It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret works....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Our natural state is Joy.

Raising Frequency is the goal here, and this is also awareness, awakening, becoming, the cup that contains the sliver of our lower frequency consciousness gets more and more filled with our Greater Soul as we do this.

And frequency has a lot to do with manifesting or drawing in a postiive timeline or event.

Frequency Class - THE BASICS - pt 1

Yes, you need to get yourself into a place of feeling good before you start the visualization/manifestation exercises. It's an important step.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissDirtySouth
I believe it works, however in some instances it might be more complicated for certain individuals, because for all we know their life mission may be to teach others about the tragedies that occur in this world. I don't really think anyone wishes/desires the conditions like those in impoverished nations. I have seen that by recognizing those who suffer we give and learn to be more appreciative of what we have.

Yes, and some people find it difficult to use these techniques because they are blocked by negative feelings.Those negative feelings are often based on buried guilt and low self-esteem -- in other words, they do not feel worthy of receiving what they want.

That's why it's important to do the prep work -- self-examination.

And people who are in extremely negative circumstances would have to make heroic efforts to change their dominant thoughts & feelings. Impossible for most.

These methods can be challenging even to those who do not face such extreme conditions in their lives -- simply because they have never been forced to discipline their minds.

Meditation & concentration exercises are strongly recommended.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Thank you for the condolences. I'm just glad they got the chance to really talk before he passed. It was really good closure for both of them.

I just hope for your contined good fortune, and use of "the secret", that no one else need die!
That's how the PTB seemed to have worked it, for ages, and it's starting to get old really quick.. if you catch my drift.

JK

Are you saying that TPTB have always worked these methods by demanding a sacrifice?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

I don't know if you'll ever read this, since it looks like this thread has died. Let me try to answer this:
"The universe is uncaring to what you want."

Yes & no. Its' a paradox. Yes, it's true that the Universe is impersonal and does not care what you create.
It's also true that it serves YOU to personalize the Universe.

A paradox because we don't ultimately know what will happen. Even if the world has beaten down someone all their life, they could win the lottery tomorrow and it's not because of some force we can barely comprehend. It's just luck.

I wouldn't like saying that the universe serves me to personalize it, like it's some kind of giver. Loving, hating, giving, taking, are not verbs that describe the universe's agenda. I guess if it soothes you to think that, then there's nothing wrong with that, but you can't say that like it's undenialable fact. You don't know, that's the paradox.

There is an impersonal force that will move into action to create what you believe to be true -- usually at a deep level.

Prove it. Sounds to me like wishful thinking that wishful thinking works.

Some people are not aware of what they really believe about themselves and Life. Self-examination is recommended. Especially at the beginning when you're just learning to use this Force and especially if you're having trouble manifesting what you want.

People can aligne themselves with their values, and that should makes things better for them. But what if they find themselves in a life where nothing they have brings them happiness and they've been living this life for decades. Maybe they have a family, and they suddenly realize that it wasn't for them. Some changes are easier than others, and when you get really deep in a lifestyle that doesn't suit you, changing at that point would be very destabilizing, not only for them, but the people around them. Would it be worth it to just ignore the so called force you speak of?

And if you're honest with yourself, you will find that you were focused on the FEAR of not getting what you want.

Doubt & worry are manifestations of fear.

Fear is behind a lot of want, but half the time, fear is unfounded.

This usually comes up when the object of desire is really, really important to you and you are afraid of being denied what you desperately want. The energy of desperation will repel what you want.

I really don't think desperation is a force that is repelling or attracting. Desparation just changes how you plan to acquire something, because your plan up to that point wasn't working.

The reason people so often get what they don't want is because their energies are focused on what they don't want. "What I have feared has come upon me." If they focused on what they want with joy and enthusiasm, they would attract it.

Or people receive things they want and somethings they don't. It's just luck. Joy and enthusiasm is just characteristics of a positive attitude, which work well when dealing with other people. Maybe it won't work all the time, but it will work more than a negative attitude. Just because you have a negative attitude doesn't mean you'll never get what you want, because luck is involved.

Excellent question. As it's been said before, the Universe does not care what you want or what you don't want. It's an impersonal Force that will bring you what you focus on and the emotional energy you are emitting when you think about what you want. This can be really cruel when you are desperate.

I feel like you've contradicted yourself here, the problem I see is in "There universe doens't care what you want" vs "It's an impersonal force that will bring what you focus on"

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

A person who is starving to death is in physical pain and terrified -- not only about his own death, but the deaths of the people around him that he cares about. It is near impossible for most people in a situation that extreme to focus on the joy of eating good food with absolute Trust that it's on its way.

