It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kirk Cameron on homosexuality.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PharohGnosis

Or Christ was right that only a man and woman can create life but no way is saying that's the only way for a human to live. If a man or woman wants to be a homosexual than they shall, for it has no effect on you at all. If religious people think gays are the sinners of all sinners decreed by God and by God they shall die then let God do his job (according to the religious people) and deal with the gay people.

No matter how much religious people want there to be no such thing as gay people it's just a dream. There always has and always will be gay people, and no religion in the world has the power to vanquish them. For all the gay people to cease to exist and never exist again would take a "miracle" by God.

Ain't happening. Do something better with your time. Worry about Israel striking against Iran, not gay people.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PharohGnosis

The Bible has a prophecy that says people will give up truth for error and listen to false doctrine "For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear." -2 Timothy 4:3

Follow a false Gospel all you want but on Judgment Day God will cast you into Hell for rejecting his truth.

Oh, the irony of it all, Won't that be a butt kicker when evangelicals like Kirk Cameron get slapped down by God for pushing antiquated intolerance from the Old Testament instead of love as Jesus commanded in the New Testament.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Christ even said ONE MAN and ONE WOMAN will be united in one flesh. He didn't say a man and man or a woman and woman. He was against homosexuality.

Um.....You are making an assumptive leap there. Christ DIDN'T say something, so you are filling in the blanks to suit your agenda.

Riddle me this: With all the horrible problems in the world today (hunger, child abuse, disease, wars, crimes against humanity), why in the world are the Christians constantly harping on homosexuality and abortion? Listening to y'all, one could easily get the impression that you are obsessed with sex and what other people do with their bodies.

Whatever happened to "Love thy neighbor as thyself"? I don't think Christ was excluding certain groups of people based on their sexual proclivity or how much sin they engage in.

Spread love, not hate. Surely that is what Jesus would do.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Ohh! So JESUS was the one that outlawed polygamy, a widely practiced custom, as well as concubines and homosexuality? Too bad those early Christian Greeks and Romans didn't know that.

Face it bro, you can't find credible evidence that Jesus condemned homosexuality, concubines, sexual slavery or polygamy BTW, Jesus displayed some rather "brotherly" love, there himself.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by David134
reply to post by mainidh

Mainidh I agree with alot of what you said, but I feel I must call you out. How could you ever compair the comedic geniuss of Tom and Jerry with Kirk Cameron and growing pains. Sir, though I agree with your social views I believe you have insulted a great 80's icon.

Aww heck, I know... It was a poor judgement call..

All I could think of was that poor mouse being hounded by that mean cat with a very large hammer

Maybe a look to the Itchy and Scratchy documentaries will help me avoid such mistakes in the future

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by windword

What did Christ say about being Gay? Can you please cite the gospel, scripture or whatever, where Christ addresses homosexuality?

He didn't say anything about it...

The very idea of being against it is flawed when compared with his teaching...

Fornication is a sin. Jesus Christ came to fulfill the Law. Whenever the masses came to Jesus Christ, he told them repent and not to sin. Repent mean turning away from their previous flesh serving life.

e.g. Jesus Christ and the female adulterer

John 8: 1 - 11 NIV
1 but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. 2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” 6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him. But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”11 “No one, sir,” she said. “Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”

This doesn't mean that she could go on committing adultery, but to turn away from fornication and her worldly and flesh-serving life before meeting Jesus Christ.

fornication is only a sin according to the church... meaning extra marital relations...

1. voluntary sexual intercourse between two unmarried persons or two persons not married to each other.

en.wikipedia.org...

And they associate it with adultry, which is "betraying" someone you promised to devote your life to...

Jesus said nothing about being Gay... And sex outside of marrige is not a sin...

Our species would be extinct if sex was a sin....

You're just spouting off religious dogma that you've been taught...

Silly...

edit on 5-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

Aww heck, I know... It was a poor judgement call..

