It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we be spitting at our troops?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
They would just hire more XE people and make it even more expensive. Better to have US troops on the ground who are accountable to the uniform code of military justice than unaccountable mercenaries who have nothing to answer to except their corporate paymasters,

Yeah. Lynndie England and Bradley Manning have both demonstrated the glorious transparency of the internal disciplinary system. To the extent that there is one at all, it is abundantly clear that it only exists for the rank and file. If the brass do anything wrong themselves, a private will be offered up as a sacrifice. Case closed.

Seriously, guys; you people not only continue putting up with this crap, but whenever any of us civilians mention it, you actually attack us. What on Earth is wrong with you?
edit on 17-2-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by nimsu1987

It's all good.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by technical difficulties
You complained about him generalizating while doing the same thing yourself. Even being in denial about it.

How exactly did I generalize? I pointed out the "anti war" bunch here are the ones putting themselves on a pedestal. Talking about spitting on troops as if they're a lesser form of life. Pathetic.

He said that he doesn't hate the troops, he hates the policies. It sounds like you're projecting hatred morseso than him (with your first reply to this thread). I'll admit your right on the presidents being responsible. Don't really see how that makes him a self-loathing hypocrite in denial though.

If he hates the "policies" he should be asking if we should be spitting on Obama or Congress. BS.

Sorry you can't see that.

He didn't say to spit on the troops (he even said it was a bad idea), he said to educate them on what they're really doing over them. Sorry, but your post is still stupid. It seems like you didn't read his post at all based your first post on this post (which is ironic, because I remember you telling someone else to deny ignorance).
edit on 16-2-2012 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

I read it, more than once. Still don't care.

Should we be spitting at our troops?

And my post being stupid is still your opinion.

Peace!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Actually, it would be more like Indentured Servants than slaves, since you are bound by your contract for a certain amount of time, where as slaves tend to be for life.

reply to post by Sharpenmycleats

As with anything in life, nothing is always certain. My son is intelligent to know that it's quite possible for him to end up having to fight. He's an adult and over 21 and I respect his wishes.
You also have read me wrong: I'm quite proud of him period. I'm also proud of my military service, and I'm even a life time member of the VFW. Please do not assume to know me.

reply to post by zatara

Of course people are willing to be part of organized crime, you have heard of the Mafia, yes?

I'm glad you feel that the OP's question is "stupid", just keep in mind that the "killing machine" as you put it, is there to make sure other "killing machines" do not come over to do just that.

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by eriktheawful
After all, you could be residing in a country where your posts would get you arrested in the middle of the night, and whisked off to god knows what hole in the ground, while that' country's "political police" slowly remove your skin, inch by inch, until you confess to what they want you to confess to.

Lucky you don't have to worry about that.

Obama got the ability to black bag anyone he likes, on New Year's Eve.

Like I said earlier, you are not defending anyone's freedom. That isn't spitting; but it is stating a fact.
edit on 17-2-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

The US Military is not defending anyone's freedom? I surely hope you meant that in being deployed to areas overseas to fight wars you feel we should not be involved in, is not "defending anyone's freedom". Else you are saying that we don't need a military period. Which in the case of a perfect world, you would be right. But we don't live in a perfect world, and if the military was not there, exactly who do you think would keep another country from just marching in and taking over?

United States Uniformed Service Oath Of Office

I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Last line is actually optional, as not everyone believes in God.

I personally do not believe we should be forcing ourselves on another country, nor do I agree with the policies of my country over the last decade. I do believe in helping other countries however who ask for it.
To me it is the same thing as if I was walking down the street and see someone being attacked by someone. Do you turn a blind eye to it? Or do you try to help? Even if that help is in the form of dialing 911 on your cell phone.

--------------------------------

It's very obvious that many people do not like military service personnel, or have certain opinions about them. Hey, I feel the same way about lawyers.