You make it sound like they brough it upon their selves. This is a bandwagon I'll never jump on. They starved because there was no food to be had and no one was willing to help them. What if they were never had fear about starving and death. Are you implying that they could survive indefinately if they just didn't think about it? Or food would land in their lap from the sky if they didn't worry about it?

Instead a person who is starving to death is focused on his pain -- that's the only thing that seems real to him.

As I said before, the energy of desperation repels what you want.

Many starving people were brought into their situation just by being born. It doesn't matter what their attitude is. I think you've lost track of reality.

"To a starving man, food is his savior."

Food is everyone's savior

If he had enough self control to be able to imagine himself eating good food with joy as if it were real at that very moment -- savouring the smell, texture, and taste of the heavenly food -- and if he were to maintain & sustain that mental exercise for as long as possible -- this impersonal Force would begin to arrange the circumstances around him to bring him food.

Or when they woke up from their dream, they'd realize they were munching on the leg of the person laying next to them.

Or maybe they'd just strave to death, which do you think is more likely?

A person that self-disciplined and self-controlled is usually called a Master.

A person that is disciplined will have a greater chance of getting what they want, but not necessarily so. The phenomena that determines that is luck.

And to answer your edit -- the Universe does not play favorites. Some people have heavy karmic circumstances in their lives that make practicing these techniques very difficult, if not impossible.

I don't believe in karma. You are just more or less lucky than other people. It's really that simple.

One of the reasons, I do not fully endorse the teachings of Abraham/Esther Hicks is because they do NOT believe in Karma. Karma is very real and can follow you from one incarnation into the next. They also teach that there's nothing wrong with suicide. Not the best advice in my book.

There is no karma. The universe won't jugde you by your actions. People will, because that is where morality comes from.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Starred and Flagged.

Also ,I like this and felt like sharing it ;

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

A paradox because we don't ultimately know what will happen. Even if the world has beaten down someone all their life, they could win the lottery tomorrow and it's not because of some force we can barely comprehend. It's just luck.

Usually things like winning the lottery, getting caught in a revolution/war, etc. are the result of past karma, not luck. And the karma one comes into this life with is the accumulated result of what you have thought, felt, and acted out.

Prove it. Sounds to me like wishful thinking that wishful thinking works.

I cannot prove to you that there is an impersonal force that will move into action to create what you believe to be true -- usually at a deep level. But you could prove it to yourself if you were open-minded enough to try the techniques out for yourself.

People can align themselves with their values, and that should makes things better for them. But what if they find themselves in a life where nothing they have brings them happiness and they've been living this life for decades. Maybe they have a family, and they suddenly realize that it wasn't for them. Some changes are easier than others, and when you get really deep in a lifestyle that doesn't suit you, changing at that point would be very destabilizing, not only for them, but the people around them. Would it be worth it to just ignore the so called force you speak of?

If one has obligations & responsibilities that they cannot morally walk away from, and these ties also make one very unhappy, the techniques do not change. If anything these manifestation techniques act as a lifesaver to make that kind of life bearable.

Lets say you were in a prison of family ties & obligations, in your mind you are free. No one can tell you what to think. So make space for meditation and during that time, imagine yourself free and living the ideal life you wish you could live.

Remember to embody that state during the meditation. Make it real. Smell the sea air, feel the sand between your toes, taste the mai tai, etc. If you make the experience real & in the now, and keep it up religiously, things will begin to happen to move you into that experience on the physical plane.

You do not have to worry about HOW it will be done. Chances are you cannot even imagine how it will be done.

I really don't think desperation is a force that is repelling or attracting. Desperation just changes how you plan to acquire something, because your plan up to that point wasn't working.

Then I would say that you do not understand that emotions (like desperation) send out a vibration or frequency that the Universe responds to.

... Joy and enthusiasm is just characteristics of a positive attitude, which work well when dealing with other people. Maybe it won't work all the time, but it will work more than a negative attitude. Just because you have a negative attitude doesn't mean you'll never get what you want, because luck is involved.

It sounds like you already know the power of joy & enthusiasm -- keep it up. You don't have to understand how it works. Do it often enough and your life will get better.

I feel like you've contradicted yourself here, the problem I see is in "There universe doens't care what you want" vs "It's an impersonal force that will bring what you focus on"

How is this a contradiction? The Universe does not care what you want or what you don't want. It's an impersonal Force that will bring you what you focus on and the emotional energy you are emitting when you think about what you want.

