It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret works....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

So, for us novices, how did you and your wife actually visualize and focus on these issues? Was it together as a unit? Was it at a specific time like a prayer or a meditation, or was it just internalized to bring it to the top of your mind throughout the day?

First, we kind of discussed it, and really kind of hammered out a bullet list of things we want in life. We then agreed to spend at least some time during the day, to think about those things, and simply keep them in the top of our mind. No formalized prayer or meditation, just constantly focusing on the good things, and what we wanted. It started with checks from seemingly nowhere...something we forgot about, or some kind of refund, etc. usually small amounts, but we added it up during the first year, and it was around $1100 in completely unexpected monies. I mentioned one example, where I had this faux wood and leather steering wheel cover (in my 2002 van with about 140,000 miles on it), to help me visualize driving a luxury car. Today, I could go buy a new car with cash, if I wanted to. (I don't, I'd rather not squander so much). Like I said, pretty life-changing.

Also, is there any regret to this? I know you didn't wish for the inheritance, and you never would have wanted it this way, but the results are nice. The old saying goes, "Be careful what you wish for." Do you have any regret or feelings of responsibility for having your dreams come true in this manner?

Some, yes, of course. But, he's been in poor health for years, and he's largely ignored it despite all of our pleas to keep going to the doctors. Also, he was never there for her as a father, and he knew it and owned up to it (she's the one who kept trying to rebuild the relationship despite it all, as she never felt she could get his attention. She learned otherwise as we were going through the house. He kept everything she'd ever given him, had photos of her all over, etc. It was very touching, really). Before he passed, he said she deserved this, and that at least he could do this for her. Still, none of us wanted to see this. We always assumed he had decades more to live (he was 67), so we never even considered this as an avenue towards the goals.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I guess I'm happy for the OP that he had a windfall, I just find it more than a bit creepy that someone had to die for it to happen, it gets chalked it up to Law of Attraction and everyone is like "ooohhh" and "aahhh".

If that's how it works, no thank you. Sounds more like the "Law of Break Even" or worse, "Law of Sacrifice".

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Haha, you're right. Everyone who gets down on personal benefit will manifestation is just jealous. To advise deep thought when dealing with these extremely powerful energies & concepts is naysaying. Have fun manifesting happy thoughts for your personal "growth" while the world burns. "But all those poor people are just jealous & aren't evolved enough to overcome their self-created suffering." If this is your response to a discussion over the nature & intention of these energies & the way they are being pressed into an easily digestible pop-culture meme, then my response to you is done, oh evolved star-child.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Why cant you give credit to something usefull instead of wellwishing?

How can anyone use this information to improve their lives? As somone whos been on ATS for a while i expect better than this ignorant delusional trash to come out of your mouth.

Well, full credit has to go to her father for building what she inherited.

However, I've already told you how this information can be used to improve one's life. If nothing else ever even comes from it, you'll find that you're at least a bit happier and that happiness tends to attract other happiness. Does this mean no sadness will enter your life? No, of course not. But, you'll handle it better.

And, if you find good things come to you unexpectedly, then you can chalk it up to these ideas, or luck, or prayer, or whatever else you like. I simply stated it worked for me, or at least, that is how I perceive it to be. And it isn't just me. Ever remember those articles about the holographic Universe? There is a lot of serious scientific weight being thrown at the idea of thought begetting reality, so it isn't just the mysticism everyone used to think it was.

One man's ignorant delusional truth, is another man's religion.
As far as it coming from me, check the forum...it's not a research forum.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
For some, it happens because they Believe.
For others, they believe because it Happens.

You are what you feel yourself to BE - Ringing Cedars

Universe Relationship
Teacher: The universe responds to your directives, not your questions, hopes, and prayers. If you choose to define your future by telling the universe what you desire to experience and appreciate, and you hold these thoughts in your mind with fierce persistence, the universe – by its own design – will respond accordingly. If, on the other hand, you ask questions and pray for answers, the universe will respond with a deafening silence because you have not given it direction.

∞LOVE∞

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by getreadyalready

Some, yes, of course. But, he's been in poor health for years, and he's largely ignored it despite all of our pleas to keep going to the doctors. Also, he was never there for her as a father, and he knew it and owned up to it (she's the one who kept trying to rebuild the relationship despite it all, as she never felt she could get his attention. She learned otherwise as we were going through the house. He kept everything she'd ever given him, had photos of her all over, etc. It was very touching, really). Before he passed, he said she deserved this, and that at least he could do this for her. Still, none of us wanted to see this. We always assumed he had decades more to live (he was 67), so we never even considered this as an avenue towards the goals.

