that, if you asked them: "Oh of course God existed before the universe and He created it out of nothing!" but they would be hard pressed to tell you why they think that. I would say that it is a definition of God they have been given and basically nothing more than that.
The Bible says nothing of the sort, and actually tells a story which seems to be exactly the opposite of what this nice self contained definition tells you.
I think that whatever there was before the universe existed would have essentially became the universe, and that thing which could exist in the void no longer is that thing and has metamorphosed into what can exist in the universe that it had set the creation of into motion, and it exists today, represented by God and all the people who inhabit the universe.
edit on 20-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

You are not offering evidence, "faith" is a far cry from proof. All that means is that you believe in god in spite of having no credible evidence to support it. Faith is tossed around as the answer to proof of god but it prooves nothing at all, nor does the bible which is full on contadictions, impossible stories, and immoral values.

so what i want is one tangible piece of evidence to support this thread which you entitled "God Exists because..."

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seektruthalways1
Just to clarify, 'God' is actually a title for Satan, just to be clear. Our Creator does exist, and His Name is Yahuwah. And "Jesus" is a pagan hybrid name of Zeus and Jupiter. Our Messiah is Yahuwshuwah, a Hebrew.
Oh goody! More ideas of what god is!! All of you know what god is, but he is different things to different people. Why is that exactly?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Here is a nice story in the bible:
Exodus 7:

16 Then say to him, 'The LORD, the God of the Hebrews, has sent me to say to you: Let my people go, so that they may worship me in the wilderness. But until now you have not listened. 17 This is what the LORD says: By this you will know that I am the LORD: With the staff that is in my hand I will strike the water of the Nile, and it will be changed into blood. 18 The fish in the Nile will die, and the river will stink; the Egyptians will not be able to drink its water.'"

Ask yourself this. Why is the infinite power of the cosmos using a man with a speech impediment (Moses) to have a discussion with an Egyptian Pharaoh about freeing the so-called Chosen People? Why doesn't the infinite power of the cosmos simply free them? Come to think of it, why did he let them be enslaved in the first place? Moreover, why does anyone need to strike the water with a staff? Why not just go ahead and change it? Think of the River Nile actually being changed into blood. Think of thousands of miles of viscous blood where the river used to be. Wouldn't that be the most momentous event in Egyptian history? If Manhattan were suddenly surrounded by rivers of ACTUAL blood, it would be the most miraculous event of all time. So why don't the Egyptians mention it at all? Someone's obviously lying…and it isn't the Egyptians.
this is just one of the many problems in the bible, and you still believe these lies.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I do see alot of bickering of God exists/doesn't exist rhetoric on ATS. Does not seem to be productive at all. When I came back around to Christ (He never left me, I left Him) I got all preachy about it and lost a few associates. Hell, even cost me a job. Than randomly some one came up to me and said "Don't preach it, live it". If you lead by example, people will follow. But telling people their ideology is wrong is rude, offensive, and discerning.

I had a neighbor who was dying from cancer. She would sing christian hymns into my door way every morning, to get her message across. All it did was make me mad. I remember handing her a satanic handbook one day, in spite of her preachings. She could preach Christ to me, why couldn't I preach satan to her? Makes sense, right? I point to this event in my life because I believe it caused me to fall very very far from God. But she did not budge.

I have been locked up, I have been in horrible car accidents and walked away without a scratch. I have done things that really should have killed me. Than one day, the proof that God does exist smacked me right across my face, and I STILL denied it.

I am logical, sane, sensible. I saw my first child come into this world praying. The room was dim but she was lighting up a corner of the room? Divine? No. Not my daughter. All her baby pictures of her first day on earth she is wide eyed smiling and praying.This little girl is 5 years old now and still changing peoples lives. She can make the hardest biker thug smile, old people walk all the way across wal mart to see her. Little kids walk by and give her random hugs, and tap her on the head (for good luck? I don't know...)

One day when she was 3 and learning to talk we were sitting on the porch. She told me she wanted to go home. I told her we were home, this was home. She said no, and insisted on going home. I asked her where home was, and she pointed to everything. The woods out front, the sky, the ground, every where was our home. She said she couldn't wait to go back home. She loved it there. Divine? I don't believe so, I'm logical, sane, and sensible. My girl was nuts, I was fine. Right?

I have heard of other kids doing this. My question is, with so little knowledge of the world, how can they be so in depth on these subjects? If you don't know about something, or have never seen it, you can't develop that.The indians didn't even see the boats coming because they've never seen a boat, until it was too late.