It's an impersonal force that responds to your dominant vibrations. If your dominant vibrations are positive (and feel like joy & enthusiasm) then experiences are lined up for you that reinforce those positive feelings.

If your dominant vibrations are negative (and feel like anger & hate) then you will experience more events, etc. that reinforce your anger, hate, and fear.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

You make it sound like they brough it (starvation) upon themselves. This is a bandwagon I'll never jump on. They starved because there was no food to be had and no one was willing to help them. What if they were never had fear about starving and death. Are you implying that they could survive indefinately if they just didn't think about it? Or food would land in their lap from the sky if they didn't worry about it?

It's easy to become hysterical when we see so much Hell around us -- especially when it affects "innocent" children. Having read your response on this post, I realize you do not believe in karma, so the rest of my answer will not mean anything to you.

But I most definitely believe in reincarnation and karma. Where we are born, the era we are born into, the parents we are born to, the type of body we are born into -- are NOT accidents. This is not a haphazard Universe. We each carry tons of karma accumulated from many, many incarnations.

And to add to that, the soul may CHOOSE to incarnate into a challenging life to learn specific lessons.
As I (and others here) have posted before, it's not just our immediate thoughts & emotions in this life that shape our destiny.

That's why Rhonda Byrne was slammed for saying that the people caught in the earthquake/tsunami must have attracted it by their thoughts. Her understanding is shallow, there is much more to it than that.

There are complex reasons why people are caught in a famine. It's not just their immediate thoughts & emotions. But if someone (aware of the power of thought & emotion) had enough self-discipline to focus on what he wants (food) with happiness, he could create a miracle.

The problem is that it is near impossible for most people in a situation that extreme to focus on the joy of eating good food with absolute Trust that it's on its way.

I don't believe in karma. You are just more or less lucky than other people. It's really that simple.
There is no karma. The universe won't jugde you by your actions. People will, because that is where morality comes from.

The morality from society (other people) is often misleading & false. There is a natural morality that is ingrained in the Tao. It can also be called Dharma.

Humans are designed to live a certain way (The Tao), when we veer from that ideal life we are no longer living optimal lives and cause much suffering to ourselves and the world around us.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

Meditation is something I could improve on, but I do agree a lot of self examination can help people understand why their desires are not working out in relation to LOA.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mystic Technician
Starred and Flagged.

Also ,I like this and felt like sharing it ;

"The Magic of Believing" by Claude Bristol is the very first book I ever read on the power of Faith.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Usually things like winning the lottery, getting caught in a revolution/war, etc. are the result of past karma, not luck. And the karma one comes into this life with is the accumulated result of what you have thought, felt, and acted out.

Nope, it's just luck.

I cannot prove to you that there is an impersonal force that will move into action to create what you believe to be true -- usually at a deep level. But you could prove it to yourself if you were open-minded enough to try the techniques out for yourself.

It's been proven to me that it's luck.

If one has obligations & responsibilities that they cannot morally walk away from, and these ties also make one very unhappy, the techniques do not change. If anything these manifestation techniques act as a lifesaver to make that kind of life bearable.

Lets say you were in a prison of family ties & obligations, in your mind you are free. No one can tell you what to think. So make space for meditation and during that time, imagine yourself free and living the ideal life you wish you could live.

Meditation works to relieve stress, but it's not a cure all. I can imagine myself in different situations, it's called imagination.

Remember to embody that state during the meditation. Make it real. Smell the sea air, feel the sand between your toes, taste the mai tai, etc. If you make the experience real & in the now, and keep it up religiously, things will begin to happen to move you into that experience on the physical plane.

I don't think so, you have to act to make things happen to you. Bad things are more likely to happen to you if you sit idly around. Meditation doesn't fix all of your problems. Maybe in your experience they did, but I guarentee you didn't have very big problems to overcome.

You do not have to worry about HOW it will be done. Chances are you cannot even imagine how it will be done.

I don't worrry about how it could be done, because it's silly to consider.

Then I would say that you do not understand that emotions (like desperation) send out a vibration or frequency that the Universe responds to.

I'd like to see evidence of what you're talking about. I can't just go along with every notion that exists, that's crazy. Your emotions are there to help interact with the environment. Desperation works and sometimes it doesn't. Would you like for me to give you some examples? I'll give you one where it works.

A drug addict has no money to buy drugs, and they are getting increasingly desparate to receive drugs. After the desparation hits a tipping point, they decide that they have to change plans, which was to acquire money in honest fashion. So they decide to hold up a convenience store to acquire money. They do it and acquire money which they can use to get drugs. Drugs were obtained because they got desparate enough to get them.

