It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret works....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Quote from Satron:

"I agree. A negative attitude will lead to less desirable outcomes, and will minimize their perceived luck. But what about people that WERE victims all their life? How do you get them to successfully get out of that role when they've been in that role since they were born? Again, it's just luck of the draw. It's not their fault they were born in the circumstances they were thrown into. You can't merely tell them to take a more positive outlook on life, because they have no experience of what a positive experience is. It's like asking a kindergartner to take a calculus test."

I beg to differ. I myself had a victim mentality for a long time... and consequently I kept repeating the experience of being victimized -- over and over. At some point I decided to turn my life around and become more assertive -- and I did. There's always a way to change yourself if you're really willing to. It's just not true that, once a victim, always a victim... unless you choose to keep it that way.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie
reply to post by satron

Quote from Satron:

"I agree. A negative attitude will lead to less desirable outcomes, and will minimize their perceived luck. But what about people that WERE victims all their life? How do you get them to successfully get out of that role when they've been in that role since they were born? Again, it's just luck of the draw. It's not their fault they were born in the circumstances they were thrown into. You can't merely tell them to take a more positive outlook on life, because they have no experience of what a positive experience is. It's like asking a kindergartner to take a calculus test."

I beg to differ. I myself had a victim mentality for a long time... and consequently I kept repeating the experience of being victimized -- over and over. At some point I decided to turn my life around and become more assertive -- and I did. There's always a way to change yourself if you're really willing to. It's just not true that, once a victim, always a victim... unless you choose to keep it that way.

Consider yourself lucky. I applaud you.
edit on 13-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

reply to post by satron

Quote from Satron:

"A drug addict has no money to buy drugs, and they are getting increasingly desparate to receive drugs. After the desparation hits a tipping point, they decide that they have to change plans, which was to acquire money in honest fashion. So they decide to hold up a convenience store to acquire money. They do it and acquire money which they can use to get drugs. Drugs were obtained because they got desparate enough to get them."

So that's your example of something that WORKS? Like the drug addict-cum-robber who has now not only an addiction but also the police looking for him, who will throw his butt in jail as soon as they catch him?

Hm... not exactly my idea of "this works," to be honest with you.

Regardless whether they got arrested or not, they got what they wanted, and it was out of desperation. You can't deny that.

EDIT: If they didn't get arrested, they were lucky,

Yes, but you said this would be an example that "desperation works." Wrecking your life and committing crimes -- even if you're lucky enough not to get caught by the police (this time), is not exactly my idea of something that works. If your example had been that that junkie was totally desperate, hit rock bottom, and made a special effort to get back on his feet, then I may have conceded. But your example is not something "working" by all means.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

reply to post by satron

Quote from Satron:

No luck involved -- just determination.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

reply to post by satron

Quote from Satron:

"A drug addict has no money to buy drugs, and they are getting increasingly desparate to receive drugs. After the desparation hits a tipping point, they decide that they have to change plans, which was to acquire money in honest fashion. So they decide to hold up a convenience store to acquire money. They do it and acquire money which they can use to get drugs. Drugs were obtained because they got desparate enough to get them."

So that's your example of something that WORKS? Like the drug addict-cum-robber who has now not only an addiction but also the police looking for him, who will throw his butt in jail as soon as they catch him?

Regardless whether they got arrested or not, they got what they wanted, and it was out of desperation. You can't deny that.

EDIT: If they didn't get arrested, they were lucky,

Yes, but you said this would be an example that "desperation works." Wrecking your life and committing crimes -- even if you're lucky enough not to get caught by the police (this time), is not exactly my idea of something that works. If your example had been that that junkie was totally desperate, hit rock bottom, and made a special effort to get back on his feet, then I may have conceded. But your example is not something "working" by all means.

How do you know? Maybe it gave them the energy to get that job interview that will turn out to change their life. You really just don't know. Life throws curve balls at you all the time, there is no way to explain everything that happens other than it happened. It's just luck, some people have more and some people have less.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

reply to post by satron

Quote from Satron:

No luck involved -- just determination.

