It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible and the war against God's true and only work.

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

Alexander the Great never existed.

If the bible is proof then i suggest you read Maccabees (That's in the Catholic Bible)

wiki

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

TextAlways with the Fallen Angels, and never with who it really was, Aliens. It was Beings like Re, and Thoth that taught the knowledge of the Stars and the Magicks to humankind, and these were both Atlantians, and before that, who knows, but not Earth Humans. Read that story again, and instead of "Angels," put in "ET Beings," and replace "Giants" with "ET Beings." and the story is much more believable.

Who is to say the fallen angels and watcher angels did not come in space crafts , the descriptions in the bible in Ezekiel describe God coming down to earth in one sitting on his throne in it . Numerous other places describe what sounds like space craft.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

No it's not off topic as anyone can see that my request is in correlation to your own ridiculous request because as everyone knows absence of proof is not proof of absence. Not at all off topic. We're still in the same thread talking about the same thing. Nice try.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
Honestly if you subscribe to the motto deny ignorance, you should probably abondan the bible and religion.

I would most wholeheartedly agree with that! Casting off the chains of religious dogma was the best thing I ever did.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
Honestly if you subscribe to the motto deny ignorance, you should probably abondan the bible and religion.

I would most wholeheartedly agree with that! Casting off the chains of religious dogma was the best thing I ever did.

They chained you up?

Geez... they go through any length these days eh...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

No it's not off topic as anyone can see that my request is in correlation to your own ridiculous request because as everyone knows absence of proof is not proof of absence. Not at all off topic. We're still in the same thread talking about the same thing. Nice try.

So me asking for evidence of something that has NEVER been provided is the same as asking for proof of historical figures we KNOW to be real? Wow....

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

No not at all again. The burden of proof hasn't been met according to your make'em up as you go along rules.
If the same scholarly proof is evidence enough that Alexander the Great existed? Why do I need bones or dna to show that Christ existed. Oh I just said why didn't I ? I haven't even mentioned the fact that he died in near obscurity but somehow increased his case load to I'd say more than 9 billion thru history. As a guess. But you need more than that !
edit on 14-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Offtopic, that was just crap.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I would certainly bet that this woman reads her bible, probably every day. And she is on a mission from God. Or is it Jesus?
On a Visit to the U.S., a Nigerian Witch-Hunter Explains Herself
Reading the bible is one thing. Understanding what is is is another.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Onboard2

Hear hear! I too often wonder just when it was that Goddess became a man, a God. A Feminine Divinity was worshipped for thousands of years before Christianity came along with their Witch Burnings and all male crew of Gods. She has not been forgotten, at least not by Her many followers. Time to place Her back on Her Throne, and tell these cruel and jealous men Gods to bugger off! What have they done anyway? Teach us to war with each other?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

So what chains of religious dogma did you shake off to reveal such a blossoming personality Auto ?

I'm kidding but really was it Catholic ? Or......

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vsc1981
Anyone care to answer my questions? How hard is it to give Jesus Christ your heart and soul? I mean I'd rather give them to Jesus and then when i die go to heaven and not have any pain nor sorrow than to deny Jesus and be cast into hell with Satan and be in pain and be tortured forever and ever. I ask you really how much effort would you have to put into having faith and believing in Jesus? Its only feelings and thoughts. But those feelings have to be true and genuine. And i think its refreshing to read the bible. It gives me great piece of mind. I've opened my to other beliefs and religions but never took any of them in. They just don't feel right. Does that mean i condemn anyone who has a different religion or beliefs? Absolutely not! All I'm doing here is trying to open minds to my religion and beliefs. I respect others decisions regarding what they believe so i expect the same. I don't understand why because i believe in the God and the bible I'm scorned. That doesn't seem right.