I feel everyone has a right to their opinions and beliefs. I and most of my brothers and sisters who are either on active duty, or ex-service personnel, however do not go out a seek praise from others for our time we served. Just as law enforcement and fire fighters do not go around seeking that praise either, but they do get it from people too. People in the military are not just there to kill, but to help:

Flight 232 Crash

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Good point but what I was thinking about was the massacre in Baghdads Nisoor square. At any rate the Iraqis themselves wanted Blackwater out before they wanted our troops out.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Maybe I didn't make myself as clear as I should of. I am no longer active duty. With that being said, I would NEVER go back there now with what I know. However, when I enlisted it was PRE-9/11 America. When I graduated high school, didnt have enough money for college, and didnt learn a trade, Peacetime military was the easiest thing going. Yes, you do train for war, but don't forget, guys my age when we joined were in elementary school during Desert Storm, and Vietnam was only in schoolbooks. You really didnt think was a possibility.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LrBc1275

Isn't it great that everyone thinks that the only military people on here are post 911 troops. I never get asked when or why I joined. I just get told that I signed up during war so I'm a murderer, when in reality I was in pre 911 just like many others.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
reply to post by LrBc1275

Isn't it great that everyone thinks that the only military people on here are post 911 troops. I never get asked when or why I joined. I just get told that I signed up during war so I'm a murderer, when in reality I was in pre 911 just like many others.

Star for you sir, and thank you, at least someone on here has some sense. Aren't we all murderers, baby killers, fema camp guards, black op illuminati soldiers!! Sorry had to
Love how you get called these things for just trying to make a living
edit on 17-2-2012 by LrBc1275 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu
reply to post by ScarletWitch

"Spitting is a form of assault"

Not assault, battery.

Wrong

2C:12-13 Throwing bodily fluid at certain law enforcement officers deemed aggravated assault; grading, sentence.

Judge teaches what a mother couldn't. A man who intentionally spat at another can be charged with criminal assault, a U.S. appeals court ruled on Wednesday. Jeffrey Lewellyn was sentenced to two years probation and 50 hours of community service

That is pretty clear... Do you need me to provide something that is easier to understand? I would be happy to if you require a simpler explanation.

Spit as in "saliva"?.. nah.. but I'd be all for spitting some verbal insults, if thats your thing, for being dumb enough to be duped into thinking an aggressive war occupier for GOP & DNC liars = protecting freedom/ serving your country.

Can you please reference a specific portion of my post, (that you replied to) that led you to believe I backed or supported either party? I am confused by your attack on me. Did you possibly, reply to the wrong poster?

Want to serve the community?.. apply for the police / fire dept.. they probably wont hire you but, at least it would be a legit attempt. Defend the nation?.. border patrol is hiring.. MMPI testing tends to weed out knuckle-heads the military loves though.. but there's always some douchey career college offering EMT courses.

I am a single mother of 3, I donate my spare time when I can. I would like to thank you for the suggestion though. To address your suggestion for employment, I am fairly certain any police or fire dept, would be happy to have a surgeon on staff.

Heck.. don a sporty red beret, pepper spray & wife beater... call yourself a guardian angel, cruse the bars @ 2am.. and walk drunk horny chicks to their car for free.. a much better community serving choice than following obamaos fascist amoral orders.

It's cute when you use "heck" and "nah." In my head, I use Cooter's voice from the Dukes Of hazard. You wouldn't remember that show, but may have caught a re-run or two.

I want to try it..... Here goes. Yo!, it was wicked cool how you slayed me with your verbal assault. In the future I will check myself before attempting to step up to a hipster. How was that? Or did I need to throw in something like obamafasist or other completely made up words?

Again, I am a bit confused by your attack on me. Can you expand upon your last post. Please make it equally as degrading and rude.. It suits you.
edit on 17-2-2012 by ScarletWitch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ScarletWitch

I think you are wrong, you are pointing out one case ruling on the spitting thing being an assault, here is yet another from a law book A defendant who spits on a plaintiff, even though there is little chance that the spitting will cause any injury other than to the plaintiff's dignity, has committed a battery.

from; www.expertlaw.com...

