It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kirk Cameron on homosexuality.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Why is it that only North Amerikans are the only people on the planet that care where someone put his/her private parts? Wake up people, the rest of the world moved on a generation ago. It is SO GAY babbling on about homosexuality all the time...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Greg Laurie covers the topic really well on how non-believers take the Judge Not verse out of context.

John MacArthur covers the topic of homosexuality and the Bible since most people seem to be confused about it and/or wish to ignore sound doctrine.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by PharohGnosis

What did Christ say about being Gay? Can you please cite the gospel, scripture or whatever, where Christ addresses homosexuality?

He didn't say anything about it...

The very idea of being against it is flawed when compared with his teaching...

Fornication is a sin. Jesus Christ came to fulfill the Law. Whenever the masses came to Jesus Christ, he told them repent and not to sin. Repent mean turning away from their previous flesh serving life.

e.g. Jesus Christ and the female adulterer

John 8: 1 - 11 NIV
1 but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. 2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” 6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him. But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”11 “No one, sir,” she said. “Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”

This doesn't mean that she could go on committing adultery, but to turn away from fornication and her worldly and flesh-serving life before meeting Jesus Christ.

Was Jesus above that law? He asked that anyone without sin be the first to throw a stone. He himself didn't throw a stone. Was he (a) sinful or (b) above his own instructions or (c) was it a trap to free that woman without her getting stoned?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
LOL Kirk thinks the Adam and Eve was meant to be taken literally.

Why would anyone take him seriously?

Here is the science version of his notorious banana video that was posted on the first page

And he doesn't understand bananas very well. This video explains how bananas were REALLY made, LIKE DOG MOST BREEDS. They are man made not by God as he said. The guy is clueless

edit on 6-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
if the magical sky wizard
and his chosen 80's TV champion
want me to break up with my girlfirend
they can come to my house personally
and explain exactly how and why the way i feel when i look into her eyes
is something so foul i deserve eternal damnation

of course the only sensible answer to this is that
this love i have is worth any condemnation.
even if somehow these ridiculous stories and arbitrary rules turn out to be for real
i'll take this ride to eternity
and i'll be smiling when i see you in hell, dear godhead.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Lot of rhetoric being thrown around, which is to be expected from the ats sages. Many of you try to speak with authority on issues you are either completely clueless, or rely exclusively on what you "feel" which blows with the wind. The Bible will never be dethroned, especially by the likes of many of you. Your insults and ad hom attacks against Kirk can't even sooth your inner turmoils. Repent and turn to Christ before it is too late.

Piers Morgan, really? You're going with the because 7 states make it legal, that makes it right argument? Slavery was legal, keeping women from voting was legal, allowing young children to work in factories was legal etc. He totally missed Kirk's point about him imposing a moral judgement on Kirk's moral judgement. I hope his child tells him, "dad I am pro life, or I am converting to Christianity" so we can watch his moral relativistic philosophy fly straight out the window.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

What did Christ say about being Gay? Can you please cite the gospel, scripture or whatever, where Christ addresses/condemns homosexuality?
edit on 5-3-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

Jesus was an observing jew, if you want to know what he would say about the matter ask an observing jew, but keep in mind Jesus would say "go and sin no more". He would forgive you, but for your part of the bargain you must repent and change your mind and no longer do those things.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders.

The Corinthian Church suffered from a plague of sexual immoralities of the sort: orgies, homosexuality, adultery, prostitution and fornication.

Homosexuality in the bible is classified as a sexual immorality and yes Jesus was very outspoken against sexual immorality. In fact:

Matthew 11:20-24 Woe to the Impenitent Cities
20 Then He began to rebuke the cities in which most of His mighty works had been done, because they did not repent: 21 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. 22 But I say to you, it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon in the day of judgment than for you. 23 And you, Capernaum, who are exalted to heaven, will be[d] brought down to Hades; for if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. 24 But I say to you that it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment than for you.”