I believe we lose this innocence as we get older. We get smarter, more knowledgeable, curious, and greedy. It's no longer me for everyone else. It's me only, f everyone else.

No one can change your mind. It took 3 children (gifts from God) and my questioning "What the hell is going on in music, movies, tv shows, politics, and the news? Why all the negativity, symbolism? Why is everyone so against Jesus, he preached a great message every man can live by, but people say they kill for him?"

It took my looking at every angle, going through all experiences, having children, locked up, almost died more than once, could have died more than 20 times, should have died at least once experiences, and after still denying this god thing it smacked me in the face that this was the truth. If you read all this you may be on your way. If you didn't read all this means you probably have never done the research or read the entire Bible.

Than: Seek and ye shall find.

Now: Google and you'll find it.

It's not in the research, its whats missing in the research. Look at the big picture, not the wallet sized pictures. I know none of this is any good, I'd just appreciate it if everyone would stop bickering about it as it is very petty difference. When are we gonna focus on ridding the world of people seeing the glass half full? Or half empty? People the prefer pepsi over coke? Burger King over Taco Bell, God or no God?

My God teaches to love on another, and to love Him. Not to kill, and to sway from sin. To trust in Him, as you did your own father. Sounds pretty good to me.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sting130u

When I came back around to Christ (He never left me, I left Him) I got all preachy about it and lost a few associates.

Could you explain why it is you left him and why you went back?I am curious..

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

Yeah, I've done the research into your occult. Misrepresentation of the gospel. Try reading unaltered copies of the Bible, best one I can suggest is NJKV. Least edited. The truth has been changed over many centuries. I believe the staff hitting the water was also a misrepresentation. This is just what I've collected, can't tell you resources. I have read alot into and on a daily basis remnantofgod Not very many denominations recognize the evil of their OWN churches, recognize the anti-christ, worship on the true Sabbath, the truth behind holidays and idol worship.

The churches are the ones that messed up the truth. It has been stained with lies, but can be washed off. The churches that signed a 501c3 status are now church and state conglomerates. So they are out. The RCC worships Mary, which goes against God's commandments. They are out. Looks like its up to the individual person to decide whats right in the Bible, and what the truth really is, and stop listening to others.

Compare the Bible to history, and to recent science findings. What the Word really says about our creation. The answers are all in there for YOU. Not for ME to read to YOU.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Churches and Christ's wanna be PR campaign(which is terrible). Hypocritical adults. Santa. The lies. Misrepresentation given to me by listening to others.

My dad taught me a good lesson, which took me years to find out. He would send me to school with some bs story like a spider monkey bit me that's what the bite on my arm was. Yeah. Teacher laughed her arse off at that one and informed me what a spider monkey was. I learned I couldn't even take my dad's word for truth. Find out yourself, and be a critical thinker.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Good for you for asking questions. Don't forget the reason why Pharaoh didn't let the people go....god hardened his heart so that he wouldn't.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sting130u
Why is everyone so against Jesus, he preached a great message every man can live by, but people say they kill for him?"
You only see people being against Jesus because you live in a country where a majority of people believe in him. I disbelieve in him as a deity just as much as I do any other deity. I only speak about him more because I was raised to believe in him, not the others, so I don't know as much about the others. I do agree with you that it will not be settled here on this forum. What would settle it is for any god to show up and demonstrate that they are indeed a god.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Do aborted fetuses go to Hell?
Did they die because they owed God a death?

This is ridiculous.

Life is easy and happens everywhere. From the bottoms of toxic lakes to miles underneath the ice, life happens everywhere. And I'd be willing to bet that life could adapt and happen ANYWHERE.

Just because us Humans have developed our brains enough to create things like the tax code, etc, doesn't make us special nor great. On one hand, one might consider Humans to be so messed up that we can't even live in the wild, naked and eat raw meat and vegetables like our ancient ancestors could. We have de-evolved so much in fact that you need pretty much about $150,000 a year to "live" in America.

When are people going to quit worrying about "Gods" and just get on with living?
I mean, you don't worry about Santa Claus anymore do you?

Get real and look at the Earth from above as if you were some alien scientist. You would see a bunch of different people gathered into their groups, speaking their own language and violently killing each other over a supposed "God".
We look like dumb apes to any alien presence that may observe us.
edit on 20-3-2012 by TimesUp because: spellin'

edit on 20-3-2012 by TimesUp because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join