It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 324
<< 321  322  323    325  326  327 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: orionthehunter

It's easy to be shocked when you touch metal or anything that might have metal mixed through it when the air is dry, and it also depends on the type of clothes and shoes you have on. Some attract electricity more than others.
I have been shocked so bad sometimes in stores that I almost filed a complaint with the store!

Good to see you again, Orion.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: sled735
Thanks,
I didn't really want to post a screen shot earlier that showed a small green circle for my location. It was about the only area in South Carolina in the 50's at first. It spread though.
As far as static shocks, yeah touching metal might not seem unusual. That was how I noticed a problem started back up a couple years ago. It started with metal, then later included water and other materials at random odd times. In one club, I asked if anyone if anyone else was having a problem and I heard, "only you". There might be a weird but logical explanation such as too much iron in my blood might cause me to accumulate electrical charges that builds up and suddenly discharges every few minutes in certain locations. I did not have any problem for two years. I decided not to give blood recently which can lower my iron levels. That may not have anything to do with it though. Maybe it won't get as bad as 2 years ago. It's been raining all day yesterday and up to now. I woke up and hear the rain suddenly slacking off. That's probably the most rain we've had at one time since last spring. We're in a drought in SC.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Hello again everyone,
I believe I commented on this thread many months ago but haven't checked all the pages to be sure. There are a lot of great stories on here (when I read through it there were less than 300 pages), some I believe are quite real and some I believe are false. No need to be naming names and accusing anyone, I just suggest you apply discretion when reading.

Any ways...
I don't think these incidents were recorded last time I posted. As I think I said before, there is something in our house that is mimicking voices. Mine seems to be most common. My mom will hear me call for her, at first normal and then quite loud and persistent, like I would in pain or in great need. I've been sick for the last 4 years so maybe some of the times I called for her the emotions got saved in the house and replays itself? My brother also hears me call him, I only heard it once, when it used my mother's voice calling me.

A couple nights ago I woke up because my my bed was actually pressing into my back. Not sure how to describe it, but it felt like someone was inside the mattress poking up over and over. I sat up and said "STOP IT! I'm trying to sleep" and it worked.

I bought a voice recorder to try and get EVPs, but to no avail. I'd love to just get one class-A piece. I try to contact my father who passed away 3 years ago, try to get him to give me a sign. I don't think it's him doing the stuff I'm describing.

I guess I rambled on enough, thank you for the awesome thread.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

What was weird about the General? Stubblebine?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tajlakz

What was weird about the General? Stubblebine?

We overlapped at Bragg. You didn't want to get sucked into one of his projects, it was pretty career limiting.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Horrorfan1985

Hello, Horrorfan1985. Nice to see you again.

Yes, your last post was in April of this year. You can check just your own posts (or anyone else) by clicking the guy under your avatar then click on "posts in this thread".

Yeah, I remember you and your story. So, it appears whoever is there is still trying to mess with you and your family.

You did the right thing. Take charge! Show no fear! That usually works, unless it's a very strong entity... not a human spirit. But, I think this may be a human spirit. I hope.

Continue what you're doing, except I don't know if you should be trying to get EVPs. I've read several things lately that suggests that this is just as bad as using a spirit board... it opens a door, and you don't know what might come through. Of course, you can ask your guides and guardian angels to allow only good spirits to come through, and protect yourself in a bubble of white light, and say a prayer for protection first, if you continue to pursue this.

Thanks for stopping in. Keep us updated.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

What a great post and question with heaps of positive replies. Personally I have had all of them except I have not been abducted. That just reminded me of a dream I had this week. I was chasing some alien around and he was scared of me.
Actually there were three aliens. Funny how I just remembered that.
I think what is really happening is life itself is a paranormal experience. Paranormal is actually normal. We should drop the para. People for the most part are conditioned out of experiencing that larger spectrum of life as well as their ego hinders it. In my world your normal and healthy.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: giacomo9979

What a great post and question with heaps of positive replies. Personally I have had all of them except I have not been abducted. That just reminded me of a dream I had this week. I was chasing some alien around and he was scared of me.
Actually there were three aliens. Funny how I just remembered that.
I think what is really happening is life itself is a paranormal experience. Paranormal is actually normal. We should drop the para. People for the most part are conditioned out of experiencing that larger spectrum of life as well as their ego hinders it. In my world your normal and healthy.

Thank you, and welcome to the thread. I like the way you think!

