It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible and the war against God's true and only work.

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
"we all know that" Really? Do we? I have no such faith that the bible is anything more than a book written by men. I don't trust it to be the word of God, not one bit.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Azadok

Who is to say the fallen angels and watcher angels did not come in space crafts , the descriptions in the bible in Ezekiel describe God coming down to earth in one sitting on his throne in it . Numerous other places describe what sounds like space craft.

Why would a supernatural being need a spacecraft to get around? Ever study on Angels, friend?

The word angels is derived from the Greek word angelos, which means messenger. Malakh, the Hebrew word for angel, also means messenger, and both words nicely coincide with the Persian word for angel, angaros, similarly meaning a courier.
History of Angels
It is a Greek word, so I guess the Angels are all Greek. The Hebrew word is "malach," which means "messenger." So in the Hebrew Bible, ‘malach’ doesn’t have that ‘angel’ connotation of winged creatures benevolently watching over us.” Also, the word "Demon" doesn’t occur at all in the Hebrew Bible. Never. Both are Christian inventions.

I never said that angels are winged and the word Demon does not occur in my KJV bible one time , I do not follow the churches of man . I read the bible asking for guidance from the holy spirit and study with Shepherds Chapel with pastor Arnold Murray . He reads the bible chapter bt chapter and verse by verse going back to the original language when need be . Pastor Murray knows the bible off the top of his head and understands the history of the bible to explai it in contemporary times . I have found that most every church lies to us and this is because Satan controls most religions in the end of days.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Originally posted by Wonders

Jesus came to set the captives free, he didn't come to give the captives hugs and leave them under the authority of Satan...

Jesus should have studied public relations because if satan hugs people and jesus doesn't.....
Jesus multiplied food for thousands of hungry people to eat. He knew more about public relations than to give those hungry people hugs and send them on their way to find their own food. As for myself, I have been hugged by people who could care less about the state of my mind but would rather have my body for themselves, if you are as perceptive as you think you are you'll know what I mean.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder

From the research I have done...and I have done plenty...Jesus is an amalgamation of MANY different myths from many different RELIGIONS. Because the founders of Chrisitanity wanted something that would be easy for the common man to swallow, some of the same things that they had heard from those same religions were included in the legends of the Chrisitan Religion.

If you don't believe me do a little research on Heru(Horus), Mythra, Krishna, and others.

Oh, I have looked into those areas also and seen what you are speaking about. An author that uses the pen name of Acharya S / D.M. Murdock speaks to these issues of this theme repeating down through the millenea. They are generally all about Man becoming God via some special belief rituals. She proposes Jesus is a myth and technically that is true, as how the Church Painted Jesus after death is mostly all made up and sheep dippiing Jesus into Nimrod/Tammuz, so he fits into Babylon Talmud better.

While, Jesus takes on those false tradition assignments after his death, due to the Church being so hung up on Babylon methods and Roman Empire support, I think there is a good collection of information on the Essene and who Jesus really was and his real history was totally against all those games of what most called the Mystery Schools teachings about how to make yourself into God.

I think Jesus was a man schooled along by the Essene, mainly due to his Father's teachings and urgings, to attempt to change away from those old themes and make one for him being a Messiah. Jesus appeared to like the term of being the Son of God, but when the latter church got into things they screwed up the real history and tried to build him into God. I think he was a person and he lived and he tried to change things, and was just someone well schooled, very moral, and had the wisdom for a Prophet..

But he was no God, just a person that wanted to do good and steer away from these old themes of making a Man as God. Judaism doesn't like Man being made into God, it is consider Blasphemous. Same with Quran, even Mohammah never claimed to be God. But after Jesus death, they did it to him anyway, which was the last thing the Essene Priests would have wanted. So, now the church is back to corrupted religion problems and they did the Mystery School makeover on Jesus, which just isn't true for his history in his life.

The Roman Church made Jesus into the old themes repeated again and again, but the most recent was Nimrod, Sematamis, and Tammuz because it associates best with Talmud and the line of Noah's Family. So, Jesus, in death, got saddeled with all these pagan sun worship things so his peace image could be used and abused to stop so many Roman Wars, yet approve of Usury, approve of Royal Rulers, and control people.

I think Jesus came along as the Essene stories tell, and all this Jesus after death stuff has been terribly screwed up for greed and power of the Church and its allainces to Empire. imho

It appears lots of the Essene story disappeared for a long time, but when the Dead Sea Scrolls started popping up they found the Essene again and started piecing some of it back into the history for Jesus. The church was very manipulative and went around buning books to hide the history so they could invent history and Jesus as they wanted to fashion his memory.

edit on 14-3-2012 by MagnumOpus because: They likely even Burned the Library and Alexandria to cover up all these issues of religions

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The Bible is a book that has been read more, and examined less, than any book that ever existed. - Thomas Paine

Properly read, the bible is the most potent force for Atheism ever conceived. - Isaac Asimov

These two simple quotes, my personal favorites, say all that needs to be said regarding the bible.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder
I'm sorry to burst any Christians' bubbles....but Jesus never existed at all.

edit on 14-3-2012 by Shark_Feeder because: spelling

I'm waiting...