He did make references to Sodom, where the word Sodomy is derived from. Jude also has something to say on the matter:

Jude 1:7 7 as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

1 Corinthians 5:11 But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

You cannot be a christian if you do those things. I'm sorry but this is the way it is. Unfortunately you and those like you will reject the tenets of the faith because it does not support your chosen lifestyle and to that i say this:

2 Timothy 4:1-5
1 I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at[a] His appearing and His kingdom: 2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. 5 But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

The guy from Growing Pains whose best friend was a dude named Boner?

Kirk Cameron is just a man with a religious belief, like you I suppose, but it doesn't make it real truth. Is it Bible truth? Only if you believe in the Bible, Torah, or whatever religious book you follow.

Thats exactly the way I feel about Dawkins, just a man with a religious belief, like you I suppose, but it doesn't make it real truth.

But on marriage. It is a covenant between a man , woman and God.
It is not something that can be changed to mean something else without destroying its meaning.
Imagine a person arguing we call a 67 Mustang a Honda Goldwing. Homosexuality life time commitment is not a marriage. Call it something else, make it binding and legal. Its not right to use the term marriage.
Christians may judge Christians but have no right to judge nonchristians. Thats biblical.
To call two same sex couples joining in a lifetime commitment a marriage is a miss representation of the term. Think of a homosexual term dont use a heterosexual term
edit on 6-3-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by decepticonLaura

even if somehow these ridiculous stories and arbitrary rules turn out to be for real

He will not go to your house, when you die you will go before his throne, and all he will say is "Left, Next!" and in with the goats you shall go because you have heard the words and ignored them seeking after your own desires and ways instead of his desires and ways.

You do not have to believe it, that is your choice and you do have a choice, but the consequences you pay for shall also be your choice for you have made your decision by your rejection of the word. There will be no "But, but, but, LOOOORD i didn't know"! Because we have told you and he will say "I have given you my prophets, and my scripture as well as my children so that you may know the truth, and you heeded them not" and he will do this with great sadness but do it he shall.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by aaronez
Why is it that only North Amerikans are the only people on the planet that care where someone put his/her private parts? Wake up people, the rest of the world moved on a generation ago. It is SO GAY babbling on about homosexuality all the time...

Many country's still kill homosexuals, it was Christianity that encouraged compassion in North America.
Its so dumb babbling on about what you dont know

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Jesus was an observing jew, if you want to know what he would say about the matter ask an observing jew, but keep in mind Jesus would say "go and sin no more". He would forgive you, but for your part of the bargain you must repent and change your mind and no longer do those things.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders.

Yes, Thank you. Jesus was Jewish. He preached to Jews, his message was to Jews. Jewish law does NOT apply to gentiles. We don't stone sassy teenagers, pork eaters, or those who wear mixed fabric fibres.

I didn't ask what Paul said. Paul, whoever the many forgers that penned and promoted his heresy actually were, never met Jesus and didn't speak for Jesus or promote his teachings. IMO, 90% of the New Testament is manipulative drivel, meant to promote blind faith in order to control and enslave the pagan population of the time.

So, there you have it. Jesus never addressed homosexuality.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by aaronez

Because we (Christ's believers) are one of the last beacons of light left in the world. The Restrainer will be taken away soon and chaos and evil will overrun this world and it is already happening, hence all the wars, the millions of murders that take place each year as babies are butchered inside their mothers wombs to the Destroyer, the poisons the Illuminati put in the food, medicine and water to give people cancer, the social upheavals of the Arab Spring and Occupy Movements. All of it is connected.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Yes, Thank you. Jesus was Jewish. He preached to Jews, his message was to Jews. Jewish law does NOT apply to gentiles. We don't stone sassy teenagers, pork eaters, or those who wear mixed fabric fibres.

I didn't ask what Paul said. Paul, whoever the many forgers that penned and promoted his heresy actually were, never met Jesus and didn't speak for Jesus or promote his teachings. IMO, 90% of the New Testament is manipulative drivel, meant to promote blind faith in order to control and enslave the pagan population of the time.

So, there you have it. Jesus never addressed homosexuality.

