It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist Totally Refuted! (Do not post Zeitgeist BS ever again)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+69 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Nearly everyone on ATS knows about Zeitgeist. It is constantly referred to and the disinformation spread by it is so rampant that I see "Krishna was crucified" and other such crap in every thread about Ya'hshuah. These lies are propagated by psuedo-archaeologists and charlatans who rely on Biblical, mythological, and historical ignorance to make money.

I have been in so many religious threads in which people refer to Zeitgeist claims with absolutely no backing. It only takes a minute of incredibly shallow research to refute these claims. Still, I am so tired of refuting these stupid ignorant claims and explaining: Krishna wasn't crucified (shot in the foot with an arrow means crucified?), Horus was not born of a virgin, Buddha didn't have twelve disciples, the sun never ever rises in the southern cross constellation ever, Osiris wasn't crucified and was never really resurrected, nowhere in the Bible are the Magi numbered (later Roman tradition, oh, and the three stars in the belt of Orion don't point to Sirius), the differences between the Babylonian trinity (Baal, Queen of Heaven and Sin or Father, Mother, Son not a tri-une God) the Hindu Trinity (Creator, Preserver, Destroyer) and the Christian Trinity (Father, Son, Holy Spirit tri-une Godhead with three distinct persons and one will), and so on and so forth.

I'm tired of addressing these stupid, stupid claims. Feel free to go after the scientific impossibility of Genesis, various perceived contradictions, and paradoxes in the Bible. At least those pursuits are intelligent and show that you have done research instead of spewing ignorance from Zeitgeist, Freke, Gandy, and Kersey Graves.

So without further ado, and so that I hopefully never have to refute something as stupid as the claim that Mithra was born of a virgin (born out of a rock, but I suppose you could say that no one had sex with the rock), I present a (rather lengthy) video that addresses and disproves everything in Zeitgeist (part 1 and 3).

Enjoy!

edit on 16-2-2011 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2011 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2011 by kallisti36 because: Not Zeitgeist in it's entirety, mostly focus on parts 1 and 3

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kallisti36

The links are busted and not showing up. Can you fix please?
Will watch when my connection improves.

Thanks for fixing. Looking now.

edit on 16-2-2011 by Stop-loss! because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Fixed.
Sorry about that.

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
bs or not, at least...five, religions I can think of off the top of my head are basically sun cults, the documentary has a valid point, even if they did fail epically to back up their findings with solid facts instead of...trying to get the point across and failing epically...

ed: before you ask, christianity, paganism, islam, the ancient egyptian religion (horus and those guys) and...the maya believe it or not xD all obsessed with solar phenomena.
edit on 16-2-2011 by madscientistintraining because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Hey, Smart guy. Everyone with the ability to use objective reasoning and research can tell you that the first Zeitgeist was full of # in parts 1 and 3.

Most Zeitgeist conversation today focuses around the viability of the venus project, which remains contentious.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
are we talking about the original or one of the many 'edits' here?

+108 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by madscientistintraining

The OP sounds like a christian who got their ego hurt by knowledge.(kinda like how the original sin of adam/eve was searching for knowledge) only idiots believe that stuff anyway. must hurt to find out the bible is not the end all of life or death..

whats wrong OP mad you were lied to by some backwoods hick preacher? and to embarassed to let the message of zeitgesit sink in..

I bet you hate Bill Hicks, George Carlin, and Christopher Hitchens too.. and you probably hate Religulous also..

+28 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kallisti36
These lies are propagated by psuedo-archaeologists and charlatans operating who rely on Biblical, mythological, and historical ignorance to make money.

The text I have quoted from your op can also be said about today's modern religions,but you would also have to add the murder and genocide these religions have perpetrated throughout history.
Believe what you wish.