(nearly friggin cried reading that!!)
How wonderful for your wife to have had the closure with her dad. It must have meant the world to her to see her things of hers that he had kept over the years-far more than any money or material goods ever could.
Sounds like her will to heal their relationship was very strong, & maybe, it was letting her love in,that was one of his lifes final lessons,(didn't word that right but you know what I mean!).

For those that think her father had to die for them to enjoy this wealth, maybe try to see it as her giving him the greatest gift of all, her love. For how cliche it may sound, there comes a time when we all start realizing what is truly important & I think he has reached this point. Money, goods etc just don't cut it when you've lived a life without love.
I'm sure he died happier & more fulfilled because of her love, & I think your wife's gift was the greater of the two.
edit on 9-3-2012 by jewells because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
If everyone's attitude all the sudden got worse, does it follow that people would be receiving less? I really don't think so.

reply to post by iagainsti

Is that cop's wang hanging out?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I know, I know...yeah right... (and yes, I know it was a marketing gimmick designed to do what it did, make money for the author)...

Well, squawk all you want, but the principles seemed to work for us.
My wife and I have been practicing some of that thinking for the past couple of years. (mostly just so we don't dwell on the negative)

Initially, we did almost immediately see some strange coincidences (money we never expected, etc.).

Now, it's really happened.....

It's all a bit overwhelming (as this has all happened within a week), and of course, I can't tie it directly to this philosophy, but I can say that I believe that constantly visualizing and focusing on (and defining) what you want out of life, does really seem to put the Universal cogs in motion to actually make those things happen.

Congrats on getting what you want, Gazrok. Don't blame yourself for the death. It must have been his time to go and it just happened to dovetail with the Universe fulfilling your material desires.

"The Secret" DVD is an intro to the manifestation process -- it's all right, but incomplete and therefore misleading in some ways. It can be very complicated in some cases.

There's a particular teacher in "The Secret" I cannot abide: James Arthur Ray. My gut was right about him. I would not recommend anything from him. Ray is the guy who inadvertently killed three people in a 2009 sweat lodge. He's off to prison. But he's also a good example of what not to do.

He was clearly NOT a master of what he was teaching. Ray used Native American techniques he was not qualified to use. And his naked greed was stunning -- charging $10,000 per person for this "workshop."

More later if I have time.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by Gazrok

the secret works
the problem is you don't know the whole secret

Although there is much sadness in the instrument of HOW it happened (her father passed away, and we have an inheritance), the result is the result. We never would have wished for it, and indeed, we thought we'd have many more years with him around. It's difficult too, as the sadness competes with the excitement and yet guilt of the whole situation....

what happened here is that you forgot The Law of Binding or Limiting.
here's the complete secret


THE ART AND PRACTICE OF GETTING MATERIAL THINGS THROUGH CREATIVE VISUALIZATION
www.scribd.com...

I like Ophiel and he had some things to teach -- even though he was not initiated or trained. Many occultists do not respect his work because he was self-taught and not very well educated. He first started publishing way back in the 1960's. He died in 1988.
edit on 10-3-2012 by AuranVector because: I looked up the year he died

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
"The Secret" was a marketing scam on a few levels. But mainly a "mindset set up" by a company called USANA.

After reading the book you, if you were approached by one of the " you can become a millionaire in 2 years without the hard work" happy clappy network marketing BS.

I know a number of people who feel for it soon after being given the book by a "friend"

It was a set up for lazy people. Plain and simple.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

Yeah, it's luck. The universe is uncaring to what you want. Everyone doesn't get what they want, that's silly, I can give you many instances of me wanting something and not getting it. Have you ever got something you didn't want? How do you explain that? What about people that starve to death? Is is because they didn't want food strong enough to have it fall out of the sky into their lap?

EDIT: When you say that the universe will give you what you desire in the face of the fact that not everyone gets what they want, to me that is a step away from people claiming that the universe is on their side more than other people, like they are some kind of chosen people and the less fortune shouldn't be cared about, and why should we? If the universe doesn't hold them high, why should we?

I don't know if you'll ever read this, since it looks like this thread has died. Let me try to answer this:
"The universe is uncaring to what you want."

Yes & no. Its' a paradox. Yes, it's true that the Universe is impersonal and does not care what you create.
It's also true that it serves YOU to personalize the Universe.

There is an impersonal force that will move into action to create what you believe to be true -- usually at a deep level.

Some people are not aware of what they really believe about themselves and Life. Self-examination is recommended. Especially at the beginning when you're just learning to use this Force and especially if you're having trouble manifesting what you want.