I believe you just picked out one judges ruling on a case, but that does not make it law...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
These two quotes are quotes to live by, and espouse principles that truly could pave the way to a better world. I think they are pertinent to the topic where it is now.

"The pioneers of a warless world are the young men and women who refuse military service." - Albert Einstein

"There is no way to peace; peace IS the way". - Gandhi.

For those who truly want peace in their hearts, but misguidedly think supporting a military who is the play thing of corrupt and wicked men is the answer, ruminate on those two quotes for a while. They are both profound statements steeped in deep wisdom, and so very elegant in their simplicity.

They are especially relevant at a time like now when the United States is the sole aggressor, and there is no real external threat that in any way, shape, or form, justifies the campaigns of offense having been waged for over a decade now based on a false flag event.
edit on 2/17/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Regardless of how the general public feels about the military is not as important as how our troops are metaphorically spit on by our own government.

Let's look at the evidence:
-- Big Sis has called Vietnam vets and Gulf War vets terrorists
-- Told they will have psyche help after coming home from war. Most don't get it.
-- Many former military are living in the streets
-- Many service men have been asked to reimburse the military/govt. for damaged bullet proof vests.
-- Several dead vets were placed into Arlington Cemetary with mislabeled grave markers and two or three bodies to a grave.
-- Several dead servicemen were dumped into land fills instead of marked graves in Virginia.

Do I have to go on?

Our own government doesn't respect its troops and veterans, so this is where the anger should be directed by the general public as well as those who are serving and have served.

Let's not misplace our anger. It only slows the wheels of justice.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Regardless of how the general public feels about the military is not as important as how our troops are metaphorically spit on by our own government.

Let's look at the evidence:
-- Big Sis has called Vietnam vets and Gulf War vets terrorists
-- Told they will have psyche help after coming home from war. Most don't get it.
-- Many former military are living in the streets
-- Many service men have been asked to reimburse the military/govt. for damaged bullet proof vests.
-- Several dead vets were placed into Arlington Cemetary with mislabeled grave markers and two or three bodies to a grave.
-- Several dead servicemen were dumped into land fills instead of marked graves in Virginia.

Do I have to go on?

Our own government doesn't respect its troops and veterans, so this is where the anger should be directed by the general public as well as those who are serving and have served.

Let's not misplace our anger. It only slows the wheels of justice.

Thank you for pointing those facts out. When we come off active duty we are hung out to dry. I have faced many problems since my transition from active duty back to civilian life. But some people want to put the blame on us. That's ok we know who we are and wether or not we are good people.
edit on 17/2/12 by usmc0311 because: I am an Idiot.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mcamp2011

a U.S. appeals court ruled on Wednesday

Here is a thread that addressed exactly this.
Is Spitting a crime?

I do not know why I felt that I needed to correct him. It may have been the fact,
that he felt he had to correct me, then proceeded to attack me for no reason.

I don't know if it is assault or battery, but I do know, I wouldn't be able to control
myself if someone spit in my face. Some people view it as "no big deal." I look at it
as the worst form of disrespect. I understand that some will not see it that way....
I would rather be slapped across my face, than spit on.

We had a security guard at our hospital, that was spit on, by an intoxicated patient.
The security guard pressed charges, and a colleague of mine testified against the patient.
The guy was charged with assault, but in a plea, it was reduced to public intoxication and
disorderly conduct.

Lets move past this. I realize the OP didn't really mean "physically spit."

"Can't we all just get along"

Everyone needs to remember, on top of joining the military for a better life and the countless other reasons, that our youth join, we need to remember they are only kids when they make this decision. Would you let an 18 year old open you up for a bypass? They are just kids, attempting to make decisions, that they are ill equipped to make.

In our teens, we are only one bad decision away from changing our entire future

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by 31Bravo

I have to get this off my chest.

Your avatar makes me dizzy and nauseous.