All I could think of was that poor mouse being hounded by that mean cat with a very large hammer

Maybe a look to the Itchy and Scratchy documentaries will help me avoid such mistakes in the future

All is forgiven.

I just have to make light of it some how because it amazes me that we can be more worried about two adults having consentual sex than all the wars, hunger, and poverty going on in this country. And yes I said country. Lets clean up our own back yard. Then maybe we can try and save the world.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

What did Christ say about being Gay? Can you please cite the gospel, scripture or whatever, where Christ addresses homosexuality?

Fornication is a sin. Jesus Christ came to fulfill the Law. Whenever the masses came to Jesus Christ, he told them repent and not to sin. Repent mean turning away from their previous flesh serving life.

1 but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. 2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” 6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him. But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”11 “No one, sir,” she said. “Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”

This doesn't mean that she could go on committing adultery, but to turn away from fornication and her worldly and flesh-serving life before meeting Jesus Christ.

fornication is only a sin according to the church... meaning extra marital relations...

1. voluntary sexual intercourse between two unmarried persons or two persons not married to each other.

en.wikipedia.org...

And they associate it with adultry, which is "betraying" someone you promised to devote your life to...

Jesus said nothing about being Gay... And sex outside of marrige is not a sin...

Silly...

Arguments over semantics. okay, ill clarify next time, that was my mistake. When i say fornication, i mean the whole broad scope of SEXUAL IMMORALITY.

Scriptural reasoning:
1 Corinthians 7: 1 - 7
Now concerning the things of which you wrote to me:
It is good for a man not to touch a woman. 2 Nevertheless, because of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband. 3 Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. 5 Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. 6 But I say this as a concession, not as a commandment. 7 For I wish that all men were even as I myself. But each one has his own gift from God, one in this manner and another in that.

Notice how Paul doesn't even mention homosexuals? (There would be no need of that in Paul's time) but homosexuality would fall under the sexually immoral.

But because everyone has their own God-given purpose, like to reproduce, so Paul advises that if you were to be sexual intimate, it is best kept between a husband and wife.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PharohGnosis
At least he's not afraid of the Liberal media and is willing to speak Biblical truth.

Neither was Anita Bryant.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
I'd be willing to bet a few paychecks that Mr. Cameron has some very homoerotic dreams.

I have read elsewhere - - that many years ago he was seen in a couple of gay places - - alledgedly.

Rumor? Most of those rumors turn out to be true.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
all I keep reading are implied theories that homosexuality is a sin, god created men and woman for procreation
so now that are population has boomed maybe gods plan involves homosexuality to slow the population growth and bring about balance for our species
since our technologies have evolved and warded off many plagues and diseases
but that is just to logical and humane to be truth,

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by leawyoming
maybe gods plan involves homosexuality to slow the population growth and bring about balance for our species

There has always been homosexuals. Its just how the genetic chemical soup is stirred.

Homosexuals don't need anyone coming up with an excuse for their existence. Its kind of insulting IMO.

No offense. I know that viewpoint has traveled all over ATS.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I talk about them giving implied theories then I proceed to give one myself ....
No offense meant by the statement I guess when it comes to these kinda topics no one is right and no one is wrong since it is all about opinions Only till we meet our maker will everything we know be guesses at best

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by leawyoming
I talk about them giving implied theories then I proceed to give one myself ....
No offense meant by the statement I guess when it comes to these kinda topics no one is right and no one is wrong since it is all about opinions Only till we meet our maker will everything we know be guesses at best

What is not about opinion - - - is Equal Rights.

I know Christians who think homosexuality is a sin - - - but they understand Equal Rights - - and that it is not their place to judge. It is God's place to judge. It is their place to Love.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

Riddle me this: With all the horrible problems in the world today (hunger, child abuse, disease, wars, crimes against humanity), why in the world are the Christians constantly harping on homosexuality and abortion? Listening to y'all, one could easily get the impression that you are obsessed with sex and what other people do with their bodies.