Before I respond, please understand that I am in no way telling you that I am better than you, I believe in God's existance for I have seen for myself the wonders of the work of the Holy Spirit, but I do not consider myself to be a Christian. There are two reasons for this: 1. I am a sinner, and hope to be enabled to stop sinning as an alcoholic hopes to be enabled to stop their bad habit. 2. I don't believe the mainstream ideologies that Christians (or other religions) cling to with a staunch passivity. I am here because there is a battle going on in the spirit realm/dimension between good and evil and part of working for the good guys is not merely by doing good things for others, but also actively opposing the forces that seek to draw me and those within my influence off the narrow and difficult path to eternal life.

Jesus came to set the captives free, he didn't come to give the captives hugs and leave them under the authority of Satan because to live a life of sin and sinning until you die, quite honestly is not what Jesus meant when he said. Luke 25-30 A large crowd was following Jesus. He turned around and said to them, “If you want to be my disciple, you must hate everyone else by comparison—your father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even your own life. Otherwise, you cannot be my disciple. And if you do not carry your own cross and follow me, you cannot be my disciple. But don’t begin until you count the cost.

To carry your own cross is to be prepared for physical death, to follow Him is to do the works he did, even greater works because Jesus sends the Holy Spirit to whomever He chooses. Jesus himself said that He does not pray for every single soul in the world, but for those who have been given to Him. You say that all you are doing here is trying to open minds to your religion and beliefs, but I think that your efforts would be well spent if you were to try to open your own mind to your religion and beliefs. Because clearly you are asking ATS members questions that you, as a self-professed bible lover, should already know. You are trying to lead people away from the truth, by assuring them that being a Christian is easy, play church, and pretend pray, and that is why Christianity has opposition, because there are people who want to know the truth.

The answers to the questions you seem to sincerely not understand are in the bible, if you would believe it, you would not expect people to respect your beliefs, no matter how much you condone the broad way of life that leads to destruction.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Alright have it your way. Jesus Christ Marc Antony and Alexander the Great never existed.

You need a lil more ?
I never for a minute was trying to convince you.

You might be right. I don't think there is any physical evidence for their existence either.]
Anatoly Fomenko in his books History Fiction or Science give charts of coincidences listing kings and rulers that he says are reflections of people and events that all happened from the1100's to the 1400's. History was lengthened backwards thousands of years. It all made interesting reading and made use of the just invented printing press in the 1400's. It was an economic boom for writers, printers and paper makers.

Likewise, he says that the bible was written during this time, and that all the stories in it are patterned on events of this same period.
This site has one such chart of coincidences in the lengths of reign. Others also have corresponding events.
Read the article. the chart is about 1/2 way down.
www.revisedhistory.org...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

The Hebrew word amen derives from the same ancient triliteral Hebrew root as does the verb ʾāmán.

How can that be? The Hebrew Language contains not one vowel! The vowels are, at least when I went to school, a,e,i, o, u, and sometimes y. So, there is no Hebrew Root for the word at all, but rather a Greek Root Word instead. I have often read in these Bible that it is a "true translation from the earlier tongues", and I have to laugh at that. There is plainly no way to translate Hebrew to English and get it all straight with the correct meanings. Want to know the true Bible? Learn Hebrew and read the Talmud.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders

Jesus came to set the captives free, he didn't come to give the captives hugs and leave them under the authority of Satan...

Jesus should have studied public relations because if satan hugs people and jesus doesn't.....

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok

Are you another one with your head in the sand about giants , as regards to coming from normal size woman , the babies do grow , look at Andrea the giant of wrestling . I am guessing but I imagine that giants mated with giants ponce their was enough of them .

I seriously doubt if Andre the Giant, or 10 Andre the Giants could in fact build one of the Monoliths. We are talking ET Beings 12 feet tall here, friend. Annunaki, perhaps. I was just saying that the story doesn't make a lot of sense. A 12 foot Giant could not be born of Earth woman.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

Who is to say the fallen angels and watcher angels did not come in space crafts , the descriptions in the bible in Ezekiel describe God coming down to earth in one sitting on his throne in it . Numerous other places describe what sounds like space craft.

Why would a supernatural being need a spacecraft to get around? Ever study on Angels, friend?