Not for long...

There is more verification for the historicity of Jesus than any other person in all of ancient history.
Josephus even mentions Him. Suetonius, Tacitus and others mentioed Jesus in their writings. No one from the first century denied Christ's existence. The Bible is True, and so are it's promises.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Any other myths I could debunk? Where'd you come up with your afrocentric theory of amen? That zeitgeist movie? Sounds like something that garbage movie would spout off about. That entire movie has been easily debunked by witty Apologists, but foolish atheists and zeitgeist fan boys will continue in there ignorance....

People don't even need to leave the safe and comforting confines of ATS for that:

Here.

edit on 14-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I do think once one plugs back in some of the Essene History on Jesus, some things become somewhat easier to associate. Like the Theme of Jesus died for our sins appears to speak that he died because of the Sins of the Babylon Talmud beliefs, that were all evil and he wanted the good to overcome. He lost, he died, and it was over these Sins of the Babylon Talmud.

It appears the Disciples perhaps didn't want Jesus memory lost as he had some great ideas, so to preserve those ideas he was martyred into God. His message has certainly stuck around for a long long time and I don't think it would have unless his story after death did the magic of the Mystery Schools for him. Many suggest Jesus did survive the crucifiction and did live a long life in another area and had children. If he did survive they he did fit the model for these Mystery School methods for man to become god. But that was never in the pious sense for God, only the evil ways for man to fake up becoming god.

Either way, survived or died, the theme of the Essene that these Babylon Methods were bad for the human condition have lived on, and the theme of the Essene social democarcy appeared to have become the Constitutional Model for the US. So, appreciated was the morals and social designs of the Essene that they formed a nation on better principles, Ours in the USA. But, just the same as Jesus was trampled by these Pagan designs for power and control, so now the US and its Constitution are being trampled and leaning more toward the designs for Usury and following those that values the tyranny ways of Babylon, and these are the Zionists and their big banker pals the Rothchilds and the like. The NWO cult.

So, there is great value in the reality of the Biblical narratives, after one sees where the story and the history was corrupted. In terms of saving the US, knowing those historical associations are of paramount importance.

Much of the Biblical Narratives are very true, just not in the most strict literal sense and many of the stories are written in allegorical sense. The God for Monotheism appears to be more the ways of Mother Nature and those that study sciences and the ways of nature actually study God's intelligent designs and can make use of those bits of knowledge. Lots of the Bible is about the old world versions of science called Alchemy, and most of the tricks of Moses came from the knowledge of Alchemy. Moses even added to the knowledge of Alchemy via his secrets from the Ark of the Covenant. It did have special powers, just they are hidden from most. As the Manhattan Project came along, some of those secrets from the Ark were made apparent, but again via science and the study of God's order of nature.

I've always found that if one can get into this mode of understanding the better definition of God, and break past the writing styles of the old times, that quite of bit of the Bible makes much sense.

I do think in the olden days of Moses when nature revealed some special property of nature that they spoke in the sense that God had spoken to them, but it was mostly about man's deductive intellect seeking out the special values from nature, or just what we call science these days. Much of the Bible Narrative use an creative writing style, but mostly God is about Nature's Natural Orders and knowing how to use them for advantage.

edit on 14-3-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Allegory and Alchemical writing methods are very similar styles and one understands the other

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

And your "trip" is getting stranger by the minute. What exactly are your basic beliefs, autowrench?

I don't have any beliefs. There, I said it. I don't have those set in stone beliefs that some people have. I have Ideas. A lot of them, actually. My mind is filled with them, and it gets new ones all the time, and discards old ones all the time. I am changing all the time, it seems. Just this morning, I woke up to look down at my body, I was floating above it, looking down at it. I quickly "fell down" into my body. Most curious, this. I have astral travelled before, but this is different. I am not like you.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

I am still waiting for ACTUAL EVIDENCE of the existience of Jesus Christ...where is it?

IF Jesus didn't exist, you wouldn't be ABLE to ask the question...
IF Jesus didn't exist how can you say that this is the year 2012?
The count of time is supposedly based on when he was born. What accounts for the permeating effect of this 'fictional' character on world civilization?

Skeptics will often alledge that "no extra biblical evidence for Jesus' existence exists." This is far from the truth. All of these following historians, of first and early second century, mention Jesus of Nazareth as a historical figure who existed in the first century CE, or they mention Christ.

