It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you love the USA?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
For 1 reason and 1 reason alone:

Sharia law, it will never take place here.

It's also known as Islamic law, it will never happen here because it is arcane, ancient, prehistoric.

No jury, just 1 judge, stole some bread? hands get cut off.

Gay? No jury, just 1 judge, gays get the death penalty.

Look funny? No jury just 1 judge, maybe life in prison, who knows, because Sharia law is Satan's law.

It doesn't exist in the USA, never will, but it does exist in England, in the Islam districts, I feel sorry for them. It does exist in Islam districts in Norway, I feel sorry for them. Not all are extremists? true, but for some reason, even the non-extremists have no voice when a Christian church in Norway is burned down. Not saying anything is a silent way of supporting the terrorists.

In the USA we are not afraid of Muslim extremism and we will not tolerate them.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaxi0n
reply to post by hp1229

Lucky...I've been in Philly twice for a total of 6 weeks all together. I want to live there just for the delicious goodness

Probably the only good thing about it...Food
Otherwise trust me...its infested big time. Definitely not a good place to upbring the kids.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by Sintabon3
Whats these Nonsense with the "Why do you love" threads bull#?...what are you 12?

Join the party bro.
Just remember, no fat chicks

Butbutbut... what if someone likes fat chicks? That's the thing about America - it takes all kinds, and that's one thing we have in droves - "all kinds"!

Ever watched TABOO on Natgeo?
Definitely it takes all but Unique kinds
despite the diversity.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

Lucky...I've been in Philly twice for a total of 6 weeks all together. I want to live there just for the delicious goodness

I have a weakness for all the varied ways a heart attack can be delivered on a roll there.
Maybe not the healthiest example of American Ingenuity, but damned if it don't make my knees sort of weak!

Well depends on the ingredients and proportions ofcourse

With all the crap that gets added to the ingredients, even the veggies can kill you these days

edit on 15-2-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

reply to post by hp1229

Otherwise trust me...its infested big time. Definitely not a good place to upbring the kids.

LOL I hear ya

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
Ok, so are we all good now? If so then beers are on me....
...right after I get some sleep....I managed to stay up all night on this thread somehow and apparently I have to work in a few hours (although the chances of that happening today are getting smaller by the second).

I dont know about others but I'm always good

Especially when beer is involved.

Yeah, I'm good too - especially if he's springing for Fosters.
I've got a friend, an Australian from Albany, and we've been known to fight like cats and dogs. Whenever it's over and the dust settles, we hug like brothers and buy each other a beer. I've never seen the net gain between buying each other a beer, and just getting our own.

It's the ritual of it, I reckon.

Yeah...never gotten into a bar fight myself but definitely arguements but when all done and said, buy few rounds to each other and go on our ways

Me and the wifey are planning to visit Melbourne with the kids hopefully next year visiting her friend.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

LOL I hear ya

I was in Upper Darby and Ridley township which is about 10 miles from downtown. Its very sad to see the wasted youth and possibilities.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I love America because of Frasier. I sky+ it before work everyday.

I should really set up a series link.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Fair enough. I agree everything is NOT fine.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Just because someone lives in the USA doesn't mean they support the Govt by any means...

Don't get me wrong, I love the USA as a country, I just think the people in charge are a bunch of corrupt assholes who think only about themselves and their bank accounts...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by TheCommentator

I can do what I want. and if I'm loud enough, a mob will support me if I am arrested.

This is unheard of elsewhere in the world.

Oh and guns. Lots of them. My government fears me. They want power sure, but they are in a minefield. This also doesn't exist anywhere else in the world.
Well I am fairly sure that happens in other countries, if anything wouldnt America have more people who are just there too see some poor guy get his ass beat by a bunch of pigs?

As I said just before, the government is taking away your guns and no one is stopping them; of course they arent ever going to remove them all but that is just like any other country also.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by TheCommentator
The funniest part is how none of you have said you love America for its constitution,
And how none of you care that its being taken away from you.
Yet you love the things the constitution has allowed you to do.

Who says we don't care?

The Constitution is a document illustrating and acknowleging the freedoms we have.

I suppose your country has a better version?
Then why aren’t you freedom loving Americans doing something about the government taking it away?
I know what the constitution is and I never compared America to another country.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

A lot of us American citizens know that our Constitutional rights
are being trampled upon.The American population will eventually
wake up.Have you ever watched the movie,Tora,Tora,Tora?
When our population wakes up,it won't be a pretty picture.

