It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you love the USA?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Because of the way the US is set up, if the men and women ever got strong and figured out what was going on, we could change it over night and right the ship.
With all of my complaints about this land, I would still rather live nowhere else on this rock we call Mother Earth.
In fact I would bleed and die for this piece of dirt on this rock, as long as the blood spilled on US soil.
We export democracy everywhere yet we have a republic, why don't we practice what we preach or not preach at all?
Why do I love the US?
We can still fix this lady, she is beautiful as she stands, she needs no new makeup, we just need to scrape the whore makeup off her face maybe then the world would see her radiance once again.
I could babble on for day about the US but I will just use this video to speak for me.

This says it all.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by nenothtu
You DID, however, say this, relative to this post:

reply to post by jjjigga

The difference between Australia and the US is that Australia doesn't go around playing world police, claiming we are the greatest country on Earth and poking our noses into every other countries business.

OK, now please tell me how that is contradictory? As I am reading it, it is very definitely not. It clearly states what I have been saying all along, that America, nor Australia, is NOT the greatest country on Earth and that all countries are equal.
edit on 15/2/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

My apologies. I should have bolded it for ease of comprehension.

You said:

The difference between Australia and the US is that Australia doesn't go around playing world police, claiming we are the greatest country on Earth and poking our noses into every other countries business.

Then you re-read it to say:

Australia doesn't go around... claiming we are the greatest country on Earth

Leaving out the bit about Australia and wars, which I addressed, apparently much to your consternation.

My response was:

While we're on the subject of wars, lets mention Korea, Vietnam, Iraq,, Afghanistan, East Timor - because there at least weren't any Aussies poking their noses into other folks business in THOSE wars, were there? Oh, wait...

Never mind. Scratch that thought...

.. and you're seriously not seeing the contradiction there?

edit on 2012/2/15 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
For the most part I like the American people, even though most of them know little or nothing of the rest of the world. The government on the other hand, I hate. America is the biggest warmongering nation the world has ever seen. In the last two hundred years, no other nation has fought more wars and caused more civilian deaths than the good ol' U.S. of A. Lets not forget that they are the only nation to ever use nuclear weapons against another nations civilian population, not once but twice.

The government has a "if you're not with us you're against us", foreign policy attitude, and bully any country that doesn't see eye to eye with them. That and the fact that they steadfastly support the land thieving, Zionist regime Israel.

I really could go on and on with the reasons why I don't like the American government but I digress.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Why do you love the USA?,

That's the topic of this thread ... why do you love the USA? People came on and answered. THEIR ANSWERS ARE NOT WRONG.People are entitled to love their country for whatever reason they want to. For some foreigner to think it's his 'mission' to scream at Americans who love their country and to argue with them .. that's pretty damn pathetic.

I love America. I love New York and Philly. I don't need some yahoo to remind me that there are cities in other countries .. as if that's a reason not love the cities in my country. :shk: I don't give a rats backend that there are cities in other countries. I love OUR cities.

I love the Liberty Bell. I love NYC Delis. I don't care if other countries have bells and delis. That's not a reason for me not to love ours.

I love going to NHL hockey games and I love the pride each city has in it's team. I don't gave a hoot if other countries have hockey teams. That's not a reason for me stop loving our sports teams and how we have our city pride. I love ours.

I love the Mississippi River and all the 'folksy' stuff that goes with it. The paddle boats. Huck Finn. I don't give a flying leap that other countries have rivers. That's not a reason for me not to love the Mississippi. I love our river and all the 'Americana' that goes with it.

I love the Presidential mountain range. I don't care that other countries have mountains that are bigger or more snow covered or whatever. That's not a reason for me to stop loving our mountains. I LOVE being up in them.

Again .. it's pretty damn pathetic for a foreigner to be so jealous and upset over Americans loving their country that they make it their 'mission' to shout at Americans who simply answer the question "why do you love the USA'. Loving things about America IS NOT wrong. But having a 'mission' to whine about Americans who love things about their country ... well .. there definately IS something wrong with that.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I defend myself very vehemently, I do not like feeling intimidated or bullied or ganged-up upon.

