It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible and the war against God's true and only work.

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgement: I am the LORD. V.13 And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt. V.14 And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to the LORD throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever. V.15 Seven days shall ye eat unleavened bread; even the first day ye shall put away leaven out of your houses: for whosoever eateth leavened bread from the first day until the seventh day, that soul shall be cut off from Israel. This is where the holiday pass over came from. It came from our LORD ALMIGHTY. And it sure sounds like Israel is in the same region as Egypt. Now I'm not a genus but thats plain talk.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
This post is driving me crazy that it is still alive. so i pose the question, why do we not hear from the fish-jesus, who took it in the shorts. Why did he not right the bible if he was the savior god

And if he was God, why talk about himself , all the while dying for another

The gist of my argument is this, jesus dies, and tells his commune that when you die your dead, however all the while as all this happens someone else writes his lifes journies 250 years later, hell will anyone remember Michael Jordan 250 years from now?

That is the three million dollar question

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
This post is driving me crazy that it is still alive. so i pose the question, why do we not hear from the fish-jesus, who took it in the shorts. Why did he not right the bible if he was the savior god

The gist of my argument is this, jesus dies, and tells his commune that when you die your dead, however all the while as all this happens someone else writes his lifes journies 250 years later, hell will anyone remember Michael Jordan 250 years from now?

I guess, it just became a big matter of "impression management". For example, if you read Samuel very carefully, David appears to be one ambitious and tyrannical SOB. But since the book was probably written during the time when the Israelites were invaded, they needed to change the message to conform to their need which is lifting up their spirits in times of crisis.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by finalflash

I guess, it just became a big matter of "impression management". For example, if you read Samuel very carefully, David appears to be one ambitious and tyrannical SOB. But since the book was probably written during the time when the Israelites were invaded, they needed to change the message to conform to their need which is lifting up their spirits in times of crisis.

Ok, so my next question is this:And he changeth the times and the seasons; He removeth

kings, and setteth up kings; he giveth wisdom unto the wise,

and knowledge to them that know understanding. He revealeth

the deep and secret things; he knoweth what is in the darkness,

and the light dwelleth with him." ( Dn 2: 20-22 )

Ultimately, if the bible is written by god wright?
Why if god puts all the kings in power does he pass judgement on hiself with revelations

Does he ultimately get pissed off with his decisions and hand his smite out on his pasture for his own judgement calls

edit on 15-3-2012 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Ok, so my next question is this:And he changeth the times and the seasons; He removeth

Why if god puts all the kings in power does he pass judgement on hiself with revelations

Does he ultimately get pissed off with his decisions and hand his smite out on his pasture for his own judgement calls

As far as the Old Testament goes, you are correct. That's how God was portrayed. When you look at the new testament, however, God appears to be one big loving dad. Like I said, it's a matter of impression management for the readers for the time these books were written.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Kinda of hard to believe that this god loves me, when he puts leaders in charge that he knows that he is going to at a later time throw fire and brim-stone my way

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Kinda of hard to believe that this god loves me, when he puts leaders in charge that he knows that he is going to at a later time throw fire and brim-stone my way

Thanks, was not sure if i was taking it wrong.

As far as the Old Testament goes, you are correct. That's how God was portrayed. When you look at the new testament, however, God appears to be one big loving dad. Like I said, it's a matter of impression management for the readers for the time these books were written.

yup, that's how it goes...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Only to those folks who slap away His outstretched hand of grace and forgiveness. And God is a stalker, He will continue to pursue and woo you every day of your life even when He's rejected each and every time. The sheppard will leave the 99 who are safe to fetch the one who is still lost.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by finalflash

When you look at the new testament, however, God appears to be one big loving dad.

I get the same feeling about God in the OT. Just because a Dad is loving doesn't mean he will refuse to protect his own kids. That same loving dad might get downright violent if he feels his children are in harms way.

God is no different.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
reply to post by FreedomCommander

Honestly.

Perhaps we all need to hang our heads as we lost the significance of a Star's Trek that was the conjunction of three planets that became the special star the Magi sought that was the real and only Trinity in the Heavens of Jesus.

Science Officer Spock says: Relax Captain Picard, When Q comes around playing god we have always found a way to outsmart him.

It does appear when those that decided to make Jesus into god that they did indeed confur upon the gentleman the immortality for his ideas and image. And. also, for his want to change the uses of God in the wrong ways by corrupt religion controllers, to become again addressed at a latter point in time as it becomes one huge war.

That immortality for ideas effect is perhaps the biggest concept behind the Mystery School's teachings. It certainly worked for Tammuz and Nimrod and a procession before them, but they all died in the physical sense. Yet, the Tammus idea immortality lived on as the Babylon Talmud and the issues of satan and economic tyranny are still the Great Satan of exploitation for mankind.

It appears it is that time of great war to correct the wrongs, as great wrongs make for great wars. Armegeddon was not so difficult a forecast.