I thank G-d that I was born in the U.S.A.! I am an American grandma
who has a C.C.W. and I know how to bake my own cherry pies
Yes I have seen it and it’s a good movie, something I love about the USA hahahaha.
Anyway I know what you’re saying and I hope it will be like that but I think the people who are stepping on it are 100 steps ahead and would be fairly prepared for anything if they don’t already know what we would actually do.

Wow I’m surprised you can afford to bake your pies without outsourcing to china haha.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

I can do what I want. and if I'm loud enough, a mob will support me if I am arrested.

This is unheard of elsewhere in the world.

Oh and guns. Lots of them. My government fears me. They want power sure, but they are in a minefield. This also doesn't exist anywhere else in the world.
Well I am fairly sure that happens in other countries, if anything wouldnt America have more people who are just there too see some poor guy get his ass beat by a bunch of pigs?

As I said just before, the government is taking away your guns and no one is stopping them; of course they arent ever going to remove them all but that is just like any other country also.

They've not taken any of mine. They took away your guns? Bastards! Why did you allow that? Out of bullets?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestromason
Another reason for LOVING THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA...

I am a highly-educated, pompous American @$$hole...and I AM PROUD OF IT! :up
edit on 15-2-2012 by maestromason because: (no reason given)
Im suprised it doesnt hurt when the government is screwing it all the time

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ellieN

The problem is that America enforces the monetary system that keeps most of the world burning and in poverty..
Anyone who tries to actually do something good for their country gets killed like gaddafi etc..

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I love the promise of america, the fairy tale so to speak.

as far as what america is in reality... I'll just say I have many problems with the reality of america.

I don't see how anyone can support america's federal government though. Just look at the approval ratings of congress, I would say nobody does.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
Compared to the living standards of most of the world i can't think of a better place to live. Theres alot of open land and in the rural areas a real independant spirit that's why i love America.
Thats because your country enforces the banking cartel monetary system which keeps other nations as your economic slaves. So for you to have a good living standard billions of people need to live in poverty.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

reply to post by maestromason

No...Right NOW! I do as I PLEASE....When I PLEASE....HOW I PLEASE! It is a beautiful thing being an American. I can't describe HEAVENLY BLISS ON TAP ... ON DEMAND! ON EARTH..but if I could that would sum it all up for you...A VERY BEAUTIFUL THING!

Your government is removing your rights bit by bit as we speak and the public want do a thing about it.

A common delusion fostered by the illusion that the government issues those rights to begin with. they don't, and they can't take what they haven't given. One can fail to exercise his rights, but they cannot be "taken away" - he's just not exercising them.

You are only as free as you allow yourself to be. No one else has any say in it.

Not to mention its going to be impossible to do anything when you the economy you all depend on collapses.

"Impossible" is a relative word. What you find "impossible", I DO on a regular basis,

Haha at the fact this gets stars because the first half is basically what I said in different words.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD

Why dont you give the love examples then

The USA has given over 1 trillion dollars in international aid to the victims of disasters in Haiti, Japan, Africa, Australia, Indonesia, India and citizens of recently overthrown dictatorships to aid in the establishment of democracies in the last 10 years.
If the US stopped enforcing such a corrupt banking system around the world they wouldn’t need to give money because the countries would be able to support themselves.
Also its important to note that due to this system most charity is pointless as governments take it from the poor in their own countries and give it to the rich over there, and when it does reach the right people it can’t help so much because you can feed someone today but due to the system they will still be in poverty tomorrow.

The USA has held at bay Communism and Facism from stripping the natural born rights of human beings in other countries for the last century.
Its funny you say this because the theocracy you are living in now is getting much worse then communism ever was. You live in a dictatorship with a public face that changes every 4 years.

The USA and its citizens donate 10x (on average) more to varias charities around the world per capita. Those charities are responsible for building schools, hospitals and public works in 3rd world countires.
Once again this is in no way an achievement. If you scale it down and compare it with a 3rd world nation, Americans giving 1 billion dollars is just the same as a 3rd world nation giving 1 million.

The USA provides for 1/3 of the Earths food supplies and maintains a reserve supply to help other countries with food shortages.
And due to the corporations that run America, that food supply has been put at huge risk of destruction and genetic failure which would destroy the human race.

It may not be enough to "overcome" the bad as the OP suggests, but the USA has done more for other countries then any other civilization in recorded history.
They may have given but they have taken 10 fold away.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join