And that's one of the things I love about Aussies!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

The difference is that America started those wars, Australia did not. Yes, we were involved but not because the public wanted it so. The majority of Aussies are quite pissed off that we were dragged into a war we didn't believe in.

"You're either for us, or against us". Remember those nice words that Bushy-boy used to make the rest of the world feel obligated to help? Basically blackmail really.

Gee, that was easy now wasn't it? Why couldn't you have figured that out yourself instead of continuing to attack me just when I thought we'd all managed to calm down?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I love America. I love New York and Philly.

I'm sorry, I just really can't help posting another picture....

God bless America

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by reaxi0n

Mmmmm. Death on a plate. With a side of purgatory......

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Why do I love America?
Because simply put it has given me the best chance at survival in the 20th century and beyond of any other nation on earth.
Because I can do as I please as long as it does not harm another individual and is constitutionally legal.
Because we have the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
Because we have the MLB the NBA and the NFL along with College Athletics which entertain me.
Because we have some of the most beautiful women (some are fake/but many are natural)
Because I can worship anything I want or nothing at all.
Because the power to change my place in society lies within my own hands, as Bob Marley said we must escape mental slavery- Only WE can free our minds.

Because most don't realize that the there are a large number of politicians..whom we all hate that were once hard working individuals chasing down a dream. It's not entirely their fault if they fall to greed and corruption, I dare an American to say that if given the power of a political office and faced with bribes or payments from lobbyists that they too wouldn't take the money. Not because they would be turning against their constituents but because they're trying to provide for their family in both the immediate and long term future.
Because I can smoke marijuana if I can find it, it is illegal.. but so is speeding, drinking while driving, stealing music/movies but that's how things are.

You can do as you will, but be aware of the consequences.
Any hate towards the country might as well be re-worded as hatred against the 1% that rules our federal government, it is not actually the fault of the federal government in direct action, but rather in indirect decision making and a hierarchy of power that is almost too much of a conspiracy and too large of one for people to fully comprehend.

Because I can study and learn as much as I want thanks to public libraries and the open ended nature of the internet. ( Hope it stays that way)
Because the possibility of a revolution- peaceful in nature as a result of a raised consciousness is always present but so many people choose to just ignore politics/government in general, if you ignore something.. and choose not to be a part then shut yourself up, you shall have no rights if you don't participate in the system that governs them.

Because as I said before, people must free their mind, raise your consciousness, people tell you that you can't do something because they can't do it themselves. When in reality the whole point of America is that you can become what you want, whenever you want if you earn the necessary knowledge to reach that level. Most people let others and the MSM tell them and have them believe that all the odds are stacked against them when in reality it couldn't be further from the truth..TPTB as some call them would like for the MAJORITY to believe that so that only the cream rise to the crop and that is what has happened for years.

I don't agree with wars and the like but as Eisenhower said it WE must guard against the Military Industrial Complex but we simply choose to believe it doesn't exist yet we see countless examples of it.
Because one day TPTB will take it one step too far and even the blundering fools who don't see the truth will have it shoved in their face to the point where there is no longer doubt that it exists and that greed has ruined much of what was a great country, but they still haven't destroyed our souls or our will to live.
Because some day I plan to enter into politics, even if just at the local level. Speaking of local level, Local and State politics are something else that I love about America, most people don't understand that if you want National Change, we have to start locally, then work our way up. We must remember that with the Constitution and the Supreme Court on our side, we have a chance at defending ourselves if worst comes to worst.
If you can't leave the country because of a criminal record it's no one's fault but yours. The government merely disciplines you for behaving like a total idiot, so behave appropriately as often as possible.

Most will sit back and say that rights and this and that are being taken but it's because of our inaction in politics and government, which is much different from the actions that created this nation. Most simply don't care and would rather watch American Idol instead, which is fine, do as you please. But if you don't do anything to change your own social standing, or to motivate yourself towards a better life then you have no one to blame but yourself.
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself, the banks and the corruption will fall eventually because that's the cycle of life. We just can't give up hope before we near the finish line or we'll never make it out of this alive.