Honestly !!

Perhaps the thread's theme is more on target than some would imagine, as the Bible does appear to be in part a war against God's true and only work, and that was that Jesus was created by the Essene's want for a Messiah to repair a great wrong and that repair process is still working.

So, now via the Mystery School's method that confur immortality upon ideas, we have the god of Babylon's lower realm's non-pious god against the pious truth of the higher realm of Jesus. It is much about the OT god vs the NT God, a war between Satan and The Greater Good for mankind.

In the End, as all is explained of the sordid details for the need to fight the evil using the like methods of the Mystery School's games for immortality of ideas and for winning the higher realm concepts for mankind, we shall find that Jesus' rise into Heaven was based upon these old concepts to fight fire with fire across the milleniums of time. An Evil god against the Good God, and when all the wars are fought and peace and prosperity are in hand for all the masses, we'll discover from the greatest moral teacher of all times that he was indeed just a man with a heart of good intention, a vast knowledge of religion, and his few true followers won the war beteen the gods.

And we all might be walking along acting as the Egyptian Anubis with the scales that find which person's heart was lite and which was heavy, and the person allowed again that everlasting respect is Jesus' theme. Yet, he remains a man in the end.

edit on 15-3-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Armageddon

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Then what the heck are you doing putting down adults who've managed to come to some sort of heart-felt and studied conclusions? Maybe you should pipe down about Christianity a little until you feel like you actually know something?

It is called Freedom of Speech, friend.
And I happen to know a great deal, thank you very much. Care to discuss something? I simply provide education, I do not put down, or insult anyone, unless they call it down on themselves.
The reason I am always taking on Christianity is simple, if let loose, Religion will be the State Religion, and people like me will be burned at the stake like before, make no mistake about it. Secondly, the Draco are in full control of Christianity, and will take as many Souls as they can. As long as there is breath in my body, I will fight against them, and their agenda.

It's hard to take you seriously, brother. Maybe you'll discard enough silly ideas until you come to the truth one day. I hope so.

Do not feel bad, very few people can even talk to me. Even in here. Too many closed minds, I guess. I am an inventor, and a published author. The funny thing is, my dear wife can talk to be on any subject, and she is not near as educated as I. Then I come in here, and talk to people who are highly educated, and they cannot talk to me. One day all of you Christians will have a wake up call, wait and see if you do not. When that day comes, do not look in here for me, I will no longer be here.
I do not care if you "pray for me," many pray to a dead man for the same thing. I have no Lord, and no Master. Sorry that you do friend.
Love your Charlie Chan avatar though.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

Again, do the due research autowrench. I'm noticing a disturbing trend from you. For the purpose of being anti-christian, you seem to be readily willing to sacrifice common knowledge and concretized evidence. Perhaps your weird adulation to the Sumerian culture is blurring your vision.

Hmmmm. Let me see. according to you, my "devotion" to the very first High Culture on Planet Earth, thousands of years before anything that could be called a Church came along has "blurred my vision," as you say. You sound a lot like a preacher that lives down the hill from me, according to him, all History was authored by Satan, and is not to be paid attention to. Is that your stance also?
Christianity is a child, it is new in the big scope of things. Christianity is meant for control of a people, to instil fear to a degree one never leaves, and to teach of an outside Divine that you can never find, or know, without the Church. I found the Divine, right here inside me. Didn't need anyone to point it out, or didn't need to do anything but look for it.
All Roads Lead to Ancient Sumer, whether you like it or not. You cannot just erase history.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

The reason I am always taking on Christianity is simple, if let loose, Religion will be the State Religion, and people like me will be burned at the stake like before, make no mistake about it.

Don't you mean "Catholicism"?

Christians were the ones being burned at the stake, they weren't holding the matches. Pope Pious (sp?) ordered more Christians murdered in a single afternoon than all the emperors of Rome COMBINED under 200 some years of Roman persecutions.

edit on 15-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

You know, that is what I wonder. Why didn't this man, infused with supernatural magickal powers, able to walk on water, raise the dead, alter the molecules of water...why didn't he write a journal, or at least why didn't one or two of his men write down something about him? The principle writer (Paul) about Jesus never met him! Even his place of birth, Nazareth, did not exist in the 1st century AD. The fact is, we have absolutely no trace or mention of Jesus’ exploits anywhere until the gospels were written decades after the purported events. Even Paul, the great proselytizer of Christianity, never quotes his Lord, but instead habitually turns to Jewish scripture for divine endorsement. Why is that? one wonders? Wouldn't he have at least been well known during his time with all his miracles? It is the major quandary in Christianity. Not so much that his birth went unrecorded, but that his adult life and 'alleged' miracles, including those connected with his 'alleged' crucifixion went totally unnoticed by any historian of the time.
I often hear, "there is more historical evidence for Jesus Christ than for Cleopatra." Not only do we have portraits and sculptures of Cleopatra, but also recorded documents from contemporary historians, as well as archaeological discoveries of the many palaces and temples she had built. Why none of this for the Superman of Christianity? For an educated person, it is hard to think the man even existed in the first place, with the lack of evidence and history, when we have these things for others who live during the time in question, and before.