"... I can give you many instances of me wanting something and not getting it. Have you ever got something you didn't want? How do you explain that?"

And if you're honest with yourself, you will find that you were focused on the FEAR of not getting what you want.
Doubt & worry are manifestations of fear.

This usually comes up when the object of desire is really, really important to you and you are afraid of being denied what you desperately want. The energy of desperation will repel what you want.

The reason people so often get what they don't want is because their energies are focused on what they don't want. "What I have feared has come upon me." If they focused on what they want with joy and enthusiasm, they would attract it.

"What about people that starve to death? Is is because they didn't want food strong enough to have it fall out of the sky into their lap?"

Excellent question. As it's been said before, the Universe does not care what you want or what you don't want. It's an impersonal Force that will bring you what you focus on and the emotional energy you are emitting when you think about what you want. This can be really cruel when you are desperate.

A person who is starving to death is in physical pain and terrified -- not only about his own death, but the deaths of the people around him that he cares about. It is near impossible for most people in a situation that extreme to focus on the joy of eating good food with absolute Trust that it's on its way.

Instead a person who is starving to death is focused on his pain -- that's the only thing that seems real to him.
As I said before, the energy of desperation repels what you want.

"To a starving man, food is his savior."

If he had enough self control to be able to imagine himself eating good food with joy as if it were real at that very moment -- savouring the smell, texture, and taste of the heavenly food -- and if he were to maintain & sustain that mental exercise for as long as possible -- this impersonal Force would begin to arrange the circumstances around him to bring him food.

A person that self-disciplined and self-controlled is usually called a Master.

And to answer your edit -- the Universe does not play favorites. Some people have heavy karmic circumstances in their lives that make practicing these techniques very difficult, if not impossible.

One of the reasons, I do not fully endorse the teachings of Abraham/Esther Hicks is because they do NOT believe in Karma. Karma is very real and can follow you from one incarnation into the next. They also teach that there's nothing wrong with suicide. Not the best advice in my book.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
"The Secret" was a marketing scam on a few levels. But mainly a "mindset set up" by a company called USANA.

After reading the book you, if you were approached by one of the " you can become a millionaire in 2 years without the hard work" happy clappy network marketing BS.

I know a number of people who feel for it soon after being given the book by a "friend"

It was a set up for lazy people. Plain and simple.

I can understand the cynicism. Some dismiss it as the "Hope Industry" and there are countless books, CDs, DVDs pushing these ideas. There's a lot of New Age fraud & phony teachers (like James Arthur Ray).

But that aside, some of the core teachings are ancient and true. You have to be committed to experimenting with these techniques -- the faith will come with experience.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by azamber

There's more to it than just wanting. I have also found that thoughts have a way of manifesting, and the state of mind behind the desire seems to be key. You're right, everybody wants. But I've found with myself, and through watching others, that if you are in a positive, open, receptive place, you are more likely to bring your desires into your life. I guess some of it is common sense. People who are succesful have to believe in themselves. Alternately, those who have the most negativity and self hatred tend to bring very little positivity into their lives, but when they change their attitude, their circumstances change.

As for people who are starving, many incredible survival stories are about those who thought "outside the box", which wouldn't be totally possible with a negative attitude. But the problem with The Secret and What the Bleep Do We Know is that it puts responsibility ENTIRELY on the individual. This is a complex universe with many wants and needs floating around. It would be ridiculous to believe that ALL events in one's life can be attributed to the mindset of the individual, although mindset plays a crucial role.

Excellent post. "It would be ridiculous to believe that ALL events in one's life can be attributed to the mindset of the individual, although mindset plays a crucial role."

Yes, it's a bit more complicated than what was shown in "The Secret" -- although I think the DVD was a good intro to some of the basic ideas. Especially if the person has had no prior exposure at all to these ideas.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
"Don't be greedy for happiness or positivity, that only breeds more sorrow and negativity."

"The accumulation of positivity can be just as damaging to the mind as the accumulation of negativity. Take everything in moderation as it is needed."

These are far more powerful 'secrets'. As the magicians and shamans who hold occult powers that can manifest their desires, communicate telepathically, and so on, see the Buddha's awakening as an unattractive and undesirable thing, they endlessly are unknowingly searching for what he already has found, happiness and satisfaction.

Peace.

I respect Buddhism. Certainly, I'm not promoting greed. But it can be a good thing to know the basic techniques for manifesting what you need. I'm sure the Gautama Buddha would agree. After all, he was aware of how to manifest food when he needed it.

Not everyone who uses these techniques is pining for a Lamborghini.

Not that I'm disparaging someone who wants one. It may be that they need that experience to be able to see it for what it is -- it will not satisfy for long. A new desire will replace it.