* Thallus (c. 50-75AD)

*Phlegon (First century)

* Josephus (Antiquities of the Jews, c.93)

* Tacitus (Annals, c.115-120)

* Suetonius (Lives of the Caesars, c. 125)

* Galen (various writings, c.150)

* Celsus (True Discourse, c.170).

* Mara Bar Serapion (pre-200?)

* Talmudic References( written after 300 CE, but some refs probably go back to eyewitnesses)

*Lucian (Second century)

*Numenius (Second cent.)

*Galerius (Second Cent.)

No one ever questioned Jesus' existence until the 19th century. Not one of his opponents from the first 19 centuries ever questioned that he really existed!
Source

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Jesus came to set the captives free, he didn't come to give the captives hugs and leave them under the authority of Satan...

Jesus should have studied public relations because if satan hugs people and jesus doesn't.....
Jesus multiplied food for thousands of hungry people to eat. He knew more about public relations than to give those hungry people hugs and send them on their way to find their own food. As for myself, I have been hugged by people who could care less about the state of my mind but would rather have my body for themselves, if you are as perceptive as you think you are you'll know what I mean.

Then let the bastard feed africa or the homeless.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I don't have any beliefs. There, I said it.

Then what the heck are you doing putting down adults who've managed to come to some sort of heart-felt and studied conclusions? Maybe you should pipe down about Christianity a little until you feel like you actually know something?

I have Ideas. A lot of them, actually. My mind is filled with them, and it gets new ones all the time, and discards old ones all the time.

That's nice, autowrench. You're an idea man that can't make up his own mind. Although, I must say that you speak here and elsewhere on the boards as if you have A LOT of beliefs.

It's hard to take you seriously, brother. Maybe you'll discard enough silly ideas until you come to the truth one day. I hope so.

That doesn't mean I don't have any affection for your wishy-washy self though.

Just this morning, I woke up to look down at my body, I was floating above it, looking down at it. I quickly "fell down" into my body. Most curious, this. I have astral travelled before, but this is different. I am not like you.

FINALLY, you do have a conviction: Not like me? I truly thank God...but mourn your confusion. You're in my prayers...whether you like it or not.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by Amadeus

Are you a bastard? And if not, prove it too me. Do you have any "paper work" saying your not a bastard? Because Jesus does.....

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Then let the bastard feed africa or the homeless.

Jesus will be back soon, until then the harvest is plenty but the workers are few.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MarlboroRedCowgirl

You brought up anti-semitism Cowgirl. How that relates to not being a Christian makes no sense to me whatsoever. Where did that even come from? You said that you were once an Atheist, and I mentioned earlier that I was once a Christian. So it looks like the both if us have been on the other side. At the end of the day, it's not personal. People can believe what they want. No hard feelings. ~SheopleNation

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Azadok

Who is to say the fallen angels and watcher angels did not come in space crafts , the descriptions in the bible in Ezekiel describe God coming down to earth in one sitting on his throne in it . Numerous other places describe what sounds like space craft.

Why would a supernatural being need a spacecraft to get around? Ever study on Angels, friend?

The word angels is derived from the Greek word angelos, which means messenger. Malakh, the Hebrew word for angel, also means messenger, and both words nicely coincide with the Persian word for angel, angaros, similarly meaning a courier.
History of Angels
It is a Greek word, so I guess the Angels are all Greek. The Hebrew word is "malach," which means "messenger." So in the Hebrew Bible, ‘malach’ doesn’t have that ‘angel’ connotation of winged creatures benevolently watching over us.” Also, the word "Demon" doesn’t occur at all in the Hebrew Bible. Never. Both are Christian inventions.

Apparently, you don't have any comprehension in the language these words were written in.

מַלְאָךְיהוה ; ma'lach YHWH ; angel of the LORD

I think for the sake of being redundant, the authors thought people would be smart enough to tell that ma'lach were not human messengers. I guess not

In the Bible, whenever you get a noun attached to the word Elohim (YHWH) it means that it is proceeding from Heaven. Angels are divine messengers, and there are two types of them; the Seraphim with 6 wings and the Cherubim with 2.

Again, do the due research autowrench. I'm noticing a disturbing trend from you. For the purpose of being anti-christian, you seem to be readily willing to sacrifice common knowledge and concretized evidence. Perhaps your weird adulation to the Sumerian culture is blurring your vision.

The word daimon (demon) , in the LXX (Septuagint) is translated from the Hebrew word sheddim.