It sounds like you already know the power of joy & enthusiasm -- keep it up. You don't have to understand how it works. Do it often enough and your life will get better.

I just described how they work, and you're acting like there is some more to it, which isn't very obvious, tell us.

How is this a contradiction? The Universe does not care what you want or what you don't want. It's an impersonal Force that will bring you what you focus on and the emotional energy you are emitting when you think about what you want.

Well, it's bologna either way. This impersonal force isn't a force, it's just luck.

It's an impersonal force that responds to your dominant vibrations. If your dominant vibrations are positive (and feel like joy & enthusiasm) then experiences are lined up for you that reinforce those positive feelings.

People that are negative can still get what they want. You say it like it works that way all the time no buts about it, when in fact it doesn't. Just call your impersonal force luck.

If your dominant vibrations are negative (and feel like anger & hate) then you will experience more events, etc. that reinforce your anger, hate, and fear.

Or maybe you can act like you're positive in the most negative circumstances until your eyes go cross and everyone around you comes to the conclusion that you are insane and out of touch with reality.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

It's easy to become hysterical when we see so much Hell around us -- especially when it affects "innocent" children. Having read your response on this post, I realize you do not believe in karma, so the rest of my answer will not mean anything to you.

Some people have more luck than others, luck isn't equal oppurtunity.

But I most definitely believe in reincarnation and karma. Where we are born, the era we are born into, the parents we are born to, the type of body we are born into -- are NOT accidents. This is not a haphazard Universe. We each carry tons of karma accumulated from many, many incarnations.

I think life is about the here and now, with nothing you've done in pass or future lives affecting your situation here. Everything you experience now is a product of this world alone. You can experience bad things and good things, and you experience them because you were meant to, otherwise they wouldn't have happened.

And to add to that, the soul may CHOOSE to incarnate into a challenging life to learn specific lessons.
As I (and others here) have posted before, it's not just our immediate thoughts & emotions in this life that shape our destiny.

Believing in the afterlife is a big enough of a leap of faith. Thinking that the soul can do such things is a leap after the leap. You really don't need to be worried about it, so just consider more of the material world in your thoughts.

That's why Rhonda Byrne was slammed for saying that the people caught in the earthquake/tsunami must have attracted it by their thoughts. Her understanding is shallow, there is much more to it than that.

It happened because it was meant to, not because of the "mental vibrations" put out by people. It's just an event that occurs naturally. It probably would have happened even if humans never existed.

There are complex reasons why people are caught in a famine. It's not just their immediate thoughts & emotions. But if someone (aware of the power of thought & emotion) had enough self-discipline to focus on what he wants (food) with happiness, he could create a miracle.

You say "could" but I've never seen evidence of it happening anywhere. Why worry yourself about things that have never happened and have no signs ever happening?

The problem is that it is near impossible for most people in a situation that extreme to focus on the joy of eating good food with absolute Trust that it's on its way.

That belief is rubbish.

The morality from society (other people) is often misleading & false. There is a natural morality that is ingrained in the Tao. It can also be called Dharma.

Give me an example of a moral that you think is false. You know that once you believe in the Tao, you no longer believe in morals that are supported by your experience, you've placed the morals of another as higher than what you want, making you disconnected to yourself?

Humans are designed to live a certain way (The Tao), when we veer from that ideal life we are no longer living optimal lives and cause much suffering to ourselves and the world around us.

That couldn't be true, because humans are evolving. Suffering is inherint to life, some experience more and some less. It's depends on how lucky you are. And when humans evolve, morals evolve with them.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
What do you think of this ???? www.abovetopsecret.com...
Basically My "OCD" have something to do with The Secret.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Satron, did you ever actually watch "The Secret" DVD?

It's too bad you've decided to make your life harder than it needs to be. But people who are not ready for these ideas, are incapable of recognizing the truth of these ideas.

The Universe will say "Yes" to your deepest beliefs. So if you believe in a random Universe where there is such a thing as "Luck" -- then that is what will manifest for you. Every event in your life will only confirm this belief.

A pity, you had the Power and never knew it. You were standing on an acre of diamonds.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

It's interesting how fiercely some people fight for their limitations. But why?

It may be simple blindness in some cases -- an incapacity to grasp the basic idea that all of Life is a play of Energy -- and they have the power to manipulate this Energy with their thoughts & emotions.

But in other cases it may be more complicated than that.

Some people do not want the power to change their lives. They do not want the responsibility that goes with it
It's much easier to play the victim and blame everything else in their lives for their failures.