"Desires are endless."

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by clowdstalker

Originally posted by satron
I don't know the answer, but I know when I see a wrong one.

Hate to be the party pooper here, but I rather agree with Satron. It is not fair to tell someone that their life sucks because they don't want it to be better enough...or that they have somehow missed steps in their ability to visualize their dreams properly or that ergo, they don't know how to dream or that their dreams are somehow wrong or broken. What a real # thing to say or imply to someone.

***I am sorry dude...but your life sucks and your children starved to death because you didn't visualize yourself in a better place and you didn't really want them to have food badly enough. Or, in following the logic, you were Actually visualizing their demise and are therefore to blame both directly and indirectly for their deaths as well as your own crummy life. Sucks to be you.

***Well clearly it was your own fault you were raped madam...you must have visualized the experience happening and brought it on yourself, next time practice better cognitive control....this is 'The Secrets' line of thinking.

If the phenomena exists as we are to lead to believe then it Must go both ways, not just for the fluffy, happy, touchy-feely good stuff. In for a penny in for a pound, and it is wrong on so many levels.

I

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by IblisLucifer

I found this video to make the far without structure of are universe seemingly like the structure of the human mind in a CT scan or observed close within
That made it all seem so infinitely close but at the sametime infinitely far from me

Very interesting video -- the neuron paths of God.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
I think the Secret is great and yes it works. I don't understand the skeptics. Why would they care if others feel they get a benefit from the Secret?

Look it's the placebo effect and if a person thinks it helps them then it will and there's no problem in that.

I have a friend who has to drink Vitamin Water every morning because he believes it gives him energy for the day. I think it just taste like flavored water and it does nothing for me. I will never try to knock him down though because he believes he's getting this big boost and so he is.

Some think Faith is the "greatest tool man possesses."

As for the skeptics who come to a thread like this, there are probably a variety of reasons. Some have very legitimate questions. Others want to protect themselves & others from disappointment. And then there are those who are malicious -- they enjoy p#*ing on things they don't understand. There's a lot of that at ATS.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by satron

What would constitute evidence of my elbow? You want my medical records or a photo of the healed scar?

I blew myself up. I had full thickness burns over 25% of my body, and several skin graft surgeries as well as a stay in a burn unit and 2 years of physical therapy and 2 years of wearing compression garments. My right elbow refused to heal. After a year of failed grafts, it was still bleeding, cracking, oozing, and occasionally getting infected. Through a random interaction I met a acupuncturist for an interview on a college project. He asked me if I had any problem areas he could demonstrate on, and I showed him my elbow. He said he could fix it, and I thought it would be interesting for the project, so I let him do "surrounding the dragon" on the elbow. It was a series of pins and electric shocks.

The elbow was healed within 2 weeks.

It was painless and free, whereas the multiple surgeries had been neither! I called my vascular surgeon, he asked me to come see him, he agreed that it was healed, and he said he had heard of it working before, but he had never seen it firsthand.

As for the Aikido Master, that was 20 years ago, and I didn't think to bring a camera, LOL! I'm sure there are still some masters around that would be happy to demonstrate, look one up and make sure to bring a camera. I can attest to his weight before, during, and after. I personally picked him up off the floor, by myself, with ease, and a few moments later I couldn't have budged him with a dump truck. There is no physical explanation, I guarantee it, there is only a spiritual one.

That's really an amazing, impressive story. But of course, I believe in such things. As for those who do not believe -- no matter what evidence you present, I'm sure they have their reasons for not wanting to believe.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrdwzrd
this conversation will never end so probably best for all parties involved to just agree to disagree.

the power of positive thought and manifestation has nothing to do with the Secret. I believe in it and I have never read the book nor do I plan on it. Its a mystical teaching from way back and there is truth in it BUT if you think that's a load of crap that's cool too.

We are all creating our own worlds with our thoughts so why limit yourself and put up barriers?

Horrible things happen to some people and it changes their lives for the better....
Some people win the lottery and it destroys their lives forever....

It's about looking into WHY something happens and learning from it, taking the lesson to heart but most of the time when something bad happens we say "life sucks, its so hard" instead of realizing the potential in every action.

But whatever, its free choice, believe what you want. If you are a skeptic, try it. See what happens....

Excellent post, Wrdwzrd. Word Wizard?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I believe it works, however in some instances it might be more complicated for certain individuals, because for all we know their life mission may be to teach others about the tragedies that occur in this world. I don't really think anyone wishes/desires the conditions like those in impoverished nations. I have seen that by recognizing those who suffer we give and learn to be more appreciative of what we have.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join