It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret works....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I know, I know...yeah right... (and yes, I know it was a marketing gimmick designed to do what it did, make money for the author)...

Well, squawk all you want, but the principles seemed to work for us.
My wife and I have been practicing some of that thinking for the past couple of years. (mostly just so we don't dwell on the negative)

Initially, we did almost immediately see some strange coincidences (money we never expected, etc.).

Now, it's really happened.

Although there is much sadness in the instrument of HOW it happened (her father passed away, and we have an inheritance), the result is the result. We never would have wished for it, and indeed, we thought we'd have many more years with him around. It's difficult too, as the sadness competes with the excitement and yet guilt of the whole situation....

Back to the topic though...we visualized:

We talked about what we both wanted...a place out in the country, but still close to friends and civilization. A place we could have horses. (we rent a house now in the city)
NOW - we inherited a ranch that meets all criteria, including a horse and room for more, it's only an hour away from friends, and 10 min to just about anything (restaurants, movies, stores, etc.)

We wanted one of us to work, and one to be at home. (we both work, and still often find it hard to have any disposable income)
NOW - she'll stay home and run the business (which is joined to the house) while I commute (though I'll look for something closer)

We wanted our own business, to eventually be our own bosses (both of us work for another)
NOW - we have a fully stocked business (tack shop) with 0 debt, and established customers

We wanted our own home (we rent)
NOW - we own a 4 bedroom, 4 bath house where the mortgage is almost the same as our rent

I wanted a new car, a Chrysler 300 (never had a new car, and my current one has over 100,000 miles on it. As part of the visualization, I got a steering wheel cover with a wood look, to feel as if I'm driving a luxury car).
NOW - I could go buy one without payments (and likely will in the next couple of weeks)

It's all a bit overwhelming (as this has all happened within a week), and of course, I can't tie it directly to this philosophy, but I can say that I believe that constantly visualizing and focusing on (and defining) what you want out of life, does really seem to put the Universal cogs in motion to actually make those things happen.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Yes, the Secret is just a take on ancient mystery school teachings, it's not new or unique to the people that wrote that book. Our thoughts create our reality, our consciousness is a powerful tool to make dreams become a reality. You have to be very specific about what you want and not "wish" for it to be true but know it deep inside. You got what you wanted, not the way you wanted it but nonetheless the universe complied.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I think people who are focusing on positive have far more strength to change things, than the ones who focus elitism, though not always on the surface. Though they use technology more. But I've been looking for threads like yours, for I've been given some strong images to focus on lately. And if your heart is good, your intentions right, ie. not just your own successes, but a win/win, then I believe your attitude and goodness brought this in.

There was another thread elsewhere online about something positive our PM said too that was a potential. Things that might suggest a timeline shift. More positive news.

Also, I've been scanning for slightly more positive, different kinds of threads because I felt with the Flares, and CME's a real timeline change taking place.

Went through some inner doors recenlty, beginning with Dolores Cannon, and her interviews, studying up on LDL therapy, Life Between Lives, I've mediated quite a bit and experienced Higher Self contact, but started forming some of my thoughts of what I'd really like to do, live my dream business/way to help, and also balancing with my sons who are getting to the age they need to start creating their work, and I believe in many small businesses, and the economy being boosted with true free enterprise, not monopolies. So there is life regressionist therapy, inbetween life therapy, and starting small businesses and buying from each other, therapy.

Well, this block came up, ie. I felt my Spirit waiting, and then ideas as if, well all the answers can't be given, surely some of the veil needs to remain, and then the next morning it was cleared with this vista, this idea, well your going to seek the answers to this anyway, so which way do you want to go, how to help others and live your dream.?

And with that Flare, felt the timelines shift, as if we just got a Higher Frequency one.

I think you're focusing on the right things, and really helped draw it in.

And the more, more people connect within, seek to clear up karma within their families, and start to love each other, give more to each other, and find their purpose, live their dreams, and even ones that might be helpful, I think Dolores is right in that you don't get sick, you get healthier too.

I feel its all connected, the positive goals, or the right ones, the energy shift, and getting in working things out with family, probably all are contributing.

We are co-creators here.

And I'm really happy for you, and even inspired.

edit on 8-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I can testify that It works too. Although, my wife is best at it than I am. She will usually manifest her thoughts within a matter of a week or two. Every time I tell her to "want" a million bucks but she just giggles. So far, we have gotten a car, a cottage, a BBQ, furniture and other weird items here and there.

Me, on the other hand, I struggle with it still. Not sure why. It is not for a lack of faith, I see it all the time LOL. who knows.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Yep, I get that the ideas are really in many long-held beliefs and teachings. In the post, I just used the "branding" of it, to summarize the ideas since most people are familiar with it.