Of course, they will ignore the people who were born with the same problems (or worse) and yet managed to create wonderful, fulfilling lives for themselves.

As Caroline Myss pointed out, some people would lose their identity if they gave up their victimhood.

I guess it's like a sick person who doesn't want to get well, because then he would be expected to pull his weight. Sometimes sickness can serve as an excuse to not play in the game of Life.

Some people hate change. They do not want to have to revise their understanding of Life & this Universe.

There is a lot of resistance to change, even among people who can grasp these "New Thought" ideas.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

That was beautifully said! You're so right -- I've known a lot of people in my life who opted for the victim role rather than taking charge of their own lives. Others, like some of the debunkers here, simply refuse to believe that "it could be that simple," because that would invalidate all the strife and struggles they've been through to better their life.

Alas, you can't change anyone's mind FOR them; all you can hope for is put out some information and maybe inspire a few people to dig deeper. Even if only one person gets inspired by this thread, though, it'll have been worth it.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

It's interesting how fiercely some people fight for their limitations. But why?

No one actively fights for their limitations, because sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. It's just luck if it turns out their way when there was a distinct possibility that it wouldn't.

It may be simple blindness in some cases -- an incapacity to grasp the basic idea that all of Life is a play of Energy -- and they have the power to manipulate this Energy with their thoughts & emotions.

How can you tell people that they are blind to something that can't be seen?

"Life is a play of Energy"

That maybe so, but I don't think the story of the play is exactly how you put it.

Some people do not want the power to change their lives. They do not want the responsibility that goes with it
It's much easier to play the victim and blame everything else in their lives for their failures.

I agree. A negative attitude will lead to less desirable outcomes, and will minimize their perceived luck. But what about people that WERE victims all their life? How do you get them to successfully get out of that role when they've been in that role since they were born? Again, it's just luck of the draw. It's not their fault they were born in the circumstances they were thrown into. You can't merely tell them to take a more positive outlook on life, because they have no experience of what a positive experience is. It's like asking a kindergartner to take a calculus test.

Of course, they will ignore the people who were born with the same problems (or worse) and yet managed to create wonderful, fulfilling lives for themselves.

Just because they have the same problems doesn't mean they are clones that share the exact same experience.

As Caroline Myss pointed out, some people would lose their identity if they gave up their victimhood.

I guess it's like a sick person who doesn't want to get well, because then he would be expected to pull his weight. Sometimes sickness can serve as an excuse to not play in the game of Life.

Or asking someone with a broken leg to run a marathon.

Some people hate change. They do not want to have to revise their understanding of Life & this Universe.

You can't just fix your situation in all instances. The only people that helps by saying are the people that did get out of their predicament. Because they got out of theirs puts them under the illusion that all people have the opportunity to get out of their own. While it could work out for some people, it is torture for those that can't. It just comes down to luck.

There is a lot of resistance to change, even among people who can grasp these "New Thought" ideas.

Remember what I said about desperation? That it's just a change in plan because the old one didn't work? New Age ideas are new ways to sort out old problems, because the old one's didn't work

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

reply to post by satron

Satron, did you ever actually watch "The Secret" DVD?

Yes I seen it about 5 years ago, it wasn't very memorable.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

Quote from Satron:

"A drug addict has no money to buy drugs, and they are getting increasingly desparate to receive drugs. After the desparation hits a tipping point, they decide that they have to change plans, which was to acquire money in honest fashion. So they decide to hold up a convenience store to acquire money. They do it and acquire money which they can use to get drugs. Drugs were obtained because they got desparate enough to get them."

So that's your example of something that WORKS? Like the drug addict-cum-robber who has now not only an addiction but also the police looking for him, who will throw his butt in jail as soon as they catch him?

Hm... not exactly my idea of "this works," to be honest with you.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie
reply to post by satron

Quote from Satron:

"A drug addict has no money to buy drugs, and they are getting increasingly desparate to receive drugs. After the desparation hits a tipping point, they decide that they have to change plans, which was to acquire money in honest fashion. So they decide to hold up a convenience store to acquire money. They do it and acquire money which they can use to get drugs. Drugs were obtained because they got desparate enough to get them."

So that's your example of something that WORKS? Like the drug addict-cum-robber who has now not only an addiction but also the police looking for him, who will throw his butt in jail as soon as they catch him?

Hm... not exactly my idea of "this works," to be honest with you.

Regardless whether they got arrested or not, they got what they wanted, and it was out of desperation. You can't deny that.

EDIT: If they didn't get arrested, they were lucky,
edit on 13-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join