It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret works....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I dont mean to offend at all with my response, only to voice my opinion on why The Secret should not be put into action, and your respinse just happens to be the perfect example. I started dabbling around with this. Msrupid things like wanting the lights to be green...yada, yada, yada. Then it hit me one day that, what if my green light made someone else late? That dodnt seem right to me.

Tou got money cuz your grandpa died. You got a house, but who lost theirs? Etc., etc.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The link to the Original Secret book was an interesting one. The author seems to have written extensively on the occult. Just sayin'

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

I wasn't raised in a ghetto but have not had a privileged life, and prefer grass roots people. And don't really believe we're meant to focus on wishes, wants, greed. But hold positive views of family relationships turning to love, solutions coming, people waking up, and disclosure occurring. We also would like to have our own home, but want it for everyone, I see earthship homes, eco farms, and clean energy for every single person on this earth.

I see children emerging from their earthship homes in Africa, Madagascar, and being able to teleport to school wherever they want.

And the real tech emerging, and the pyramids crumbling.

I include our family in the equality I see, but don't think we're here to focus on ourselves alone.

Fishing in the Phoenix Earthship

There is simply no need in this world for starvation or homelessness. These homes are self powered, require no heating or cooling, use conventional solar and wind, and recycle water, however, they could be boosted with free energy as well.

Grow their own food, and there is a still is a need for trade and supplies, but it sure would lesson the load on what is needed and provide survival for ALL.

And this is what I hold.

Its about equality, thats what we are really here to learn. Love and Family and Equality.

However when a person begins to do the work they are mean to do, the Family and their Higher Self, provide, for we are actually in a system of abundance not scarcity. So, the search is within.

And if notice my signature, many come in and roll up their sleeves and go to the trenches, thats where the wisdom is.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I'm outside the US, so I hadn't heard of this, but on a recent trip, my sister talked to me about it.
She said her husband and her had been on very hard times, not making enough money to live, renting a room from relatives.... it was tough. They decided to follow the ideas in that book. From what she told me it was just the typical methods of visualization and projecting focused will.
But she said they wanted money, and they were picturing gold bars, as a symbol of that. She said "We were laughing, imagining gold bars dancing in the air."
Suddenly an aquaintance of a friend happened to be looking for an employee and saw him and offered him a job.
In no time, they got a house, and she got a promotion, and are living very comfortably now.
What's funny is that he works melting down gold from jewelry, from one of those companies that buys peoples jewelry. He's making gold bars. I guess that shows how important it is to pay attention to details!

Congrats, OP on your inheritance (and my condolences as well).
edit on 9-3-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

there's a knack to visualizing yourself with the things you want.

you have to "act" as if its already yours.

for example: lets say you really want this new house....you have to act as if the house is yours, imagine how the furniture would be, paint colors, company over for dinner.

its like meeting "the process" halfway.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Can't argue with none of that. But you may have missed my point, it doesn't matter though, all is good and I give you my best wishes!

Peace.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Absolutely delighted for you. It's great to hear that people find it works. Although I have never actually tried to use it, as I am relatively happy with my life as it is, I have always firmly believed that the only way to live a good life is to try to be positive about what happens to you, and visualize positive future.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Napoleon Hill

is quite a good read~! Me and my friend have multiple conversations about this subject. My wife and I are now @ 30 days from either ..

1). paying the rent for next month or
2). looking at sleeping under a bridge..literally.

We're not worrying about, NOR are we asking for any handouts.but, it's kinda exciting actually to see what direction we're going to be faced with.
I'm at a point now, due to this thread, I'm going to post within the next couple days to see where this concept of positively thinking/confession is going to lead us.

S&F~!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

My condolences to you OP for your families loss ,& also Congratulations for turning your positive thoughts into your reality. Its truly lovely to see/hear nice things happen for good people.
Wishing you & your family continued happiness & success.

I really needed to read this thread tonight ,more than you could ever know, so Thank you for sharing.

Unity_99, Thank you too for your contributions here. I love the way you think, & always enjoy your posts but the ones on this thread truly resonated at a time I really needed them. Your vision of how life should (will!! lol!) be, is the same that I wish for. I sincerely hope it becomes a reality for all.