Again, you will see it your way because you do not want to recognize what is truth. Jesus is the incarnation of God, he set down what is in the Torah, Penteteuch, Septuagint, Bible books before he ever came to this world. God is unchanging.

Again, Jesus addressed sexual immorality and homosexuality within the bible is defined as a sexual immorality. When he created Man, he didn't create another man for him to have sex with, he created him a mate a female, now you can deny this all you want and in so doing you deny the truth and you are not christian, nor are you a follower of Christ but a follower of the synogogue Satan.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Religious bull to control the masses and I'm very decieved to see so many people giving actual credibility to a novel, a very violent novel.

Religion breeds violence, and people will call it teachings of Love and Light. Spare me...

Peace and much Love

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Its extemely simple ladies and gentlemen.

Being against gay marriage or even gay relationships is like being on a diet and getting mad at someone else for eating a doughnut. It is perfectly fine to be heterosexual and perfectly fine to be homosexual. The problem comes about when you start telling someone else how to live their life. You have to understand that you are asking someone else to submit to your world view and that makes you an asshole.

It that simple.

And yes I understand that I am calling you an asshole for not submitting to my world view. The difference is that I am not denying you the right to be an asshole.

edit on 6-3-2012 by underduck because: clarification

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Kirk Cameron would be a successful politician... he answers all questions like one.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I find myself dumbfounded, and quite sad, that this bible topic is still defended with such passion.

Need I remind people that the bible was also used to approve of slavery, condemnation of black people, and women, common people!

All of this happened in recent times, you have no excuse for not taking it into consideration and learn.

In those situations bible quotes were also used to back up their claims and make it acceptable, but today thanks to many brave men and women it all (mostly) stoped.
Accept the truth.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by decepticonLaura

He will not go to your house, when you die you will go before his throne, and all he will say is "Left, Next!" and in with the goats you shall go because you have heard the words and ignored them seeking after your own desires and ways instead of his desires and ways.

You do not have to believe it, that is your choice and you do have a choice, but the consequences you pay for shall also be your choice for you have made your decision by your rejection of the word. There will be no "But, but, but, LOOOORD i didn't know"! Because we have told you and he will say "I have given you my prophets, and my scripture as well as my children so that you may know the truth, and you heeded them not" and he will do this with great sadness but do it he shall.

wow.
now, this seems to be happening a lot to me lately.
you seem to have read something completely different to what i posted
wherever did you get the impression i would be begging ignorance?
i know exactly what i do
and if somehow when i cease to be
some part of me is dragged before his ridiculous highchair
you can bet i'll be spitting in his eye before he can slam down that baby rattle in judegement.

did you read the bit of my post that was
the actual important bit?
the part where i talk about love and how incredible it is?
and how there are more important things than which monkey bits you keep in your pants?
why on earth would our loving sky dragon create us like this
to feel this way
if he intends to burn us for it? and not even have the balls to come down and apologise to his children for it?
"oh, sorry Laura. i know you feel incredible and complete and like a worthwhile person when you are with her
and i know she treats you amazingly and you have a rich, full, meaningful life together
but yeah thing is
i hate gays
get in the fire"
can you really believe in a 'loving dragonfather' like that?

ETA: underduck i love you! they're jealous cus my donut is way more fun than their salad
edit on 6-3-2012 by decepticonLaura because: spreading the love

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by decepticonLaura

I love you too! Although your doughnut looks great and I am happy you like it but I will be sticking with my salad. Enjoy your doughnut.

edit on 6-3-2012 by underduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by underduck

my doughnut says i am in trouble for calling her that and i have to stop shouiting at conspiracy nuts and get some sleep XD
but thank you for providing a voice of reason [and a great analogy]
that is all too sorely missing in this place

by which i mean the world.
to all you angry bible people; getting along is REALLY that simple. no tricks.
now i am going to go and enjoy my life
which feels to me to be so pure, so full of light
i sugest you find something that makes you feel the same
since being angry about old books and whether people you will never meet are obeying them
does not seem to be doing any of us any good

pece

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join