But, it was some of the stories in the video of it (The Secret), that really inspired me to start thinking in that way, specifically the guy who envisioned the house, and only later realized that he lived in the EXACT house, not just one like it, of the picture he used for visualization...

If nothing else ever came of it, I do know that even just visualizing being happier helped me to be a happier person in general.

I haven't even listed all of the things that I've always wanted, but thought I'd never get, that I then did get after thinking this way. I just hope others find that either this idea helps them, or other ideas help them in persuading the Universe to work with them and manifest what they are looking for.

Me, on the other hand, I struggle with it still. Not sure why. It is not for a lack of faith, I see it all the time LOL. who knows.

Well, you're benefitting from all of that stuff too, so there is that...

And if your heart is good, your intentions right, ie. not just your own successes, but a win/win, then I believe your attitude and goodness brought this in.

I'd like to think so. I'm hoping we can find ways to have this benefit others in our lives as well. It's amazing how confusing it can all be though.

It's like an old song lyric..."Be careful what you wish for as you just might get it"...

edit on 8-3-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I guess for everything there's a price to be paid.

My condolences re: your wife's father's passing..

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Seriously, it's worked for me as well in an unbelievable way, although noone had to die in my case.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Thank you for the condolences. I'm just glad they got the chance to really talk before he passed. It was really good closure for both of them.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Great for you and welcome to the knowing club. Ain't it weird! Ha.....It goes against all that the MSM/power elite/ schools teach/tell us....

I've known about the "secret" well before it was mainstream and coming from California, It was drilled into me. I've never used it for greed and have kept a very grounded way of thinking and visual desire and have always been blessed.

If you don't limit the options, the world is yours. The down side is the way it will come to you is not always the nice and easy way....but it will happen.

Why is it that the saying is so true, be careful of what you "wish" for because it may come true....

Glad you see the real power and have a great time with it, just don't turn evil and all will be good

Sirric
edit on 8/3/12 by sirric because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Maybe it's just luck?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Sorry to seem n00bish to this topic, but what is this "secret" philosophical way of life?

I could use a bit of positivity right now

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by domasio

Basically, the idea is that if you define what you want. Concentrate and visualize it (not just thinking about it, but actively imagining it, like taking a test drive in a car you want, even though you can't buy it, etc.). Keep doing this, and eventually, the Universe will conspire to make it happen for you.

Some called it "The Law of Attraction", but it's really a prevalent idea in many different religions and philosophical writings. Also, if you focus too much on the negative, then THAT is what you'll attract to you, and how you feel.

So, by focusing on the positive, and focusing on it, positivity comes your way. That's the idea behind it all. I know how it sounds, but really, just try it for a little bit, and you'll be surprised, if you honestly embrace the philosophy.

Maybe it's just luck?

Sure, or maybe luck is the Universe's way of trying to give you what you desire?
We can show that thinking about something can actually fundamentally change it on a physical level (an example I recall is an experiment where different thoughts got ice crystals to grow in particular ways). So, if that's the case, then why shouldn't that apply to this concept?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Maybe it's just luck?

Has someone gotten into my Felix Felicis??? Sorry, I digress.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This is a very interesting thread!

It was one night recently, out of incredible and absolute boredom, I watched the documentary called The Secret. When I saw that it was a "self-help" doc, my Pavlovian (or Neanderthal) impulse was to grunt... then turn it off!

But something kept me watching! Whatever that something was, I'm grateful that I pressed on. I didn't have to buy a book or go to a seminar to comprehend the Laws of Attraction that were explained in this documentary! It was very self-explanatory and worth the lesson.

I've been using the visualizations technique for the past few months now, and I've gotta admit, this hippy, new-age stuff is actually selling me! I don't know if it's a total power of suggestion or the will of the mind... or if it's actually the universe bringing the positive vibes, but I will admit... coincidence... synchronicity... or instant karma... this sh!t has some substance to it ---- and I dig it!

Thanks for bringing the thread into fruition --- I'm gonna Star/Flag and Subscribe to keep a legitimate track of any ATSers who are just now discovering the Laws of Attraction, and who can bring further proof to this... hmmm... advanced power of human frequencies!

Originally posted by Gazrok...I believe that constantly visualizing and focusing on (and defining) what you want out of life, does really seem to put the Universal cogs in motion to actually make those things happen

And how! brother!

Muchos thanks for sharing this topic, and your proof with us Gazrok!

