It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret works....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirric
reply to post by satron

You are lost on the subject.

If something bad happens to you, there is a good reason for it! If you decide to worry and fret about it and then continue to be a "Whoa is me person", that life is treating me unfairly then what do you think, if this is real, would the law of attraction give you? The negativity you think! it is the self fulfilling prophecy!

Learn it and do it, if it doesn't work for you then that's proof for you. Don't assume that you know the answer cause you think it's right.

Sirric
edit on 8/3/12 by sirric because: (no reason given)

You are lost as you have invented a fantasy reality. Good things and bad things happen to people all the time, and there isn't always a good reason for it. Is there a good reason someone wins the lottery?

There is no law of attraction in serendipitous moments. You can't just say that people that don't get what they want just didn't want it less than the next person that got what they wanted. Like the universe favors them?

I don't know the answer, but I know when I see a wrong one.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_philth

Originally posted by satronEDIT: When you say that the universe will give you what you desire in the face of the fact that not everyone gets what they want, to me that is a step away from people claiming that the universe is on their side more than other people, like they are some kind of chosen people and the less fortune shouldn't be cared about, and why should we? If the universe doesn't hold them high, why should we?

There's plenty of Universe to go around my friend... it's all about recycling that Positive Energy!

~philthy

There is no mystical energy in the universe that acts as Santa Claus my friend.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

Yeah, it's luck. The universe is uncaring to what you want. Everyone doesn't get what they want, that's silly, I can give you many instances of me wanting something and not getting it. Have you ever got something you didn't want? How do you explain that? What about people that starve to death? Is is because they didn't want food strong enough to have it fall out of the sky into their lap?

EDIT: When you say that the universe will give you what you desire in the face of the fact that not everyone gets what they want, to me that is a step away from people claiming that the universe is on their side more than other people, like they are some kind of chosen people and the less fortune shouldn't be cared about, and why should we? If the universe doesn't hold them high, why should we?
edit on 8-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

There's more to it than just wanting. I have also found that thoughts have a way of manifesting, and the state of mind behind the desire seems to be key. You're right, everybody wants. But I've found with myself, and through watching others, that if you are in a positive, open, receptive place, you are more likely to bring your desires into your life. I guess some of it is common sense. People who are succesful have to believe in themselves. Alternately, those who have the most negativity and self hatred tend to bring very little positivity into their lives, but when they change their attitude, their circumstances change.

As for people who are starving, many incredible survival stories are about those who thought "outside the box", which wouldn't be totally possible with a negative attitude. But the problem with The Secret and What the Bleep Do We Know is that it puts responsibility ENTIRELY on the individual. This is a complex universe with many wants and needs floating around. It would be ridiculous to believe that ALL events in one's life can be attributed to the mindset of the individual, although mindset plays a crucial role.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

There certainly is a mystical energy in the universe and it does have physical implications. I have seen it twice first hand. Once, when an acupuncturist healed my elbow after a year's worth of repeated surgeries and experts could not heal it, and even my vascular surgeon was impressed, although not surprised by the results. Second, at a martial arts demonstration where a little chinese master was able to manipulate his energy in drastic and impressive ways, and me, being twice his size, along with 4 or 5 other very sturdy and fit men could not budge the little fella without his permission. When he allowed us to move him, I could easily pick him up by myself, when he focused his energy, the 6 of us could not lift, move, or sway him in any way, he might as well have been Stonehenge.

So, the mystical energy is there, and it can be manipulated, but whether or not it rides around in a red sleigh is debatable.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

that's perfectly normal my dear fellow traveler. As evolution applies to our bodies and functionality, so it also applies to our brain and thought process. Your set of instruments aren't to the point for you to digest this information without skepticism. Which is very healthy. I also believe in reincarnation and the infinite evolution of your brain and soul. That's why I think we have such a thing called individuality.

