It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God exists because .....

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sting130u
The truth has been changed over many centuries.
I would say there is a high possibility that scriptures have been changed and embellished as opposed to the original oral traditions. How do you trust any of it?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimesUp
Get real and look at the Earth from above as if you where some alien scientist. You would see a bunch of different people gathered into their groups, speaking their own language and violently killing each other over a supposed "God".
We look like dumb apes to any alien presence that may observe us.
I have used this same exact example. It's pretty eye-opening if you think about it. (except for when you mention it to people who believe aliens, if they exist and are present here, are demons)
edit on 20-3-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimesUp
Do aborted fetuses go to Hell?
Did they die because they owed God a death?

This is ridiculous.

Life is easy and happens everywhere. From the bottoms of toxic lakes to miles underneath the ice, life happens everywhere. And I'd be willing to bet that life could adapt and happen ANYWHERE.

Just because us Humans have developed our brains enough to create things like the tax code, etc, doesn't make us special nor great. On one hand, one might consider Humans to be so messed up that we can't even live in the wild, naked and eat raw meat and vegetables like our ancient ancestors could. We have de-evolved so much in fact that you need pretty much about $150,000 a year to "live" in America.

When are people going to quit worrying about "Gods" and just get on with living?
I mean, you don't worry about Santa Claus anymore do you?

Get real and look at the Earth from above as if you where some alien scientist. You would see a bunch of different people gathered into their groups, speaking their own language and violently killing each other over a supposed "God".
We look like dumb apes to any alien presence that may observe us.
edit on 20-3-2012 by TimesUp because: spellin'

lol I hadn't thought of it from that perspective though I imagine it would be perplexing. What i don't understand is how the current religions are so sure of themselves when throughout our history there have been countless "gods & goddesses" many predating the rise of christianity.. what makes god/jesus/the holy spirit any more valid then zues/hades/ or ares?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by drgrantdiz

lol I hadn't thought of it from that perspective though I imagine it would be perplexing. What i don't understand is how the current religions are so sure of themselves when throughout our history there have been countless "gods & goddesses" many predating the rise of christianity.. what makes god/jesus/the holy spirit any more valid then zues/hades/ or ares?

Well, Religions are all about being "so sure of themselves". And just as the English, Dutch and Spanish conquered the entire world from the 1400's to the 1700's, they also converted the entire world to Christianity. Christianity took off and got its start in the Roman Empire and was a European religion. Because of the World domination, Christianity became the Worlds' religion. Now it's Islam's turn. Either way, the masses will buy it because the masses "need" a religion. And all religious people have one thing in common, they are sure of themselves in their belief because they have this thing called "faith".
Tell any small child that Santa Claus isn't real and they will say "nuh uh, not true, my Daddy said he's real". The Masses need religion because it "makes things alright" It's just like probably everyone at the moment of their own death, searching for something and latching onto a glimmer of "faith" as they pass on.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
You said
"In Heaven

In Hell

or in between. "

In between life and death? Only thing I can think of is immortality. So what about the middle ground?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
"Faith" being the only evidence that the topic starter could supply to prove god exists.

why do you think only a minority of people declare themselves atheist? Because I look at religion and I really cannot comprehend how people believe it.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I think the world would be better off and produce a stronger quality Human if we didn't have any religions.
If we didn't have a God/s and an afterlife, then I feel like life would be much more important than it is now. People would not be conditioned that there is "something else". They would feel more into growing and learning and accomplishing greater things then just watching TV and waiting around until God calls them up to Heaven.
Religion offers a crutch to limp through life on and people tend to blame all their problems on God and "it's up to God, not me", "it's in God's hands, not mine", etc..

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by drgrantdiz

why do you think only a minority of people declare themselves atheist?

Because religion gives people an identity, something to be apart of, something to live for. They would rather accept the lies and half-truths than face reality. another reason is that religion has probably been around longer than atheism ( i don't know this for sure). Those poor slaves who were born into religion ( such as myself), in most cases never question it or search for the truth. in my case, i asked questions and realized what i now believe to be the truth. Most of the world has been deceived by abrahamic relgions.
This is the great tragedy of humanity.
edit on 20-3-2012 by TheCelestialHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I was lucky enough to be raised by my grandmother who did not even discuss religion or politics with me until i was out of highschool. So i've never bellieved at all, this created issues with my former best friend who after getting in a car crash became a devout born again christian and would not stop pushing his religion on me, now we don't even speak because I started laughing at the story of noah and the ark (it offended him)

religion is the death of progress, it keeps us from true social change and brings prejudice and intolerance into our society. not only do they discriminate, but there is always evidence coming out about religious hypocrites. such as the pedo priests who preach against homosexuality.or the big man himself god telling everyone not to steal, then taking a rib from adam when he was sleeping and making eve. thus stealing adams rib.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
... i just awake up, look at the screen and cant believe it... another nonsense post from "diamondsmith", not funny*
this guy believe in god cos of "evidence" he trust to... but he dont believe that dinosaurs ever exist, cos he say: WE DONT HAVE REAL PROOF THEY DIT EXIST... uh, hmmm WTF? just look at hist old posts and stop waste Your time here...
good day to all*

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ZakOlongapo

Wait, he doesn't believe dinosaurs existed?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I am pretty sure there was no argument present in that entire thread. Simply saying something is fact does not make it so for the rest of us, although it may to you, but a fact is not subjective. You should look into some of the proofs from around the 60's onward, which attempt to prove the existence of God logically and philosophically...Very informative at the very least.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

...not only he do believe dinosaurs did not exist
www.abovetopsecret.com...

