It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you love the USA?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask
most of them know little or nothing of the rest of the world.
Do you think that most citizens of your country know about the rest of the world including America? If Yes, how much do you think they know about US?

Everyone outside the US pretty much reads, watches or in some cases experiences the american politics, policies and culture via Books/TV/Internet and popular US cultural outlets in their respective economies. Many people who remember and answer the questions about a country might have a good memory or fascination. Does that make them any smarter or better than the ones who do not remember or focus on the subjects of other countries? Or is it a cry for attention from other countries to pay attention to their history since they know about the American History and politics but for those americans who chose to ignore others history?
edit on 15-2-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content.

edit on 15-2-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I was going to bed, but I guess I should answer you since you took the time.....

I don't agree with you on the TV thing, but for the most part I guess I can agree with you. I will reserve further points for after I have slept and blown work off for the day, suffice it to say I was on a bit of a roll and may have gotten carried away with some of my reasoning.

Antarctica though, I could spit and hit it and I will still never go there. That I wholeheartedly agree with you on!
(unless they find Atlantis, or an alien ship, or the Nazis, or the entrance to hollow Earth or something equally as unlikely
)

Ok, I really am going to bed now......my eyes are drooping.....
edit on 15/2/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaxi0n

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I love America. I love New York and Philly.

I'm sorry, I just really can't help posting another picture....

God bless America

Damn I miss it.

I was in Philly for a year.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Whoops! whoaa! I think I may beg your forgiveness! Looks like you have gained an ally on here, which makes your posts look like a picnic in the park!!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by nenothtu

The difference is that America started those wars, Australia did not. Yes, we were involved but not because the public wanted it so. The majority of Aussies are quite pissed off that we were dragged into a war we didn't believe in.

"You're either for us, or against us". Remember those nice words that Bushy-boy used to make the rest of the world feel obligated to help? Basically blackmail really.

Gee, that was easy now wasn't it? Why couldn't you have figured that out yourself instead of continuing to attack me just when I thought we'd all managed to calm down?

What was it that Bush had to do with Korea, Vietnam, and east Timor again?

As to the allegation that "America started those wars", that could be argued in some cases, and argue it I will if I must, but I'm at a loss as to the rationale for how America started the war in East Timor. Could you enlighten me on that? I was under the impression that was all Australia's baby.

A "response" is not necessarily an "attack", but if you must feel defensive, then I suppose you must. That's not my problem, nor is it a reason to back off, just because of an accusation. If there is any "attack" involved, it's against your statement, not against you. Defend it - the statement, that is, not your self. I actually kinda like you, personally. I'd buy you a beer.

You at least try to hold your ground. hell, to be honest, you could be an American!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I love America. I love New York and Philly.

I'm sorry, I just really can't help posting another picture....

God bless America

Dagnabbit! You've done it now - you've gone and made me hungry! Now I gotta get up off of my dead ass and go cook something!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Easy, 2 things. The people. I've never met a more hospitable, thoughtful people, and I'm Canadian. We can be snooty. My experiences in the States have been nothing but positive. I frickin hate that I need a passport now though. And 2? The NFL. Duh.

ETA: Just thought of another. The political process. Not the system, that sucks but the process is fascinating.
edit on 15-2-2012 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I love the US because it is still the best place to fulfill one's potential. I do not like the fact that we are rather quickly eliminating that potential for a large majority of the population. This is not a political statement, because there are many at fault. It is merely an observation of statistics.

WASHINGTON — The number of Americans who lived in households that lacked consistent access to adequate food soared last year, to 49 million, the highest since the government began tracking what it calls “food insecurity” 14 years ago, the Department of Agriculture reported Monday.

www.nytimes.com...

The increase, of 13 million Americans, was much larger than even the most pessimistic observers of hunger trends had expected and cast an alarming light on the daily hardships caused by the recession’s punishing effect on jobs and wages. About a third of these struggling households had what the researchers called “very low food security,” meaning lack of money forced members to skip meals, cut portions or otherwise forgo food at some point in the year. The other two-thirds typically had enough to eat, but only by eating cheaper or less varied foods, relying on government aid like food stamps, or visiting food pantries and soup kitchens.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sintabon3
Whats these Nonsense with the "Why do you love" threads bull#?...what are you 12?

Could very well be a 12 year old.

But look at the number of posts it generated
Its a simple question which should be asked in the schools periodically or more frequently

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Ok, so are we all good now? If so then beers are on me....
...right after I get some sleep....I managed to stay up all night on this thread somehow and apparently I have to work in a few hours (although the chances of that happening today are getting smaller by the second).

I dont know about others but I'm always good

Especially when beer is involved.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Whats these Nonsense with the "Why do you love" threads bull#?...what are you 12?

Join the party bro.

Just remember, no fat chicks

Butbutbut... what if someone likes fat chicks? That's the thing about America - it takes all kinds, and that's one thing we have in droves - "all kinds"!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
You at least try to hold your ground. hell, to be honest, you could be an American!

That is one thing Aussies and Americans definitely have in common. We both hold our ground to the bitter end if we have conviction to do so!

Anyway, I am not ignoring the rest of your post, I am just way too tired to answer it properly now. I am actually lying in bed but I keep picking up the iPad to check I haven't missed anything juicy

You actually seem like a nice bloke too, we shall chat more after I get some kip.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Lucky...I've been in Philly twice for a total of 6 weeks all together. I want to live there just for the delicious goodness

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

You read my mind

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Join the party bro.

Just remember, no fat chicks

Butbutbut... what if someone likes fat chicks? That's the thing about America - it takes all kinds, and that's one thing we have in droves - "all kinds"!

Alright, but we need a limit otherwise it gets too messy.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Who are the Haudenosaunee, then? The 6 Nations? I think you need to expand the timeframe. the Indians in the Eastern Tier were trading all the way to the tip of South America for thousands of years. they built roads, grew and made goods, had money and traded by boat. They couldnt do it without a Central Govt, and as far as you look back is 300 years?

You need to look farther back!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
US has been in the last 30 years the only Superpower.

With that absolutely massive power comes responsibility. Yes US have made mistakes (Iraq 2) but actually I think that they have led pretty well as well - Iraq 1, Bosnia (how much ethnic cleansing was stopped then). Then there is the US freedom and democracy that many countries around the world crave.

We in the UK (and actually Western Europe) have very similar ideologies to US and can look at US as our beacon.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I still love America however it is getting harder and harder to say why.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Ok, so are we all good now? If so then beers are on me....
...right after I get some sleep....I managed to stay up all night on this thread somehow and apparently I have to work in a few hours (although the chances of that happening today are getting smaller by the second).

I dont know about others but I'm always good

Especially when beer is involved.

Yeah, I'm good too - especially if he's springing for Fosters.

I've got a friend, an Australian from Albany, and we've been known to fight like cats and dogs. Whenever it's over and the dust settles, we hug like brothers and buy each other a beer. I've never seen the net gain between buying each other a beer, and just getting our own.

It's the ritual of it, I reckon.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

Lucky...I've been in Philly twice for a total of 6 weeks all together. I want to live there just for the delicious goodness

I have a weakness for all the varied ways a heart attack can be delivered on a roll there.

Maybe not the healthiest example of American Ingenuity, but damned if it don't make my knees sort of weak!

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join