Most importantly, I love America because it gives me the chance to be all I can be, Habeas Corpus- can keep me safe against unwarranted actions. Because I can do ME. Not You.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

LOL soooo worth it though man

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestromason
***snip***
Many home-brewed "A'mer'I'CAN'Ts" might talk $#!t about the USA but they know deep down that they are miserable due to self-failure.
***snip***

THAT is why I don't love America.
The compassion. The self image. The arrogance.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Ok, so are we all good now? If so then beers are on me....

...right after I get some sleep....I managed to stay up all night on this thread somehow and apparently I have to work in a few hours (although the chances of that happening today are getting smaller by the second).

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

There is always hope, and I will never know if I don't try.

On the flipside, why is it that people feel the need to intimidate, bully and call others "America Haters" the minute they hear something they do not like?

You are right!!! We have ganged upon you and you are fighting as if you are backed into a corner.!!! I am pretty sure that most posters are American. But it is only because of the way you have so vehemently attacked them and as a matter of fact, I can't say all of their counter-attacks are right either.!!
You would do the same, for which is very obvious that you love Australia. That is a good thing. People here love their country...and no ..we don't approve of all our government does, which does make us individuals, not brainwashed and who are not oblivious of what is happening. but maybe you don't approve of all that yours does either.
But the very thing that you don't like is the very thing you are doing....your above post.
I understand what you are trying to say...we know this already.....you just need to meet more Americans. The grass-roots people here are very nice and have a great sense of humour.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

So bloody what? Americans have extremely loud voices and a bullish way of making their thoughts known to everyone and squashing everyone else's opinions with the "America Hater" punchline. I just decided to up the level of my own voice in order to be heard over the cacophony.

The degree of steriotyping an entire population as "loud" and "bullish" reviels a distict prejudice you feel towards Americans as a whole.

If you are trying to appear logical and unbiased with a desire to show civil equality across all demographics you are displaying emotions that indicate differently with broad stroked steriotypes such as this.

Conciously or Unconciously.

God Bless,

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Whats these Nonsense with the "Why do you love" threads bull#?...what are you 12?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

Well, that happens when one is backed into a corner. But everything is good now, differences have been sorted (I hope). Now I really must go before I collapse in my chair and my wife wakes up to find me dribbling all over her iPad.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sintabon3
Whats these Nonsense with the "Why do you love" threads bull#?...what are you 12?

Join the party bro.

Just remember, no fat chicks

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCommentator

Well, I have to say I hate the USA and everything it stands for. You're foreign policy is completely F*****, and so are the majority of people who live with in the USA ( Based on your own media's portrayal of the people. IE: MTV, Local News, Are you smarter than a 5th grader I mean come on, these are the people who are " Helping " the world) The USA has this very high and mighty way of thinking of themselves. They feel they have a right to go into undeveloped countries and " Free " or "save" them because they feel superior, when in fact in many ways they are not. You're ideals of bombing for peace, and murderous reform is absolutely disgusting. The USA is barely keeping it's head above water on an economic level, but they feel they have the right to tell other nations how to solve their problems and criticize them publicly. The US looks down on other nations solutions to hunger, poverty, protesting and yet the USA has more of these problems at home and offers more aid to foreign nations or to bail out it's banks. The entire system is flawed, the lack of education and care for it's own people is completely disturbing. They constantly promote a sense of entitlement, and the separation of "classes," and in doing so are a breeding ground for corrupt inhumane individuals who feel they are morally superior to everyone. I find it truly disturbing the US goes after dictators and individuals they dub terrorists or evil doers who have done very little to no harm to innocent people and then bomb the hell out of a poor country killing 15+ civilians for the intended targets and this is considered acceptable collateral damage. I have yet to hear of a US effort to help rebuild or compensate the wounded, killed and maimed civilians of any of their imperialistic crusades on terror. I can't remember the figure and I'm sure the true figure is lost in propaganda anyhow, but how many civilians have been killed in Iraq, Libya, and Afghanistan ? Okay, now how many "insurgents" were killed ? How many Americans lost their lives during these conflicts ? Now over roughly the last decade these 3 conflicts took place for 3 targets. Sadaam Husein, Moahmar Gadaffi, and Osama Bin Laden. When you look at all the loss of human lives, and all the money spent and peak through the wool and realize all of this was for 3 men!!!!! Millions lost their lives... MILLIONS !!!! Americans, Libyans, Afghans, Iraqi's and it really doesn't stop there because their were far more people involved. Out of all of this the disgusting truth is, 3 men 1 of which we know was hunted down on a basis of complete lie and misdirection. Sadaam Hussein may have been a truly cruel man, he killed thousands of his own civilians with gas attacks, but the USA went in after Weapons of Mass Destruction they assured us existed, hell they had pictures of huts, farms schools and hospitals that we bought as silos, munitions, labs and hide outs. To this day no evidence has been found of any of these WMD's we were so hot to persuit. I'm not even going to get into the heated discussion of 911, or the removal of a seemingly innovative, proud Libyan who wanted to take the country in a direction no one else has the balls to try because it may have solved some problems we've just greased up and let slip by for so many years.