While I am on this, one more thing. Why is it when someone says they "talk to Jesus" they are fully accepted, and all peers believe without question....then another person says they talk to an ET, and that is automatically a Demon. Or a person sees a dead relative, and that too is a Demon. How does one come to that? How does one believe in, without question, a man of which no evidence exists, but not in things that are real, and tangible, like Ancient History?
That was the whole purpose of THIS THREAD, in the first place.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

This is merely conjecture, but perhaps the Romans went to great lengths to erase Jesus from history following his crucifixion. Since he was a political dissident, it seems reasonable that the Romans would want to cover up any trace of his existence, hence the lack of documentation from his time. This could also help explain why he became more of a mythological figure rather than merely a man who stood up for something he believed in.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

You know, that is what I wonder. Why didn't this man, infused with supernatural magickal powers, able to walk on water, raise the dead, alter the molecules of water...why didn't he write a journal, or at least why didn't one or two of his men write down something about him? The principle writer (Paul) about Jesus never met him! Even his place of birth, Nazareth, did not exist in the 1st century AD. The fact is, we have absolutely no trace or mention of Jesus’ exploits anywhere until the gospels were written decades after the purported events. Even Paul, the great proselytizer of Christianity, never quotes his Lord, but instead habitually turns to Jewish scripture for divine endorsement. Why is that? one wonders? Wouldn't he have at least been well known during his time with all his miracles? It is the major quandary in Christianity. Not so much that his birth went unrecorded, but that his adult life and 'alleged' miracles, including those connected with his 'alleged' crucifixion went totally unnoticed by any historian of the time

I know I already wrote this down in this thread once. But to be sure you get it. You know, think Wrench. You yourself just pointed out something on the scale of a miracle that includes everyone who has come to believe on him, Christ.
The fact that he did die in such away that was commonality ? Absolutely in obscurity to history ? He should be just another brutal Roman crucifixion ! Not withstanding at all from the rest. Why isn't that the case ? Instead of
the millions who have suffered a horrible death rather than curse him. It 's supposed to make you wonder.

But you will likely never admit to how backwards you look at things. Oh wait let me not forget . Because you've been so traumatised.

[snip]editby]edit on 15-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/3/12 by masqua because: Removed personal attack

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Why didn't this man, infused with supernatural magickal powers, able to walk on water, raise the dead, alter the molecules of water...why didn't he write a journal, or at least why didn't one or two of his men write down something about him? The principle writer (Paul) about Jesus never met him! Even his place of birth, Nazareth, did not exist in the 1st century AD. The fact is, we have absolutely no trace or mention of Jesus’ exploits anywhere until the gospels were written decades after the purported events.

The first question stumps me as well. Why did HE not write this stuff down.....and if he DID, where are those texts?

No, in the Bible there is no discussion of his early childhood with the Essenes in Egypt, nor of where he went after the temple fracass which was East, to study more with the mystics and gnostics.
BUT, in the East, there ARE documents explaining what he was doing, and with whom, and how impressed they were.

There are numerous recent books regarding these circumstances, it is becoming more well known...although still discredited by the hard-core myth-believers. I, for one, feel the information makes a lot of sense, fills in those gaps, explains WHY those gaps are there; anyone who is open-minded enough to read those historians' work can't just say "no way." It's more a feeling of "aHA!" Especially with the added data provided by the Nag Hammadi texts, the Dead Sea Scrolls, the sacred documents on the Buddhist temples (see Notovitch), and letters from the Essenes themselves.

What does NOT surprise me is that the RCC, naturally, and its Protestant offshoots, don't want people learning about this...of course they don't! "Uh oh. No job for me if this gets out." Why, on the other hand, don't they TEACH it?

That would go a long way to unifying all the bickering "faithful." And isn't that the best idea for humanity? I find it impossible that the man called Jesus, whoever he was, would be smiling down on the mess we have made here....
and anyone who still embraces ANY of the pre-packaged religions would cause him many a face-palm and head shaking.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I know I already wrote this down in this thread once. But to be sure you get it. You know, think Wrench. You yourself just pointed out something on the scale of a miracle that includes everyone who has come to believe on him, Christ.
The fact that he did die in such away that was commonality ? Absolutely in obscurity to history ? He should be just another brutal Roman crucifixion ! Not withstanding at all from the rest. Why isn't that the case ? Instead of
the millions who have suffered a horrible death rather than curse him. It 's supposed to make you wonder.

But you will likely never admit to how backwards you look at things. Oh wait let me not forget . Because you've been so traumatised.

[snip]
edit on 15-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/3/12 by masqua because: Removed personal attack from quote

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join