It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we be spitting at our troops?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I think what the problem is, is soldiers have to follow orders. Thats just how it works, and if they had a choice on whether or not to follow them, our military structure would fall apart. The soldiers just follow orders, it is our leaders that tell them where to go. Should we be spitting at our troops? No, this has nothing to do with them. We should be spitting at congress, our military leaders, the ones giving the orders. But then you have to be sure about what you are doing. Do we really know why we are so imperialistic, are there hidden motives involved, or is it all about power. The problem is, americans aren't very bright. The only one we vote into office are the ones on tv. All you have to do, to limit who you want as a office holder is decide whether or not they go on tv. When we have some type of system set up, where there is no parties, and there is equal marketing opportunity for all candidates, will we have some type of chance of really controlling our country.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm
reply to post by usmc0311

I think what the problem is, is soldiers have to follow orders. Thats just how it works, and if they had a choice on whether or not to follow them, our military structure would fall apart. The soldiers just follow orders, it is our leaders that tell them where to go. Should we be spitting at our troops? No, this has nothing to do with them. We should be spitting at congress, our military leaders, the ones giving the orders. But then you have to be sure about what you are doing. Do we really know why we are so imperialistic, are there hidden motives involved, or is it all about power. The problem is, americans aren't very bright. The only one we vote into office are the ones on tv. All you have to do, to limit who you want as a office holder is decide whether or not they go on tv. When we have some type of system set up, where there is no parties, and there is equal marketing opportunity for all candidates, will we have some type of chance of really controlling our country.

We in the UNITED STATES have EVERY POSSIBLE ADVANTAGE ABOVE ANY OTHER COUNTRIES METHOD OF CONSTRUCTING A GOVERNMENT....of the people controlling our country. Some people who just love to Bitch and Moan....CAN'T GET OFF THEIR ASSES AND DO SOMETHING! Like running for office. Taking part in thousands of Govermental and State programs that have money but not enough BODIES to clean a GHETTO...get involved by creating a charity or program on a Grass Roots level. WE HAVE EVERY ADVANTAGE! I have three jobs and I still find time to run two charities. DO SOMETHING! If you don't like the way things are...fiqure out a better way and organize.

I will tell you something right now...the U.S. Populous would overwealmingly vote into office a President who is a LEADER! A person who tells it like it is! A person who will say...I know this is not the popular thing to do...but it's the right and best thing to do for our country. A few stsements like this and the media would be all over this person. They would not need special interest money...or Pac money...just a person that say's....look....we are going to go down line by line on the budget and if we can afford it...and it makes sense...we will do it. If it is not a priority...it's gone! By comparison to the ECONOMY of the U.S...the amount we spend on the Military can be reduced...but it is tiny in comparison to the whole. A healthy U.S. economy depends on ONE THING...the sector of buisness that employs over 80% of all AMERICANS...SMALL BUISNESS...yet neither party does anything for the LARGEST EMPLOYER! Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988

Originally posted by rockledr
I am active Army with 23 years experience. For all of you who want to spit on troops, come to Fort Drum and put your money where your mouth is. But be forewarned... Don't let your aligator mouth overload your mockingbird A$$. We have 10,000 troops who have recently returned from both countries. The only thing between you and ud is air and opportunity. As I have said before come get some.

but, i can guarantee 85 percent of these "troops" u call them, will be locked up n prison or commit other acts of violence! so take your tuff guy attitude to the slammer solder!!!

oh and its experience not your way of spelling lol!!
edit on 01/04/2009 by steve95988 because: poor spelling by a soldier

The OP said spit on our troops.

This soldier here said come spit on me and youll see what happens.

Then you tell him he has a jailhouse attitude?

Do you think?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I agree with OP 100%

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join