We would all love to hear some of your experiences, if you don't mind sharing.

Enjoy reading through the thread. You won't find another place anywhere that offers the diverse stories shared here. Feedback is welcome.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: orionthehunter
Thanks,
I didn't really want to post a screen shot earlier that showed a small green circle for my location. It was about the only area in South Carolina in the 50's at first. It spread though.
As far as static shocks, yeah touching metal might not seem unusual. That was how I noticed a problem started back up a couple years ago. It started with metal, then later included water and other materials at random odd times. In one club, I asked if anyone if anyone else was having a problem and I heard, "only you". There might be a weird but logical explanation such as too much iron in my blood might cause me to accumulate electrical charges that builds up and suddenly discharges every few minutes in certain locations. I did not have any problem for two years. I decided not to give blood recently which can lower my iron levels. That may not have anything to do with it though. Maybe it won't get as bad as 2 years ago. It's been raining all day yesterday and up to now. I woke up and hear the rain suddenly slacking off. That's probably the most rain we've had at one time since last spring. We're in a drought in SC.

Do you have long hair? The reason I ask is I know for me sometimes my hair gets really really charged up and will generate static. It's can be really bad I can sometimes just take my hand and my hair will raise.

I've been shocked by water before that was painful, I have also been shocked by an old school cable box (the ones with the buttons on top) I ended up blowing a fuse I think when I touched the cable box. The entire house went dark for a few seconds and then the cable box took awhile to reboot.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: sandman441

I actually have short hair. It has been misty or drizzling ever since I last posted on here. No electric shocks since then either. Except for the weather being stuck like it was last Thursday, nothing unusual going on here except the flashes of other people I occasionally see in a house where I live alone. I was just thinking the other night, if two similar parallel universes collided, that would be really bad. I might have lots of people in my house and someone else might be saying it was their house too. Plus stuff would be all over the place and possibly fused together.

I was speculating that the flashes of people I was seeing for the tiniest fraction of a second were not ghosts, but flashes from a similar parallel universe I might be seeing. I used to see computer screens flicker on occasion before they last upgraded them to a much faster speed even though they said people couldn't perceive the flickering before. I could at times.

edit on 27/9/15 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

And to think, you could've learned how to walk through walls

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tajlakz

And to think, you could've learned how to walk through walls

It might have been interesting in some other setting. But it was a big career ender at the time. As someone warned me: if you think you're doing ok on the tests, screw up.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

The mantis-looking guys? I'm not sure what they're all about.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Never saw those. But I had many a runin with the blue guys and what I called the angel lady as a kid.

However, I am prone to sleep paralysis dreams, and I take all those experiences with a grain of salt. However detailed they seemed.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I've been known to sense things before they happen and have a habit of projecting my thoughts on to others who then say something I'm thinking of at that very moment. An example of sensing the future was in a video I made for my sister who is a paramedic. It was called the Christmas Ambulance and was a cartoon of an ambulance flashing red and green to the Benny Hill theme tune. At the end I put the picture of an overturned UK ambulance on its side. The following week my sister was driving her ambulance in the snow. It skidded on a corner and fell onto its side. An example of thought projection was at work. I had just done a calculation that came to something like 147,000. One of the guys went to the printer and muttered under his breath "It's like winning 147,000 sweeties". He hadn't seen my calculation which was scribbled on a piece of paper and by now in the bin. I get that quite a lot and it happens over the Internet as well.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Yes, the sleep paralysis... It can feel more "awake" than awake sometimes. I can remember my last one thinking that I was awake in bed, and this sense of "they're coming" being real thick and heavy. I kept trying to shout to my girl "they're coming!" but I couldn't make any noise and hardly move my mouth.

Usually I feel like I'm being pulled sideways out of bed, and few times I even feel as if I've fallen on the floor, wrapped up in my blankets. In most instances I realize what is happening and have fun relaxing, fighting, and just messing around with the sensation.

That last time though I was in really deep because I couldn't seem to even remember sleep paralysis was a thing.

I'd say I have that a few times a year. I can honestly see why people would think they are being abducted if they've never heard of it or knew it was a normal thing that can happen when you're sleeping.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

That last time though I was in really deep because I couldn't seem to even remember sleep paralysis was a thing.

I have those, too, but there's a similar yet distinct version wherein you hallucinate at the same time.

It's very realistic, and it doesn't help that my eyes are open and I'm looking around the room, and my head overlays dream imagery onto the real background.

