It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kirk Cameron on homosexuality.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

At least he's not afraid of the Liberal media and is willing to speak Biblical truth.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This is why no one listens to has-been 80s TV stars

Who's your next great speaker of "Biblical truth," Corey Feldman?
edit on 5-3-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
How extremely ironic for you to use the terms "biblical" and "truth" in the same sentence. I'd be willing to bet a few paychecks that Mr. Cameron has some very homoerotic dreams.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
How extremely ironic for you to use the terms "biblical" and "truth" in the same sentence. I'd be willing to bet a few paychecks that Mr. Cameron has some very homoerotic dreams.

That tactic is worn out. Come up with a new one -yawn-.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PharohGnosis

I see your Homosexual Biblical agenda and raise you.

A Banana. The Atheists Nightmare.

Face it man, if you're using kirk to somehow show people things, you may as well watch tom and jerry cartoons...

(ps, ignore the homo erotic undertones of this video, I am sure they had no intention of simulating... ahem... well.. rofl!!)

edit on 5-3-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I miss Growing Pains.

I was a bit gay for Kirk Cameron when I was young I think

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I appreciate his view, exactly my sentiments.

Nice find OP, but I still won't watch Pierce Morgan anymore

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

The guy from Growing Pains whose best friend was a dude named Boner?

Kirk Cameron is just a man with a religious belief, like you I suppose, but it doesn't make it real truth. Is it Bible truth? Only if you believe in the Bible, Torah, or whatever religious book you follow.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Why in the world would anyone care, one way or the other, what this has been, wanna be, no talent, couldn't get a real job, sycophant yes man, thinks about gay marriage. He is irrelevant to the debate.

BTW, I worked on the set of "Growing Pains" and I have first hand experience with the personality of this egomaniac loser. He is an opportunitist using Christianity to keep up his fan base, no more, no less.
edit on 5-3-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a lot of anti-gay remarks and a lot of anti - anti-gay remarks. Saw this on the yahoo main page and amazingly, people were defending Cameron's opinion and freedom of speech, while the media, did the exact opposite. Personally, i could care less what the homosexual does, i wish they wouldn't but no one is going to stop them without the use of a form of violence, and i am against the use of violence to impede upon another's opinion. i, however, am against when the Christian churches start recognizing same sex marriages within the church, that's a big NO NO
edit on 5-3-2012 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

People who don't lead their lives according to the Bible, Torah, Koran, etc, don't care, besides the ignorant racists and whatnot. But those who believe they are following the word of God want make sure no one is going against the word of their God, and it doesn't matter if the gay people are religious or not. If Bible thumping really believe the Bible and think all gay people are the most vile of sinners and will be killed by God then why don't they jsut leave gay people alone and leave it to their God to kill them off? Simple enough right? You would think, but people like Kirk or Santorum seem to always be thinking about gay people. I gotta be hones, I don't waste 1 second of my day thinking about gay people. Who has time for that?

In conclusion, religious people hate those who don't follow their God and his rules.

It's sad after everything we've learned from our recent history that its okay to discriminate against gay people in the name of religion and people find it okay. I pray that one day all religion will have lost all its influence on mankind.
edit on 5-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I don't remember adam and eve getting married ? I do recall thier being incest with cain and his sister,
so thats okay just nothing gay lol funny

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

and it doesn't matter if the gay people are religious or not.

If they practice Christianity and are gay they aren't following Christ but a false Gospel.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

What did Christ say about being Gay? Can you please cite the gospel, scripture or whatever, where Christ addresses/condemns homosexuality?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

What did Christ say about being Gay? Can you please cite the gospel, scripture or whatever, where Christ addresses homosexuality?

He didn't say anything about it...

The very idea of being against it is flawed when compared with his teaching...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

What if they're Jewish? Since some of these anti gay verses are from the Old Testament. And believe me, there are gay Christians out there who follow the word of Christ, as it wasn't Christ who says you shouldn't be gay. Apparently it was his Dad, who is a bit of a jerk in the Old T, especially when you compare him to the New T.

Here are the anti-homosexuality verses from the Old and New Testament

carm.org...

Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."1

Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"

1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

The apostle Paul, formerly known as Saul, wrote the book of Romans & Corinthians (so they say) and apparently only met Jesus when Jesus was on his way to heaven. So he didn't get to spend much time with the man to ask him how he felt about the gays.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Mainidh I agree with alot of what you said, but I feel I must call you out. How could you ever compair the comedic geniuss of Tom and Jerry with Kirk Cameron and growing pains. Sir, though I agree with your social views I believe you have insulted a great 80's icon.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

It doesn't address homosexuality
it addresses beastility in the old testament
says that the man and the animal that is raped should be punsied by death
Probably why they sacrificed alot of lambs in those days

edit on 5-3-2012 by leawyoming because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

What did Christ say about being Gay? Can you please cite the gospel, scripture or whatever, where Christ addresses/condemns homosexuality?

Jesus replied. “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” -Mark 10:5-9

Christ even said ONE MAN and ONE WOMAN will be united in one flesh. He didn't say a man and man or a woman and woman. He was against homosexuality.

The Bible has a prophecy that says people will give up truth for error and listen to false doctrine "For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear." -2 Timothy 4:3

Follow a false Gospel all you want but on Judgment Day God will cast you into Hell for rejecting his truth.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

What did Christ say about being Gay? Can you please cite the gospel, scripture or whatever, where Christ addresses homosexuality?

He didn't say anything about it...

The very idea of being against it is flawed when compared with his teaching...

Fornication is a sin. Jesus Christ came to fulfill the Law. Whenever the masses came to Jesus Christ, he told them repent and not to sin. Repent mean turning away from their previous flesh serving life.

e.g. Jesus Christ and the female adulterer

John 8: 1 - 11 NIV
1 but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. 2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” 6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him. But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”11 “No one, sir,” she said. “Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”

This doesn't mean that she could go on committing adultery, but to turn away from fornication and her worldly and flesh-serving life before meeting Jesus Christ.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join