...but he is saying that he was in Heaven(The Real Heaven) already

www.abovetopsecret.com...

what a funny guy*****

edit on 20-3-2012 by ZakOlongapo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I've skimmed through each post before deciding to decipher what I want to say on this thread. From what I've read, it seems that the individuals here have severely swayed from the original topic, which is to try and bring about a fact or thought of your own which proves that God exists. Here's my 2 cents on this topic:

From the moment man open their eyes to this world, a great order surrounds them. They need oxygen to survive; it is interesting that the atmosphere of the planet on which they reside on provides more than just the adequate amount of oxygen they need. This way, they breathe without difficulty.

For the existence of life on this planet, the existence of a source of heat is essential. In response to this need, the Sun is located at just the right distance to emit the exact amount of heat and energy human life requires.

Man needs nourishment to survive; every corner of the world abounds in astonishingly diversified provisions. Likewise, man needs water; surprisingly, three-fourths of the planet is covered with water. Man needs shelter; in this world of ours, there is land on which it is suitable to build and all sorts of materials with which to make shelters.

These are only a few among countless details making life possible on earth. In brief, man lives on a planet perfectly designed for their survival. This is certainly a planet “created for human beings”, among other creatures, as God said in the Quran: “Do you not see that God has subjected for you all that is in the Heavens and all that is on the Earth, and has completed and perfected His Bounties upon you, [both] apparent and hidden?...” (Quran 31:20)

A person’s interpretation of the world rests on “acquired methods of thought.” That is, they think in the way they have been taught, or, less kindly, the way in which they are indoctrinated. Under this misguidance, they often dismiss all of the aforementioned as “trivial realities.” However, if they do not side-step the matter, and start questioning the conditions making our existence possible, they will surely step out of the boundaries of habitual thinking and start to think:

How does the atmosphere serve as a protective ceiling for the earth?

How does each one of the billions of cells in the human body know and perform its individual tasks?

How does this extraordinary ecological balance exist on earth?

A person seeking answers to these questions surely proceeds on the right path. They do not remain insensitive to things happening around him, and doesn’t plead ignorance about the extraordinary nature of the world. A person who asks questions, who reflects on and gives answers to these questions will realize that, on every inch of the planet, a plan and an order reigns:

How did the flawless order in the whole universe come into being?

Who provided the delicate balances in the world?

How did living beings, incredibly diversified in nature, emerge?

Keeping oneself occupied with relentless research to answer these questions results in a clear awareness that everything in the universe, its order, each living being and structure is a component of a plan, a product of design. Every detail: the excellent structure of an insect’s wing, the system enabling a tree to carry tons of water to its topmost branches, the order of planets, and the ratio of gases in the atmosphere, all are unique examples of perfection.

In every detail of the infinitely varied world, man finds his Creator. God, the owner of everything in the whole universe, introduces Himself to man through the flawless design of His creation. Everything surrounding us, the birds in flight, our beating hearts, the birth of a child or the existence of the sun in the sky, manifest the power of God and His creation. And what man must do is understand this.

These purposes owe their existence to the fact that everything has been created. An intelligent person notices that planning, design, and wisdom exist in every detail of the infinitely varied world. This draws them to recognition of the Creator.

So you need never plead ignorance that all living beings, living or non-living, show the existence and greatness of God, look at the things around you. Strive to show appreciation in the best manner for the eternal greatness of God. For the existence of God is obvious, and ignoring it would only be the beginning of the greatest damage we could ever do to ourselves. That is simply because God is in no need of anything. He is the One Who shows His greatness in all things and in all ways.

edit on 20-3-2012 by XxForgottenLegendxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Aren't you the same guy who stated dinosaurs never existed, and that they were created by Satan to mislead us?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jace26
reply to post by diamondsmith

Aren't you the same guy who stated dinosaurs never existed, and that they were created by Satan to mislead us?

O.o, what? This is my 4th ever post on this website. Where is this Dinosaur talk coming from? I think you should read the username more carefully, Jace. Of course I'm assuming only if your post here was directed at me.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
i just think that every opinion here is very fare from real truth... i believe that Dan Winter is very close to real truth with his theory(not only his)...
www.youtube.com...

after listen to his sesson this pic make sense>>>

after reading bible... make no sense at all... an not only because the place is 20 times + older then bible...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by XxForgottenLegendxX

it was reply to diamondsmith, not to U.... read with open eyes*

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ZakOlongapo

I'm inclined to believe that what I stated above is a more or less accurate representation of God's existence. With the talk of looking into Nature and all to find your proof.

Also, I said, "Assuming if he was talking to me". Never did I say he actually was, but I replied to it in-case. No worries though, bro.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

I do think so and if you think a fact is something that cannot be proven I'm afraid you're just so wrong that it's actually scary.

Originally posted by diamondsmith
Thinking is one and doing is other,sorry again.

Originally posted by diamondsmith

I don't think so, they(you) try before but they(you) never learn...sorry no chance..ever.

Are you so used to double standards, contradictions and hypocracy in your religion that you don't recognise them in your interactions with others?

edit on 20-3-2012 by Garfee because: Because idiots need the slap down

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join