Generally they start off with me in bed and 'whatever' happening. But eventually, it continues with me being elsewhere, and it all still seems very real. My brothers had the same thing, at one time in our yoot we sleepwalked with it going on, which makes for even weirder memories later.

So I have some Stephen King-esque memories from childhood. As an adult, it's often hard to separate what I'm dreaming from what's really occurring if it's a bad one, and when I finally DO wake up, it's hard to sleep again that night. It was really rough right after the Army period during school, but now it's nearly stopped. And I can break the dream sequences now.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   

As a child (maybe 4-5) I often times would "wake up" and find myself floating over my bed, face down, with my head at foot of my bed. Then I would begin to spin like a helicopter blade faster and faster. Once the spinning started, I knew it wouldn't last much longer. Then, I'd "snap" back into my body and fall back asleep. This happened quite often, and I can barley remember it -- I just remember that it happened, and quite a bit.

I used to hear "voices" that sounded like someone had a TV or radio on way downstairs despite there not being anyone awake. If I just listened, I could hear them any night if I wanted to after everyone was asleep. This continued until I became a teen. I could never make out words, just the mumblings of muffled, distant voices. I used to think that maybe I was hearing radio waves in my brain or something (no, I didn't have braces or anything).

I also used to be really good at "hearing" electronics. I could tell you if a TV was on in the next room or on another floor. There was this "buzz" or "whine" from electronics that I used to be able to sense. I sometimes still can, but it has to have a lot of electricity flowing and I have to be really close.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Wow, look at all these posts since I last checked in.

I'll have to get back to you later; getting ready for work now.

But, if anyone is new to the thread, I do want to say, Welcome!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I'd like to chime in and add to the discussion if I may.

I too suffer from hypo/hapogonic (sp) hallucinations a few times a year. now a days they are mostly of shadow spiders etc.

but as a teenager they were very intense. see people standing in the room interacting with me. walls breathing and changing colors. vertigo. but most of it went away as I grew into my 20s.

mostly I have life long reoccurring dreams of the same event/s that are very strange and often terrifying. I too have a hard time going to sleep after them. a few leave me speechless for several hours until about halfway through the day from the dreams content.

but what I really wanted to get at it what mystik touched on regarding floating above your bed or seemingly astral projecting. as Iif you can see from a vantage point not of your own eyes.

this I get often. usually at night. once in my late 20s I was heavy into meditation. one afternoon I decided to hike up to a ridge that was located adjacent to the Hollywood reservoir in the hills there. I had been at it for a few hours (I was really into meditation at the time) when I felt a snap/rush and I had the impression I was a bird flying frantically around a decent sized oak tree down in the canyon below. circling the tree and seeing the knots on its trunk. it's interior branches hidden from my view. this tree was in a canyon I had never hiked down into before and i had never really noticed it before. the event lasted maybe a few seconds and then my concentration had faltered and instantly I snapped back to me, still sitting up on that ridge. instantly I was out of the meditative state but feeling very aware and profoundly understanding of the universe around me. as if my body and soul atomized and was one with everything around me.

with a sense if urgency I took the 45 minutes to hike down into that canyon and inspect the tree.
this was a tree I'd never been to before but the visions were correct and of very high fidelity to the actual tree. clearly saw every knot, branch, scars etc of this tree.

went to research the phenomena I experienced. Buddhists call it satori or something. judeo/Christian religions call it being at one with God etc. scientists say that folks while in the midst of experiencing this phenomenon while in a mri all have a part of the brain shut down that determins spatially where your body physically ends and where the universe around you begins. hence when it's shut off you consciously can't tell the difference between you and the rest of the universe you feel at one sand a part of everything. makes sense.

but it still disregards the fact that I could see something with exceptional detail that I had never seen and especially never from the viewing angle I had orbiting the tree and flying in and out of its branches. so what the hell happened there how did i see accurately all that?

sometimes I wonder if the whole universe is holographic and we are a part of everything and everything a part of us. I'm not religious in any capacity. but a holographic universe would go a long way to explaining phenomena like astral projection, psychic ability, remote viewing etc.

so maybe when part if your brain shuts off you are able to sense or perceive this holographic nature. as if the brain evolved that section to function as a buffer or limit your perceptions of this holographic sensory. you know so you can actually function without loosing your self at the same time.

just some thoughts.

<< 321  322  323    325  326  327 >>

join