Good

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Absolutely Split Infinity, when I was in we actually did more humanitarian duties than any attacks on anyone. Our entire crew of the ship earned the humanitarian service medal when we saved something like 200 people from a ship on fire in the middle east. Not everyone was able to take part in the direct effort of saving them because many were on duty but without everyone on the ship doing their jobs it couldn't have happened so everyone did earn it. We didn't care who they only that they needed help and I can tell you they did not speak english.

We delivered supplies to various countries in some serious hard times. Many sailors volunteered on several occasions to build various needed buildings for communities in third world countries.

You can bet though when we do fight it is against som of the most worthless scum in the world. It may not be for the reasons outlined although everyone we've fought in recent history were some of the worst uncaring, murdering, genocidal, psychopathic regimes there were. The world is a better place without Saddam Hussein and the Taliban is not much better. Anyone that supports their kind of violent history while attacking our troops for fighting is the worst kind of hypocrite there is.
edit on 17-2-2012 by seeker1977 because: typo's

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

You quoted:
"As with anything in life, nothing is always certain. My son is intelligent to know that it's quite possible for him to end up having to fight. He's an adult and over 21 and I respect his wishes.
You also have read me wrong: I'm quite proud of him period. I'm also proud of my military service, and I'm even a life time member of the VFW. Please do not assume to know me."

Nice to know you are proud of your son. I did not assume anything and I don't know you. My response was directly correlated to your own post. After going back and re-reading your post I believe I interpreted them as written.
edit on 17-2-2012 by Sharpenmycleats because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Brave post OP, and something that definitely needs to be said. The fact is that anyone who signed up or re-upped after 9/11 is a complete sell out. Needing money is no excuse. Your good works after returning home is no excuse. Saying that you are doing good and/or killing bad people in another country is no excuse. Tell it to God.

Quote: Thou shall not kill. (Do see an exception for war in that statement?)

Quote: Blessed are the peacemakers.

Quote: The meek shall inherit the Earth.

Any exceptions there?

We can also look at it logically. If you do not support the war, then there is no logic you can use to support the troops. Period.

If you claim to support the troops, but not support the war, then you are a hypocrite. Period.

Logically you have one option. Admit that you are part of the problem and embrace this fact.

The arguments for supporting war/troops (same thing) are based on FEAR, SYMPATHY (for only those close to you and not those actually dying) and/or GREED. Since I doubt that many people here are seeing much benefit from the war, I suppose that the motivation is FEAR.

If this country was actually, in reality being attacked by real terrorists or a real army (not the fantasy land terrorists that only exist on TeeVee) then I will fight to protect my homeland. It is more brave to fight when you are forced to defend yourself, than volunteering in an army run by money hungry aggressors.

Again, take it up with God if you truly know Him. Otherwise try your logic.

I'm looking forward to the twisted logic and ad hominem attacks to follow.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I waited a while before replying to this, because if I had replied immediately after reading, there is no doubt my reply would have gotten me banned.
First off, HOW DARE YOU OP, even consider spitting on ANYONE because you disagree with a person and the choice they made to enlist and serve in the greatest country's military? Should I spit on you because I dont agree with you?
Secondly before the drones reply and tell me that I'm asleep or brainwashed or whatever, youre WRONG, so should I spit on you all because I disagree with you?
You disgust me with your idea, how dare you

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ShockTruther

ShockTruther you are a hypocrite, if you were truly religious and cared for others as much as you did for yourself you would WANT to go out and fight for all of the people around the world oppressed and/or terrorized regularly.

You claim that if we were invaded you would go out and fight and you claim to be religious. That should mean you have love for your fellow human beings (not to mention it is supposed to mean that you won't judge because as a human you are not qualified to judge anyone nor are you without sin).

Apparently you care only for yourself because you would only fight if the fight was brought to your front door basically. So you are comfortable enough to watch all of the suffering everywhere else in the world, or ignore it everywhere, because you are privilaged enough to live in a country that is powerful enough to keep it's citizens relativelely safe. You sit there and do nothing to help anyone and complain about our troops that actually put a stop to a lot of the horrors in the world.

You are a hypocrite, I don't claim to be overly religious so I have no problem judging.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join