Hence the duality in being an individual. You just need more empirical evidence on such a subject, and until it is provided, and you process it into your inner being, you can't access the duality that you yourself posses and are capable of. Right now you're just dealing with the physical one sided coin, but once someone shows you the "tails" there's not much to go off of. And that's healthy for the reality you are perceiving.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_philth

Originally posted by satronEDIT: When you say that the universe will give you what you desire in the face of the fact that not everyone gets what they want, to me that is a step away from people claiming that the universe is on their side more than other people, like they are some kind of chosen people and the less fortune shouldn't be cared about, and why should we? If the universe doesn't hold them high, why should we?

There's plenty of Universe to go around my friend... it's all about recycling that Positive Energy!

~philthy

Wrong. The universe itself is the ultimate free lunch.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
"Don't be greedy for happiness or positivity, that only breeds more sorrow and negativity."

"The accumulation of positivity can be just as damaging to the mind as the accumulation of negativity. Take everything in moderation as it is needed."

These are far more powerful 'secrets'. As the magicians and shamans who hold occult powers that can manifest their desires, communicate telepathically, and so on, see the Buddha's awakening as an unattractive and undesirable thing, they endlessly are unknowingly searching for what he already has found, happiness and satisfaction.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The law of attraction is some powerful stuff
It's kinda like vodka.
Making the secret similar to grey goose -(it's just well marketed vodka)
I can taste the differents in a blind test and easily pick out stoley or imperial from grey goose and schmirdoff gets spit out
But they are all potent the first time I heard of the secret my good friend who is probably the most skeptical wont believe in anything unless he knows it kind of person besides my father
(but both are real closed minded but very intelligent people)
Well he showed me the marketing video I'm in marketing and he's in sales so we understood what's being sold
but more importantly what that was about he make dream boards and writes out the things he desires
I must say it has had a noticeable impact to his career and life from what ive seen.

which is great, but even stupid little things like if we wanted to sneak into a movie 32 out of 45 times the back door would not be shut completely so we could just go in
now it also helps that I can open the doors to the emergency stair way to the mall and the door to the back exits to all the movie theaters but they changed the locks to movie theaters exits after I graduated HS years ago so I couldn't open those but for some reason every time we go there and visualize a door open and one would be
11 Out of those 45 it was the movie we wanted to see that's out of 15 theaters too

Mind you this was done over a number of years and with some movies being packed like the dark knight and chronicals recently that where way awesome
others that I'm glad I didn't pay for but where worth seeing like x man first class or movies i wouldnt have really gone to unless required to
toy story 3 (probably the best written movie of 2011) that's saying something
Or some of the worst movies that tricked me with the previews
like transformers 2 ironman 2 or god damn sucker punch
if I had paid for that I would have been more pissed off then I was for watching it

But the secret or law of attraction hemetic mystery teachings whatever you want to call it works
And that got me into researching philosophy hermetics and the Egyptian mystery schools as well as alchemy which I use daily in marketing or even poker alchemy to me is the art of manipulation while magic is the art of deception.

This is a lost on my friend who could care less for the history behind the secret or anything besides that to him it works
which I find funny because he showed it to me but he won't listen to me but I won't push it on him I don't want to take away the magic of it for him
So I'm stuck talking with you all on the Internet since no one seems to care or have the brain capacity to understand in my outer-net

This I found interesting since this is all about mind over matter and manifest destiny

I found this video to make the far without structure of are universe seemingly like the structure of the human mind in a CT scan or observed close within
That made it all seem so infinitely close but at the sametime infinitely far from me

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I don't know the answer, but I know when I see a wrong one.

Hate to be the party pooper here, but I rather agree with Satron. It is not fair to tell someone that their life sucks because they don't want it to be better enough...or that they have somehow missed steps in their ability to visualize their dreams properly or that ergo, they don't know how to dream or that their dreams are somehow wrong or broken. What a real # thing to say or imply to someone.

***I am sorry dude...but your life sucks and your children starved to death because you didn't visualize yourself in a better place and you didn't really want them to have food badly enough. Or, in following the logic, you were Actually visualizing their demise and are therefore to blame both directly and indirectly for their deaths as well as your own crummy life. Sucks to be you.

***Well clearly it was your own fault you were raped madam...you must have visualized the experience happening and brought it on yourself, next time practice better cognitive control....this is 'The Secrets' line of thinking.