"They sacrificed to demons (se'dilm) that were no gods, to gods they had never known, to new gods that had come recently, whom your fathers had never dreaded." - Duet. 32:17

In the book of Enoch, demons are specifically stated as the departed spirits of the Nephillim, a Rephaim

Lastly, who says divine beings are restricted to primitive tools? Look at this passage:

"When Joshua was by Jericho, he lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, a man was standing before him with his drawn sword in his hand. And Joshua went to him and said to him, “Are you for us, or for our adversaries?” "Neither," he replied, "but as commander of the army of the LORD I have now come." Then Joshua fell facedown to the ground in reverence, and asked him, "What message does my Lord have for his servant?" - Joshua 5:13-14

So we have Joshua who thinks this man with the sword in his hands is the enemy. The man then states that he is commander of the LORD's army, a divine being. Interesting right? Could it be that these divine beings change technology to fit in with the time? We can see in 1 Enoch, that the divine beings are the ones who gave humans this technology in the first place.

Azazel taught humans how to make knives, swords, shields and armor/metallurgy.
Sariel taught humans the courses of the moon.
Baraqel taught humans astrology.
Armaros taught humans enchantment.
Shamsiel taught humans the songs of the sun.

Why would these divine beings come back with the same primitive tools?

Current scientific theories describe higher dimensions than the 3rd dimension as having no time. Events aren't chronological, they have unfolded and are unfolding. Like everything is in front of you. All the events and technology of mankind in front of these beings eyes. I think the most plausible option is that the spiritual realm is a higher dimension of ours, from observable events.

I'm sure alot of us have heard the theories that governments have or are trying to reverse engineer UFOs. Who are the pilots of the UFOs?

Are they space aliens
(yeah right)?
OR
Are these the descendants of the original sinning divine beings, who in the past gave mankind advanced technology from the Heavens?

edit on 14-3-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Someone once said that the Bible is too amazing to be authored by man. Man would and usually does- gloss over history and leaves out relevant but distastful facts. The bible does no such thing. All the gory details are there. That in itself proves that it's not manmade.

Some examples:
-Cain and Abel, the first two offspring on the earth. One kills the other.
-Moses, the revered one, actually killed a person before receiving his call from God.
-two daughters have sex with a drunken father.
-a girl posed as a prostitute- and seduced a patriarchal man.... then gotten pregnant by him. She then proved it was by the same man because he had his locket, seal, or something unique to him.
-a brother kept getting all these strange dreams and was favored by his father. The other brothers got jealous and threw him into a well to die. The one thrown into the well then by miraculous circumstances and patience was involved in different situations, then ended up to be 2nd in command in Egypt.
-a whore lied to people searching for two Israelis. She later on married an Israeli.
-a person, Noah, withstood the mockings of his neighbors for about 110 years (they lived a long time then) because he was building a great big ark on the land.
-Jesus, who did nothing but preach for people to follow God and did many miracles... was conspired against and was crucified by the religious leaders of the day. It was all foreseen and expected by God however, who planned for Jesus to die for the sins of all of us.
-Paul the apostle arrested and murdered Christians before he was radically converted. After that, he was inspired to write most of the New Testament books.
-All, or 90% of the Apostles who knew and spoke to Jesus- were persecuted and martyred (killed for their faith). If the bible was written by man, only... would they have allowed this to happen to themselves?

Even after thousands of years, the history revisionists have not 'cleaned up' the various accounts. This is because it's not just another book- to alter to 'make things pretty'.... and they know that.

To tell you the truth, I had some hesitations about the Bible as well. But once I accepted Jesus as my Salvation, and the miracle happened, the apparent conflicts in the Bible are just considered misunderstandings on my part.
edit on 15/3/2012 by MarkJS because: because I like to write in these entries.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

No, you missed the point, Joseph Smith, jr., didn't do anything wrong, he added some parts are were missing in the bible but failed to restore all the missing points of the bible before he was murdered. How would you like it if someone came in, while you were in the middle of translating a book, and killed you? I wouldn't be too happy for it, but for the LDS first prophet, he was arrested over 5 times and was in the most brutal of holes in the US all for telling the truth and how to be better than before.

To clarify on who compiled the Bible, it was Constantine, a Roman king, and a dumbhead at that. I'm looking for more truth, and some are willing to kill to keep the truth from the ignorant.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noncompatible
The Bible is a book that has been read more, and examined less, than any book that ever existed. - Thomas Paine

Properly read, the bible is the most potent force for Atheism ever conceived. - Isaac Asimov

These two simple quotes, my personal favorites, say all that needs to be said regarding the bible.

Only if one is lacking in the powers of observation.and is completely biased on the subject for fear of the authority a Creator would be entitle to over his creation. Or if you choose to regurgitate someone else's thought's.
Only out of convenience so you can right the matter off and be done with it. In which case wrong or correct really don't even matter to you. So you get what you pay for in the end.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join