FYI we are not the center of the universe, just one of the 2000 year old lies.

edit on 16-2-2011 by LDragonFire because: restructured the paragraph

+77 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I hate to be the one to burst your Roxbury bubble, but, Zeitgeist isn't just about religion, or Jesus, or Christianity. Even if that first part of the first movie was completely refuted, which I don't agree that it has been, that would still only be one part of one of three films. Jesus may have been real, but there is no proof, period. That is why proof in Christianity has been suplanted by faith. Live and let live my friend, believe what you want to believe. Think about this, nobody is forcing anyone to conform to those absurd Zeitgeist ideas of reality but for centuries millions of people have been forced to conform to those absurd Christian, Muslim, Judaism ideas. Just sayin...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by madscientistintraining

Good question, all of the editions of the Zeitgeist videos i've seen are all backed up with valid and solid evidence???

Your statements and videos dont really prove anything, but a persons opinion?

edit on 16-2-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

+57 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
the thread title says "Zeitgeist totally refuted" but I can't find any video posted on here that talks about 9/11, or the federal reserve, or the income tax, or anything on Zeitgeist Addendum or part 3. So is this just about the defense of Christianity? When I first watched Zeitgeist I did some research on the various gods similar to Jesus, and I found that Zeitgeist took a little bit of creative journalism when comparing all the gods to each other, I think the point was to show the similarities between the different religions. But I don't appreciate people saying Zeitgeist totally refuted when only 1 part of the first video is debated.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
You actually can't prove any of your assertions any more or any less than you claim they can't prove theirs. Yet you seem to fail to see the irony in this. The evil side of me hopes this spawns a whole new influx of Zeitgeist BS just to allow you the chance to partake in some lively discussions.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I don't know, but when I came down from the feelgood high after watching the first Zeigeist movie, there was a distinct post-population reduction NWO/Georgia Guidestones type vibe hanging around.
Especially after seeing a video of one of the Rockefekkers doing a speech at one of their gatherings.

I haven't watched the vids above yet, but I will later, when I have more time.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Watched it already.

It's basically calling out bullcrap, while using bullcrap as a debunking method.

It's such a touchy topic with so many different perspectives that has contributed to it over the years, it's literally impossible to get everyone under one conclusion in anything. Why? "because I'm right and your wrong, watch this video".

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Who, any sane person, I mean, gives a crap about a religion..Religion is a farce..Just a government by another name..Forget all this mess your parents , teachers, and others have told you. It's all rubbish..get out there and find out the real truth for yourself...Like Bill Cooper said "listen to everyone,believe no-one, and make up your own mind about everything....".I don't give a dam if there is 5 jesus's, 9 budda's,6 krishna's, etc....it has NOTHING to do with me or you.....Forget that mess and live your OWN life......

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
i watched the first video. soz the arguments are weak. there are similarties between jesus and many other such figures. why do you have a problem with that. why are you claiming zeitgeist totlaly refuted when you videos only touch on small parts of the documentries. I dont have time to watch all the videos it would have been nice if you had put some of your stronger refutes into words...
if you dont mind me asking are you are christian. If so why would you want this debate. Jesus is not something that can be proven or disproven and if you are happy beleiving in him then good for you. You should not take umbridge that others dont and others should not take ubridge if you do.

kx
edit on 16-2-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

+39 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If you are so sick of hearing about it in threads then why did you create a thread about it in the first place.

"Zeitgeist Totally Refuted". Just a reminder, totally means wholly, fully, nothing left. So would you kindly point me to where this crap you call a vid. actually refutes all of it?

That's right, you can't. In fact it seems you have abandoned your own thread. Mods please move this to the rant section. Thanks.

.....Oh, btw. Don't EVER tell us what we can and can't do.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I'm all for discussion of the finer points here but I don't think anyone is believing that the entire film in each of its many parts and ammendums has been refuted.

I also came back to point out while sun cultism is usually related to the illuminati I do not think that religions or groups of people taking lessons from the stars is generally a bad thing, and of the five religions and groups I mentioned not all of those are anything to do with the illuminati. some blatently are and some are blatently connected, but how and in what aspect is a matter for discussion.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
oh yawn, hiss, yawn, hiss... give it a rest will ya? stop being so touchy about your archaic, fraudulent, and no longer relevent religious dogma and customs, which are all ficticiously based upon older myths; please do some real homework before you start barking orders at a forum -- how dare you

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Much of Zeitgeist1 if I am not mistaking is based on the work of Acharya S

www.truthbeknown.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join