3 men people. The cost was astronomical and disgusting. Was it worth it? Why would anyone love the USA when there are so many reasons to hate, loathe and curse the nation built on lies and dark secrets.

Nuff said.

Welcome to the New and improved USNN ( United States of Neo-Nazism.)
edit on 2/15/2012 by Ilyich because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

A few pages back, but...

How is that a good thing?

Well, no nation is a perfect democracy, and all are subject to corruption. However, even the powers that be know the American public will only take so much, and that check is still in play.

That is entirely up to personal opinion. I think the Brits make the best TV and movies personally.

Not opinion, sheer statistics. Just see how many of our shows and movies get seen around the world. The Brits have a FEW good shows now and then, true, but many? No, not even close. I enjoy some Blackadder and Python as much as the next guy, but c'mon...

And wars. Lets not forget the wars. Military Industrial Complex anyone?

Not wars we started (well, until recent ones, but those aren't the ones that built us).

That goes for any English speaking country actually.

Yep, our lack of breeding like rabbits will soon have us as a minority.

So can I. So can most people from most countries.

Not most, you'd be surprised. There are many nations in the world where this simply isn't so. (go around without wondering about violence)

Same. Good luck anyone invading Australia. The Japanese tried, and failed dismally when they got completely lost on our North coast.

You're joking right? A few main cities and you've conquered the region.

Same. We call our system HECS.

Didn't say we were unique, just one on the list.

I will agree with you on this, only when I see it happen. (foundation of our nation)

To be fair, as I recall, Australia's follows a similar model.

Because you have more people than most. If your country had less people it would be an even match methinks. The rest of us also donate and give aid...we just don't tell everyone about it...we do it because we care...not for accolades.

Not really, there are other nations with far more people per square mile, who do not. It's not about telling, it's all public record.

On paper, yes. In practice, no. See: Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam etc etc.

You're saying that a guy who dips people in acid baths isn't a despot? Or folks who openly operate terrorist training camps? I guess my idea of peaceful country differs from yours....

There are many beautiful and spacious countries on Earth. Australia is just as big as the US....we have even MORE space than America.

Only because nobody wants to live in the desert. Seriously, most of the most deadly creatures on Earth, are all in Australia. It's like God putting a big warning sign up.

Used to be. I am not seeing much moonlanding going on recently. That and other nations are rapidly catching up to you guys.

I think we're just at a crossroads of this. We've done what we can with existing tech, but we need to go further, and I think there will be a lull while that next generation is gearing up. Problem is, no longer the same impetus of competition to drive it.

It is NOT the best nation on Earth. It is no better (or worse) than most others.

Now THAT is an example of opinion. Of course people are going to feel loyalty and patriotism towards their country. Nothing wrong with that.

I've put in a few jibes here and there, but honestly, I'd love to visit Australia some day, it's one of two continents I've never been on (and I have no plans to visit Antarctica).

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCommentator

The amount of stars you have received for your anti-American thread should tell you all you need to know...

Sniper

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join