It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God exists because .....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

God exists because...

you made it up..

someone told you..

you read it in a book..

you are scared & confused and need something to give you a sense self worth..

your ego tells you your smarted than the rest and have a far greater knowledge that the rest..

you are sadistic and want others to be tortured for eternity burning in a mythical lake of fire..

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
God exists because....

there are certain boundary of physical laws that cannot be broken which have been set by a Supreme Being to not break.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

on a more serious, logical side note...you have yet to provide any proof of the existence of your said "god".
I am sorry, logic and God doesn't go together,I think.

I think I may have to amend my signature to add that quote.

reply to post by jmdewey60

We don't die because we "owe" anyone anything.

It is a naturally occurring phenomenon.
If it is such a "naturally occurring phenomenon" then why are we afraid of it?

We (or at least I) don't fear death. I find it ironic, however, that many christians who insist that they're doing Gods work, living a life that he approves of, and are absolutely convinced in an everlasting life at Gods side after death are EXACTLY the ones most afraid of dying. I hypothesize that since I don't believe in eternal damnation and suffering, I have nothing to lose by passing on.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

We (or at least I) don't fear death
Not death but the approaching or presence of it.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

you made it up..

someone told you..

you read it in a book..
And fourth try...because God is Love for all human beings good or bad when they are alive in this Life.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I respect your position although I do not believe the same as you do.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

wouldnt that be 'OM' from hinduism?
the sacred syllable thought to be the seed of all mantras,divine and powerful words or sounds?
the sound,pronounced A-U-M ,is thought to be the one eternal syllable,in which past ,present and future exist.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

God exists because...

I would add to your list:

Because when you need help, and there is no one near to help, you can ask someone who is a good spirit and has power beyond yours, who will do something, and this includes beyond this life, if that is where it is inevitable at that moment to enter into.
edit on 20-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stereotype

God exists because....

there are certain boundary of physical laws that cannot be broken which have been set by a Supreme Being to not break.
You may want to consider the possibility that what you are calling physical laws is just the nature of the universe.
The universe was not created by evil intent, but was just the only practical way to cause a universe to come into existence, where built into it are these things which can cause beings living in it problems. To help with those difficulties, integral to the grand scheme of a universe was the existence of God.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

OK, those saying God is energy, God is us, God does not exist, God does exist, blah blah blah, why are you all stating this as a fact? Where is your evidence?

And to the OP- You are not judged by your works, if you are drawing from the Bible. This is a roman catholic misconception. Why should a murder/adulterer/sinful person be able to donate to the hungry and do great things on this planet while committing these sins be allowed in Heaven?

IMO, Jesus is the bridge that brings us closer to God. We have fallen from Him. You can apologize all you want, but without the glue to fix the broken vase an apology is nothing.

You can make your bed, clean your room, wash your dog, open a door for an old lady, but you still do not have the glue to fix the broken vase.

This is much easier to see when you are a father, as God is all of our Father. I see the proof of God's existence in my children.

And to those atheists and others that don't believe in God, keep your opinion to yourself. You people are the types that would tell a classroom of 4 year olds that santa is not real. Yeah, we all know hes not real, but dammit let them enjoy their childhood.

Those that bash God, and discredit him, and use him as a reason for all the bad things that are happening, you really need to think about what free will means. And really think of the people that believe in a loving God, without that belief you would have lost souls who would feel like life is meaningless. This is more dangerous than anything I can fathom.

I was atheist, not anymore. It was dark, the world sucked, and I couldn't breathe. Once I accepted Jesus everything was.....better.

How dare you all try to destroy the good thought of God in peoples minds.

Don't bring the argument to the table that God allows people to starve and die everyday. WE DO THAT!!! We have free will. We have a country thats overly OBESE, and a country thats STARVING. How about we balance it out. Instead of blaming God, look in the mirror. What are YOU doing to rectify the situation? God left it up to us. And we are proving to him that we are all greedy gluttonous monsters that deserve whats coming.

And this is all my opinion. Genuine opinion.

So please quit bashing on those who believe in a God. If they didn't believe in a God, life would be much different. It would be chaos, free for all, murderous. Alot of people need this positive enforcement in their lives. I am sorry you do not believe, and I will not try to shove it down your throats like so many have done to me. I know you won't listen, your as thick headed as I am. The truth will come to you, I just pray its not too late.

