It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why do you love the USA?

page: 22
10
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCommentator
The fact that its your country along with the UK, and Israel that are forcing our country to be involved in such messed up things.


No one is forcing your country to do anything.

Can you not swallow the fact that your government is just as corrupt?




posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCommentator
 


Yes,I can afford to make my own pies without chinese
intervention! I even can my own fruit for my pies



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCommentator
 


Happy to burst your little bubble...
Countries like north korea only provide resourses for the
'elite" and their military.The general population is allowed
to suffer and starve.
Orphanages in iraq would receive donations from other countries
for the children.BUT,the children would never get to use the
supplies donated.WHY? Because the supplies would be
confiscated by the military for their own use.
I can find more examples if you like



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Why do you love the USA?,


The Constitution. The Bill of Rights. Democracy. Freedom of speech. Freedom of religion. Freedom of the internet. Freedom of information. Equal Rights Amendment. Freedom of the press. Catholic Churches built next to Buddhist Temples ... and getting along just fine. Grocery stores full of food and most people able to afford it. Those that can't afford grocery stores get help from their fellow Americans via entitlements and faith-based help. Americans can own their own business. Those born poor and/or sick can overcome and be successful. Americans can keep most of what they earn and not have it stolen from them by the government. Unlike some other countries - there are no 'morals police' roaming the streets beating women who don't dress or act according to how someone in government thinks they should. There is no forced military recruitment in times of peace or even in war. Americans are willing to serve the country (the world) for the greater good (US Mllitary, Peace Corps, National Guard, Red Cross, Hospice, volunteering at the library, etc). Libraries! Schools for everyone so they can learn to read and do math. Unlike some other countries - girls can go to school and learn just like the boys do. America is the most generous country on the planet - both with volunteering and donating money. I love the pioneers and their spirit. I love that we Americans have walked on the moon. I love our loving of sports ... GO FLYERS!! I love that we can get in a car, or get on a bus, or get in an airplane and travel .. UNRESTRICTED .. throughout the country. Not all countries allow that. I love the cities. I love the mountains. I love the small towns. I love the beaches. I love swimming pools. I love having clean water on tap whenever we need it .. both hot and cold running clean water. I love (really loved) eating our pizza, fries, milkshakes, burgers, meatloaf, pot roast, whoopie pies, and all the other 'American' foods. BACON! NYC delis. Philly cheese steak sandwiches. I love Niagara Falls. I love the Grand Canyon. I love Yellowstone. I love the Mississippi River and the Great Lakes. I love the Presidential Mountain Range and the Rockies. I love Disney World. I love NYC and Philly (But Philly is beter!
) I love the art museums and the zoos. ETC ETC ETC It's not perfect ... but it's really fantastic!

edit on 2/15/2012 by FlyersFan because: typo


And thats all about to change. Half of the stuff you mentioned you can't do anymore anyway.



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas
 


People have been saying that for years.

I'm confident that the majority of this will still be 'imminent' in five / ten years time.



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Why do you love the USA?,


The Constitution. The Bill of Rights. Democracy. Freedom of speech. Freedom of religion. Freedom of the internet. Freedom of information. Equal Rights Amendment. Freedom of the press. Catholic Churches built next to Buddhist Temples ... and getting along just fine. Grocery stores full of food and most people able to afford it. Those that can't afford grocery stores get help from their fellow Americans via entitlements and faith-based help. Americans can own their own business. Those born poor and/or sick can overcome and be successful. Americans can keep most of what they earn and not have it stolen from them by the government. Unlike some other countries - there are no 'morals police' roaming the streets beating women who don't dress or act according to how someone in government thinks they should. There is no forced military recruitment in times of peace or even in war. Americans are willing to serve the country (the world) for the greater good (US Mllitary, Peace Corps, National Guard, Red Cross, Hospice, volunteering at the library, etc). Libraries! Schools for everyone so they can learn to read and do math. Unlike some other countries - girls can go to school and learn just like the boys do. America is the most generous country on the planet - both with volunteering and donating money. I love the pioneers and their spirit. I love that we Americans have walked on the moon. I love our loving of sports ... GO FLYERS!! I love that we can get in a car, or get on a bus, or get in an airplane and travel .. UNRESTRICTED .. throughout the country. Not all countries allow that. I love the cities. I love the mountains. I love the small towns. I love the beaches. I love swimming pools. I love having clean water on tap whenever we need it .. both hot and cold running clean water. I love (really loved) eating our pizza, fries, milkshakes, burgers, meatloaf, pot roast, whoopie pies, and all the other 'American' foods. BACON! NYC delis. Philly cheese steak sandwiches. I love Niagara Falls. I love the Grand Canyon. I love Yellowstone. I love the Mississippi River and the Great Lakes. I love the Presidential Mountain Range and the Rockies. I love Disney World. I love NYC and Philly (But Philly is beter!
) I love the art museums and the zoos. ETC ETC ETC It's not perfect ... but it's really fantastic!

edit on 2/15/2012 by FlyersFan because: typo


And thats all about to change. Half of the stuff you mentioned you can't do anymore anyway.


Kindly point out that "half" that we "can't do anymore". While you are at it, explain what's "about to change".

See ya,
Milt




edit on 16-2-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas
 


Yeah, all of that you can still do. And I don't see it changing any time soon.

People on the outside...no ideas. Am I right?



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91
 


I did manage to start a manufacturing business over the last 3 months, in spite of the "depression"

And Im not even using any social services!