Much love and thanks

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
i hope nobody minds me bringing it up but i am because i have had success with it. sigil magick. its a form of chaos magick. look into grant morrison there are great videos. believing is power. i only bring this up because i want to begin creating peace sigils to try to help society. everyone needs to let go of their fear, if not all then at least the fear of what others think so that they can talk things out instead of keeping them to themselves and letting a problem spiral out of control into a negative life direction. our problem is morality and fear. unfortunately these things are destroying us more and more every day. help a stranger. say hi to everyone. we're all the same for the most part and most of us just need love and an understanding that anything that happens simply is and to let it weigh negatively is actually a choice, not a built in instinct, but this can only be realized after you realize whatever happened to you was a negative reflection from another person's deep problems they cannot let go and by blaming yourself or asking why me you are just letting a deep rooted negativity be transferred forward in time. it's a shared world and instilling confidence in anyone you can will help edge them closer to doing the same or standing up against the injustice we face today. Mental Slavery is a choice. Help people see it. Sorry if i got off topic but i know if enough people create peace sigils we will start noticing a difference, even if its on a small scale. believing is the power, you must know that it will work and it will. Even if you are skeptical it only takes 30min to have a sigil ready after no previous knowledge.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I personally haven't had a huge amount of success with "the secret" but then again, i dont think i've tried all that hard. One thing i do remember though, is that i was reading it on the balcony area in a bar. I was happily reading away and found it making me happy just reading it. Then the strangest thing happened, i saw myself getting absolutely drenched whilst reading this book exactly how i was currently sat. I got up and went inside, as soon as i walked through the doors the heavens opened and drenched everyone still on the balcony in seconds, it was hilarious

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Here is another secret that works. Believe with all your heart and mind that Jesus(yeshua) died on the cross for our sins, so that we could make it to heaven. Confess everything to him, and then you can go to heaven. Or you could use the secret to store up things here on earth, Stuff you probably won't be using when you enter eternity when you die.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I know, I know...yeah right... (and yes, I know it was a marketing gimmick designed to do what it did, make money for the author)...

Well, squawk all you want, but the principles seemed to work for us.
My wife and I have been practicing some of that thinking for the past couple of years. (mostly just so we don't dwell on the negative)

Initially, we did almost immediately see some strange coincidences (money we never expected, etc.).

Now, it's really happened.

Although there is much sadness in the instrument of HOW it happened (her father passed away, and we have an inheritance), the result is the result. We never would have wished for it, and indeed, we thought we'd have many more years with him around. It's difficult too, as the sadness competes with the excitement and yet guilt of the whole situation....

Back to the topic though...we visualized:

We talked about what we both wanted...a place out in the country, but still close to friends and civilization. A place we could have horses. (we rent a house now in the city)
NOW - we inherited a ranch that meets all criteria, including a horse and room for more, it's only an hour away from friends, and 10 min to just about anything (restaurants, movies, stores, etc.)

We wanted one of us to work, and one to be at home. (we both work, and still often find it hard to have any disposable income)
NOW - she'll stay home and run the business (which is joined to the house) while I commute (though I'll look for something closer)

We wanted our own business, to eventually be our own bosses (both of us work for another)
NOW - we have a fully stocked business (tack shop) with 0 debt, and established customers

We wanted our own home (we rent)
NOW - we own a 4 bedroom, 4 bath house where the mortgage is almost the same as our rent

I wanted a new car, a Chrysler 300 (never had a new car, and my current one has over 100,000 miles on it. As part of the visualization, I got a steering wheel cover with a wood look, to feel as if I'm driving a luxury car).
NOW - I could go buy one without payments (and likely will in the next couple of weeks)

It's all a bit overwhelming (as this has all happened within a week), and of course, I can't tie it directly to this philosophy, but I can say that I believe that constantly visualizing and focusing on (and defining) what you want out of life, does really seem to put the Universal cogs in motion to actually make those things happen.

Good for you, friend! I've been teaching manifestation techniques for a while and am currently writing a book on the topic. BTW, if you try again to manifest something and you don't want any unintended consequences (like your father-in-law dying), make a detailed "manifestation list" with as many bullet points as needed and add to the end, "To the Highest and Best of All Concerned." That "safety clause" will ensure that you will cause no harm to yourself or anyone else. Doesn't mean that you caused her father's death, though -- it may have just been his time to go.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by clowdstalker

Hate to be the party pooper here, but I rather agree with Satron. It is not fair to tell someone that their life sucks because they don't want it to be better enough...or that they have somehow missed steps in their ability to visualize their dreams properly or that ergo, they don't know how to dream or that their dreams are somehow wrong or broken. What a real # thing to say or imply to someone.

***I am sorry dude...but your life sucks and your children starved to death because you didn't visualize yourself in a better place and you didn't really want them to have food badly enough. Or, in following the logic, you were Actually visualizing their demise and are therefore to blame both directly and indirectly for their deaths as well as your own crummy life. Sucks to be you.

***Well clearly it was your own fault you were raped madam...you must have visualized the experience happening and brought it on yourself, next time practice better cognitive control....this is 'The Secrets' line of thinking.

That's not how manifestation works, Cloudstalker. To the first example, I'd say it's not that he didn't want food badly enough, he wanted it too badly. To successfully manifest, you need to have a relaxed mindset. And before anyone starves to death, there are usually a LOT of other steps -- i.e., a lifetime of negative thinking and low self-esteem -- that create a situation like that in the first place.

As for the rape, she wouldn't have VISUALIZED the experience, but she probably had a history -- maybe from childhood on -- of abuse/molestation or some such and kept the "victim mindset" her entire life. I know because I had that "victim mindset" for a long time and so kept attracting the same experience, being victimized. It wasn't until I made a 180-degree mental turnaround that that pattern stopped.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron

There is a psychological component behind it that increases your changes for success, but that doesn't portend that the universe is going to drop gifts in your lap because of it. Just because your attitude can be described as "positive, open and receptive" doesn't mean you're closer to the key that unlocks a secret portion of the universe that will spontaneously give you presents.