If the phenomena exists as we are to lead to believe then it Must go both ways, not just for the fluffy, happy, touchy-feely good stuff. In for a penny in for a pound, and it is wrong on so many levels.

I

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by azamber

There's more to it than just wanting. I have also found that thoughts have a way of manifesting, and the state of mind behind the desire seems to be key. You're right, everybody wants. But I've found with myself, and through watching others, that if you are in a positive, open, receptive place, you are more likely to bring your desires into your life. I guess some of it is common sense. People who are succesful have to believe in themselves. Alternately, those who have the most negativity and self hatred tend to bring very little positivity into their lives, but when they change their attitude, their circumstances change.

There is a psychological component behind it that increases your changes for success, but that doesn't portend that the universe is going to drop gifts in your lap because of it. Just because your attitude can be described as "positive, open and receptive" doesn't mean you're closer to the key that unlocks a secret portion of the universe that will spontaneously give you presents. People that are successful tend to have more than belief in themselves. They have been shielded from the more traumatic portions of life that effect other people, so they have no experience to justify themselves to be less cheery than they are. It's just luck, and luck isn't equal opportunity.

As for people who are starving, many incredible survival stories are about those who thought "outside the box", which wouldn't be totally possible with a negative attitude. But the problem with The Secret and What the Bleep Do We Know is that it puts responsibility ENTIRELY on the individual. This is a complex universe with many wants and needs floating around. It would be ridiculous to believe that ALL events in one's life can be attributed to the mindset of the individual, although mindset plays a crucial role.

And a magnitude more died right where they were starving and had nothing but food on their mind right before death, assuming they didn't go insane.

I think it's absurd to think that the circumstance behind the events of an individual is based on entirely on himself and their attitude. The ultimate message of the Secret is blemished with wishful thinking: "I'm successful because I'm more in tune with the universe"

Like I said, it was just luck. Why do people have to justify it as something more than that?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Why cant you give credit to something usefull instead of wellwishing?

How can anyone use this information to improve their lives? As somone whos been on ATS for a while i expect better than this ignorant delusional trash to come out of your mouth.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

There certainly is a mystical energy in the universe and it does have physical implications. I have seen it twice first hand. Once, when an acupuncturist healed my elbow after a year's worth of repeated surgeries and experts could not heal it, and even my vascular surgeon was impressed, although not surprised by the results. Second, at a martial arts demonstration where a little chinese master was able to manipulate his energy in drastic and impressive ways, and me, being twice his size, along with 4 or 5 other very sturdy and fit men could not budge the little fella without his permission. When he allowed us to move him, I could easily pick him up by myself, when he focused his energy, the 6 of us could not lift, move, or sway him in any way, he might as well have been Stonehenge.

Just because no one can explain it doesn't mean it was a miracle. You couldn't move your master because you weren't disciplined enough. If he is that good, why isn't this recorded? These claims are either grainy or debunkable like a lot of UFO videos.

There are things in my life that I can't explain, but I don't get ahead of myself and claim that is was some spooky happening, the explanation was there, it just wasn't very obvious. In this age of information (and a lot of false certainty) you have forgotten that humans don't actually know everything there is to know.

So, the mystical energy is there, and it can be manipulated, but whether or not it rides around in a red sleigh is debatable.

You can believe it, but doesn't make it true. I'd like to see evidence, and you have given none.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by clowdstalker

This comes with a caveat, however, in that the power of positive thinking can have profound affects on ones outlook and state of emotional/psychological health, which can in turn empower someone to take control over certain situations happening in their lives and or give them the mental faculties to think around whichever corners they are behind.

And I believe in the power of positive thinking, but I don't think it will open up an invisible portal in the universe that drops gifts on you. That's a bit of a stretch.
edit on 8-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I think the Secret is great and yes it works. I don't understand the skeptics. Why would they care if others feel they get a benefit from the Secret?

Look it's the placebo effect and if a person thinks it helps them then it will and there's no problem in that.

I have a friend who has to drink Vitamin Water every morning because he believes it gives him energy for the day. I think it just taste like flavored water and it does nothing for me. I will never try to knock him down though because he believes he's getting this big boost and so he is.
edit on 8-3-2012 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

What would constitute evidence of my elbow? You want my medical records or a photo of the healed scar?

