It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you love the USA?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Why do you love the USA?

In response to these threads:
Why do YOU love Israel?
Why do you love Iran?
I wanted to know why some of you support the US?
I’m not looking for answers like ‘because the people are nice’ etc..
Because this is about the government, foreign policy and not about certain groups of the general population.

Much like supporting Israel, I cannot understand how anyone could justify supporting such a murderous regime.
Whatever good they are doing could never make up for the bad.

So let’s get some debate going..

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I swear I'll make a Trinidad & Tobago thread!

+30 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCommentator

Why do you love the USA?

Because you can start redundant threads that bring nothing new to the table without being bludgeoned...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I don't.

I really don't. I left the country years ago. When I told my friends it was like people leaving Germany in the 30s, they all laughed at me and said I was crazy. They still do. They don't see the slow motion train wreck that is happening right in front of their faces.

It's the old frog in the pot scenario. Works every time.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

Why do you love the USA?

Because you can start redundant threads that bring nothing new to the table without being bludgeoned...

Feel better now?

I guess a threads potential to bring something new often comes from the people adding to it, so if everyone was like you we wouldnt get too far would we.

edit on 14-2-2012 by TheCommentator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Not sure that I do.

I've lived in the US my entire life and the more I learn about our covert intelligence operations, lobbyists, corrupt politicians and our dark ages attitude toward homosexuals, m*******a, and abortion, the less likely I am to be here past my 30th

If Canada could just fix that cold weather problem they have I'd already be there

ETA: I also find it amusing that so many people here love to shout about how it's the greatest country on earth when they haven't left their hometowns. Of course it's not the worst country on earth but to have that kind of blind jingoistic pride is just stupid. Statistics and economic indicators would suggest otherwise

BTW I hope everyone is ready for "Well if you damn liberals don't love this cuuntry then get the hell out!" To that I say - I gotta save some money first, it'll take a bit
edit on 14-2-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
I swear I'll make a Trinidad & Tobago thread!

Haha they are the key players in the world no doubt.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

They don't see the slow motion train wreck that is happening right in front of their faces. It's the old frog in the pot scenario. Works every time.

Exactly.
Its a silent dictatorship, constantly heading in the same direction no matter what puppet becomes its face.
People only worry about the obvious.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
How could I not love America? For one thing, it would be potentially illegal not to: One might run the risk of disagreeing with the government and get on a terrorist list or something. Great country! The best! God Bless Anerica, by jingo!!!

Does that comply sufficiently with the NDAA, Mr. President?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Because I don't care about any other country

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

America has the Constitution. A great document. An historic document. Right up there with the Magna Carta, if I may be so bold.

That's why I love America.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

America has the Constitution. A great document. An historic document. Right up there with the Magna Carta, if I may be so bold.

That's why I love America.

But the government doesnt follow it and the people dont care. And without the will of the people the constitution is just a piece of paper.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I love the United States for the same reason I loved the other four countries I've lived in... it's the people. Unfortunately, the rest of the world only hears about our politicians, criminals, and our misdeeds. There is more good in this old world than there is bad. It's a shame that's what most of us hear about... and dwell on.

reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

Damn it! Now I have Dr. Pepper all over my monitor! I gave you a star for that one.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Cause what other can you walk into the hospital and find 2 Action stars who are old enough to be on Social Security in side by side hospital beds!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Cause our precious time, sweat and tax dollars....

fund worldwide TERROR!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
She wears a sexy skirt!!!

Loving a country ? or the familiarity you have with that country, some call culture, others tradition, and some patriotism.

I've seen people cry for leaders in other countries. And the fanaticism I've seen for the queen here has shocked me.

I think it's all about familiarity. What you associate with you do not want taken away.

I don't live the US. I certainly do not hate it, or denigrate it. It's not my country. And I find some things accepted there as entirely odd for where I live.

But by the same token, I hate some parts of how this country, Australia, is heading. But not the country.

The enemy is no longer a flag waving uniform wearing member of a land beyond the borders of where you live... The enemy can now be your neighbor.

I am wary... no love or hate. Just concern.

edit on 15-2-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
If you live in the U.S.A. and you don't love it then why don't you just GTFO and never come back, move to North Korea or something damn commies.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjjigga
If you live in the U.S.A. and you don't love it then why don't you just GTFO and never come back, move to North Korea or something damn commies.

You tell 'em Jethro!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I love the USA because I can separate the nation from those who come and go as it's leaders. The nation will endure.....even if it has to go through some very rough times occasionally. That is what makes it lovable. Endurance, Character, and plain American stubbornness. It makes the total idiots who lead us just a hair more tolerable than they otherwise would be.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I've been around the world. And there is nothing that makes me happier than landing back in the USA.

I hate plenty of things about this place, but I dont think there's anywhere else I'd rather call home.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join