I'm sure there was a chance you would have failed. But you didn't, so you're lucky, if you were as bad off as you say you were.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
For those saying the Secret is a marketing gimmick, it is.

However, I simply used that name as it is the most commonly known "brand" on this way of thinking.

When we first applied the ideas, it wasn't with any kind of get rich idea. We simply were curious, and figured the worst thing that could happen, is that we may just be more positive and focus more on positive things than negative.

That right there, is worth giving it a shot. The money thing was a pleasant side effect, and at first it was trivial.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Do you think worrying about things too much would affect the law of attraction????(OCD style)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

reply to post by AuranVector

That was beautifully said! You're so right -- I've known a lot of people in my life who opted for the victim role rather than taking charge of their own lives. Others, like some of the debunkers here, simply refuse to believe that "it could be that simple," because that would invalidate all the strife and struggles they've been through to better their life.

Alas, you can't change anyone's mind FOR them; all you can hope for is put out some information and maybe inspire a few people to dig deeper. Even if only one person gets inspired by this thread, though, it'll have been worth it.

Thank you, and of course, you're right -- you can't change anyone's mind for them.

These adamant naysayers remind me of this famous quote:

“The very idea that any one creature (human) should be fortunate enough to secure some particular advantage which others, through their own indolence or indifference, have missed is sufficient to excite the envy of the weak or the anger of the ignorant…”

“It is impossible that an outsider should enter into a clear understanding of the mystical spiritual-nature world around him and it follows that the teachings and tenets of that spiritual-nature world must be more of less a closed book to such a one – a book, moreover, which he seldom cares or dares to try to open.”

“For this reason the sages concealed much of their profound knowledge from the multitude, because they rightly recognized the limitations of narrow minds and prejudiced opinions…”

“What the fool cannot learn he laughs at, thinking that by his laughter he shows superiority instead of latent idiocy.”

Source: Marie Corelli’s “The Life Everlasting” quoted on Page 13 of Claude Bristol’s “The Magic of Believing.”

Marie Corelli’s was a world-famous English novelist in the 19th century.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector
reply to post by satron

Satron, did you ever actually watch "The Secret" DVD?

Yes I seen it about 5 years ago, it wasn't very memorable.

It's surprising -- because it's a very clear presentation of these basic LOA ideas -- not a complete presentation, but enought to start with.

But apparently in your case, none of it registered.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

reply to post by satron

Quote from Satron:

Exactly, it's a very poor example of desperation "working" to get what you want.

Unless you have no moral qualms about robbing someone, and possibly injuring him physically in the process -- quite possibly killing him (murder).

Does not fit most people's ideas of "success." Unless you're a sociopathic thug.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

... New Age ideas are new ways to sort out old problems, because the old one's didn't work

The term "New Thought" was coined back in the 1800's. And there was nothing "new" about them then either.

The Law of Attraction (LOA) and other occult laws of how we create our personal reality can be traced back to the Hermetics of the ancient Egyptian Mystery schools and even farther back in the yogic teachings of India.

There is nothing "New Age" about "New Thought."

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

I wasn't raised in a ghetto but have not had a privileged life, and prefer grass roots people. And don't really believe we're meant to focus on wishes, wants, greed. But hold positive views of family relationships turning to love, solutions coming, people waking up, and disclosure occurring. We also would like to have our own home, but want it for everyone, I see earthship homes, eco farms, and clean energy for every single person on this earth.

I see children emerging from their earthship homes in Africa, Madagascar, and being able to teleport to school wherever they want.

And the real tech emerging, and the pyramids crumbling.

I include our family in the equality I see, but don't think we're here to focus on ourselves alone.

Fishing in the Phoenix Earthship

There is simply no need in this world for starvation or homelessness. These homes are self powered, require no heating or cooling, use conventional solar and wind, and recycle water, however, they could be boosted with free energy as well.

Grow their own food, and there is a still is a need for trade and supplies, but it sure would lesson the load on what is needed and provide survival for ALL.

And this is what I hold.

Its about equality, thats what we are really here to learn. Love and Family and Equality.