The word angels is derived from the Greek word angelos, which means messenger. Malakh, the Hebrew word for angel, also means messenger, and both words nicely coincide with the Persian word for angel, angaros, similarly meaning a courier.
History of Angels
It is a Greek word, so I guess the Angels are all Greek. The Hebrew word is "malach," which means "messenger." So in the Hebrew Bible, ‘malach’ doesn’t have that ‘angel’ connotation of winged creatures benevolently watching over us.” Also, the word "Demon" doesn’t occur at all in the Hebrew Bible. Never. Both are Christian inventions.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

So what chains of religious dogma did you shake off to reveal such a blossoming personality Auto ?

I'm kidding but really was it Catholic ? Or......

Church of God. Jesus every two seconds, Satan every three seconds. Big war going on for my Soul. Do this and go to heaven, do that and go to Hell. Forget anything that is fun to do, dress all like the rest of them, give them money, let them pray over me.....very cult like, looking back. There came a day when I had some questions for the preacher, he told me to "read your Bible son, all the answers are in there. So, I did that, I read it, and then I no longer had a few questions,. I had hundreds of them. I was asked to leave when I asked who the Goddess Diana, mentioned in Acts 19:35 of the KJV Bible, and told him that I did not spring from the loins of a man.
I threw it all off, and went my own way. Years later I began a Grail Research Project, which led me to a Religion and Christian History project, and here I am today. It has been a long, strange trip.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I seriously doubt if Andre the Giant, or 10 Andre the Giants could in fact build one of the Monoliths. We are talking ET Beings 12 feet tall here, friend. Annunaki, perhaps. I was just saying that the story doesn't make a lot of sense. A 12 foot Giant could not be born of Earth woman.

Well they didn't have to be 12' when they were born.
Come on now ? Little onk was born at 7:31 am and weighed 1191 lbs and 13 oz. and was 129 inches long.
He gets the cone head from his fathers side.

Church of God. Jesus every two seconds, Satan every three seconds. Big war going on for my Soul. Do this and go to heaven, do that and go to Hell. Forget anything that is fun to do, dress all like the rest of them, give them money, let them pray over me.....very cult like, looking back. There came a day when I had some questions for the preacher, he told me to "read your Bible son, all the answers are in there. So, I did that, I read it, and then I no longer had a few questions,. I had hundreds of them. I was asked to leave when I asked who the Goddess Diana, mentioned in Acts 19:35 of the KJV Bible, and told him that I did not spring from the loins of a man.

But I see this as a big mistake on your part Auto. Don't get me wrong I have never in my life been the type of person to put up with that kind of CRAP. That's just the neg. effects of organized religion driving you away from something that I feel in my heart is the absolute truth. Auto you should be able to tell by my posts that I'm no holy roller. I'm no Bible thumper. But after a lot of careful consideration looking for a way to explain existence ?
I ended up at the cross. All you have done is let man ruin something that should be very personal to you. And the absolute one thing that matters most in this life. Look I just believe. If I want to go to a church just to check em out I go. I would hate to have gone thru what you experienced. But at the same time I don't believe I would let it matter so much. This is an appeal to simply get you to look at the bigger picture if you haven't done that otherwise. The seeds in you will either grow or they won't. It won't be by me that they do.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

...Years later I began a Grail Research Project, which led me to a Religion and Christian History project, and here I am today. It has been a long, strange trip.

And your "trip" is getting stranger by the minute. What exactly are your basic beliefs, autowrench?

I'm not interested in what you don't believe, i.e. Christianity, but what your best guess is about the world we live in? How do you justify your own far-out ideas as opposed to the Christian's belief?

Riddle me that, dude. Please.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
What they forgot to tell you in this book, OP, is that it's all lies and a method of control... It makes for good stories though
. I hope i get to see the day when the Abrahamic religions are exposed for what they really are-- lies, lies, and more lies.. it sickens me how easily you Christians are fooled; I too used to be a christian until i started asking questions and thinking for myself.. I hope you wake up and see the truth.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join