Oh, but it does. For example, I always wanted to translate a spiritual book, but it was just a fleeting thought that I had here and there; I never really talked about it with anyone. Two years later, a friend called me up and said, "A small publisher I know wants me to translate a spiritual book, but I really don't want to do it -- I thought it was right up your alley, though." So I got my wish, but in the end got stiffed on my fees... I'd only visualized translating the book, but forgot to visualize getting paid for it. Be careful what you wish for.

People that are successful tend to have more than belief in themselves. They have been shielded from the more traumatic portions of life that effect other people, so they have no experience to justify themselves to be less cheery than they are. It's just luck, and luck isn't equal opportunity.

Not true. Some of the most positive people I know are ones that have been through hard times but either kept up their optimism or worked on changing themselves to be more positive. I'm one of the examples.

Like I said, it was just luck.

No such thing as luck and no such thing as coincidence.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Of course, but there is a joy in working through the problems in your life, which are the lessons, basically, and shining up our light, or turning our Soul's weaknesses into strengths. And then there are greedy things people can yearn for too. Then there is the natural state of having positive thoughts, thinking good thoughts. Turning things around when negative chatter begins. And striving to find the work you can do that helps others and yourself. Your life purpose. When you're doing that, nothing is coincidence, synchronicities begin to occur. Daily miracles.

Beautifully said, Unity. Couldn't have phrased it better than that.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mattodlum
Here is another secret that works. Believe with all your heart and mind that Jesus(yeshua) died on the cross for our sins, so that we could make it to heaven. Confess everything to him, and then you can go to heaven. Or you could use the secret to store up things here on earth, Stuff you probably won't be using when you enter eternity when you die.

Oh, but manifestation can be so much more than just piling up material things. Fulfilling your life's purpose, for example, or creating work that is fulfilling to you in all aspects. You can also use it to help other people.

I think there are way too many people who want to change the world -- fact is, you can't really change anyone but yourself. So working on your own spiritual and emotional development is paramount until a critical mass is reached.
edit on 9-3-2012 by sylvie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mattodlum

Wow! Talk about non sequitur!

Listen, I'm sure your pious lifestyle will suit you accordingly when you pass on into the Glory of your Heaven, but if I feel the need... NAY... choose to exclude the aide of an ancient ghost to guide and complete my fallible, earthbound soul, there should be absolutely no need for anyone to try and convince me otherwise just because they feel the need to load up on all the worship they can to prep themselves for their pending doom!

I have nothing against your choice to worship your ghost, but this topic isn't about spreading the word of your god - it's about the power of suggestion, mind over matter, law of attraction et al...

Please just try and focus and stick to the topic at hand!

[/end off topic rant]

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
To use sigil magick. for one's own material desires is a slippery slope rooted in the manifestation of will.
Do what thou wilt is the whole of the law.
To enact energy in the form of self-centered material acquisition must in turn be equally balanced.

To use this form of will manifestation for the acquisition of material goods is wrong IMHO. I firmly believe that using magical exercises to endow yourself with a new car & house or lotsa $ in the bank is a manifestation on the negative spectrum. It is true that such manifestation exists in positive & negative forms, obviously. To be selfless, to manifest positive healing for the sake of the greater good, to help those whom you have no relation, acquaintance, or sympathy is to manifest this power in a positive light. To do so for one's self-centered material wishes only robs the manifestation of positive energy from something/someone else.

To those who think poor, starving, & dying individuals just aren't relaxed, focused, & positive enough to manifest a nice house & lotsa $, & that they need to overcome their "victim/starving man" mentality, maybe you should think about the balance of nature. Maybe it is your selfish use of this energy that causes someone else's life to manifest negative outcomes. Look at the oligarchy & it's monopilization of will manifestation & the billions of people left starving & dying in the wake.

I'm sure everyone posting in this thread is surviving above the level of at least 60% of the world's population, yet you see yourselves as down-trodden, poor, in need of more material wealth. Like I said, this form of magic is a slippery slope & one must ponder long & hard before actually trying to manifest it. Just think, why is this meme being flooded onto the mass pop culture of the western world & just who stands to benefit?

To look at this as some carnival trick to better your life is how the masses are to be spoonfed these extremely complex ideas & actions. To eat it up without reservation is a fool's path. Hope you get that Chrysler as soon as possible, ain't life grand!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by iagainsti

OK...I've had it with jealous nay-sayers coming on this thread and giving grief to the OP, and others who wish him well.

Go start your own damn thread pushing your agenda, if you feel so strongly. It would probably be a very popular one.

Just had to finally say something. I celebrate something good coming into someone's life. I don't get on a high horse and tell them, oooooh...maybe someone doesn't have it as good as you, because you are using up all the good energy.

Des

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join