However when a person begins to do the work they are mean to do, the Family and their Higher Self, provide, for we are actually in a system of abundance not scarcity. So, the search is within.

And if notice my signature, many come in and roll up their sleeves and go to the trenches, thats where the wisdom is.

I love the Earthship -- brilliant idea. I wonder what it takes to build one. I'm going to have to research this.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumSeeker

A quick answer plus warning.

The idea is that if you worry about something you will attract that negativity. Whether you believe in LOA or not, what I do like about it is that it's main principle is to think of ways in a positive light. I think if you are interested in LOA you should look up free (free, because there are people willing to scam you for 1000 if you let them) ways to destress using LOA principles. I'd only spend money on the books if you were interested, but workshops and things of that nature I wouldn't spend money on, unless I was going for fun.

LOA is a nifty principle and it's interesting to learn about, you just have to make sure that when you are figuing out ways to destress that it doesn't come at expense of your wallet.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissDirtySouth

The idea is that if you worry about something you will attract that negativity.Whether you believe in LOA or not, what I do like about it is that it's main principle is to think of ways in a positive light. I think if you are interested in LOA you should look up free (free, because there are people willing to scam you for 1000 if you let them) ways to destress using LOA principles. I'd only spend money on the books if you were interested, but workshops and things of that nature I wouldn't spend money on, unless I was going for fun.

LOA is a nifty principle and it's interesting to learn about, you just have to make sure that when you are figuing out ways to destress that it doesn't come at expense of your wallet.

Even if it is totally-insane-with-no connection OCD style???Any suggestions??thnks
edit on 15-3-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hottoboggan
i hope nobody minds me bringing it up but i am because i have had success with it. sigil magick. its a form of chaos magick. look into grant morrison there are great videos.

believing is power. i only bring this up because i want to begin creating peace sigils to try to help society. everyone needs to let go of their fear, if not all then at least the fear of what others think so that they can talk things out instead of keeping them to themselves and letting a problem spiral out of control into a negative life direction.

our problem is morality and fear. unfortunately these things are destroying us more and more every day. help a stranger. say hi to everyone. we're all the same for the most part and most of us just need love and an understanding that anything that happens simply is and to let it weigh negatively is actually a choice, not a built in instinct, but this can only be realized after you realize whatever happened to you was a negative reflection from another person's deep problems they cannot let go and by blaming yourself or asking why me you are just letting a deep rooted negativity be transferred forward in time.

it's a shared world and instilling confidence in anyone you can will help edge them closer to doing the same or standing up against the injustice we face today.

Mental Slavery is a choice. Help people see it. Sorry if i got off topic but i know if enough people create peace sigils we will start noticing a difference, even if its on a small scale. believing is the power, you must know that it will work and it will.

Even if you are skeptical it only takes 30min to have a sigil ready after no previous knowledge.

Our mother earth didn't let us thrive like we are now to not work together and evolve the planetary organism as a whole. We can do it. Apologies for being preachy but we are running out of time.

Technology has the potential of shackling us to a system where we work to give the best to those who can buy it and who will and have horded it to themselves to make sure their bloodline will always be served upon.

We are not there yet but with all of the laws breaking the constitution apart there is an obvious attempt that the rich are trying to step closer and closer to a world described in Brave New World with a backbone of 'security' (control) from 1984. We can overcome.

More on sigil magick:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hottoboggan, Your post is worth reading, but difficult to read because it was a "wall of text." I just broke it up to make it easier to read.

Sigil Magick is interesting -- I know people who swear by it. I've heard people refer to "Chaos Magicians" as "New Age Satanists" lol -- very funny. I don't believe that -- although there are dark experiments in that branch of Magick.

Thanks for the thread link -- should be interesting reading.

Doing a Peace Sigil is not a bad idea. Although because if the Age we live in (Dwapara Yuga -- depends on the formula you use to calculate the Yugas), 50% of the souls incarnated are still spiritually asleep. It's not a stable situation -- very tumultuous with constant wars between Light & Darkness.