~philthy

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

the secret works
the problem is you don't know the whole secret

Although there is much sadness in the instrument of HOW it happened (her father passed away, and we have an inheritance), the result is the result. We never would have wished for it, and indeed, we thought we'd have many more years with him around. It's difficult too, as the sadness competes with the excitement and yet guilt of the whole situation....

what happened here is that you forgot The Law of Binding or Limiting.
here's the complete secret


THE ART AND PRACTICE OF GETTING MATERIAL THINGS THROUGH CREATIVE VISUALIZATION
www.scribd.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So, for us novices, how did you and your wife actually visualize and focus on these issues? Was it together as a unit? Was it at a specific time like a prayer or a meditation, or was it just internalized to bring it to the top of your mind throughout the day?

Also, is there any regret to this? I know you didn't wish for the inheritance, and you never would have wanted it this way, but the results are nice. The old saying goes, "Be careful what you wish for." Do you have any regret or feelings of responsibility for having your dreams come true in this manner?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Sure, or maybe luck is the Universe's way of trying to give you what you desire?
We can show that thinking about something can actually fundamentally change it on a physical level (an example I recall is an experiment where different thoughts got ice crystals to grow in particular ways). So, if that's the case, then why shouldn't that apply to this concept?

Yeah, it's luck. The universe is uncaring to what you want. Everyone doesn't get what they want, that's silly, I can give you many instances of me wanting something and not getting it. Have you ever got something you didn't want? How do you explain that? What about people that starve to death? Is is because they didn't want food strong enough to have it fall out of the sky into their lap?

EDIT: When you say that the universe will give you what you desire in the face of the fact that not everyone gets what they want, to me that is a step away from people claiming that the universe is on their side more than other people, like they are some kind of chosen people and the less fortune shouldn't be cared about, and why should we? If the universe doesn't hold them high, why should we?
edit on 8-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

You are lost on the subject.

If something bad happens to you, there is a good reason for it! If you decide to worry and fret about it and then continue to be a "Whoa is me person", that life is treating me unfairly then what do you think, if this is real, would the law of attraction give you? The negativity you think! it is the self fulfilling prophecy!

Learn it and do it, if it doesn't work for you then that's proof for you. Don't assume that you know the answer cause you think it's right.

Sirric
edit on 8/3/12 by sirric because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by satronEDIT: When you say that the universe will give you what you desire in the face of the fact that not everyone gets what they want, to me that is a step away from people claiming that the universe is on their side more than other people, like they are some kind of chosen people and the less fortune shouldn't be cared about, and why should we? If the universe doesn't hold them high, why should we?

There's plenty of Universe to go around my friend... it's all about recycling that Positive Energy!

~philthy

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
For everyone looking for the "secret," it is just the state of mind. Clearly we know that input of information also quantifies the output in any circumstance when you're trying to produce any thing whether mental or physical. I am in aspiring musician and have seen multitude of things changing or "happening" in my life. Ever since I was little I use to visualize myself on talk shows with big people doing interviews. And by this I mean, I actually use to speak dialogue and converse with no one really there and visualize cameras and what not. Another thing to add is that I've never had any instrument training or taken any music class but I'm more than adept at playing the piano and composing different genre of songs whether Hip Hop, Rap, Pop, R&B, Electro, Dubstep etc. etc.

I think this is what they meant with giving your whole body and soul to life and what you want to do in it.

I thought it's time for me to share this link with the OPs post. Its a 31 minute audio book by Earl Nightingale, wiki him if you want to learn about him further.

www.youtube.com...

Enjoy.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
As far as souls go, its more than just the secret. Some peoples use of their mysteries and elitism is actually setting this world up to a huge disaster that parallels atlantis and lemuria's destruction. And they've taken complete advantage of everyone, and they're bringing in lots of problems and possibly karma.

But if you are really searching for your life's purpose, and looking at karma not as debt, but learning tools. And meditation, even regression can work, its all in the same family actually, for tapping into the subconscious and even beyond the subconscious. And our Spirit seems to be willing to give people alot more answers when you start to seek, because that is part of why we're here, and our Souls want us to tune out the world and programs and go within.

So, positive thoughts, and co-creation, is even more enhanced when you start to live your dreams. Or imagine, picture, play out in your imagination, living your dreams, and if your dream is one that is good, positive, doesnt harm anyone else, and it could even help others, then the energy will come, especially if you're starting to learn the karmic lessons (ie. make peace with all your difficulties or difficult family members and start to practice unconditional love and strive for harmony), because our family and friends, even some of the antagonists, are soul family and karma we came to work on, and we came polish up our lights brighter.

So when you're actually doing this, and then start to use Law of Affinity, Raising Frequency, Being a Light in the world, this is going to bring or draw in not only happiness, but change timelines, create higher vibrations and inspirations for others, draw in health.

In this, we should look at what problems and difficulties or lower frequency experiences are around us and find ways to work through to the lesson, as quickly as possibly, try to see it from a higher perspective.

I think all of this goes hand in hand.
edit on 8-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join