*A lie can keep you running in circles, searching for the truth. It can send you up and down the street, up and down on the earth. But when you hear the truth, it stops you dead in your tracks. There is no reason to run, search, or hide anymore. You now know the truth.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
If someone knows that God does exist, I'd like to see the proof of it. That would be like the greatest discovery mankind could every find.

Otherwise, you already know that you don't know.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

I hypothesize that since I don't believe in eternal damnation and suffering, I have nothing to lose by passing on.
I think if you are happy with the idea of passing into oblivion, the universe would be happy to accommodate you by recycling your life force and passing it on to someone else.
I would hypothesize that Christians are not satisfied with that and take Jesus' offer to inherit the earth. What some would mistake for fear, may be a strong desire to be reunited with their loved ones in the great beyond.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

wouldnt that be 'OM' from hinduism?
the sacred syllable thought to be the seed of all mantras,divine and powerful words or sounds?
the sound,pronounced A-U-M ,is thought to be the one eternal syllable,in which past ,present and future exist

That's the general idea, that it is a universal language that is bound to show up in any and all religions because it resonates with humans to such a degree that to them , the sound itself is truth.
This is what is pointed out in that movie, Bee Season, in a really impactful sort of way only well produced movies can covey (short of real life, which may never happen just in that way).

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sting130u

It was dark, the world sucked, and I couldn't breathe. Once I accepted Jesus everything was.....better.

I'm glad for you and we all need that, and in daily doses, so thanks for your testimonial.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

If someone knows that God does exist, I'd like to see the proof of it. That would be like the greatest discovery mankind could every find.
If you don't believe in Him now the proof that you want to see then will not be the evidence expected.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by ~Vixen~

I hypothesize that since I don't believe in eternal damnation and suffering, I have nothing to lose by passing on.
I think if you are happy with the idea of passing into oblivion, the universe would be happy to accommodate you by recycling your life force and passing it on to someone else.
I would hypothesize that Christians are not satisfied with that and take Jesus' offer to inherit the earth. What some would mistake for fear, may be a strong desire to be reunited with their loved ones in the great beyond.

I never claimed that I was happy with the idea of dying, but rather that I wasn't afraid of it. I've seriously pondered these questions, and have adopted the belief that since you can't beat death, it's illogical to lose sleep over that which is inevitable.

I'm happy that some people can find solace through adoption of religious beliefs, but I'm not one of those people. Eight years of Catholic school indoctrination sought to instill in me that churches had the answers to life's great mysteries, but none were ever able to prove it, and instead only offered cryptic verses from a 2,000 year old book of contradictions. People tried to convince me that there was a God who loved us all, yet everywhere I turned all I ever saw was negativity and division. I was told that God wanted me to be happy, only to suffer the loss of my 3 month old daughter and my husband/soul mate in his early 40's. After it all, I just can't believe that an all loving and caring God exists. Seeking God has only ever brought me pain. Believe if you wish, but I deny his existence. It's easier for me this way.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

......we all owe Him a Life and a Death.

This is a Fact.

1. I owe my life due to the fact that one night my dad mounted my mom and deposited some semen in her body. As far as I know, none of them were divine, although I sometimes think my mom really is a goddess, because she's good to people.
My death most probably will come because I act and terminate my life.

2. A "fact"? Really? Maybe we should invent a new word then, a word that can be used to refer to those things some of us would call a fact, since you decided to change the meaning of the word?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

.but for this one...you didn't prove "he" exists.
Then...this means we are living forever here on Earth and in the same time we never die here on Earth.

looks to me as if logic isn't your strongest side?
please explain how a lack of prove of the existence of your preferred imaginary friend implies an eternal life?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

on a more serious, logical side note...you have yet to provide any proof of the existence of your said "god".
I am sorry, logic and God doesn't go together,I think.

so "god" isn't "everything" after all? If "god" is everything there no reason to kick out logic

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

If you said the word "hell" then you just proved with evidence that God is real...
Sooooo, this is the kind of thing you look for, for proof? No wonder you believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join