It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you love the USA?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by TheCommentator

America has the Constitution. A great document. An historic document. Right up there with the Magna Carta, if I may be so bold.

That's why I love America.

What's the Magna Carta got to do with it? It's a nice historic document, but it has no relevance to the UK today.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

1. The appearance that we have some kind of say in our government (even though real power rests with big corporations and industry)
UHH you admit yourself its only an appearance??

2. We make the best TV shows and movies of any country. (and any other entertainment)
Well this is highly questionable, it only has a perceived value; most of which comes from the huge and pointless amounts of money that go into it. There is no reason to say that they are in any way superior to other nations, and in fact most of what the US pumps out is boring mainstream crap that always fits into the exact same mould.
In saying that, there is plenty of good stuff that comes out; but no more than from other nations.

3. We're the world's largest economy and superpower, and we did it through innovation and creating a society that others often try to emulate.
Well not if you account for your masses of debt and the fact that the world economy is collapsing. It wasn’t done through innovation it was done by the banking cartel who went and destroyed other nations so they could be used as economic slaves.

4. Most people speak English (though that may change)
The English language is actually one of the worst languages, the way it is designed is not efficient nor intelligible.

5. I can leave my house, go to work, and come home with little worry that my house will be claimed by the government, or that I'll be shot on the way.
Like most places.

6. I never worry about a foreign power invading, as it'd be suicide.
What about nukes?

7. I could get a college education without the money up front.
Isn’t that part of the scam?

9. The foundation of our government is sound, even though it has been morphed over time, into something catering to special interests. The foundation is still good, but we need to get back to some of the basic beliefs we were founded on.
This has to be the funniest one. In no way is it sound, its in an unpayable amount of debt and is unconstitutional in every sense.
Getting it back to its foundations would take a revolution.

10. When adversity hits, we come together, and are the world's biggest philanthropic nation.
No more, and possibly a lot less than other nations.

11. We generally support human rights and democracy throughout the world and oppose tyranny, oppression, and genocide.
Yet you let your government slaughter millions of innocent people.
Americans support human rights when it is in their interest.

12. It's a beautiful country, a spacious country, and yes, the people are generally nice as a whole. We are generous, welcoming, and tolerant of different beliefs and cultures.
No argument there. But like most western nations you are hardly tolerant of different beliefs and cultures on a whole.

14. Simply put, for all of its faults (and all nations have them), it's still the best nation on Earth, and I'm happy to call it my home.
Well we could argue this all day but there is nothing that makes your country superior to any other.

edit on 15-2-2012 by TheCommentator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper0317

The amount of stars you have received for your anti-American thread should tell you all you need to know...

Sniper
That a lot of Americans are ignorant to what their country actually is?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Was watching through some old WWF clips and saw this. Couldn't resist putting it here. You'll have to wait until about the end to get to the message.
edit on 2/15/12 by Echo3Foxtrot because: HLA

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCommentator
reply to post by ellieN

The problem is that America enforces the monetary system that keeps most of the world burning and in poverty..
Anyone who tries to actually do something good for their country gets killed like gaddafi etc..

I don't disagree with what you said about the monetary system. As, I am sure the possibility of becoming an Enemy of the State is very, very real. I think we all know that the darkside of our country holds many secrets... ....as it surely does in other countries also..

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

How would you know?

You've never lived here yet you'll try to portray yourself as some sort of half-assed expert. Let me guess, you've studied us on Youtube, TV and the Movies eh?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

How would you know?

You've never lived here yet you'll try to portray yourself as some sort of half-assed expert. Let me guess, you've studied us on Youtube, TV and the Movies eh?

I know I take all my moral cues from hollywood

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Probably because I think its wrong to kill millions of innocent people

While I agree it's wrong to kill innocent people, you haven't shown that the "millions" of people you mention were innocent. Have you ever given any consideration to the "millions of innocent people" killed by numerous other countries?

Why did you not mention the BILLIONS of people that no doubt would have died without some form of assistance from the United States? How does your country rate when it comes to assisting the people of other countries?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Except anything tired in another country doesn't work here because of the scale of it all.

At the core of it, perhaps that is why I love the USA. It's simply uncontrollable, and yet contradictory, so easily controlled if you don't go too far.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
A wise man once said: "all you need is love". On the other hand, he also said "I am the eggman, I am the walrus."

In this case, the US is that man.

That's how I feel about the US.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused

Probably because I think its wrong to kill millions of innocent people

While I agree it's wrong to kill innocent people, you haven't shown that the "millions" of people you mention were innocent. Have you ever given any consideration to the "millions of innocent people" killed by numerous other countries?

Why did you not mention the BILLIONS of people that no doubt would have died without some form of assistance from the United States? How does your country rate when it comes to assisting the people of other countries?

See ya,
Milt
What do you mean? We all know the US war machine has gone into countless nations and cities, and targeted general civilians by bombing residential Ares and such.
Are you saying that every single Iraqi, Libyan, Vietnamese etc.. was a terrorist?
Yes I have given much consideration to the murders by other countries but right now the US and Israel are the biggest threat to the world and peace.

Sure there have been times where the US has stopped others from killing but a majority of the time this is not the case.
So it would seem the invading without reason is just made easier when there is a real reason.

My country does a lot of humanitarian work but It is probably just as bad as the US in the big picture.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Except anything tired in another country doesn't work here because of the scale of it all.

At the core of it, perhaps that is why I love the USA. It's simply uncontrollable, and yet contradictory, so easily controlled if you don't go too far.
Truer words have never been spoken.
Come to the USA, land of the controllable masses if you have enough money and clever PR campaigns.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

That's not true. Maybe a few years ago, and only for a few years. Not anymore.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

That's not true. Maybe a few years ago, and only for a few years. Not anymore.
Well I guess we will know soon enough

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

My country does a lot of humanitarian work but It is probably just as bad as the US in the big picture.

That's a curious comment. What would make "humanitarian work" "bad"?

What is it that makes your country so much more lovable than mine?

See ya,
Milt
edit on 15-2-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused

That's a curious comment. What would make "humanitarian work" "bad"?

What is it that makes your country so much more lovable than mine?

See ya,
Milt
edit on 15-2-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

I never said humanitarian work was bad.
The fact that its your country along with the UK, and Israel that are forcing our country to be involved in such messed up things.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
People on this thread have completley destroyed the starring system.
Staring someone because they are on your side of an argument doesnt make much sense. I know you will say you are agreeing with what they are saying but so many posts have been starred that dont even make sense or are completley irrelivant amoung other things.
Great lot of credibility.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy
OP, The question you should ask is "Why do so many people love the USA?".

Seeing as the US is ranked in the top 3 if not first in the world's most migrated-to countries, and is the most desired place for everyone around the world to live in, it's fair to say that the majority of the world either likes the USA, or envy it so much that it wishes to live there.
Um, you do know right that the top desirable places to live are ranked as such:

1) Norway
2)Australia
3)Netherlands
4) USA

This was from a UN report released 6 -12 months ago.

www.terminalu.com...
edit on 15-2-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

We're Number 4!
We're Number 4!
We're Number 4!
We're Number 4!

Piss off and stop being a smart arse please.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

The constitution gives us, the government, the right to print and issue its own currency. But we don't do that. Behind the black curtain are the masters that own America, and they aren't from America.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I didn't know I was supposed to click on stars, although that's an extra click and I can't justify doing that work. Your comment is great though, reminds me of the USA voting system.

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join