Treta Yuga (when the Vernal Equinox enters sidereal Aquarius -- "The Age of Aquarius") is still 2,300 years away in the future. In Treta the tide will turn in favor of Light -- 75% of the souls incarnated will be aware of Spirit.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumSeeker

The idea is that if you worry about something you will attract that negativity.Whether you believe in LOA or not, what I do like about it is that it's main principle is to think of ways in a positive light. I think if you are interested in LOA you should look up free (free, because there are people willing to scam you for 1000 if you let them) ways to destress using LOA principles. I'd only spend money on the books if you were interested, but workshops and things of that nature I wouldn't spend money on, unless I was going for fun.

Even if it is totally-insane-with-no connection OCD style???Any suggestions??thnks

Don't they have psycho-therapists who specialize in treating people with OCD?

I'd also look for nutraceuticals that strengthen the brain & nervous system.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
oh it works, i am a true believer. I had to dig into the science of it all before I applied the method though. I have to know how and why things work the way they do. Unfortunately, we are talking about quantum laws and the how and why doesnt come as easily. But its the most interesting topic, i've ever been so strongly involved in. Heart and Soul...and maybe third eye..lol Just a warning though for anyone who is testing the waters and asking for a sign that you are being heard... well careful what you wish for. I say this because, I asked for a sign. I asked for a pretty specific sign or so I thought. My confirmation would be an animal. I asked to connect with a rabbit. Why a rabbit, I dunno. I made it clear that this rabbit would be no ordinary white rabbit hopping across the road because that was not clear enough. I wanted to see a black rabbit, I wanted to make eye contact with this rabbit and it had to be spontaneous. Meaning I could not just go to the pet shop and stare down a bunny. lol That was in January 2010. Months passed, I never saw a rabbit. I forgot I had even asked actually. I never mentioned any of this to anyone, in fact no one even knows i'm into this kind of stuff as deeply as I am. In April, I had my 39th birthday. I came home that day and my boyfriend/exhusband/finance/soul mate (long story) told me to sit down and close my eyes. He asked me to hold out my hands for a bday surprise. OMG! can you guess what he handed me!!! a black rabbit! who does that!! She was a 3 month old Flemmish Giant who is now 23 lbs and hopping around my back yard!!! I named my confirmation Feebie Mc Foot Foot. lol careful what you wish for.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

Originally posted by QuantumSeeker

Don't they have psycho-therapists who specialize in treating people with OCD?

I'd also look for nutraceuticals that strengthen the brain & nervous system.

The thing is when OCD's magical thinking latch on something that might suggest that it is "real" ,its like "hey, LoA says thought can manifests itself (under certain circumstances) ",you know the rest of the story,other people just telling me it doesn't work won't make me just stop ruminating about it(if someone just say this religion is real or fake,would you just belive them?),it needs to be stopped from LoA POV.

I think I need a LoA expert more than a psychotherapist.

The idea is that if you worry about something you will attract that negativity Whether you believe in LOA or not, what I do like about it is that it's main principle is to think of ways in a positive light. I think if you are interested in LOA you should look up free (free, because there are people willing to scam you for 1000 if you let them) ways to destress using LOA principles. I'd only spend money on the books if you were interested, but workshops and things of that nature I wouldn't spend money on, unless I was going for fun.

I am not interested in using LoA right now , what do you mean by I will attract the negativity that I worried about?I am (slightly) worried about whether I have cursed an action ,if I do something ,will it hurt someone else?The action is not exactly related ,something like magical thinking.

edit on 7-4-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I don't know about the book, and haven't read others on visualization ... but, I was told about it in the 70's and it worked immediately.

I've told the story on ATS somewhere or other before so I think the rules say I'm not allowed to tell the story again.

So yes, it works ... but, with a price. After I saw the consequences several times ... I stopped using visualization altogether. The 'price' to pay wasn't always my own, and that bothered me too.

My idea is that it (visualization) works like dreams. Dreams have no morals or ethics; but, most of all dreams take the subconscious words and symbols "literally". Dreams can take a common term like "swine flu" from your subconscious and then present it to you in a dream as pigs or even flying pigs.

Well, I found that visualization worked the same way.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join