I blew myself up. I had full thickness burns over 25% of my body, and several skin graft surgeries as well as a stay in a burn unit and 2 years of physical therapy and 2 years of wearing compression garments. My right elbow refused to heal. After a year of failed grafts, it was still bleeding, cracking, oozing, and occasionally getting infected. Through a random interaction I met a acupuncturist for an interview on a college project. He asked me if I had any problem areas he could demonstrate on, and I showed him my elbow. He said he could fix it, and I thought it would be interesting for the project, so I let him do "surrounding the dragon" on the elbow. It was a series of pins and electric shocks.

The elbow was healed within 2 weeks.

It was painless and free, whereas the multiple surgeries had been neither! I called my vascular surgeon, he asked me to come see him, he agreed that it was healed, and he said he had heard of it working before, but he had never seen it firsthand.

As for the Aikido Master, that was 20 years ago, and I didn't think to bring a camera, LOL! I'm sure there are still some masters around that would be happy to demonstrate, look one up and make sure to bring a camera. I can attest to his weight before, during, and after. I personally picked him up off the floor, by myself, with ease, and a few moments later I couldn't have budged him with a dump truck. There is no physical explanation, I guarantee it, there is only a spiritual one.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
I think the Secret is great and yes it works. I don't understand the skeptics. Why would they care if others feel they get a benefit from the Secret?

Look it's the placebo effect and if a person thinks it helps them then it will and there's no problem in that.

I have a friend who has to drink Vitamin Water every morning because he believes it gives him energy for the day. I think it just taste like flavored water and it does nothing for me. I will never try to knock him down though because he believes he's getting this big boost and so he is.
edit on 8-3-2012 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
this conversation will never end so probably best for all parties involved to just agree to disagree.

the power of positive thought and manifestation has nothing to do with the Secret. I believe in it and I have never read the book nor do I plan on it. Its a mystical teaching from way back and there is truth in it BUT if you think that's a load of crap that's cool too.

We are all creating our own worlds with our thoughts so why limit yourself and put up barriers?

Horrible things happen to some people and it changes their lives for the better....
Some people win the lottery and it destroys their lives forever....

It's about looking into WHY something happens and learning from it, taking the lesson to heart but most of the time when something bad happens we say "life sucks, its so hard" instead of realizing the potential in every action.

But whatever, its free choice, believe what you want. If you are a skeptic, try it. See what happens....

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrdwzrd
But whatever, its free choice, believe what you want. If you are a skeptic, try it. See what happens....

Said like a champ!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

That isn't true. The Higher Frequency energy we are striving to reach for is Joy, Happiness, and Compassion. That is not only the Family's energy, Source's energy, or Home, as we would say, but also, the plane, subset of frequency, that your Greater Soul, your Soul basically, is operating at, and how it comes in image to me, (because locality is merely a perception, and its all around us really, is just at the top layer of earth's atmosphere, kind of the ceiling (again perception only), the gravity is less.

Our state of being is positive.

Its only here in the testing ground that we are wired into both sides of the spectrum. And free will really just means, forgetting. Having the veil over our memory. For, in unity with our Family, we don't have the will harm others, we feel their pain. That is really all it means, forgetfulness and more density and separation.

Our natural state is Joy.

Raising Frequency is the goal here, and this is also awareness, awakening, becoming, the cup that contains the sliver of our lower frequency consciousness gets more and more filled with our Greater Soul as we do this.

And frequency has a lot to do with manifesting or drawing in a postiive timeline or event.

Frequency Class - THE BASICS - pt 1

Frequency Pt 3 - The Law of Affinity - How it affects your life

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Of course, but there is a joy in working through the problems in your life, which are the lessons, basically, and shining up our light, or turning our Soul's weaknesses into strengths. And then there are greedy things people can yearn for too. Then there is the natural state of having positive thoughts, thinking good thoughts. Turning things around when negative chatter begins. And striving to find the work you can do that helps others and yourself. Your life purpose. When you're doing that, nothing is coincidence, synchronicities begin to occur. Daily miracles.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join