The majority of Christian's aren't the same Christian's you see demonstrating or protesting. They both extract the same moral values from the Bible, but they differ in the way they act on it, Christian's nonetheless. Christian activists and activist organizations wish to uphold the sanctity of the traditional family ideally so that when their children grow up it is still the generalized model. You would want to start a college fund for you kid right? They object to infanticide and homosexuality just as you object to them objecting to infanticide and homosexuality.

edit on 6-3-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Silly...

Arguments over semantics. okay, ill clarify next time, that was my mistake. When i say fornication, i mean the whole broad scope of SEXUAL IMMORALITY.

Scriptural reasoning:
1 Corinthians 7: 1 - 7
Now concerning the things of which you wrote to me:
It is good for a man not to touch a woman. 2 Nevertheless, because of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband. 3 Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. 5 Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. 6 But I say this as a concession, not as a commandment. 7 For I wish that all men were even as I myself. But each one has his own gift from God, one in this manner and another in that.

Notice how Paul doesn't even mention homosexuals? (There would be no need of that in Paul's time) but homosexuality would fall under the sexually immoral.

But because everyone has their own God-given purpose, like to reproduce, so Paul advises that if you were to be sexual intimate, it is best kept between a husband and wife.

Yet again, you're just spouting off garbage you've been taught by your church...

Theres NOTHING immoral about two concenting adults gay or otherwise... choosing to have sexual relations...

IF The male female paradigm was God given... Animals would not engage in same sex activities... since they do not comprehend the idea of Sin...

And of course you would need Paul to back that claim... but what does he know...

Brainwashed by your religion bro...

edit on 6-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

All is forgiven.

I just have to make light of it some how because it amazes me that we can be more worried about two adults having consentual sex than all the wars, hunger, and poverty going on in this country. And yes I said country. Lets clean up our own back yard. Then maybe we can try and save the world.

Well at least they're sharing it..

What about us mastuba.. I mean.. single folk!!

Thank christ the god bothers dont tackle us .. ahem... single folk !!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Kirk Cameron also thinks that since a banana can be easily held in your hand, that proves gawd is real.

Because he's ignorant, he doesn't know that our modern banana is totally different from wild species. These wild species were hybridized to create the one you can buy in a local grocery store.

Real bananas also contain seeds, and one of them is MUCH more filling than the ones you get here in the US.

More ignorance from ignorant faces. Those who know the least know it the loudest.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
So Kirk Cameron shoots Christian infomercials on... bananas???

Sure doesn't make him or Christians in general look very bright does it?

Well done OP on presenting Christianity as a bigoted and ill informed hate faith.

edit on 6-3-2012 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
OK akragon, i provided sound interpretation that is in alignment with the bible, and you seem to respond with a circular disdain against my "brainwashed" opinions at every attempt as i try to intellectually debate with you. For someone that reads the bible so much, you seem prone to pick and choose verses as you see fit, which is evident in your post and thread history and your total disregarding of Paul's teaching, a dangerous mechanism perpetuated by the "doctrinal brainwashers" of organized religions that you seem so passionately against.

one thing is clear, and you cannot create mental hurdles around this absolute: same sexual relations are CONDEMNED under Mosaic Law, for the sole purpose to set the Jews apart from the rest of pagan worshiping world.. You ever read any biblical stories where the role characters were homosexuals? NO. Homosexuals were STONED for their sexual immoralities. Thankfully, because of Jesus Christ's sacrifice, ALL sins are forgiven, except for blaspheming the Holy Spirit...that being said, sexual immoral sins are forgiven. but just because the sin is forgiven, that doesn't mean that we should go out and continue our flesh seeking ways. if one were to truly profess to love Jesus Christ and believe in him, it would hurt their ego at first, but eventually, they will learn from their faults and turn from the way of the world.

Do i condemn gays? NOT AT ALL, as i have homosexual friends. Do I think gays should be married? Sure, if it makes them happy, even if i were to disagree, it is not going to this movement. Do i believe the Christian church should start recognizing same sex marriages within the church, NOT AT ALL.

edit on 6-3-2012 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join