I saw that my countries economy was failing, and i said, "F THAT!"

and now Im almost needing my first employee!

In America, the posibilities are endless. But its not for the weak willed.
edit on 16-2-2012 by rainbowbear because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2012 by rainbowbear because: were else can you make a living without needing good spelling and english?



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCommentator

Originally posted by marinesniper0317
reply to post by TheCommentator
 


The amount of stars you have received for your anti-American thread should tell you all you need to know...

Sniper
That a lot of Americans are ignorant to what their country actually is?

Well..we had an aussie earlier on this thread and now you. What is your nationality? Let me start with that question first.



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCommentator
 


How do you equate:



Your government is removing your rights bit by bit as we speak and the public want do a thing about it.


with:



A common delusion fostered by the illusion that the government issues those rights to begin with. they don't, and they can't take what they haven't given. One can fail to exercise his rights, but they cannot be "taken away" - he's just not exercising them.

You are only as free as you allow yourself to be. No one else has any say in it.


How is the second a "restatement in different words" of the first? By what twisted logic does "your rights are being taken away" add up to "your rights cannot be taken away"?



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCommentator

Well we could argue this all day but there is nothing that makes your country superior to any other.



Superior?

Why does it need to be superior? I thought the question was "Why do you love the USA", not "why do you think the USA is superior"? That is two different questions.

I love the US because it is my home. that also makes it superior to the rest of the nations to me. It has been said that if I had a mansion in Shangri-La and a home in Hell, I'd sell that mansion and go home.

"Superior", I suppose, can be in the eye of the beholder.



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by TheCommentator
 
America has the Constitution. A great document. An historic document. Right up there with the Magna Carta, if I may be so bold.

That's why I love America.



A document that is constantly being shat on, re written or just simply ignored by your elected officials.
edit on 16-2-2012 by LonelyGuy because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCommentator

The fact that its your country along with the UK, and Israel that are forcing our country to be involved in such messed up things.


So grow a pair. Tell the US and UK that you don't want to go on the next joyride.

You know - if you don't want to do it, just don't.



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaxi0n

Originally posted by TheCommentator
The fact that its your country along with the UK, and Israel that are forcing our country to be involved in such messed up things.


No one is forcing your country to do anything.

Can you not swallow the fact that your government is just as corrupt?
Wow you seriously think that?
If we were to tell them to get lost they would destroy us economically and probably silently threaten us with nukes.
You know what they are like.
When did I say my government is not corrupt?

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by TheCommentator

The fact that its your country along with the UK, and Israel that are forcing our country to be involved in such messed up things.


So grow a pair. Tell the US and UK that you don't want to go on the next joyride.

You know - if you don't want to do it, just don't.


Wow you seriously think that?
If we were to tell them to get lost they would destroy us economically and probably silently threaten us with nukes.
You know what they are like.


edit on 16-2-2012 by TheCommentator because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by TheCommentator
 


Happy to burst your little bubble...
Countries like north korea only provide resourses for the
'elite" and their military.The general population is allowed
to suffer and starve.
Orphanages in iraq would receive donations from other countries
for the children.BUT,the children would never get to use the
supplies donated.WHY? Because the supplies would be
confiscated by the military for their own use.
I can find more examples if you like

I agree, but if they were to use a western style democaracy it would be just as bad for the general population, if not worse for a lot of them.
The US plays a huge part in seeing that foreign aid does not reach the children.

Yes,I can afford to make my own pies without chinese
intervention! I even can my own fruit for my pies

Wow, you should sell apple your method haha



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu
 

Not going to bother quoting your two other posts above because for the first you just compared two random pieces of information not related and the second you completely twisted my words out of context.

I’m surprised you didn’t get a star for that lack of intelligence



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCommentator
 


That's a nice excuse but that's not the reason at all.
Would you like to take a guess at who owns your privatized corporate bank?

I'll give you a hint. The same people that own the US bank, along with most of the world.

The fact is, your government and ours work happily hand in hand.



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaxi0n
reply to post by TheCommentator
 


That's a nice excuse but that's not the reason at all.
Would you like to take a guess at who owns your privatized corporate bank?

I'll give you a hint. The same people that own the US bank, along with most of the world.

The fact is, your government and ours work happily hand in hand.
I know?



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCommentator

Originally posted by reaxi0n
reply to post by TheCommentator
 


That's a nice excuse but that's not the reason at all.
Would you like to take a guess at who owns your privatized corporate bank?

I'll give you a hint. The same people that own the US bank, along with most of the world.

The fact is, your government and ours work happily hand in hand.
I know?


Then no need to disagree. lol.



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCommentator


Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by TheCommentator

The fact that its your country along with the UK, and Israel that are forcing our country to be involved in such messed up things.


So grow a pair. Tell the US and UK that you don't want to go on the next joyride.

You know - if you don't want to do it, just don't.


Wow you seriously think that?
If we were to tell them to get lost they would destroy us economically and probably silently threaten us with nukes.
You know what they are like.



Yes, I seriously think that. Why not? The options you give are complete hogwash and an excuse for weakness and failure. Still, even if they were true, it would boil down to a simple choice - live on your knees or die on your feet. Don't compromise yourself, then whine that you are compromised.

Destroy you economically? Why did you buy into their economic schema to begin with? Had you not done that, they would hold no such power over you.

Nukes? My ass. That's just another excuse, and WAY overblown at that!.

When was the last time you were threatened with a nuke by the US? "The wicked flee when no man pursueth."


edit on 2012/2/16 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
10
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

log in

join